Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185832 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1725 on: March 23, 2018, 10:27:19 pm »

Instead of doing all that, sting her. I'm sure our new fans would appreciate the effects of that.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: March 23, 2018, 11:03:57 pm »

Actually, yeah.  Kill her with a sting, and get the cultists to help us kill the pigmen and their leader.  Or distract the pigmen while we flank them and go for the source.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: March 24, 2018, 06:10:38 pm »

... the option of doing a striptease seems to imply that that option has been chosen before...
This has not happened before. While Sydney spent an unusual amount of time naked, mostly not of her own volition, sexual things are more of a humour thing than a real thing.

Excellent. Now...
With a quick, stylish flourish (hard to do when you're doing it with your butt, but you make it work.) you sting Glory in her chest, right between her ribs. Your payload enters, and she starts coughing blood just about immediately. She can't quite scream because of it. While that grisly scene is going on, you tap Kai on the chest. You tell him between clenched teeth that he should get the police and explain the situation. Just as he turns to run, your children burst out of Glory's chest, finishing her off. Three new children, although they look... strange. They're all rather pale; closer to white than your blue. In addition, they seem a little more active. As the cultists around them scream in amazement and terror, they skitter up your legs. You pet one of them, as a sign of affection to tehm, and a point of intimidation to the cultists. They seem enraptured, their large dilated eyes looking at you. They're all clearly drugged, which adds a small tinge of shame when you say the next few words.
Did you LIKE that!? Did you LOVE that!? They all nod yes, some of them slapping their hands against the ground in a trance. They hoot and holler, clearly very interested in you. Some of them are scratching themselves for some reason. Well, they're about to get all the stimulation they need...
There's a horde most foul inside that cave! They seek to end all of you!
LET THEM TRYYY! One of the bigger freaks roars. Funny, you didn't think they still had the capacity for speaking.
This isn't a good use for them.
What?
LEEEET. THEEEEEEM. TRYYYYYYY!!! the big freak shouts, fortunately mis-interpreting your talk with your second half as a request for more noise. Though perhaps "fortunately" wasn't the most ideal word. It's very annoying. Especially now that the rest of the drugged cultists join in. If they didn't just get done eating/raping corpses, you'd think of them as children. Right now they stand somewhere between "rabid dog" and "successful chromosome farmers"

They're easily influenced, and enraptured by power. We could turn them, you know, start our own cult from this. We could finally take the first steps towards godhood! Of course, I can understand if you desire competence from your minions, you are the clever one between us...
Hm.
I'm impressed you turned them, but you need to make them do something, soon...
Will you WAIT for that!? Would you stay here when there is pleasure to be had!? GO! CHARGE IN. DESTROY THEM ALL!
They all roar and rush inside the tunnels, with the exception of around three of them. Considering they consisted of about three dozen freaks, that's saying a lot about the general intelligence.
You three, what's the holdup?
F-feel bad. Need the shaman again. Didn't get my...
They're starting to lose the high, I think.
The shaman!? I LOVED that guy! He has some of the greatest things I've ever seen, and the things I felt....
You feel a warm, comfortable feeling well up in your chest at the memory that isn't even yours. You can't even actually remember it, but you just...
It's sort of the mental equivalent of hugging yourself. Good feeling, but really friggin' odd and usually a sign something's wrong.
Good thing you detoxed, or you'd be jumping at the chance to see this shaman again. Aren't you glad when eight hours of pain and a completely nonsensical rant end up being good for something?

We should move if we're going to stock up. I don't think the police will think positively about us standing knee-deep in the dead.
She's right... We both need a sword.
Going back to swords?
...You. You need a sword.
Damn it.
Bye! Midas suddenly yells, before running off at full sprint in a random direction. You don't know if he knows where he's going, but it's probably "as far as humanly possible". Although you doubt that's the last you'll see of him. He has a name and minor plot importance.
Well, that's that. Now what?

Go back in the caves and improvise.
You just sent in the cultists, before they loose interest and reverence. You should follow them, make use of the distraction.

Stock up.
Go and gather up some supplies. the Cultists' sacrifice will be remembered

Go home.
It is now officially not your problem. Let the police handle this.

ADDENDUM!
What will you do with the three druggies that are starting to sober up?

Leave them here.
Not your problem.

Take them with you
Whether it be in the tunnels, or just in the city, it doesn't matter. You're going to take care of the sods.

Kill them.
This seems... evil. You're already kind of going against your moral code by sending people into the deathhole.

Other.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

On a related note, Alexia will now become more talkative. I kept her in a quiet mode for a time, but that actually lasted a bit longer than actually planned. I kinda forgot she was supposed to talk again, because I'm not competent.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: March 24, 2018, 06:23:16 pm »

Gather some gear We seem to have lost the advantage of suprise, so lets stock up and get ready to go.

And I think we should just leave them.  If they survive until after we kill the thing in the deathpit, we can spend all the time we need to get them out of here.

Also, if these swords break easily we should get a few spares.

(lose, not loose)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 06:46:58 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: March 24, 2018, 06:25:59 pm »

Examine children! Important.

Resupply. More bullets for killing bad things won't go amiss.

...Kill them? Seems simplest. They were (probably) just trying to kill us.
Okay, so maybe we don't need to kill them. But make sure they don't run up and backstab us when they get sober. Keep eyes open.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: March 24, 2018, 09:13:00 pm »

Errrrgherrrrgrgrgrgrgehg... Those three. They are, well, Slaaneshi cultists. Letting them run free is basically a war-crime, possibly a long history of war crimes culminating in something that needs a special category above war-crime, like... war-treason? many with the added benefit of being outside of wartime... They will become uncontrollable when the drugs wear off. Killing them is the obvious choice, but... Well... It's still cold-blooded murder, they are just standing there being vaguely obedient with no pressure of imminent death if you fail to impress like with Glory just then. Which was obviously completely justified! Hate to say it, but they would be better off as drider cultists. No idea what this would do for you or your other half, but there is a rapidly draining void where the drugs were that could be filled by drider, and it is probably the closest thing to a sane and productive existence that they can hope to find. Not to mention that it severs Slaanesh right for trying to lay claim upon us, "weird dreams" indeed... Unless there is some sort of completion bonus for getting to the final quest-line with a zero divinity-score?
 If anyone has concerns about the ethics of such behaviour, point to The Ronin... (Yes, The Ronin needs to be capitalised. The closes thing to a ronin around here is Yunikki, and we wouldn't like her answer if we asked who her master is... Well Alexia might, but no...)

And of all things Midas was probably saved by Slaanesh. It makes little sense at present, but just a simple process of elimination largely confirms that as "no-please-no-make-the-agony-end" levels of bad and thus probable. The other likely option is that he actually started worshipping US of all things, and that? Who knows the badness...

And, uhhh, see if there are any weapon-stashes from The Ronin, or old ones from The Saints, they don't seem to be using them right now. Going too far would be unfortunate, the cultists are a distraction for now, but could become more enemy forces soon, and may run out of drugs before the reach anything crunchy. Getting back in soon would be good, but our gear is terrible.

Spare a moment to try to gather ambient souls into a lantern.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: March 25, 2018, 01:30:51 am »

1. the new spider-kids aren't listed

2. let the runners go into the cave

3. say to the three to talk to the shaman  "The drider, fleshripper: said there are enemy cultists at the tunnels, the gestating god will want to destroy every party in the city", it's not just sending people to the death hole, is to send criminals to fight against eldritch abominations
(Although we have a small history of aiding and allying with criminals against other worse criminals, it will be our first time engaging criminal vs elderitch)

and 4. we should resupply
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: March 25, 2018, 03:15:17 pm »

You three! Go to the shaman, and tell him this: there are enemy cultists in the tunnels, the gestating god will destroy every single part of this city, hells, the whole LAYER! Tell him that, would you!?
Y-yes. We'll go... We'll go find him. Will he give us... will he give us the drugs if we tell him that?
I'm just about sure of THAT.
He does like his minions mindless, especially wretches like this.
Y-yes. Thank you. they say, before scampering off, bent over but at least running with just the legs. They were still wearing clothing, too, clearly they were more advanced than the others. Or... not advanced enough?
But before you go, you need to look into your new children. They've been wandering around on your back for a while now, clearly a little out of it. Glory must have been drugged up, despite the lucidity, and it affected your spiderlings. It shouldn't be permanent, but for now they're a little less useful than most. Not to mention, they look a little weaker, as well. She was not an ideal host, that's for sure...
Doesn't matter, you've got stuff to shoot.

For ease of use, you decide to go to the gun salesman that directed you to where Kai was going. He was fairly close from there, and you know he's got the good stuff. You won't be getting the sales that Snip got you, but time is more important than money, right now. To your surprise, you can see a large cluster of dwarven police officers running about the front entrance. They don't pay you any mind, at least, clearly more concerned in gathering up all manner of weapons. You do remember that this guy sold some of his off-market stuff to the cops, but you didn't expect them to do it so openly and in such large amount. Despite the husle and bustle, though, the shopkeeper is available.
Ah! Welcome back. Don't mind the blue, they're preparing for an assault on something rather... classified. Guessing from the hefty ordinance, though, I'm guessing it's got them scared shitless. Anyways, I have them available for payment later, you're still paying up front. What can I do for you today?
I need more bullets for this gun. I feel like I'm going to need more than 13 in the future.
A good assessment, most likely. I have a box of fifty .44 magnum bullets for 35 dollars, that should keep you nice and protected in the future. Anything else you need?
Do you sell swords? This piece of crap's not going to last.
Ahhh, yes. The Ronin katanas are notoriously shoddy. Well, I do have some things available... But nothing special while the police is stocking up. Tell me, you want something light like that katana, or something with a bit more weight? I've got longswords and shortswords available, and a much bigger collection of knives. Butterfly, Bowie, curved... Bayonets are proving quite popular, you can stick them on your gun for emergencies. 
Just give me a damned longsword, I'm in a hurry. Yunikki, what do you need?
Shortsword.
Eighty bucks.
You pick through the money you have, grateful for the mysterious extra 100 that appeared after your rave. Those notes kind of... stick together. You're not sure how, but you're kind of glad to be rid of those.
Ugh... wonderful. Anyway, here's your bullets, let me get the sword...

He disappears in the back of the shop, while you nervously tap three feet. Eventually, a member of the police force walks up to your group. She's a blonde dwarf with a very clean outfit. She seems to shave quite thoroughly.
Ma'am? Care to explain the blood on you right now? she says in a suspicious tone. You don't really like that tone.
There's a cave filled to the brim with mushroom zombies, slaaneshi cultists and pigmen. I just got out of there, and I'm looking to get some more bullets and a sword so I can go deeper and kill whatever's causing this.
...oh. Are you going to help us during the assault, then?
We are. There's experience in our group when it comes to the eldritch.
Right. Be sure to talk to the commander when you get there, then. This is a code infra-red, we're open for anybody willing to help. Shadowrunners especially... Are you people shadowrunners?
I would say no.
Just mercs, then. Fine. Just, please talk to the commander. He needs to organize this whole mess. I'll see you at the cave, then!
She runs off to help carry one of the boxes that an officer was having trouble with. You wonder just what, exactly, these people are gathering up. It can't JUST be big ol' guns.
The shopkeeper returns with a longsword and a shortsword. Looks like it comes with complementary leather scabbards.
Well, YOU'RE well-prepared, now. The rest of your companions seem ready enough. Sucy has a few extra potions back at Meandra's place, though, some of the more specialized types...

Go to that commander fella to go help out.
Enough dilly-dallying. You move NOW.

Enter the cave in the confusion.
No time to deal with that random commander.

Go to Meandra's house
The potions might make a difference. Best not be underprepared. But, that'll eat up a lot of time that you might not have.

Other.

Basic Stats

Party

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: March 25, 2018, 05:03:01 pm »

Go meet the commander.  There might be armbands or such for uniforms.  Friendly fire isn't friendly, after all.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: March 25, 2018, 07:00:50 pm »

Best speak to the commander, the courier isn't exactly low-profile, and if the cultists start obeying us... Getting more potions would be lovely, but we just don't have the time. If we spot an apothecary on the way then we can spend a bit, maybe another 50 or so, but otherwise she will have to make do(due? I feel as though due is the proper phrase, but do works better in this instance...) or go back to Meandra's by herself and likely not see us until it is over.

Big question. Do we inform the commander that we are an eldritch lieutenant candidate?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: March 25, 2018, 07:22:45 pm »

Sucy could go with someone ( our cat so he can guide her to us) to get her stuff and try to meet us there, maybe the shots sounds and a fuckton of police/slaneeshi are going to attract more attention than an alchemist trying to find us

Go talk to the commander, this can bring us closer into having proper information about the drider-slavers on level two
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: March 25, 2018, 10:10:11 pm »

Go see commander.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 26, 2018, 10:43:53 am »

Update delayed, overtime is going to leave me top late to make something.
Neat stuff I do:

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 27, 2018, 02:46:29 pm »

You decide to go with the commander, the rest of your companions are properly armed enough as it is. You can just follow the large amount of police forces to get back to where you came from, and it gives you some time to get an idea of what you're going to be dealing with. You saw a large van filled with heavily armoured troopers pass, with SWAT labelled on the side. You don't know what that means, but you get the idea they're the heavy unit. There are plenty of normal cops on the way as well, though. Contrary to the gangs you've been dealing with, almost all of the police force consists of dwarves, making your group stand out exceptionally. When you arrive at the tunnel, you can hear the skirmish far before you can see it. The roaring blasts of shotguns are echo throughout the distract, like a mighty percussive orchestra.  When you arrive, there is a line of shields at the entrance, and people are wearing odd masks everywhere. Finding the commander wasn't too difficult, at least, he was marked with a big golden badge on his shield. He's damned tall for a dwarf, and he's puffing on a big cigar as he looks at the defences getting built. Turns out they bought a canon, as in a castle defending, big blasting, cannonball firing cannon. They're still putting together the pieces, but you doubt anything will be able to take a hit from THAT. Looks like the defence is going to be fine, but when people get deeper...
GET THAT CANNON UP AND RUNNING, THE SCOUTS ARE GOING TO NEED COVER. SHIELDS, CLOSER TOGETHER, NO HOLES. KEEP THE GAS MASKS COMING. he yells through a megaphone. Most of his orders aren't really needed, but his voice does seem to keep everybody energized. It's mostly there to remind everybody that he's watching.
Hey, you the commander?
Ah! You must be the mercenaries I was told about. You said you went in there before?
Even rescued two people, sir. You don't know what it is about this guy that makes you call him "sir". Probably the big golden emblem and domineering voice.
You have any prior experience with these things?
Nothing with the mushrooms, but I know the source and just about everything else that's going to come out of that cave. You might have noticed my zombie?
Yes. We're still getting calls about it back at HQ. You've been riling up the civilians, but I'm not going to turn down the help. I'll assign you to somebody, and you'll be part of team fang. They're the infiltration team. I mean to send them in while team shield causes as big a ruckus as they can manage. You're going as "unofficial advisor". Grab a gas mask from the truck, it'll be better than your rags, then move to behind the shields at the front. Conserve your ammo, let the shields do their job.

He points to a large supply truck, where two less combat-ready people are handing out the strange masks. You admit, they seem a little more sealed, and they probably grant a little armor. Your party is now decked out in these masks, and you even get a free vest to put over your robes. It's a little odd, being more fabric than metal, but you don't exactly mind. It might just make the difference. The weight is a little more than what you're used to, but it's just a vest. Full-body armor would probably be too much for you to handle easily.
The commander is decked in just that, though, with added actual metal plating. No wonder he's impressive.
You hear the first catastrophically loud explosion from the cannon. Seems like they put it together. You hear the distinct sound of several pigmen squealing at once. Seems like it got busy since you were gone...
You hope the casualties won't be too bad.
You join up with the shields, and then see just how bad things have gotten. The shields are backed with shotgunners, although you hear some sniper fire as well. It's mostly pigmen charging in, apart from the occasional mushroom zombie. The most tenacious ones are the slaaneshi cultists. Seems like they didn't last long, and they are not a good sign as zombies. sprinting on all fours, and they keep going until you completely destroy the brain.
Best not mention to anybody they're your doing. You hadn't exactly expected things would get this bad this quickly.

You've got a few more moments as team Fang assembles, though you think you see the captain for that group already. He wears similar armor to the commander, albeit without the extra plating. He seems nervous, and he's checking over his shotgun almost obsessively. You're not too keen on seeing a nervous wreck for a commander, though he remembers to at least sound serious whenever somebody asks him something.

Ask him questions
You should prepare to work with this guy. He aught to know about your role, too.

Watch the hordes.
It might be best to keep a look at the enemy. Prevents surprises for now and for in the tunnels. Might be some unexpected things in there.

Prepare with the party.
These redshirts are inevitable going to get murdered. Better prepare a game plan for the characters with names.

Go in alone.
There's an occasional hole in the defences, to allow a small scouting team. You can rough it with just your party, and leave the cops as a defence/distraction.

Basic Stats

Party

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: March 27, 2018, 03:55:13 pm »

Social butterfly with the captain! Put him at ease by jokingly laughing about the horrifying horrors that are waiting to grind his bones!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 216