Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185840 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1710 on: March 22, 2018, 04:36:53 pm »

Yeah, sure, what the hell. We probably need to stock up a little more, anyhow.
Did we charge in here with doubts on our mind?
I mean, I was ready to get killed over here.
Not wanting to get killed is a stronger motivator, morons. Sucy says. You note that the highpitched giggling from Midas is rather similar Sucy's voice. It's incredibly distracting
YES! Yes. Yesyesyes. Leave now, please? PLEASE!?
The original plan was to warn you about assassination attempts coming your way but...
You kick one of the corpses. The rest doesn't need to be said, really, eldritch abominations getting loose upon the world is a reason to start rushing headlong into things.
You wish to stop this... whatever this is?
More than anything.
What she said, yes. But if we're going to do that, we'd better get some supplies. How are you on ammo?
My arm is completely empty. I've been using the Ronin's weaponry for about... What was it, Midas?
FIVE. HOURS!!! he screeches, his voice cracking.
Yes. Five hours. I'm down to my last three shells. It is good you came by when you did.
Right... We'll get ourselves kitted out more properly. Get the police involved, this is big enough to involve them.
What will you prove it with?
I'm thinking the undead pigman with us should be the proof that something might just be afoot.
The Ronin won't appreciate this. Not to mention, I suspect you weren't granted that sword through some sort of generosity, no? Stealing a sword is serious business for them, even if they are practically worthless.
It DOES bend easy...
When they don't shatter. They're badly made.
If we're going to move, let's MOVE. We'll talk along the way!

The walk back is mercifully peaceful. Mostly, at least. There wasn't much that could have wandered in during that time, after all. You DID find one more pigman, though, but with everybody ready to fight and Kai's shotgun, it was quickly reduced to a splatter on the floor, the sown flesh coming apart at every blast. It didn't even have time to squeal, its back was turned to you when you found it. The light at the end of the tunnel is unfortunately rather blinding. When you step out, you see...
Oh gods.
The ronin are all dead. Though that's the least of things to mention right now. Everywhere you look, you see people in all manner of undress. Some of them are still pounding away at the piles of gore that have a katana nearby. Said pounding isn't just done in the manner of smashing it, either, they're naked with purpose. Some others are just crawling around, whooping and hollering as drugs clearly course through their systems. None of these degenerates are even looking in your group's direction. Everybody, even Sucy, looks rather appalled at what they're seeing.
Slaaneshi cultists are still... finishing up on the bodies. You never quite like the term "orgy of violence" but there are few words quite as appropriate as this horror right now. There is hardly anything human recognizable in the remains, and the bloodcovered lunatics can hardly be called normal. Suddenly, though, you hear one of them shout more angrily. You turn to the roar, and see a taller woman point towards you. She's utterly covered in all manner of tattoos, with more inked skin than pink. She's an orc, best you can tell. Her clothing is a mess, just a collection of fabrics in clashing colours covering her upper body, and far too small pants. Her left breasts is hanging out, though it's tattooed black to the point that it's hard to tell.
HER! HER! THE FLESHRIPPER STAND THERE!
The cultists all look in your direction, some of them spitting out the chunks of human flesh they were chewing on. This is about to get bad...
COME! CLAIM HER SCALP AND REAP THE GLORY! THE GLORY WILL FUCK ANY THAT BRINGS HER THAT SCALP!
She gestures at her crotch while she screams that. You assume her name is Glory, not exactly an appropriate name. More importantly, however, all manner of cultists start rushing towards you, snarling and hollering.

No.
You're going to kill all of these idiots, and then you and "Glory" are going to have a talk.

I can do you one better!
They're a pleasure cult. You can probably beat her offer, right? S-somehow.

I have better things to do.
Run.

Other.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: March 22, 2018, 04:43:54 pm »

Run, but run towards the pigmen.  Let's have these minions of dark gods fight each other for once, instead of everyone going straight for our head.  In the confusion we should be able to find an opportunity.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: March 22, 2018, 08:14:50 pm »

First impulse is to charge Glory, shoot her, and throw her to the mob. Why scalp the cow when you can get the blood for free?
But leading them into each other does seem the more sensible approach, if more difficult, especially with our whole group here, and narrow tunnels to get caught between them in even if we can take the ceiling detour... And then there is the issue of Slaaneshis being turned into fungal zombies and pigmon...
If fighting does break out, it will probably be too hectic to get too technical, but we could try to intimidate them by going for spinal injuries.
We do need to send a party out for supplies and reinforcements.
Most pressing issue though is that with all these corpses lying around, maybe we can get some more undead? Especially if those corpses are already grappling with our enemies...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: March 22, 2018, 11:33:08 pm »

Try to overcome her power of the situation

"BRING HER TO ME, IF SHE DON'T COME BY HERSELF SHE DON'T DESERVE TO BE UNDER MY FEET, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING IDIOTS?"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: March 23, 2018, 03:22:41 am »

Try to overcome her power of the situation

"BRING HER TO ME, IF SHE DON'T COME BY HERSELF SHE DON'T DESERVE TO BE UNDER MY FEET, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING IDIOTS?"
That would be quite the... "feat"!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: March 23, 2018, 08:08:34 am »

If we manage to do that, with or without a fight we can make they gather and roll against the elderitch like rabid dogs, just say the rules

-Cloth(or drider silk) in front of your mouth, or they will control you against your god
-Kill everyone that is helping those pigmans
-have fun
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: March 23, 2018, 11:24:30 am »

-Kill everyone that is helping those pigmans
D-:

Also PTW
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: March 23, 2018, 01:42:17 pm »

Ha. Hahahahaha! Kill them all. Blood for the blood god!

blood blood blood

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: March 23, 2018, 04:33:46 pm »

Just to be clear, I was mostly making a pun about Sydney having either lots of feet or none, depending upon your definition...
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: March 23, 2018, 05:07:44 pm »

ARE YOU SO WEAK YOU CAN'T DO THIS YOURSELF!? WHAT KIND OF REWARD WOULD THAT BE! You shout, channeling the most "authority" voice you can manage. Fortunately, you actually have a very capable one, considering your lineage and general tendencies. You actually stop the freaks in their path, a little bit, some looking at Glory with confusion, drool dribbling down their chin. Choose your reward. Some weakling to afraid to come closer, or the target of her affections. The target of ALL your affection!
You get a little too much into it, and finish up with a borderline maniacal, but mostly just hammy laugh. Your companions just look at you uncomfortably, shuffling uncomfortably. Except Midas. Midas is acting as your hype man, you think. He's mostly rambling nonsense, but he's going up to the ones that haven't made up their mind to regale parts of you. He focuses on the spider bits and occasionally the gun you're holding. Doesn't seem like the right thing to do, but it does seem to be working. Glory doesn't understand what to do now her audience has been hijacked. She slowly starts to run, but is soon tackled by two of the cultists (they run on all fours for some reason!?). They rapidly start beating on her, and soon the rest of the cultists join in. Eventually, they drag her semi-broken body before you. Seems like they're rather merciful. That leaves you with an only barely struggling opponent opposite to you.
Turns out cultists are easily influenced. Who knew?

You kind of didn't expect things to go that easy, but you are left with one little problem.
What the hell do you do now that you just have this "Glory" person before you at your mercy, and how are you going to control this mob if you make a "wrong" choice?

Kill her.
Establish dominance, show them you're the real deal. Of course, it is a helpless opponent...

Keep her.
Claim her for yourself. Whatever that implies. Maybe you can use that to put on a show.

Leave.
This is bullshit,anyways.

Reward them with a striptease of sorts
No no no no no. We are NOT doing that. You have SOME dignity left.

Yep, let's go.
Hahahahaha.

...Kill them anyway?
I mean, they're probably a little too dangerous.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Man I just got stuck writing this. I'll admit it.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: March 23, 2018, 05:13:45 pm »

Did someone say party? Woooooooo!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: March 23, 2018, 06:35:13 pm »

Kill her!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: March 23, 2018, 07:51:40 pm »

So what we can offer them is transformation and anguish, and a chance to torment a thing that cannot die. The prospect of being turned into pigmon is probably appetising to them. Additionally, only people with ludicrous willpower could actually enjoy it instead of being reformatted. What would be nice is have them split up into duels to the submission, to prove their endurance and will. Anyone who quits isn't invited. This would potentially give us a chance to fight Old Jesty's people with Slanner's, but far more importantly, it ties up the cultists while SOMEONE GOES AND GETS THE AUTHORITIES!

In the meantime, we ought to torture Glory for information. Why, specifically, we are on yet another hit-list, and how widely distributed that list is, would be nice to know. Sucy ought to have something for systematically shutting down someone's senses and leaving them in a world of only a single, calm, monotonous voice... And when she tells us, she can have all her sense back at once, it ought to be quite the rush...

It also seems likely that Alexia would sell it better, though what else she trades in worries...

That said, it is the double-plus hard difficulty setting. I really can't trim that down to a speech that I am convinced they would listen through. Maybe mix in some audience participation, keep their eyes busy with some random dissections... It might be doable... Probably best to just keep it down to something simpler though.

It is a bit risky, but we could send the zombie to roam the streets, it ought to get somebody looking into the source, especially if we aren't subtle about it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 07:56:23 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: March 23, 2018, 08:20:10 pm »

... the option of doing a striptease seems to imply that that option has been chosen before...
What did I just PTW into?

Well, if I can contribute, I'd say keep Glory, or imprison her, or whatever. Be a merciful dominatrix to these cultists.

Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: March 23, 2018, 10:23:53 pm »

hmmm, we already seduced someone to our own gain one time, we can do that more times, HEY TRANSFORM HER INTO ONE OF THAT SEMI-HUMAN SEMI-SPIDER CULTISTS

ask if she want's to live forever or die a stupid death if she asks for leaving forever we say her to worship us (talk in plural, give this gift to alexia)

the only thing i am certain is after we do what we want we should say "Now, I want bullets, a decent sword and shield and I want troops, behind me there is a blood party waiting for us, and an being that dislikes Slaneeshi parties, who wants to bath in blood with me? GO GO, I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY I WANT IT RIGHT NOW, IF SOMEONE ENTER THE PARTY WITHOUT ME I WILL GET REALLY MAD"

we should ask alexia on how to deal with these guys "HEY what we do now?"

later we talk with our friends "Sorry I am doing what is needed"
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 216