Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185827 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1755 on: March 31, 2018, 02:39:07 pm »

Nnngh... Fine. Save these clots! We'll get that creature later.
That wasn't exactly a PROPOSAL, drider. Now get to it! I've got tourniquets, fix first what kills first! He opens up a small bag off the side of his belt and takes out several strong lines of some material you don't know. It's simple stuff, essentially just a belt you have to pull tight. It's hardly any of Alexia's concern, though, she can do much better. She grabs one of the albino spiderlings, and slowly coaxes the backside of the small creature. It twitches a little, before it starst giving off a small strand of silk. Soon, after only a little bit more coaxing, it starts coming out at an accelerated rate. With the robotic claw, she snips off a decent bit and stitches some of the larger lacerations on some of the cops. The bleeding stops just about instantly, and even causes the cops to calm down rapidly. A small magical effect she has on stitching, a painkiller. Nothing too great, considering it's more for slowing down prey than actually healing them, but they appreciate it all the same. Their thanks feel good, although it cannot offset the disappointment from losing such a great potential meal. Some of the cuter ones even get a little kiss to make it better, which they most certainly appriciate. Despite the fact that you probably did the least out of everybody, your bedside manner was so great that people soon called you an angel on eight legs. Sucy saved more lives with her potions, but her tendency to joke about their predicament does not endear her to anybody. Not to mention, she clearly doesn't care at all about the people she's saving, a girl after Alexia's own heart! The captain is just their "boss", and Hal is just quiet as he fixes people up with his experienced hands. You didn't figure him to know first aid, but it's clear he picked it up somewhere. All in all, you certainly get a few fans, and your torn robes and covering of blood gives that martyr-like image. After all the big lacerations are taken care of, you start to fix your own wounds. you went through two of the albinos already, their webbing spent along with their use. They're so weak-looking, it's a miracle they lasted that long.

After everything is done, all the victims are laid side by side. Now comes the real problem. Leaving these people behind is a death sentence, and going back is just not an option. You will have to leave somebody behind to guard them. One person should be enough, and you've got two choices. The first choice is Yunikki, who got herself injured anyway. Of course, that might make her a little less than ideal when it comes to guarding these injured men and women, not to mention her condition. BUT, losing her would be pretty much no problem, considering the creature you're fighting. You can also leave Hal behind, but that would be a serious dent in your effectiveness. He was the only one that managed to actually hinder the beast with his well-aimed bolts, not to mention he can probably deliver some incendiary payloads. It would make more sense to leave Yunikki behind, so...
So Alexia does just that. What? Did you think YOU were still in full control?
Yunikki stands ready and is more than willing to stay behind to protect these people. The injured that can still hold a weapon are also at the ready, even if they will have to do so from a prone position. Except for the few you stitched up completely. They'll be able to move around, if not very far due to their current anaemia.
Now, of course, comes the big question.

Will you still chase the big knife-wielding monstrosity?

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Party

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 31, 2018, 03:06:46 pm »

Alexia darling, ask yourself, was that even a question?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 31, 2018, 04:28:59 pm »

Alexia darling, ask yourself, was that even a question?

Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: March 31, 2018, 05:37:08 pm »

Kill the monstrosity! You are the only one allowed to exist!
BIRDS.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: March 31, 2018, 06:50:25 pm »

murdermainkillmurdermaimkill!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 31, 2018, 08:15:12 pm »

This may be a lieutenant. Maybe even one of the ones from the Bandits. Those people all just stood around and watched when you were forced into a ring to fight to the death to save your village. Now that wasn't respectful at all, was it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 01, 2018, 12:03:28 am »

soul sight on

there is a beast to hunt
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 01, 2018, 01:52:00 am »

Yunikki could probably hurt it if she got her mojo glow again...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 01, 2018, 04:30:29 pm »

Let's GO! I smell blood in the air!
Yeah, yeah... Let's just go already, I've got a couple more incendiaries. Good thing you told me about that, I suppose.
Of course, Sydney's quite clever, after all.
Are you- Are you talking in third person!?
She's not. In case you didn't notice, she kind of switched personalities.
I am going to fucking die here.
Language!
The chase down these winding hallways wasn't difficult. The creature was bleeding, although not nearly enough for the injuries it sustained. Something that loses two limbs should be dropping a lot more than the small spatters of blood you find along the way. Alexia finds the occasional straggler mushroom zombie, but they are cut down without her even slowing down. Your katana broke after the second one that was found, though, letting Alexia move on to the quality blade you bought. The blade shattered in such a way that the zombie was left with a solid hunk of blade in the chest. It was satisfying, even if there were only scarce seconds to appreciate the sight before another corner was turned. Eventually, you see the monster up ahead in another room, much smaller than the last one.
Finally.

Alexia takes Sucy's potion, not trusting her to throw it this time. In fact, this little bottle of pain isn't even GOING to be thrown. You're going to douse the fucker in this, watch him burn, squirm die and fester! Alexia giggles like a hyena as she rushes in, far ahead of the others that struggle to keep up. Of course, she's not stupid enough to just rush into the whirlwind of blades and laughter. The damned creature laughed its own laugh as it looked upon its predator. It was a horrible laugh, human and yet not so. Like the very sound sought to strangle anyone who came to hear it. Alexia's ears rang at the sound, not from the noise but the content. It was a horrible creature, it's terribleness only increasing now that it had no victims with which to distract itself with. It knows you bear the mark. It rushes forward, it's arms clumsily swinging... and pointing forward with its misshapen head, one side still screaming and the other laughing.
The explosion of sound from the revolver reverbs through the hallway and the small room, and the bullet stops the beast in its tracks. It falls quiet for a time, as the crying head vomits a little golden ichor. Disgusting. With a quick, uncaring toss, Alexia throws the albino spiderlings on the creature. They try to sting the beast, but ultimately can't pierce the skin. Useless to the end! The creature soon rears itself again, and with three quick movements the albinos are cut apart. Alexia's plan worked, the creature struck itself in it's growing rage! It HATES the both of you.
Delightful.

Your companions arrive just as Alexia runs to the side of the creature, and it rushes at her with an uncanny speed! Without a shield, all Alexia can do is parry a few errand strikes, but she takes heavy hits from the other arms. Her armor and general tenacity help blunt a few blows, but an attitude does not stop injuries! A sudden familiar blast of a double-barreled shotgun ends the creature's assault, though, and it starts screaming in pain again. In that momentary bit of distraction, Alexia rakes a massive wound in the creature with her mechanical claw. The ribs of the creature turn visible, and Sucy's potion is jammed inside. But...
The monster does a combined strike with all its blades, sending Alexia flying before she can break the bottle! The creature screams again, and marces towards her, intent on finishing her off. It rears back five arms, poised to stab her and be done with it!
An arrow sprouts from the creature's skull, and you see Hal lying down on the ground. He used his feet to pull the bow back as far as physically possible for that shot! As the creature stumbles forward, its lanky imbalanced body leaning forward, Alexia smashes against the open wound with the flat of the blade!
The bottle bursts, and fire envelops the creature.
That makes it stop laughing, at long last.

As fire burns away at the creature's skin, the flames rapidly turn green as the arms begin to shrivel up and go limp. Now, the small arms fire finally takes effect, the blisters of the creature bursting and creating more and more weak spots. Hal and the captain unleash their full arsenal, the captain even unleashing a fully automatic submachine gun! He roars as an onslaught of bullets begins to consume the creature. It falls to the ground, the legs not suitable to carry the charred wreck.
This would be a major victory, if it wasn't for the fact that you're currently dying. The bleeding catches up to you, and your breathing begins to grow laboured and irregular. You're choking...
Suddenly, you feel something fly off your back and land in front of you.
Dying, so soon? You've hardly learned ANYTHING from me! the book calls through your mind. Both you and Alexia hear it, this time.
What...
Much too soon, much too soon... Fortunately, there is a way around this. Two options, the first is taking the lost soul in that creature and fusing it to your body. It can survive a few more centuries of imprisonment after the agony of being bound to the eldritch, I assure you.
It sounds so... confident. Infuriatingly arrogant might be a better word for it, but...
But if you have moral trouble with binding him to you, you can try taking a bite of that creature's flesh. The mutation will be unpredictable, but you will be stronger for it. Enough to stabilize you, at least, and you will grow MUCH more powerful if you keep this up. You could become a devourer of GODS with this first step...
I await to see what you choose, o masters of mine!

Bind the soul.
You will imprison a CONSCIOUS mind to your body, forcing it to suffer for as long as you live, which can be very long indeed. There is no moral way to explain this away. But the benefits will reveal themselves to perhaps be worth it.

Devour the flesh
You will gain in power, but is it power you would really, truly want? It's a gamble...

Trust that your friends can save you? You won't be getting out of this without serious,permanent repercussions, though.

Stats will be shown after your decision.
Neat stuff I do:

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 01, 2018, 04:50:58 pm »

Trust in your allies. Sydney is already a veritable menagerie of curses and mutant powers.
BIRDS.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 01, 2018, 04:54:26 pm »

Flesh! We shall become enormous, and majestic! Our power shall be such that we can crush that senile drider queen with out BARE HANDS! Ahahahaha!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 01, 2018, 06:10:08 pm »

I suppose the flesh, then.  I'd rather have a fucked up body than a fucked up mind.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: April 01, 2018, 06:40:26 pm »

BIND THE SOUL.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: April 01, 2018, 07:46:26 pm »

Bind the soul and devour the body

let's add another personal quest "find rest to the soul inside us"

ask the book if we will have someday a chance to save the soul later
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: April 01, 2018, 07:57:32 pm »

More permanent injuries is not fun. These people have some great medicine, but...

This is gestating god flesh. It is not good flesh. Eating old Jesty might be nice, but, ergh. Contamination is not pleasant...

Souls are what we know, souls are what we are good at. But if this means a screaming face on our back then it will drive us insane. More insane... Like, actually bad insane instead of awesome insane... Not to mention that the soul might also be contaminated.

Fourth option? Do we have enough mana for a Syphoning cloud? There are no readily available enemies, but if we really wanted to, we could probably suck the life and blood out of friendly police dude and blame it on the monsters... We ought to have the restraint points for it...

We could just jam chunks of monster flesh into our wounds and try to mutate Graft into a life-support spell to buy more time.

Does it need to be that specific monster's flesh? That Dullahan package seems decent, and we can buy Hal a new leg... But then we would have to deal with being a drider horseman, really not quite sure how that would work... Do you make some magical horse's life very miserable? Is is some sort of weird mutant horse? Does a drider already count as its own mount? ...

Does the book have any hints on undeath? Death would be royally cheesed off, but Lichdom works much better with exoskeletons, so maybe the coolness factor of that would balance it out?

Go to sleep. We must have levelled from this, and one of the options might fix all these mortal wounds we are so bother with. Wouldn't be the first time that a metamorphosis came with a full-heal...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 216