Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 184969 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2017, 09:19:03 am »

...The ritual you were targeted by, and its results.  Their similarity to the thing that just came after you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 20, 2017, 10:20:16 am »

Also mention the oddity of it appearing near you as you thought that Death removed the mark of The Gestating God. What? No. You didn't die...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 20, 2017, 10:24:07 am »

The fact that a dwarf sized man had it bottled up, and ran when he saw you.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 20, 2017, 10:25:23 am »

Yeah, recount the immediate events in as much detail as we've got, and the things that seem relevant (Gestating God).

Also, I wanted to say, this game is awesome.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 20, 2017, 05:16:36 pm »

Hey wanna know a cool fact about spiders?

You take a careful sip of the black liquid. It is, indeed, quite bitter, but you like it. It seems to give you a sort of buzz which you rather like.
Alright, so the whole thing is kind of a very, very long story. So i'll just keep it simple. The guy responsible for this was a midget working on something in the alchemy room. I was cleaning behind him while he was engrossed in his work, so I didn't pay much attention to him. When he turned around, he jumped in surprise, and dropped his bowl of... stuff. Then the pig-man climbed that puddle, like it was a doorway.
Goodness. Those types of potions require rare ingredients, and even rarer knowledge. Even I don't know much about them. Who-ever this man is, he must be very well-supplied. Anyway, anything else?
You take another sip of the coffee. Damn, that stuff if good! You dip some chocolate in there, as well, but it doesn't really add anything for you. The taste remains fairly good, and that little buzz is downright delightful.
Ok, so. Here's the thing. I know that type of monster, and I can tell you straight away that they are some bad, BAD omens. I saw people transform into those twisted beasts during a massive ritual. I was one of the very few survivors of that debacle, and I didn't escape unscathed, either. I got marked because of it. The ritual itself was some sort of sacrifice for the "Gestating God"... Or they were making an army, I don't know.
You take a large drink as you feel your heartbeat increasing already. That damn ritual... The coffee helps.
Fucking point is! That little stamp of death means that those monsters are going to go to me like I'm fucking catnip.
You rest you head on the table, and drink the last bit of the coffee in one go. You feel pleasantly warm, and a blush is entering your cheeks.
S-shit shouldn't even happen, I mean, Death itself ougtta have removed it, right? He said so...

Some of the beakheads step back, clearly shocked. Some even made a few gasps, going against their vow of silence. Clearly, you knowing about it is a really big deal.
Fukkin.... Check it for me, alright?
You keep your head on the table, and lazily move some of your legs in the general direction of your back. There's no way in hell you'd be able to reach, but you seem to have forgotten that right now. You're also lying on the floor now, which is interesting. You giggle at the thought, and get kind of stuck in that same giggle. Some of the birds took your advice to heart, and look under your coat. You don't even care for a second. The wizard across from you looks a little concerned.
A-are you quite alright? You're not poisoned, are you?
Another voice enters the room. Mr. Kasimor has entered, and he does not look pleased.
She's drunk, you moron. Caffeine makes spiders drunk, and knowing your usual amounts, that was enough to wake the dead! Now, how about you explain to me why I've got a god-damn Eldrich pigman on the table? She can try to sober up while you explain this to me..

You giggle a little more, and rub your face. You feel kinda like your head's floating, but most of all the table feels really, really soft. You close your eyes a little, enjoying the  buzz while the other two boring people talk. They seem a little agitated, but your visions a little blurry and you don't care. Some of the beakheads are handing you water, but you're not really thirsty right now. Its nice of them, though, really gentlemanlike. You laugh again, and consider telling them about the last time people brought you drinks. Before you know it, you've told them about the time people kept buying drinks until they looked past to the counter and sa the lower half of you. That was kinda mean, but its just funny now...

Drink the water, try to sober up.
You still have a day to deal with. It's probably for the best if you were to try and sober up now.

Have a nap
The table is soft, and this is the healthiest thing you can do right now. (and on a meta-note, you get to level.)

Wander off.
Wacky shenanigans are always a good reason.

Other

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:31:08 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 20, 2017, 05:49:03 pm »

I seem to recall that chocolate has caffeine too, but I guess that this has all been one big exciting experience.

Drink: -1 hangover, gain assistance while the topic is fresh. Good, solid plan...
Nap: We could use some levelup enhancements and we are not exactly fresh right now. Good, solid plan...
Hijinks: "Death's not so bad. Goes a bit overboard with the whole enigmatic thing but you think you saw a sense of humour under it all." Hey, do you actually know how long you can stay on the ceiling? Might be important someday, maybe spinning around until you are dizzy would make it worse... Oh, you can walk with a busted leg, so you don't need to use them all all the time, you can probably carry something with them, where's Meanrda, she should be around here somewhere. If you are going to be working here you could use some easy access to the upper floors, lets build a web, and someone could fall out of those windows, you could save a life! ... This would work better with a right-angle, stupid thread, maybe if I drape it over this, I bet the guard will walk under that awning, I just need to stick a slack thread to them and wait for it to get stuck over there. Why does nobody else have the sense to use webs, so convenient, humans say that they can't use webs but you've never seen them try, probably just scared, lets find Meandra and teach her to use it, we just walked onto the web and figured it out, should work for her too, just drop her on it and tell her how great it is... ... ... Bad, bad plan, but cannot say no...

Sorry, I just can't decide, maybe later...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:05:18 pm by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 20, 2017, 07:20:41 pm »

Drink, then Have a nap if possible.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 20, 2017, 08:37:24 pm »

Wander off
I have no justification for this, but the heart wants what the heart wants.
Read the First Post!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 20, 2017, 10:21:00 pm »

Sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 21, 2017, 01:07:21 am »

"Death was sort of mean about your body though, you don't know how bipeds put up with lower bodyparts that are so lumpy and fat."
Go out through the nearest window to stretch your climbing legs!

Oh hey! You had the best idea of what you should have done for the second test! Those purple things burst into flame when you won, so you just had to make them go on fire! But you can still make it work!
Acquire adorable pet lizard.
Have adorable pet lizard blow a raspberry with all of its might.
Channel all of your available magic into the tip of its tongue.
What does every eight-legged girl need for a good time with some 90-proof coffee?
Spell elements:
 Substance: Take one part necrotic flames that grant form to an absence.
 Form: One part a raspberry blown. The release of that which is normally contained. A vaguely specified but strenuously evoked direction that is away from the subject.
 Action: Excessive energy seeking for a release.
 Result: Spectral flame-thrower!
Read the First Post!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 21, 2017, 10:01:21 am »

Have RAM's idea but don't actually do it.
Sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 21, 2017, 10:39:08 am »

So you are all cool with accidentally getting drunk and not being horrified at the results? Also note how well we handled recalling the ritual, we are getting some good catharsis here if we end up remembering any of it...
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 21, 2017, 05:32:59 pm »

Proposal

You take the cup of water and down it in one go. You don't feel much difference, but it's nice after the coffee dried you out a little bit. You look around the room a little, and your vision seems to swim a little. You feel pretty awesome, though, even though a bunch of birds are looking at you with suspicion. You get up properly, and try to walk a little distance. You're not sure what your plan was, but you fail half-way and your legs slip away. It doesn't hurt, though, you're numb to pain and very open to fun. Kasimor and the other wizard are still arguing about something, but it sounds boring, so you decide to not listen to it. You eventually think of trying out your climbing legs, mumbling something about how rude death is. You slap the thigh of one of the beakheads, making her jump and almost break her vow of silence. You giggle again, and start moving upwards for a small distance before realizing that you don't like heights when you're drunk as hell. You drop down with the grace of a cat, provided that cat has no legs. You still don't really care, though, and you find that the ground is pretty cool. You close your eyes, breathe out, and...

Level up!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When you wake, you feel a little cramped on your upper body and still a little buzzed. Still, you're considerably more sober than a little bit before. Kasimor and the old wizard are no longer in the room, but the Order is still here. From the look of things, they're cleaning up after themselves, which is considerably nicer than you expected. You manage to get yourself into a proper upright position, as you spent a considerable time sprawled on your back, sort of. Both of them, to be precise, and you legs were curled up like you see in some dead spiders. You get upright, and one of the beakheads walks towards you. He gestures for you to go up, and then goes back to mopping the floor. He seems disturbingly familiar with mopping up blood. Still, you've got no reason to not follow the man's directions. You go to the stairs and go up, keeping an arm against the stone so your little dizzy spells don't end bad. You're only a little more sober, ultimately. When you pass the alchemy lab, you see more members of the Order of the Blighted Beak are cleaning it for you. When they turn to you, they also point upwards. So you continue upwards. Eventually, the only place of interest left is Kasimor's office, where you can hear an argument.
...Just a girl! You can't expect her to do this for you!
You enter the office, silencing the conversation. The two men look at you, the old man looking agitated while Kasimor looks as calm and collected as he can muster.
Come in. We were just talking about you.
I'd say we were talking about anything but her.
Your objection has been noted, Richard, now sit back down. Now you, drider... I want you to be the one figuring out who that dwarf was, and what he was doing.
What!?
Yes. You heard right, Kasimor wishes for you to find the man, instead of a capable guardsman or something.
Look, it's clear that you can handle yourself, and you've got the biggest connection out of all of us with this Gestating God business. You'd have the best chance of finding something. The guards won't be able to find anything with the amount of magic that's afoot.
A connection to those horrors would mean that she should be kept away from all this! Goodness sake, Kasimor, She's just a girl not even out of her teens!
And our best bet for finding, and ending, this problem. You! Tell us what you think.

Agree to search for the dwarf
It's inevitable that this is going to be a problem again, so you'd better nip it in the bud.

Let someone else do it.
You can't afford getting yourself killed over this. There are far more qualified people available in the city.

Agree, but...
You can probably ask for some support over this, in the form of people or supplies.

Let me think about it.
You're going to put this at a "maybe".

Other

Stats will be added after the level-up
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:31:33 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 21, 2017, 05:44:11 pm »

I Vote we Grab up Death's embrace, This is a Once in the game chance we CANT Miss.
I'll leave the actual action to someone else however.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 21, 2017, 05:45:20 pm »

Think about it.

Also, Death's Embrace.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 216