Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185115 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2760 on: February 09, 2019, 05:52:54 am »

You know, I would be kind of eager to see what Super Science Spider-Drider Supreme might deduce about this whole situation. That, and she'd probably be one of the more well-armed women for actually saving her.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: February 09, 2019, 09:50:07 am »

I would like to bounce around inside the heads of any of our current companions, but come on, we're given a choice without any specified constraints on what we can choose. This is the time when we can get c̶͍̘̜̟̯̻͕r̡͏̘̖̹̙̮e̠̦͡a̛͓t̵̨̥̟͚̞̫͇͉͍ì̭̱̫̩̼̞̩ͅv̷̨͍̘̕e҉̷͙̠̦͟ͅ.

Jack.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: February 09, 2019, 12:31:13 pm »

Jack JACK JACK JACK FREE FROM YOUR CHAINS, FIGHT MANTOROK FROM WITHIN save your loved
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: February 09, 2019, 02:21:59 pm »

Briefly, we look inside the mind of Jack. At least, the parts that have even the slightest bit of autonomy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, that was awful. You're going to have to find something that has even an inkling of a chance to get anywhere. Congrats on wasting a turn!

Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: February 09, 2019, 02:44:55 pm »

oh fuck, why

can we go to the cat and change perspective later?

if don't we might just make the cat become the hero of shadow of the colossus and get destroyed by jack, and then we try someone else
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: February 09, 2019, 03:44:07 pm »

Why can't we be the part of Jack that's in control?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: February 09, 2019, 07:45:48 pm »

Why can't we be the part of Jack that's in control?

Because "in control" really only means that it is still aware enough to suffer in abstract agony. There is no control over the body. There are a couple of limits on who to control, you know. You can't control Mantorok, or any ancient for that matter. That extends to their minions, as they're really just extensions of their will.
You can pick whatever else you can think of, mind you.

This information was free of charge, no turn is spent. The countdown is unchanged.

Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: February 09, 2019, 08:01:37 pm »

Okay, why can't we control ancients?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: February 09, 2019, 08:26:53 pm »

Someone.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: February 09, 2019, 10:47:24 pm »

It might be too late if we control DEATH.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: February 09, 2019, 10:57:25 pm »

Death is friendly to us but probably don't care too much to interfere

people, can we just start thinking in a strategy? pros and cons?

yukinni might be able by some fuckery blend with the birdfolk while transformed, or just tease then enough to attack jack

sucy has inteligence, knowledge about explosives and a fault of moral qualms

francine has sucy skill and her spidery stuff and maybe her jumps can help to locate Sydney, but how will she KNOW that shit is happening? how will anybody of the above know where to look at?

The cat can bring the rest closer to syd, but will not be able to do real damage besides that, we should make people find sydney and suicide ourselves doing a claw n' teeth  attack on the head of  jack
Novice english wordsmith

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: February 09, 2019, 11:29:54 pm »

I can't think of a strategy because I have very little idea who the other people actually are.  Just pick one.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: February 10, 2019, 11:25:58 am »

*Raises hand*
Uh, GM? I'm new here, but I am a rules lawyer professional, and I gotta pipe up.
You mention we need to choose someone who will actually go somewhere, and that Corrupted Jack is not one of these. But what if I were to write a multi-paragraph, in character post from inside Jack's shattered mind, going through how it CAN go somewhere? I have fingers ready to cramp as I dive into madness and how to break free, but I need your confirmation that a good-quality essay on "How Jack breaks Mantorok's hold, at least for a bit" CAN get us into Jack's body. And maybe a PM from someone who knows who Jack is, background, relationships, all that.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: February 10, 2019, 11:51:37 am »

*Raises hand*
Uh, GM? I'm new here, but I am a rules lawyer professional, and I gotta pipe up.
You mention we need to choose someone who will actually go somewhere, and that Corrupted Jack is not one of these. But what if I were to write a multi-paragraph, in character post from inside Jack's shattered mind, going through how it CAN go somewhere? I have fingers ready to cramp as I dive into madness and how to break free, but I need your confirmation that a good-quality essay on "How Jack breaks Mantorok's hold, at least for a bit" CAN get us into Jack's body. And maybe a PM from someone who knows who Jack is, background, relationships, all that.

There's no rules on this (it's unprecedented) and I'll be honest, I'm intrigued. If you manage to impress me with what you write, you give people the ability to control Jack for a few updates. Of course, this can be a team effort, so if other want to add a little more information on who Jack is, go for it. All the knowledge you get is basically confined to the pages where she existed. (Up to and including the ritual, essentially) I'll even give you carte blanche on adding backstory. I gave her a backstory, but it wasn't really explored (if there were more actions against the ritual or Vvulf, there would have been more details. And an attempted murder, but that's beside the point). I'm not helping on the existing information, though, that's up to you and anybody willing to help.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:42:11 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: February 10, 2019, 03:59:39 pm »

Alrighty, people, let's get down to it, I need someone to gather everything Canon about Jack and PM it to me, or maybe everyone who wants to jump in. I need INGREDIENTS FOR THIS MADNESS STEW!. Someone mentioned something about "save your loved?" Perfect. Once I have the story, I'll need a few days to work - in the meantime, we need someone to go for more mundane controls, try to get at Sydney normally. Remember, though - Don't damage the merchandice!

EDIT: If we take a long time making this story, what's the timer on the death clock? Like, how long does it take in Real Time for you to get annoyed enough for a turn to click down.
Also, do we have a Discord? If not, someone get on that. It'll be a good place to gather information.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 04:20:56 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 216