Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65144 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Hey, What Does This Do?
« Reply #630 on: March 04, 2017, 09:45:47 pm »

Noir is gonna just sit there and try to relax and recover.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 05, 2017, 01:07:53 am »

Buff strength and try digging claws or driving tail into the floor to halt momentum.

If that fails, try using bug magic to web the ground or grow wall climbing hairs and stick to the floor.

(1)you buff strength and dig furrows into the metal as you slide over the edge into open space.
(2) you fire some webs at teh walls, but they don't even slow your fall. You hit with a wet thud, splashing some liquid high up on the walls. You wheeze, breath gone, and lay stunned. Some kind of moss immediately begins growing on every exposed surface of your body that you can see.

Shit... try to use Ironskin, once done continue trying to get a grip - preparing for an impact but not giving up just yet.
again, ironskin is on your airborne companion, so this would take a seriously luckyt roll. Lemme try. (3) you get a few words of the spell out just before he hits. You hit immediately after. Like him, you are winded and stunned. Like him, something begins growing on you immediately. It stings.

You two are in a sort metal walled bag. that is, the walls are smooth and round and the room seems teardrop shaped with only the one exit far above. The liquid where you are is a few inches deep, but you are off center of the room, and it could be deeper in the middle.

Neat! How big is the form compared to my Frost Giant and Giant Frost Cat forms?

I shift to star sprite and check for if Assin's Star sprite has become active yet, and how Cho/Ebony are doing and how Dar/Noir are doing, asking the sprite with them how they are.
if somebody is in trouble then I'll fly to their aid, naturally trying to not get myself into trouble doing so. no point in coming to rescue if you end up needed to be rescued yourself.
If Assin's star sprite isn't active and nothing is wrong, then I'll be returning to the wagon, making sure nothing happened to it while I was away, resting and rehydrating, then going to Noir and getting her some more water.

((I somehow don't expect the last part of my action to trigger.))
(4) this form is about 15 ft side to side and feels quite light. It doesn't feel particularly strong though.
Asiin's Sprite has not become active, but you can sense where it is. It's drifting away in the debris field. No, it seems to be being carried away in the debris field - away from the planetoid along it's backtrail. You can't sense your own Star Sprite at all. That should be pretty alarming. You know where she should be, but she is not there. The Sprite with Noir says she is just sitting there, being all horrible and gross. when pressed, she admits that she doesn't seem about to die any time soon. Dar went off on a hunting trip and hasn't returned.

So yeah, the last part of your action doesn't trigger, because of the absence of your star sprite and lack of contact with Ebony and Cho.

Yeah, Dar will release the strength buff he had going, and return to Noir.  If he reaches her this turn, then satisfied that the lichen at least probably isn't toxic, he'll gather up a bundle of the stuff and bring it to Noir.  While doing so, he'll examine it yet again with his druidic sense to see if it might have nutritional value.
You find the lichen field again, and discover a patch of particularly deep stuff, which fels rich and alive to you. Druiid senses are saying edible, and maybe even healthy, for a wonder. You ...tear off a couple of mouthfuls of the stuff, eat some and carry the rest to Noir, whom you spot by means of the Star Sprite who comes to tell you about speaking with Aylia.

Noir is gonna just sit there and try to relax and recover.
THe Star Sprite suddenly begins harrassing you for a few minutes, acting all annoyed that you aren't dead, or being helpful, or dead. She then flies off in a huff to find Dar, who returns shortly after. Dar drops what amounts to a palmful of red lichen at your feet. then sits nearby and cleans himself. You're getting thirsty again.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 05, 2017, 02:53:49 am »

((hmm, I still don't see how the star sprite would have been trapped by the metal stomach. she flies after all. Welp.))

I'll prioritize the missing sprite to check on. I'll go to where she should be, moving slow and checking for tracks or traps as I get near, and try to find out what happened to her without getting caught up in it myself.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 05, 2017, 06:53:41 pm »

((Are they like the faeries from our second mission, which could only hover a short distance from the ground, rather than actually fly?  I'd think not because I thought one had flown to a flying cart at some point, but if they were it would explain why this one can't escape from a room like the metal stomach.  Alternatively, stomach acid prolly isn't good for sprite wings.))

Dar'yajira bumps his head against Noir, and pushes the clump of moss closer to her with a paw.  "Halfdragon can consume this.  It is food, Dar'yajira is sure now.  Cat did attempt to find fresh-kill for Halfdragon, but prey here is armored, this is best this one can do for now.  It is sorry."

Dar's gonna stay with Noir for now, resting on top of her while he watches for danger during Aylia's absence.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 05, 2017, 07:03:27 pm »

((no, they not only can fly, they can escape the planet's gravity well. And remember the way the trap begain was a steep hallway, such a gravity trap wouldn't have the slightest effect on the spritr, it might not even notice it.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 07, 2017, 09:56:10 pm »

((hmm, I still don't see how the star sprite would have been trapped by the metal stomach. she flies after all. Welp.))

I'll prioritize the missing sprite to check on. I'll go to where she should be, moving slow and checking for tracks or traps as I get near, and try to find out what happened to her without getting caught up in it myself.
You arrive at where the sprite last was. the hallway is empty, and normal, except that it is sagging deeply, like it melted like wax and hardened again a bit lower down. You carefully float past the sag and see, up ahead, a flickering light. You hear some sounds, like voices, but they are behind a rough fabric curtain strung most of the way across the hall, just after the sagging part.

((Are they like the faeries from our second mission, which could only hover a short distance from the ground, rather than actually fly?  I'd think not because I thought one had flown to a flying cart at some point, but if they were it would explain why this one can't escape from a room like the metal stomach.  Alternatively, stomach acid prolly isn't good for sprite wings.))

Dar'yajira bumps his head against Noir, and pushes the clump of moss closer to her with a paw.  "Halfdragon can consume this.  It is food, Dar'yajira is sure now.  Cat did attempt to find fresh-kill for Halfdragon, but prey here is armored, this is best this one can do for now.  It is sorry."

Dar's gonna stay with Noir for now, resting on top of her while he watches for danger during Aylia's absence.
eyyyyyyyup. Chillin.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 08, 2017, 02:07:41 am »

Whatever happened, it was able to get my star sprite, which had more practice being one than I have, thats for certain. So whatever else happened, this is the wrong form to be in.
I shift to Giant Frost Cat and cautiously prowl forwards to the curtain on padded paws. Can I tell anything about the voices? especially with this form's ears and hearing capability?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:22:07 am by Lenglon »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 08, 2017, 03:00:09 pm »

Whatever happened, it was able to get my star sprite, which had more practice being one than I have, thats for certain. So whatever else happened, this is the wrong form to be in.
I shift to Giant Frost Cat and cautiously prowl forwards to the curtain on padded paws. Can I tell anything about the voices? especially with this form's ears and hearing capability?
The voices seem ... off. You strain to hear them and slowly creep forward. Suddenly, you find yourself with your nose against the very edge of the curtain. The voices are still muffled somehow, tinny, as if echoing down the hall. You feel a strong urge to sneak down the hall to find them. You also feel a strong reluctance to do so. Something's not right.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 08, 2017, 03:28:29 pm »

((darn it all, Lenglon kinda wants Aylia to fall for the trap so she will reach Cho and Ebony. But Aylia's reaction to this would be to get out of there, recognizing it as a compulsion and a trap.))
I back away from the curtain, moving back all the way to before the molten section, back where it seems normal. Then I stare at the curtain for a moment... and come to a decision
I still need to find Cho and Ebony, even if their sprite is dead.
I then brace myself, and ROAR at the curtain, ice magic loaded into the sound.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 08, 2017, 03:35:59 pm »

((darn it all, Lenglon kinda wants Aylia to fall for the trap so she will reach Cho and Ebony. But Aylia's reaction to this would be to get out of there, recognizing it as a compulsion and a trap.))
I back away from the curtain, moving back all the way to before the molten section, back where it seems normal. Then I stare at the curtain for a moment... and come to a decision
I still need to find Cho and Ebony, even if their sprite is dead.
I then brace myself, and ROAR at the curtain, ice magic loaded into the sound.
the curtain frosts, then curls in on itself. it's as if the entire hall curls in on itself, retracting away at a steady pace. In it's place is a normal hall - normal for this place: dusty, dark, metallic, with debris scattered about. The other 'hall' seems to be retracting along this hall for now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 08, 2017, 03:44:24 pm »

Keep after it, this thing ate my star sprite! Freezeit!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 08, 2017, 05:18:35 pm »

Keep after it, this thing ate my star sprite! Freezeit!
You follow it around a couple turns and down a flight of stairs until it retracts into a hole in the floor. The room you are in is more dilapidated than normal. Other 'hallways' extend out other holes in various directions. Looks like you have found the thing's lair. You breathe frost on the part you can see, and it ices up. You can't tell if hat is damaging it or not.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 08, 2017, 05:52:14 pm »

So the hallways are kinda like tentacles, and they all lead here. All it did was retract a chilled arm, and it was trying to lure me into its mouth. So if it got Ebony and Cho, they're down in the stomach below. I need to breach a hole in it. probably.
I look below, into the hole, ready to dodge or shift to a flying form if necessary. I don't go into it though, and if I have to step on the creature to look down, I chill and hopefully numb the area im going to step on first.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:24:45 pm by Lenglon »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 10, 2017, 10:30:25 am »

Spit a stream of silk through the hole in the ceiling and climb out, if that fails try driving my claws into the wall and climbing out manually.

If at any point the moss becomes too thick to ignore, or I've successfully exfiltrated the pit, use my touch of decay tattoo to kill the moss.

((It appears that twinwolf and I have once again fallen into the trap of waiting for the other to post first. We need to work on that.

Active spell effects are ironskin and strength buff.))
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 10:33:38 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 10, 2017, 09:19:47 pm »

((Yeahhhh, we really should work on that :P ))

First up: Try to Freeze the moss so I don't die or become a plant monster or something. +2 Magic don't fail me. Then, look around the area, see if there's anything of note or a way out that's less difficult. If the silk works, climb up as well (hopefully with Cho's aid)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:33:25 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49