Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65152 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Hey, What Does This Do?
« Reply #646 on: March 11, 2017, 01:40:05 am »

((you sure you dont wanna try freezing the moss or something? it appears to be hurting you more/faster than it is me.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 11, 2017, 09:32:27 am »

((...Didn't notice the moss thing. Editing))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 11, 2017, 02:14:09 pm »

So the hallways are kinda like tentacles, and they all lead here. All it did was retract a chilled arm, and it was trying to lure me into its mouth. So if it got Ebony and Cho, they're down in the stomach below. I need to breach a hole in it. probably.
I look below, into the hole, ready to dodge or shift to a flying form if necessary. I don't go into it though, and if I have to step on the creature to look down, I chill and hopefully numb the area im going to step on first.
You do have to step on the creature to descend. It takes up all of what you can see in the chamber below. You frost over the surface of the creature. Your Frost coats it's skin and runs up along the edges of the hole, seemingly binding the being in place, as it does not shatter the ice and tear away from the hole.

Spit a stream of silk through the hole in the ceiling and climb out, if that fails try driving my claws into the wall and climbing out manually.

If at any point the moss becomes too thick to ignore, or I've successfully exfiltrated the pit, use my touch of decay tattoo to kill the moss.

((It appears that twinwolf and I have once again fallen into the trap of waiting for the other to post first. We need to work on that.

Active spell effects are ironskin and strength buff.))
You get a thread of silk up into the tunnel above, but it doesn't feel particularly sturdy, so you go with your second option and sink your claws deep into the wall of the chamber and begin climbing, using the thread as a safety line as you ascend. The moss is growing on you some more, but has yet to impede your progress. You'll definitely have to do something about it soon. Anyway, you get up into the tunnel above and discover that it ends abruptly about ten feet up.

((Yeahhhh, we really should work on that :P ))

First up: Try to Freeze the moss so I don't die or become a plant monster or something. +2 Magic don't fail me. Then, look around the area, see if there's anything of note or a way out that's less difficult. If the silk works, climb up as well (hopefully with Cho's aid)
Hmm. You are trying to freeze moss that is currently growing on your person, so that adds a bit of challenge to the otherwise straightforward spell. You concentrate, think carefully about what is needed, and cast. A wave of cold emanates from inside of you, passing through your pores and coating your skin and radiating out from your feet into the liquid you are standing in. You end up looking like a particularly well carved snowchick, with a light dusting of snowflakes, standing in a swampy ice puddle. You definitely do not feel itchy anymore. Teh ice begins to melt, dripping slowly off your skin as you look around for another exit.  You wade forward, thinking you see another tunnel extending sideways from the far wall, and step into a hole in the floor, falling neck deep into the gross liquid that seems to be producing the moss stuff. "Hey Cho! I think I found the other end of the beast. Maybe, if we can't climb out it's mouth, we can go out the other end! Oh, gross ... ohgrossohgrosshogross."

*Obligatory waiting on others post*
A flock of some kind of flying creature settles a couple hundred yards from Noir to eat the lichen. They look very edible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 11, 2017, 04:03:28 pm »

The creature takes up all of the room below... what does it look like?

Edit:Come to think of it, do I see where the individual hallway I was following retracted into the creature?
edit2: after several re-reads, I realized I might have misinterpreted the turn. You referenced descending into the chamber below, though i was talking about looking into it. I am willing to step on the creature as long as its on frozen over areas. I will do so ((clarity edit3: and am descending)) to try to find out what it might have done to ebony and cho. If I see the contracted hallway they probably were tricked by, the one Ive followed this entire time, I will continue to chill it but stay out of line from it in case it rapidly extends. I am attempting to determine if the creature is truly weak to cold or not by doing so, and if it keeps retracting far enough it might expose my team for extraction.

same rule of freeze the creature anywhere im going to touch it applies.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:23:15 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 11, 2017, 08:06:41 pm »

Shoot another silk stream so ebony can climb up then use touch of decay to kill the moss growing on my body.

Once the moss is removed touch the wall and see what, if anything, happens..

((My +2 magic isn't what it used to be :( ))
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:11:38 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 11, 2017, 08:46:07 pm »

If they're within eyeshot of Noir, then they're certainly fine to hunt.  Dar'yajira will stealthily approach them, but won't attack quite yet--he want to observe and determine what sort of creatures they are first, whether they have armor, or sharp bits, etc.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 12, 2017, 04:51:32 am »

((MOTHERFUCKER NOTIFICATIONS YOU HAVE FAILED ME UTTERLY))
Noir would quietly try the lichen that dar had provided her if it seemer perfectly fine and dandy she would est it
Noir shakes and rubs their head quietly seemingly waking out of some kinda strange daze.
((Notifications haven't rang once ;-;))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 15, 2017, 10:52:14 am »

Well, trying to go through the monster's... other exit, seems like it'd just get us down some more of it's digestive system. An option but not one I'd like.

The moss - does it seem dangerous? Can I figure out what causes it to grow?

Check if the stream of silk is sturdy enough to hold my weight. If yes, up we go. If no, inform Cho and ask if he can try to make it sturdier.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 15, 2017, 02:47:18 pm »

The creature takes up all of the room below... what does it look like?

Edit:Come to think of it, do I see where the individual hallway I was following retracted into the creature?
edit2: after several re-reads, I realized I might have misinterpreted the turn. You referenced descending into the chamber below, though i was talking about looking into it. I am willing to step on the creature as long as its on frozen over areas. I will do so ((clarity edit3: and am descending)) to try to find out what it might have done to ebony and cho. If I see the contracted hallway they probably were tricked by, the one Ive followed this entire time, I will continue to chill it but stay out of line from it in case it rapidly extends. I am attempting to determine if the creature is truly weak to cold or not by doing so, and if it keeps retracting far enough it might expose my team for extraction.

same rule of freeze the creature anywhere im going to touch it applies.

You can only see the surface immediately below you. before you frosted it over, it looked like dull grey metal. You haven't got a sense of the shape of the thing, but it reminds you of an anemone or other filter feeder. You are standing above the hole into which your individual hallway retracted. There is no opening in the 'skin' of the beast there. Your previous action post had you chilling the creature if you needed to in order to descend. I only was clarifying that you would have to step on the creature, not that you did.

You leap down onto the creature. It feels harder than you expected - like an actual metal wall. And it is, of course, quite cold. You feel the frost under your feet crunch as you step.  the Creature seems unaffected bythe weight or the Frost overall, as it still moves and shifts under you. You search around, but find no entrance where the hallway once was. Nor do you find a way around the creature or further down - the creature seems to press up against the walls of its enclosure, at least, where you are. You are able to easily leap back out of the hole, should you choose to do so.

Oh, the hole you are in is about eight feet to a side, and is sloped rather than a straight drop. All exposed creature flesh is frosted as well as a bit of the walls. When the thing shifts, you can occasionally make out unfrosted bits of 'skin' as well, however. looks like your frost didn't spread much beyond the hole itself.

Shoot another silk stream so ebony can climb up then use touch of decay to kill the moss growing on my body.

Once the moss is removed touch the wall and see what, if anything, happens..

((My +2 magic isn't what it used to be :( ))
Your magic is fine, it's just not an automatic success. The +2 is why you were able to make the rope, get ist fastened properly ,and use it as a safety, as well as being able to climb the wall to begin with. Anyway, yu spin out another rope and leave both dangle for Ebony, then shed the remaining moss from yourself. Are you trying to use touch of decay on the wall, or just touching it in general?

If they're within eyeshot of Noir, then they're certainly fine to hunt.  Dar'yajira will stealthily approach them, but won't attack quite yet--he want to observe and determine what sort of creatures they are first, whether they have armor, or sharp bits, etc.
I rolled a "do these things have sharp bits" roll (1) yeah, they are like flying lizards with spiked ridges on their backs and sharp claws and teeth. Individually, they are smaller than Dar, like geckos and salamanders and such. If they swarmed, the could be trouble, but otherwise, Dar should have little trouble with a few of them.

((MOTHERFUCKER NOTIFICATIONS YOU HAVE FAILED ME UTTERLY))
Noir would quietly try the lichen that dar had provided her if it seemer perfectly fine and dandy she would est it
Noir shakes and rubs their head quietly seemingly waking out of some kinda strange daze.
((Notifications haven't rang once ;-;))
Noir sits and eats lichen for a bit. refreshing. it tastes terrible, but she is less hungry now.

Well, trying to go through the monster's... other exit, seems like it'd just get us down some more of it's digestive system. An option but not one I'd like.

The moss - does it seem dangerous? Can I figure out what causes it to grow?

Check if the stream of silk is sturdy enough to hold my weight. If yes, up we go. If no, inform Cho and ask if he can try to make it sturdier.

The moss seems dangerous. it's part of teh creature's digestive system, and is trying to eat you. (6) yo uluck out and aren't bleedingfrom the rash yet. So far, it is more an inconvenience than a health problem, but it has covered your entire lower half by now, most of your back, part of your arms and face as well. Cho's rope can hold you. Let's see how well you climb. Hmm, dex is 0, strength is -1. (1) you get about two feet off the floor, and fall right back into the puddle of ... stomach juice or something.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 15, 2017, 03:01:39 pm »

((Perhaps Cho could give Ebony some help? She's evidently not getting up on her own barring a 5 - and she doesn't likely have much time, being rather more susceptible to the moss than Cho apparently.))
Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 15, 2017, 03:27:16 pm »

yeah touch of decay on the wall, on the dead end section.

Get ebony to wrap the silk lines around herself then haul her up, make sure touch of decay is disabled and then let my strength buff expire once she's up.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 15, 2017, 03:38:52 pm »

Yes, do that.

((Any ideas for removing the moss? They're not technically a wound I don't think so Bind Wounds wouldn't help, Freeze evidently didn't, and I get the sense Touch of Decay would just kill Ebony...))
Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 15, 2017, 04:15:01 pm »

((I thought freeze worked, up until you fell in the moss juice again.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 15, 2017, 04:20:46 pm »

Oh! It's one of those mindless plant-animal hybrid things! Well, if I want in...
Shift to bluebell fairy and induce the creature to bloom. - unless I see something like say Cho decaying his way out of the creature. In that case I'll simply make happy giant cat noises at him and once he isnt dangerous to be near will help pull up Ebony. Possibly in Frost Giant form.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:36:39 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49