Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65155 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Hey, What Does This Do?
« Reply #615 on: February 24, 2017, 11:40:04 pm »

Now that is interesting,very interesting, but my goal for now is unchanged. I just need a safe spot to acquire the floaty from. I can look into this culster of life more later. I won't be suprised if the floaty is a large part of it.

In short: land, return to normal, acquire. I'll try to learn more about the other creatures here later.
you acquire. things more or less leave y ou alone, though one rather large slug crawls right across your lap, and settles in. it's mucus stings your skin.

Ah, now we're getting somewhere.  Dar starts sneaking up on his prey, as he casts a buff to enhance his jaws.  If successful, he'll head for one that's realtively isolated from the group, and once he's close enough, charge and leap up onto its back.  From there he'll bite into the back of the neck, attempting to crush the bone plating inward.
You leap onto the back of a relatively isolated one and bite into some super fucking thick bone plate. The beast panics and runs toward one of hte larger herds. The herd then starts running as well. soon, you are cowboying along in a rather unexpected stampede. It would be neat, if it weren't a little terrifying, as the bugthings climb straight up some obstacles, bore straight through others, change direction suddenly, hop like popcorn popping, and sometimes take you under 'ground' to run in the decaying darkness inside.

keep going in the direction we were being led.

Use ebonies best judgement at intersections.

Yeah, don't really have a choice besides that, do we? Keep an eye out for the sprite, too.
There's always a choice. The hallway gets brighter a bit as you go. The light is a sort of bright, pastel, yellow tinged with a sort of pea soup green. The tunnel gets narrower and shorter, ceiling coming down to within arms reach. No sign of the Sprite. No intersections. No turns.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 25, 2017, 03:27:57 am »

That slug being on me could be really bad if I have to make an emergency shift to star sprite. And I will be going star sprite when I go back anyway, so it really cant stay. If I still have a ways to go to finish acquisition, I gently but firmly remove the slug and then continue the acquisition process. If I think I have the form down, then I, again, remove the slug, and then shift to star sprite, fly to a removed orbital position, near the equatorial belt, and then shift to floaty, trying out the form.
Come to think of it, while I'm in star sprite form I might as well use star sprite bonds and senses to check on how my teammates are doing, and see if Assin's star sprite is active so I can find the last group of teammates who haven't checked in yet.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:32:30 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 25, 2017, 03:40:42 am »

keep heading forward
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 25, 2017, 04:37:48 pm »

That sounds like a lot of time passed.  Dar really wouldn't stay on such a creature for so long, especially if it had strange forms of movement like tunnelling.  If he did hop off early, his action is to watch the herd and follow it carefully if it's fleeing (or run to cover if it's moving in his direction for some strange reason.).  If he didn't hop off early,  he'll do so now and start trying to find his way back to Noir and Aylia.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 25, 2017, 04:41:35 pm »

Forward I guess - and be vigilant. It's possible there was a trap that got the thing.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 27, 2017, 12:07:25 pm »

That slug being on me could be really bad if I have to make an emergency shift to star sprite. And I will be going star sprite when I go back anyway, so it really cant stay. If I still have a ways to go to finish acquisition, I gently but firmly remove the slug and then continue the acquisition process. If I think I have the form down, then I, again, remove the slug, and then shift to star sprite, fly to a removed orbital position, near the equatorial belt, and then shift to floaty, trying out the form.
Come to think of it, while I'm in star sprite form I might as well use star sprite bonds and senses to check on how my teammates are doing, and see if Assin's star sprite is active so I can find the last group of teammates who haven't checked in yet.
That slug being on you could be bad for more than your concentration. You attempt to get up and push it off, but it clings to you. It's sticky, and your legs are starting to burn.

keep heading forward
Forward I guess - and be vigilant. It's possible there was a trap that got the thing.
it's possible there was a trap that caught you as well. The two of you move forward. The hallway narrows, gets shorter, and gradually slopes down. just as you are about to turn back, the hallway suddenly tilts forward, and you start sliding.

That sounds like a lot of time passed.  Dar really wouldn't stay on such a creature for so long, especially if it had strange forms of movement like tunnelling.  If he did hop off early, his action is to watch the herd and follow it carefully if it's fleeing (or run to cover if it's moving in his direction for some strange reason.).  If he didn't hop off early,  he'll do so now and start trying to find his way back to Noir and Aylia.
Not a lot of time passed. they move quickly, there were a lot of them, and when they hopped or dug, you were mostly ducking and clinging to keep from being flung off and trampled. You time your jump for when the beetle is climbing an obstacle, and leap to the nearest high, flat surface you can find. The herd rushes along below and away. You turn to their back trail and begin hiking. Shouldn't be too far. Depending on the action in the other characters' situations, it might be a couple turns to return to Noir.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 27, 2017, 12:23:56 pm »

That obnoxious thing. Welp, F this. Shift to Frost Giant and freeze, crush, and hurl away the thing, again, freezing and brushing off the remains. I don't want even its powder on me. And I make damn sure none of it gets in my mouth. Also, will be auto-avoiding them in the future.
((I'm hoping freezing the slug slime will make it stop reacting with my skin))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:27:40 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 28, 2017, 11:50:56 pm »

I suppose Dar will just follow after the herd, looking out for any stragglers.  If he finds some other form of creature, that's an acceptable target as well.  Anything which isn't solid metal or lichen is good, really.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 01, 2017, 12:16:59 am »

halt the sliding.

maybe go full ironskin and try wedging myself in place?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 01, 2017, 07:26:58 am »

Try to do the same; Soften Earth and Stone from the paper to help the both of us get a solid grip. Also, not part of action: curse self out for forgetting to use the trap detection.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 02, 2017, 02:39:00 pm »

That obnoxious thing. Welp, F this. Shift to Frost Giant and freeze, crush, and hurl away the thing, again, freezing and brushing off the remains. I don't want even its powder on me. And I make damn sure none of it gets in my mouth. Also, will be auto-avoiding them in the future.
((I'm hoping freezing the slug slime will make it stop reacting with my skin))
You freeze the slug and break it apart, tossing the chunks across the surface of the Sky Blob. You shoo off more curious (and hungry) wildlife as well. they seem content for now to feast on the remains of the slug. Auto avoid is reasonable for short visits, but this beast has something of an ecosystem on it, and some of the predatorial species tend to be aggressive, or mindless enough to seek warm bodies without fear, so longer term trips like this one require some SOPs. You settle in again and eventually acquire a form similar to this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Only, bigger, and more like a balloon than a slimy sea creature.

I suppose Dar will just follow after the herd, looking out for any stragglers.  If he finds some other form of creature, that's an acceptable target as well.  Anything which isn't solid metal or lichen is good, really.
No luck this round. the herd is alerted and tends to both stay clumped together, and to stay more or less out of immediate reach. Are you going to keep following them or return to Noir?

halt the sliding.

maybe go full ironskin and try wedging myself in place?

You Go ironskin and attempt to wedge yourself. the walls kind of flex around you, shifting away from pressure points, and you continue to slide slowly downward.

Try to do the same; Soften Earth and Stone from the paper to help the both of us get a solid grip. Also, not part of action: curse self out for forgetting to use the trap detection.
You cast that spell right off Cho's back last time. Never got the chance to draw it out. But you can at least cast it off him again. You attempt this, but he keeps shifting, attempting to get a good grip on the walls, and you are unable to get the spell off properly.

Below you two, you spot the end of the tunnel a couple hundred yards down. Looks like it is opening into a slightly illuminated cavern of some kind. Seems a bit warm, too.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 02, 2017, 03:14:25 pm »

Buff strength and try digging claws or driving tail into the floor to halt momentum.

If that fails, try using bug magic to web the ground or grow wall climbing hairs and stick to the floor.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 02, 2017, 03:17:23 pm »

Neat! How big is the form compared to my Frost Giant and Giant Frost Cat forms?

I shift to star sprite and check for if Assin's Star sprite has become active yet, and how Cho/Ebony are doing and how Dar/Noir are doing, asking the sprite with them how they are.
if somebody is in trouble then I'll fly to their aid, naturally trying to not get myself into trouble doing so. no point in coming to rescue if you end up needed to be rescued yourself.
If Assin's star sprite isn't active and nothing is wrong, then I'll be returning to the wagon, making sure nothing happened to it while I was away, resting and rehydrating, then going to Noir and getting her some more water.

((I somehow don't expect the last part of my action to trigger.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 02, 2017, 06:15:52 pm »

Yeah, Dar will release the strength buff he had going, and return to Noir.  If he reaches her this turn, then satisfied that the lichen at least probably isn't toxic, he'll gather up a bundle of the stuff and bring it to Noir.  While doing so, he'll examine it yet again with his druidic sense to see if it might have nutritional value.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 02, 2017, 10:54:19 pm »

Shit... try to use Ironskin, once done continue trying to get a grip - preparing for an impact but not giving up just yet.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49