Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64987 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #345 on: January 08, 2017, 06:36:35 pm »

Noirs eyes widen and she turns towards Aylia and she gives a panicked sound noticing the arrow and Jack's bow.
"J-Jack what the hell!?"
Go to Aylia check out how bad her wound is carefully look at the arrow and figure out how deep in it is.
You are in the other room. You weren't present for these events.You can't tell how far throug hit goes. He r paw is firmly planted on the zombie's armor shell.

Reminder to GM that Aylia is wearing her barding (armor), did the arrow strike an unprotected spot or pierce straight through it?
Barding generally doesn't cover paws/hooves. The arrow pierced at an angle through the meaty part of the paw.

"I didn't fucking mean to! I didn't fucking mean to!Still a bit off on my aim from where I died!"
Go help get my rope back
You get out of dodge. a good thing, too, because if you stayed, I'd have had to roll a will roll for Aylia not to lash out at you. The zombie is still uttering curses in your direction as you move out of earshot. So, you arrive at the group all standing around the edge of the wrecked room.

I glare at jack, and am still growling, but don't move, keeping the zombipode pinned under my bleeding paw.
Sparkly lights and a weird sound assail you for a moment, but you brush them aside and keep the zombie pinned. In absence of Asiin and Jack, it continues to express a strong, though not violent, dislike for Noir, and for being pinned. "You can let me up now. this is terribly uncomfortable. besides what did I do to deserve this? Nothing, I tell you. Not like i shot anyone in the paw or anything. Nope. All I did was express a natural dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs, me being dead and all. because that lumpy fellow let me die like that. I'm the victim here, after all. let me up!"

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

Dar'yajira immediately charges between Aylia and Jack, a spitting and hissing ball of rage.  It's obvious he's only barely stopping himself from outright attacking Jack, but he does growl out "Twoleg stay away!  It does no more harm, or it loses throat!"

Welp, Dar's pissed.  If Jack advances on Aylia at all, that's gonna be interpreted as harm in his mind, and then he loses his throat.  Same if he nocks another arrow or something.
He backs away and heads off toward the other group. Terrance calls out a few parting insults, then returns to demanding to be released. the tension in the room has dropped considerably, with all the active threats gone. You glance at the terrapode, contemplating whether to consider it a threat or not.

((Last turn I said this"Go on risk it girl. Nothing can go wrong. Don't ya worry." I was "encouraging Noir to get the rope not to look for the space jellyfish but I realise I wasn't specific enough.))
"I don't think anyone is listening due to tha arrow situation but tha space fish is nowhere to be seen at first sight. There is something strange though..."
Did I notice when I was here, that it gradually got darker or lighter outside while we were running away from various very creative situations or did it stay the same? Bassically is something weird going on. Is the day/night cycle here shorter? Did I notice last time, time was passing faster? or did some weird time travelling thing happen or did nothing weird happen and am I analyzing one part of your post far too much.
"What time is it, you guys? What day is it? How long have we ben here, even?" Lst time you were here, you noticed: the carts falling and rolling toward space, people trying top climb on things that didn't want to be climbed on, and that's about it, since you then left with Cho to explore the darkness inside. You are pretty sure that when you last passed through this room, it had a floor. and that room below, where this room now lies, didn't have all that glowy shit in the far corner.

Team Green

Jack's rope is help up by a hook, right? I'm trying to toss my rope into the hook so I can pull both back to me.
You toss the hook end of your rope toward the other rope, but it falls short. You haul it back. It catches on some debris down below. First couple of times, you manage to unhook it, but the third time, it sticks.

((Hey! That's my job! Oh. You're pinned to the murdersquid.))

Our Lady is nearly as powerful as a god, but works differently due to being technically just a human. My organization doesn't specifically worship any gods, but isn't opposed to deities with similar spheres. The energies involved are essentially generic Holy stuff.

What being mortal with equivalent power to a god means in this context is firstly inevitability of death, secondly possibility of acting outside your spheres, and thirdly the possibility of losing divine power. If the gods in this universe actually already meet those criteria, then welp, we'll just define Our Lady as a god who ascended from being a human.

I don't know about the elven overlord of Terrance's homeland, but nope, not that. Our Lady is human, not elf.

I ment Asiin's homeland. he was fro man elven sanctuary, correct? is Our Lady the head of the order Asiin follows? "Power equivalent to a god" gives me a lot of wiggle room. Heh heh heh. But no, we won't classify her as a god, nor would she, probably. Seems like the kind of organization that attracts the less egocentric types overall.

There is no Generic Holy Stuff. as I said in the mission where they were assaulting a temple, holy is in relation to a god. Or to a sufficiently powerful counterpart, like Nature, or The Empire, or The Queen. SO I ask, is undeath a particular "evil" for Asiin's Order? Or are they treated as beings of equal value with other types of creatures? What about constructs? Fey?

cho ja

walk over to jack and pull him over to the guy with the rope, have jack fire an arrow tied to the rope at the rafters, then have noir climb it and retrieve the other rope.
Suffer no refusal on this plan.

Alright, you grab the guy, point to his bow, point to Samuel, who is currently tugging on his rope, which has become lodged in the debris below, and then point at Jack's rope, still suspended from the ceiling most of the way across the room. Then you grab Noir and point her at the rafter. Let's see if the three of them are coordinated enough to follow along. Noir is in the other room.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:46:22 pm by Ozarck »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 08, 2017, 06:40:12 pm »

(((excuse me what Ozark....That makes no sense the first thing i did was hug jack and I've been basically with him the entire time don't understand how I could be in a separate room.))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:42:25 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 08, 2017, 06:45:01 pm »

You asked how hard it would be to get to the rope and back. I assumed you went to look. Otherwise that would be ooc knowledge. whatever, I'll edit the post. You have no idea what's going on in the other room then, including all the rope discussion. Quit bilocating, or I will autoplace you as I please. It makes it hard to track players when they ask about things in six different locations at the same time.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 08, 2017, 06:48:13 pm »

((Oh I assumed i woulda been able to see it from here It seemed like everyone was in the same room anyway.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 08, 2017, 07:24:41 pm »

Help Zormod get my rope back, stay away from the hole though, fuck that, not going to die again Try and go do what they we're doing with the rope  last turn
Arows: 19/20
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:39:59 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 08, 2017, 07:55:58 pm »

"I need this arrow out Dar! It goes all the way through my paw and into the zombipode's armor! It moving will twist the arrow and hurt me more! Get me someone with hands to snap the arrow near the top of my paw and the pull the part with head clean through! And tell the zombie that it moving will hurt me so it needs to hold still!"
I am in pain but I know what I'm doing. I keep the pressure on the zombie so it can't wiggle the armor the arrow is lodged in, and hold as still as I can so I can be helped.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 08, 2017, 08:02:52 pm »

Ahem. If there is no Generic Holy Force. Then I might be forced to ask what Noir's magic is based on.

Holy power: Dear old mom appears to have rubbed off on her daughter a little as Noir possess's  her holy power granting her the abilty to heal her allies both close ranged by touching them and long range by throwing a sphere of energy that will heal them.
BTW, that's from your OP because for some reason Noir is not added to the character sheet thread yet.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 08, 2017, 08:36:43 pm »

Ebony, being present, will go and help Aylia. Follow the instructions they said above, assuming they allow it, since presumably Bind Wounds would just lodge the arrow in there.

((Note: Ebony has 0 Medicine, so if there's somebody with hands and higher medicine to do it, maybe they should instead. Ebony does have 2 magic though, so once the arrow is out she could patch Aylia with bind wounds relatively easily.))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:38:56 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 08, 2017, 11:37:47 pm »

Team green
Retrieve my rope and hand it to Jack.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 08, 2017, 11:57:36 pm »

Cho Ja

"come fetch rope. no fall, only fetch.

Look disdainfully at the stuck rope, then go fetch noir while jack and samuel recover the rope needed for the recovery of the rope i actually want recovered.

and if ooc is true, yank the arrow out of aylias paw while im there.

Then if  the stuck rope has been recovered at this point, Resume previous plan.

((i have +1 med, if my correlating stat isnt in the negatives id be happy to help.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 09, 2017, 12:09:46 am »

"Alright, tell them I'm sorry for the fuck up...just death is a bit...it really tires and disorients you and it's taking me some time to recover."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 09, 2017, 06:26:53 am »

((Ozarck, Samuel which is my character isn't tugging at his rope. Zormod's character is. Also I meant that maybe time is different inside the room than outside but there's no way ofknowing form me.))

I go over to the other room (where the rope shenanigans are going on), I don't say anything and just watch. I don't want to get involved and possibly die.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 09, 2017, 02:26:34 pm »

Look at the bottom of the post for a situation report, after the actions of this turn. Just me, trying to tack everyone.

Help Zormod get my rope back, stay away from the hole though, fuck that, not going to die again Try and go do what they we're doing with the rope  last turn
Arows: 19/20

Team green
Retrieve my rope and hand it to Jack.
The two of you tug on the rope and drag a large chunk of debris up to the ledge.

((Ozarck, Samuel which is my character isn't tugging at his rope. Zormod's character is. Also I meant that maybe time is different inside the room than outside but there's no way ofknowing form me.))

I go over to the other room (where the rope shenanigans are going on), I don't say anything and just watch. I don't want to get involved and possibly die.

((Samuel, Solam ... You guys aren't the same character? Kidding. my bad))
You watch the zombie and the dead guy pull some trash up from the pile down below, for some reason.

"I need this arrow out Dar! It goes all the way through my paw and into the zombipode's armor! It moving will twist the arrow and hurt me more! Get me someone with hands to snap the arrow near the top of my paw and the pull the part with head clean through! And tell the zombie that it moving will hurt me so it needs to hold still!"
I am in pain but I know what I'm doing. I keep the pressure on the zombie so it can't wiggle the armor the arrow is lodged in, and hold as still as I can so I can be helped.
Ebony, being present, will go and help Aylia. Follow the instructions they said above, assuming they allow it, since presumably Bind Wounds would just lodge the arrow in there.

((Note: Ebony has 0 Medicine, so if there's somebody with hands and higher medicine to do it, maybe they should instead. Ebony does have 2 magic though, so once the arrow is out she could patch Aylia with bind wounds relatively easily.))
I'll just assume Dar translates from growl to girl here. You go over and snap the arrow off as close to the paw as you can. Now, since Aylia's action is stated to be "keep pressure on the zombie" You can't pull the rest through. Giant Frostcat form is much stronger than elven magegirl.

Cho Ja

"come fetch rope. no fall, only fetch.

Look disdainfully at the stuck rope, then go fetch noir while jack and samuel recover the rope needed for the recovery of the rope i actually want recovered.

and if ooc is true, yank the arrow out of aylias paw while im there.

Then if  the stuck rope has been recovered at this point, Resume previous plan.

((i have +1 med, if my correlating stat isnt in the negatives id be happy to help.))
You shamble into the room, see Ebony struggling with the arrow, and yank Aylia's paw right off the zombiepode. The arrow comes free, and the 'pode instantly scuttles off into the darkness. You grunt noncommitally, and grab Noir by the upper arm and drag her ropeward. When you get back, two of the people around the hole have hauled a large chunk of debris up to the ledge and are wrestling it over the lip. You add your strength to their efforts and get the trash firmly onto the floor.

Ahem. If there is no Generic Holy Force. Then I might be forced to ask what Noir's magic is based on.

Holy power: Dear old mom appears to have rubbed off on her daughter a little as Noir possess's  her holy power granting her the abilty to heal her allies both close ranged by touching them and long range by throwing a sphere of energy that will heal them.
BTW, that's from your OP because for some reason Noir is not added to the character sheet thread yet.
Noir's 'Holy' power is a healing power, specific to her mother's religion. Her mother is a very powerful cleric, and Noir inherited healing from her. a part of the reason Noir's power isn't stable is because of Noir's own attitude toward said religion. Now, you could argue that Noir's dark magic is also Holy, in that regard, because it is her Father's power - it is holy to him and his purposes. This is why Noir's use of that power is also unstable - because of her attitude toward the things her father desires. Heck, Noir has even undergone some small amount of training in her healing power from said religion, at the end of the last mission she was on, and some of this was explained directly to her. that was done in PMs, though, mainly so that the rest of that mission cold move on without a long aside for a single character.

Situation:
there are three rooms of interest here: the rack room that collapsed, the Machine room, and the Giant Amphitheater.
The rack room has a bit of floor left attached to the machine room. that's where the bulk of yu are gathered. Don't worry, it's big enoug hfor the five or six of you to stand on together without crowding.
The Machine Room is enormous, dark, and full of machinery, which obstructs vision from one side to the other. As does the lingering dust from the collapse, though not nearly as much as it did immediately after the event.
The Amphitheater is on the 'inward' side of the Machine room, and stretches side to side as far as you can see, curving inward slowly. this is as far as you guys have explored so far.

Aylia, Ebony, and Dar are in the Machine room near the doorway to the Giant Amphitheater. Aylia's paw is free from the arrow, and the zombpode has scuttled off into the darkness as soon as he was able to move.

Cho-Ja, Jack, Samuel, Solam, Noir, and Asiin are all on the ledge in the rack room. Noir, Asiin, and samuel are standing around watching, while Solam, Jack, and Cho-Ja work to retrieve one rope so they can retrieve the other. All you gotta do with the first rope is to unhook it from the debris, which has been hauled onto the ledge.

Oh, by the way, how do you expect to fire an arrow, attached to that rope, and get it across a warehouse sized room? that's a climbing rope, not just some string. it has weight and drag, and a grappling hook. Because people always want a grappling hook.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 09, 2017, 03:16:55 pm »

Help get the Rope off the debris
((oh didn't Jack get that magic leg to replace the leg that got injured when the one bot exploded?))

"Can we just try to move on? Perhaps have Noir fly up and attach the rope to the cart and once both are secured we can finally get out of this hell hole?"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:23:51 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 09, 2017, 06:52:03 pm »

"Okay, now just ask someone to help get my armor and bags off."
Assuming I can get assistance removing my armor and bags, I'll be shifting to my normal form, where I can speak and my injury is only minor.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49