Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64800 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2016, 01:04:45 am »

Team Red
Throw rope and grappeling hook at something to grab onto if the floor starts to fall, grab Noir and move north east of the room I am in-not to the monster room
Once out of the way of the crystals and shit then see how the floor is doing

if we don't manage to get away before the floor falls through, try to protect Noir and avoid getting killed my self. But protect Noir more

"Guys help me with the grappeling hook, we best get a fucking move on, damn the cart!"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:23:46 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2016, 01:09:19 am »

Aylia, Mission Lead, accompanying team Adorable

Up the stairs I go, the south ones, lets check on floor three.

Grr. Impatience. Arr.

((We started this mission more than three weeks ago, and we've done nothing but look at a few rooms around our starting one, and...? Looking at a big blue thing? Tearing apart anything useful? I'm tired of that, I'm not in this to spend tens of days accomplishing nothing, get on with it.))
((You can't really ask for a time acceleration while in danger of losing important equipment. Like the wagon. which you have not even established the capabilities of, and which I suspect is capable of flight. Maybe you could task someone on that? someone that does not have Gen Knowl -2? The GM has been nice and has dropped hints that it's important and that you need to investigate the thing and move it from it's current location over and over again. You also can't really complain about wasted time when you haven't done anything ever since mission start Next-day-edit, I remembered what you've been doing and that you really haven't been idle.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 11:20:37 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2016, 01:48:21 am »

Yarrick Team green

Grab a bag of food and throw my grappling hook at something not likely to fall. Then get out of the crystal room preferably not going back to the monster room
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2016, 06:00:39 pm »

Team Green
Tie myself to something sturdy and try to get the other cart moving.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2016, 07:05:35 pm »

((Making sure Egan saw my OOC to him in my last post, since it was edited in instead of making a separate post for it))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2016, 08:25:18 pm »

Team Red- Terrance the Terrapode

Time to woop-woop the fuck outta here.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2016, 09:52:30 pm »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

Dar'yajira will try and find a way up to the second floor area, enhancing his back legs for a stronger jump.  If his metal body simply makes him too heavy, he'll search for an alternate exit around the bottom floor, and if such a thing he'll just hide in a corner while stuff collapses in the prior room.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2016, 12:50:47 am »

TEAM: crystal cancer
Trier

Damn, traitors, now they are even attacking the loyaliststs. When will this mutiny end.
Help pull the cart out of danger.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:55:02 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2016, 01:51:43 am »

Team Cho
(Woops, I screwed up.)
I stand up and run towards where I came from while apologising.
"Excuse me, sorry for disturbing ya, just leaving again."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2016, 02:09:10 am »

cho ja, team cho

scoop up the torch and follow the metalpedes into the next room, try to see where they go from there.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2016, 03:20:18 pm »

Team Oh Fuck

So, the room with the Crystal forest, the cart, and about half the team collapses. Metal groans and squeals, racks clang and topple, spilling their loads, the cart is crushed, and everyone screams and panics as they fall into the room below. Thirty feet below.

TEAM: crystal cancer
Trier

Damn, traitors, now they are even attacking the loyaliststs. When will this mutiny end.
Help pull the cart out of danger.
Trier dies from the fall, shattered by the impact.

Yarrick Team green

Grab a bag of food and throw my grappling hook at something not likely to fall. Then get out of the crystal room preferably not going back to the monster room
The only thing not likely to fall is the ceiling. Let's see if you get lucky. Hell no. Let's see if you survive the fall. Hell no. Yarrick is crushed under piles of debris.

Team Red
Throw rope and grappeling hook at something to grab onto if the floor starts to fall, grab Noir and move north east of the room I am in-not to the monster room
Once out of the way of the crystals and shit then see how the floor is doing

if we don't manage to get away before the floor falls through, try to protect Noir and avoid getting killed my self. But protect Noir more

"Guys help me with the grappeling hook, we best get a fucking move on, damn the cart!"
Throwing for the ceiling - you actually wrap your grappling hook around a rafter beam. Unfortunatly, you lose grip on teh rope as shit starts falling on you, and are killed in the fall.

Team Green
Tie myself to something sturdy and try to get the other cart moving.
you grab hold of the rope that Jack hooked around the ceiling beam, as everyone and everything in the room falls into the room below, leaving you dangling there.
A Star Sprite zips over and yells at you to regroup with Asiin, before darting away again in a hurry.

Uh help My damn lover push the cart if that doesn't work out presumably run with him.
Gonna take the "run" part of this action for this turn, since it's a conditional that triggers. besides, why the fuck wouldn't you?
Noir gets airborn, her wings saving her life, and she manages to dodge whats falling. She's in the air, but she needs to land somewhere, quickly.

Team Red- Terrance the Terrapode

Time to woop-woop the fuck outta here.

The room to the east is collapsing, long with the wall, and it is starting to take the floor from under map cyour feet, so you woop woop south, making it into the junk filled room with the broken ceiling without harm. Let's see - do you get farther than that? Nope. Well, shit, you ain't out of danger yet.

The whole back section of this part of the map collapses at this point - starting room with ruined cart, room to the north, and the room you are in. tehy collapse from above downward, due to that Giant Floaty Thing crushing them.

Terrance gets super lucky and manages to dart into the room to the east (south of the collapsed crystal forest room) and clings to a support pillar, miraculously unharmed. Now, this room has become rather unstable itself, mind you, so don't dawdle here either.

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

Dar'yajira will try and find a way up to the second floor area, enhancing his back legs for a stronger jump.  If his metal body simply makes him too heavy, he'll search for an alternate exit around the bottom floor, and if such a thing he'll just hide in a corner while stuff collapses in the prior room.
Gotta put you in Team Oh Fuck this turn, because the whole back of the map is collapsing. You know, that "run that way or you will be killed" part. So, I rolled to see if you reacted in time to GTFO. You did not. Now I gotta roll to see if you survive.

As Dar considers leaping up to the next level, the next level comes leaping down at him. Ears back, eyes slitted, he buffs himself into ma metal hard ball of pure cat instinct, leaps, climbs, twists, and falls. Metal cat takes quite a beating as he is buffeted by a mountain of debris but somehow he survives, finding himself clinging to a shard of a ledge overhanging nothingness. Lots of nothingness. A quick, automatic glance down shows stuff falling ina weird, almost slow motion way. Some kind of scavengers are slowly circling in toward the cloud of rubble. Dar can feel the weight of the Giant Floaty Thingum at his back as it continues eating the world, uncaring, oblivious to the small creatures it has disturbed. A Star Sprite flits down, yells at You to regroup with Asiin, and darts off again.

Team Machinery Room and Metalpedes
team fucking adorable

Ugh. Too much metal, and incomprehensible geometries, and teammates. And not enough murder, or interesting anything. Tell the starsprite to tell everyone adorable to get over here right now and to stick together, and that's an order. If the starsprite decides to misinterpret my directions in some amusingly whimsical way, I will not be amused. Or whimsical, for that matter.
Once I've gotten everyone where I can see them and they're not making any trouble, get the hells on with finding whatever stupid thing we here to get, presumably by just going farther inside this fucking confusing place and not making funny little scouting parties to waste weeks worth of time on finding NOTHING.

((We started this mission more than three weeks ago, and we've done nothing but look at a few rooms around our starting one, and...? Looking at a big blue thing? Tearing apart anything useful? I'm tired of that, I'm not in this to spend tens of days accomplishing nothing, get on with it.))

What's this about whimsical misinterpretation? That misinterpretation was legitimate, yo. Cho was quite vague. Besides, it worked out in the end. Anyway, The Sprites are generally reliable and they don't misinterpret you this time. Of course, just as you finish relaying instructions adn the Sprite darts off, the world collapses. well, not where you are, though you certainly feel the effects. And some shit falls off of stuff in here too, almost as an afterthought. And then the world shudders again, even louder and more rumbly. Dust billows through the entrance from back there, clouding your vision and causing you to cough noisily.

Team Cho
(Woops, I screwed up.)
I stand up and run towards where I came from while apologising.
"Excuse me, sorry for disturbing ya, just leaving again."

You apologize to their backs as they head east and north, and are left standing, wringing your hands in anxiety and ducking as the world collapses. Bits of ductwork fall in the room you are in, and the sound of other things breaking sounds dangerously close.

cho ja, team cho

scoop up the torch and follow the metalpedes into the next room, try to see where they go from there.

You enter a vast, curved ampitheater. rows upon rows of galleries line this room. The level you are on is a balcony. You can't see the bottom of the room, as The far side overhangs/ Think of it like a sphere inside a sphere, only you can only see a small portion of the curve of each. Anyway, the Metalpedes continue north and up a flight of stairs to the next balcony up. They move pretty quickly, but don't seem to be in a hurry. One turns and, seeing you behind them, stops for a moment, bending low and waving a few of it's smaller appendages. You have no idea what that signifies.

Team Lead
Aylia, Mission Lead, accompanying team Adorable

Up the stairs I go, the south ones, lets check on floor three.
-snip-
You exit the stairs into what looks like it used to be a similar room to the ones below. The top of it is exposed to space. You are one room back from where that happens below, so the whole back room here is missing, and part of this one. Walls stick up, only to be cut off in a jagged line. there is no ceiling. the bulk of teh Giant Floaty Thing seems a little further away here, and it extends up still further before curving off several stories up. you catch sight of enormous spiked tentacles. Behind you, the building or whatever continues upward, and to either side. The outer wall looks pocked, dented, wrinkled, and cracked. To the south, and about two stories up, something moves. You catch a glimpse of wide grey wings before the world shakes again and you crouch low to maintain balance. Asiin's Star Sprite flits up, requests your presence where Asiin is, and darts off.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:22:06 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2016, 04:17:35 pm »

Aylia, Mission Lead, Team Damage Control

I need to re-orient.
below me there is mostly floor, stairs going down at two locations? both visible?
to the north there is a wall of building, no doors visible.
to the east, there is a wall of building, no doors visible.
to the south, there is a wall of building, no doors visible.
to the west, there is the top of a giant creature, similar to a giant jellyfish, the curve of its "head?" extends up several stories. a giant spiked tentacle is visible poking up from below my field of view. the tentacle isn't active at this time.
directly above me, there is open sky. it is light (daytime). There is a winged creature reacting to my arrival and possibly preparing to attack, is is grey, but I don't have a good view at this time.

OOC knowledge: status of team: over 50% casualties in a single turn, both wagons destroyed. entire lower level is systematically collapsing.

I go down the stairs to the floor everyone else is (was) on, and look for Asiin. Upon realizing what has happened and is continuing to happen, My action changes. I grab whoever seems to be having trouble getting out of here that I can reach in my current form, and put them on my saddle, and then bolt right back up the stairs. We cannot afford to hang around down here.

note: Jack had a star sprite.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:41:41 pm by Lenglon »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2016, 09:12:47 pm »

Team Fun- Terrance the Terrapode

Does this room have any exits, besides the one I just entered through? If it does, pick the one furthest from danger and flee through it.

If it's a dead end, Terrance seeks out the thingum's mind with its empathic sense. Once it has located it, it uses every ounce of its metaphysical being to hijack or disrupt the thing's senses, and generally flood it with confusing sights, sounds, and sensations. Let the Pendant of Tales join in if it wants.

((Rest in pieces, comrades. I expect I'll be joining you momentarily.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2016, 09:27:38 pm »

((This is the mission where we all just fuck up. An epic failure for the ages boys...how long did it take...how amny missions?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2016, 09:40:30 pm »

((This is the mission where we all just fuck up. An epic failure for the ages boys...how long did it take...how amny missions?))
((Blame me for not taking charge and organizing, instead delegating to team leaders. My fault. Nobody else volunteered for leadership positions at all, I should have realized that meant nobody else was up to the task.))
((So be it. The question now is how to best recover from this. We're going to have to come back to loot the crushed carts, salvage any supplies we can. however that's a task for after the area is safe. right now we need to get everyone out if possible.))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49