Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64830 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2016, 08:48:23 pm »

((Argh. For future reference, my brain does not like Missions of Many People. This is feeling like the most confusing parts of ER already.
I also don't like how our teams are basically totally arbitrary, and everyone's just wandering off into their own groups, but eh, that's free will for ya. :P))
((The teams were not assigned arbitrarily. Each one was set up to be able to operate completely independent of the other if necessary, including having separate healers, separate brawlers, etc.))
((Not arbitrary in design, arbitrary in practice. Nobody is staying with their teams.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2016, 08:49:36 pm »

((Argh. For future reference, my brain does not like Missions of Many People. This is feeling like the most confusing parts of ER already.
I also don't like how our teams are basically totally arbitrary, and everyone's just wandering off into their own groups, but eh, that's free will for ya. :P))
((The teams were not assigned arbitrarily. Each one was set up to be able to operate completely independent of the other if necessary, including having separate healers, separate brawlers, etc.))
((Not arbitrary in design, arbitrary in practice. Nobody is staying with their teams.))

((that is my fault really.though I didn't intend for us to go for too long))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2016, 09:00:12 pm »

((If you need to tell your team to regroup, do it. Aylia will group on you as well if you call her back. You are the leader of team green after all.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2016, 09:05:48 pm »

((And people wonder why the officers have a low opinion of us.))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2016, 11:28:40 pm »

Team Green
Help Jack pull the cart.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2016, 02:49:20 am »

Team Green
Help Jack pull the cart.
Team Green
Help the team move the cart
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2016, 11:55:36 am »

TEAM RED!

Help push the cart torwards the turtle's place. If I cannot get there just abandone the carts and drag Noir away

"He's right, let's get out of here and get going."
Noir had been kinda staring at the monster unsure how to feel but she certainly didn't feel afraid Dad was bigger..she had a hard time feeling real fear from looking at whatever the big thing was so when dar and clearly the team were warning her she decided to...take their advice even though she was having a hard time being afraid.
Uh help My damn lover push the cart if that doesn't work out presumably run with him.
"I-I mean I'm used to big monsters...just not used to em trying to kill me reminds me of my dad honestly!"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:57:48 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2016, 12:11:35 pm »

team: crystal cancer
Trier

Damn traitors.
okay new plan, grow some different more loyal crystals in such a way as to get them to stop the growth of the traitors.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:19:41 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2016, 02:29:24 pm »

cho ja, team cho

hold my ground for a minute and check whats happening with the sprite.

possibly relocate slightly so that if the metalpedes start advancing again they are less likely to stumble across samuel.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2016, 03:05:22 pm »

"Well, Noir, if I ever have to meet your parents warn me several months ahead of time. "
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2016, 03:14:24 pm »

Team Whatever- Terrance the Terrapode

Follow Dar.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2016, 03:39:33 pm »

"Well, Noir, if I ever have to meet your parents warn me several months ahead of time. "
"N-No m-Moms like my size but m-my dad's like this fucking huge thing! Hes just giant Id be pretty cool if you could meet em!"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2016, 04:12:30 pm »

Jack chuckles
"Just making a joke my dear, it would be incredible to meet them some day."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2016, 11:43:51 pm »

Team Push the cart
alright, so spaz has said you guys are focusing on the good cart, and taking it east. This happens to be directly into the Crystal Forest, so some rolls are about to happen. Maybe some Bad Shit, too.

TEAM RED!

Help push the cart torwards the turtle's place. If I cannot get there just abandone the carts and drag Noir away

Team Green
Help Jack pull the cart.
Team Green
Help Jack pull the cart.
Team Green
Help the team move the cart
TEAM RED!

Noir had been kinda staring at the monster unsure how to feel but she certainly didn't feel afraid Dad was bigger..she had a hard time feeling real fear from looking at whatever the big thing was so when dar and clearly the team were warning her she decided to...take their advice even though she was having a hard time being afraid.
Uh help My damn lover push the cart if that doesn't work out presumably run with him.
"I-I mean I'm used to big monsters...just not used to em trying to kill me reminds me of my dad honestly!"
Yup, you manage to get it moving easily enough. But once you get into the other room, it gets stuck in the crystals.  the floor in here starts to bow, and several of the racks fall inward, pretty much in the direction of the cart. None of them hit you though, as the racks are oriented sideways to the cart and are set a bit back from this wall. Now, running through here will be very risky, as will staying where you are, so I can't finish any of your actions beyond this. Besides, I still have to resolve Trier's. See below for the rest of this turn. You guys are in some shit at the moment.

Team Crystal Cancer
team: crystal cancer
Trier

Damn traitors.
okay new plan, grow some different more loyal crystals in such a way as to get them to stop the growth of the traitors.
Don't you have to stab them into something in order to cause them to grow? Well, you start stabbing at the walls and floor, breaking off a few chips of yourself and forcing them to grow. They Don't seem to be helping much though. Also, the others push the good cart right into the middle of the forest, and the floor buckles. shit be falling apart in here, yo.

Team Meet The Natives
Team Cho

Stealthly move towards where the robots came from. If the robots are distracted enough I take a glance in the room and if no one is in there I'll go in the room. I also watch what happens to Cho.
You have a dex of -2, and a speed of -1. and you roll a 2. You "sneak" down along one of the machines, trip over some protrusion, nad fall face first, fully exposed, right at the feet of one of the spider creatures. Charisma? 0. okay. It doesn't immediately stab you in the back of the head.

cho ja, team cho

hold my ground for a minute and check whats happening with the sprite.

possibly relocate slightly so that if the metalpedes start advancing again they are less likely to stumble across samuel.

the Sprite returns to you and declares He says they have no intention of following you that way. He says it sounds like a Cassarac is feeding that way. He suggests that you move along to somewhere safer. He suggests you avoid Oil Town. that's ... ummm. He didn't say where Oil Town is.

While she is speaking, the metalpedes turn together and leave the way they came, only turning north once they pass out of the room.

Oh, and they certainly found Samuel. He kinda resolved the whole "stumble upon" issue by himself.

Team South Side.
Aylia, Mission Lead, accompanying team Adorable

continue scouting out this floor. could you let me know if at any point the floor I'm on stops mirroring the floor below me for the sake of mapping? No need to redraw the map or anything for me, I just need to know where it doesn't match up and what's there instead. I'm especially paying attention to ways to continue climbing up, and although I'm not willing to go to any great pains to stay hidden, I do try to keep my noise down and don't make my presence obvious, moving through shadows on padded paws when possible.
the only room up here that is different than the ones below is the big machine room that Cho and Samuel are in. In fact, that room extends up three stories, so you'd be at floor two. there are no entrances to it from your floor. You find two sets of stairs - one above where I mentioned the stairs were to the others (in the room Trier is wrecking, but at the opposite corner) and one set two rooms south of that. As for keeping hidden, well, all that racket the giant thingum is making kinda masks any of your noise. Your bulk is harder to hide, but you don't encounter anything anyway.

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

((Is it seriously that hard to realize you need to run away from the massive monster?  This is OOC for Dar, but honestly...))

Dar'yajira will charge into the torchlight and yell at Noir (and Jack, plus anyone else nearby, telling them that they need to run away, where the Tortoise went, or they will be killed.  Then he'll leave and go to the room Aylia entered, trying to find her, and follow her.  Rapidly and stealthily, ICly so that the monster can't see him, OOCly so that no teammates can foolishly follow him. *Pointed look at the next page*.

Team Whatever- Terrance the Terrapode

Follow Dar.
He pops up, shouts about death and despair, and then disappears into the shadows. You have no idea where he goes. He pulkls a Homer Simpson, dissolving into the metal walls or some shit. Congratulations, you are now alone in the room of doom. Well, one of them. You can hear that they are having some trouble with the cart in there.

Team Cassarac. AKA Giant Floating Thingum
More shit starts falling to the north, and directly above your origin. The ceiling toward the open end of your origin room buckles slowly downward and the beast does whatever it is doing up above. Looks like this room doesn't have long to live.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2016, 12:38:50 am »

team fucking adorable

Ugh. Too much metal, and incomprehensible geometries, and teammates. And not enough murder, or interesting anything. Tell the starsprite to tell everyone adorable to get over here right now and to stick together, and that's an order. If the starsprite decides to misinterpret my directions in some amusingly whimsical way, I will not be amused. Or whimsical, for that matter.
Once I've gotten everyone where I can see them and they're not making any trouble, get the hells on with finding whatever stupid thing we here to get, presumably by just going farther inside this fucking confusing place and not making funny little scouting parties to waste weeks worth of time on finding NOTHING.

((We started this mission more than three weeks ago, and we've done nothing but look at a few rooms around our starting one, and...? Looking at a big blue thing? Tearing apart anything useful? I'm tired of that, I'm not in this to spend tens of days accomplishing nothing, get on with it.))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49