Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64816 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2016, 07:27:34 pm »

"Guys, got an ideal. Seems that the way outside I found may be cordoned off but perhaps those of us on red team can scout deeper into the area with the doors. See if we can find a way to distract the thing outside. Now who ever is holding a torch throw it torwards a corner. We'll attack the things that go to it if we cannot sneak by and go to meet up with the rest.."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:31:47 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2016, 08:46:40 pm »

Here, this might help everyone visualize:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cho and Samuel are the only ones who have encountered the spider thingums. The rest of you have no clue. Well, the Star Sprite knows now. maybe. hard to say with Sprites, really.

Trier, Asiin, and Yarrick (Yarrick? Not Varrick?) all are the only ones so far that are aware of the crystal forest being grown. A.K.A. Trier's third strike in his catastrophe trifecta.

Everyone except Cho Ja and Samuel should be well aware of The Giant Floaty Thingum TM out there. note, this one is not to scale.

I think Yarrick has the torch, unless it was Solam. if it is Yarrick, then the group around the cart is in mostly darkness again. Otherwise you can still see.

I know I have been a lot less active in my update schedule than before September. I blame work, and taking on more than I expected, and being lazy. I'll try to at least do two updates a week, and preferably three.

Any questions on positioning or the situation at large? For those of you who've made actions, please review to see if they need edited.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2016, 11:44:40 pm »

action edited
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2016, 11:45:10 pm »

Action not edited.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2016, 01:57:56 am »

Team Red- Terrance the Terrapode

On second thought, take cover, and then cower.

((Thanks for the map, Oz. It helps a ton.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2016, 03:09:07 am »

Cho ja, team cho

Hiss "Tell him, that." to tge sprite whilst pointing at the metalpedes and backpedal slowly.

if they dont start acting less hostile blast tge first one with a spray of my caustic venom and pull samuel into a tactical retreat.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2016, 04:38:30 am »

>>> TEAM ADORABLE <<<
Asiin Michael; who is a tortoise

Whatever, he can grow a weird crystal forest if he likes, it's not blocking my path.
Keep moving anti-giant-monster-ways, into the room that I do not yet know contains robots. Hopefully make peace with said robots?

((Argh. For future reference, my brain does not like Missions of Many People. This is feeling like the most confusing parts of ER already.
I also don't like how our teams are basically totally arbitrary, and everyone's just wandering off into their own groups, but eh, that's free will for ya. :P))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:46:27 am by Egan_BW »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2016, 11:50:13 am »

((Argh. For future reference, my brain does not like Missions of Many People. This is feeling like the most confusing parts of ER already.
I also don't like how our teams are basically totally arbitrary, and everyone's just wandering off into their own groups, but eh, that's free will for ya. :P))
((The teams were not assigned arbitrarily. Each one was set up to be able to operate completely independent of the other if necessary, including having separate healers, separate brawlers, etc.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2016, 01:01:45 pm »

Noir breathes quietly looking at the strange mass of weird flesh out there.....she isn't quite sure what to do right now and so she's gonna sit tight and try to come up with a plan.
"Any ideas guy?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2016, 01:05:05 pm »

"We get away from there and deeper into this place. Though that increases the chance of coming into worse things."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2016, 03:27:32 pm »

I'll try to separate the action, room by room, so it's a little less confusing.

Room with the carts
Team Red

Fall back and prepare to fire if any thing attacks us.

if we are attacked then move to protect noir.

Have my fey spirit move to me when he returns and fly the room to the right and go out the place that goes outside and look around before returning to me.

Arrows 20/20

"Alright, Any ideals? I may haveanother way out and surely the doors I sent the others into will have ways deeper down this place."
Where are you falling back to? You are currently about as far back from The Giant Floating ThingumTM as you're gonna get in the room. As for your sSprite - still out with Cho, til the end of this turn.

Team Green
Asses feasibility of dragging the cart without gaining the creature's attention. Continue standing silently.
Well, you could probably get someone else to help and haul the functional cart out of there well enough. As for the other one - two wheels are busted, but maaaaybe those legs or whatever that are sticking out of the bottom could be useful. If only there was a manual for these things, or something.

as for getting the beast's attention ... Geez, you don't know. It's not like you've seen any sensory organs or anything. for all you know, this could be its ass end. You might not even be able to get its attention with a spear rammed into its hide.

Team Red- Terrance the Terrapode

On second thought, take cover, and then cower.

((Thanks for the map, Oz. It helps a ton.))
You do this. Like Dar, you will be pretty hard to see unless you want to be seen. You do notice a bit of a sound from the room behind you - the one where Trier went. Looking that way, you see a faint, light blue glow.

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

((With the rather intermittent updates, and the spread out mazelike nature of this place, I forsee it getting very confusing soon.  I just spent ~15 minutes reading back to get a better understanding of where everyone is.))

Since I'm pretty sure nobody is still in the room he wanted to watch, Dar'yajira will creep back towards the cart.  He'll try to stay out of direct light, and will try to keep an eye on both Noir (and the other cart people), and the horrible thing outside.  As always, he will try to intervene if it reaches a limb or something inside to attack.

again, you really don't need to put much effort into sneaking. Ain't nothing gonna see you unless you want it to, or by magic.

Looks like the thing outside is rising.

There is another very loud, grinding, tearing sound. the beast hits the building hard enough to shake the room you are in again, but it is evident that it is not hitting your room. Rather, the epicenter seems to be up a few stories and to the top of the map I showed you. call that direction north, I guess. Bits of debris fall in this room, and what seems like an entire room worth of debris falls into the room to the north. Much of that debris then falls out of that room.
Pretty much everyone hears that. Including Cho and his new companions.

Room with the crystal forest
Team: Crystal event horizon
Trier.

Call to my crystal brethren. Whisper to them that they can consume the world later. For now they must stop expanding and lure the squishes into a false sense of security.

[EDIT] only tell that to the ones behind me, to the ones between me and mechachutulu tell them to grow into a big wall between me and horrible doom. Also tell them to violently grow into Mechathulu if it gets near it.

The crystal shards ignore you completely, and continue to eat the metal out of the room. Their growth is visible at this point. One of the shelvess collapses with a clatter.

>>> TEAM ADORABLE <<<
Asiin Michael; who is a tortoise

Whatever, he can grow a weird crystal forest if he likes, it's not blocking my path.
Keep moving anti-giant-monster-ways, into the room that I do not yet know contains robots. Hopefully make peace with said robots?

sheesh. Noone likes the little bit of trouble with the rubble strewn entrance hall. No one likes the breathing room with being in an empty section. No one wants to be together. No one wants to be apart. No one wants to lead, but noone likes the chaos from having no leaders. No one likes to be eaten by Giant Floaty Thingums, or Crystal Cancer, or Denizens of Mechanical Despair, either. I guess the sentient toxic gas cloud is gonna be poo pooed too. I kid, of course. Everyone loves a sentient toxic cloud.

Anyway, you hustle on by as fast as your turtle legs can carry you. One of the shelfs falls apart over by Trier, and those crystals are definitely starting to expand in this room. And your supplies are all back there. No matter, you are throguh, and into the room full of machinery. You can't see the RoboSpiders or whatever yet as the machinery is in the way, but you spot the flicker of torchlight and begin cautiously making your way toward it, and away from the commotion behind you.

Team green

Seeing the monsters arrive Yarrick gets his bow and try's to get line of sight throwing my torch towards them to make them easier to see. If they start attacking shoot the monsters
You bring the torch with you and follow Asiin into the room full of machinery. You head toward the second torch.

room Full of machinery and robospidercentipedes
Cho ja, team cho

Hiss "Tell him, that." to tge sprite whilst pointing at the metalpedes and backpedal slowly.

if they dont start acting less hostile blast tge first one with a spray of my caustic venom and pull samuel into a tactical retreat.

The robospidrcentipedes swivel toward what sounds like half the building being torn apart behind you. Your sprite friend seems to misunderstand your gesture, as she then flits up to the front end of the central mass of one of the legzillas and begins squeaking at it. You open ups some distance between yourself and the metalpedes.

Samuel stays more or less hidden this round.

One floor up, and to the south.
Aylia, Mission Lead, accompanying team Adorable

Time to send my sprite back Asiin... If it can understand me in this form. Can it?
"Go ask Asiin if she's in trouble and needs me to come back to help, if she doesn't have a response ready within 15 seconds or so, then just tell her the sprite with her should be able to find me if she needs me and come back to me. If she is actively fighting something when you arrive, then don't bother asking her and just come back and tell me what she's fighting."
After the sprite has left, or if it can't understand me, then I'm going to glance through the doorways, starting with the closest.

how difficult is my barding to put on? I suspect I have to already be in my biggest form and to have someone assist me in getting it on and strapped properly, but I'd like confirmation, as well as an estimate of how long it would take to do. ((since turn time varies just give a vague estimate in real time please and I will naturally be assuming that there will be some signifigant variation from the listed time for various reasons including narrative))

side note: Aylia studied her star sprite when she first got it, and has kept it in very close proxemity for a while now, may I please assume she has it acquired as an additional form, though untested?
The Sprite cannot understand you in this form. Star Sprites are one of those special forms. it'll be harder to acquire them than normal. You can try it now if you want, but for best chance at success, you'll want to wait at least a full day or so.

This guy takes about ten minutes to put on full plate armor, with practiced help. It's the best answer I've found at the moment, as I haven't gotten a good answer for horse armor. A simple saddle usually takes a few minutes though, so let's say ten to fifteen minutes with help, and with the armor in good condition and laid out. If you have to sort it from a pile, fifteen to twenty. Now, as for changing between Giant Frost Cat and horse forms - the armor you have is flexible enough to be used, but it will be unfitting until someone helps you adjust it to the other setting, which takes five minutes or so.

The rooms up here are similar to the ones below, though the racks are replaced by stacked metal boxes. The metal boxes have interlocking legs, so they are designed to be stacked, and the fronts have a portion that folds open, so the interiors can be more easily accessed. In the back room to the far south, the stacks of boxes have collapsed into a pile. that room is more or less unnavigatable.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2016, 04:20:43 pm »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

((Is it seriously that hard to realize you need to run away from the massive monster?  This is OOC for Dar, but honestly...))

Dar'yajira will charge into the torchlight and yell at Noir (and Jack, plus anyone else nearby, telling them that they need to run away, where the Tortoise went, or they will be killed.  Then he'll leave and go to the room Aylia entered, trying to find her, and follow her.  Rapidly and stealthily, ICly so that the monster can't see him, OOCly so that no teammates can foolishly follow him. *Pointed look at the next page*.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2016, 04:32:18 pm »

TEAM RED!

Help push the cart torwards the turtle's place. If I cannot get there just abandone the carts and drag Noir away

"He's right, let's get out of here and get going."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2016, 05:30:50 pm »

Team Cho

Stealthly move towards where the robots came from. If the robots are distracted enough I take a glance in the room and if no one is in there I'll go in the room. I also watch what happens to Cho.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2016, 06:06:45 pm »

Aylia, Mission Lead, accompanying team Adorable

continue scouting out this floor. could you let me know if at any point the floor I'm on stops mirroring the floor below me for the sake of mapping? No need to redraw the map or anything for me, I just need to know where it doesn't match up and what's there instead. I'm especially paying attention to ways to continue climbing up, and although I'm not willing to go to any great pains to stay hidden, I do try to keep my noise down and don't make my presence obvious, moving through shadows on padded paws when possible.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49