Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64859 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2016, 05:38:06 pm »

Team Green - Dar'yajira, druidic cat

((Yeah, Dar's willing to translate, and he would have gotten that pretty accurate.  Maybe not "Sprite", or actual names, but everything else, certainly.  Apologies for being late today.))

When Jack lays out his plans, Dar says "Cat is fine to travel above.  It is unsure it can reach without assistance, however."

When Asiin asks her questions of Aylia, Dar immediately answers without waiting for Aylia "Tortoise, this one is Dar'yajira.  Shifter is called... 'Aylia', no?  Yes."

Dar will stay near Aylia for now, and focus on studying the nature of this place.  Is there any nature?  Or is a just a mechanical monstrosity?

Aside from that, he'll look around the room for a path up to the rafters and beams.  Preferably one that doesn't require going above the pit.  Aylia's letting him climb on her, so maybe he can jump off her head to get up there?  It's 20+ feet, but Dar does have an acrobatic specialization and powerful magic.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2016, 06:53:20 pm »

((My apologies on getting the species and gender wrong, and Aylia has advantages in such things, she should have gotten it right.))
((I guess I'll assume Dar is willing to translate and does it accurately and just go with it since Spaz and Egan both did, but bear in mind that if Dar doesn't translate then the entire conversation will have to change))
"Jack's plan is good. Asiin, I handed you Star Sprite bracelet because I want you to lead. I'll take over if you have trouble."

"I have not much training with leadership, but if that is your appraisal of the situation, then I will try.
Firstly, the mechanisms on these carts seem strange, does anyone here have the knowledge to discover their purpose?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2016, 06:58:27 pm »

"Maybe they are like the clockwork creatures I fought last mission, I suspect the carts can be controled somehow."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2016, 07:02:07 pm »

I walk over to the side of the room and put my paws against it, using it to steady myself while I stand on my hindquarters, giving Dar a route up.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2016, 08:51:02 pm »

Cho-Ja team two

go look at the view outside, then go exploring the back rooms.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 10:40:43 am »

Aside from that, he'll look around the room for a path up to the rafters and beams.  Preferably one that doesn't require going above the pit.  Aylia's letting him climb on her, so maybe he can jump off her head to get up there?  It's 20+ feet, but Dar does have an acrobatic specialization and powerful magic.
...you can get something about five feet at the shoulder...
Quote from: Wikipedia
...Cats average about 23–25 cm (9–10 in) in height and 46 cm (18 in) in head/body length (males being larger than females), with tails averaging 30 cm (12 in) in length....
((Aylia should be giving you a boost of about 12 feet if I'm estimating height-to-length ratios accurately, bearing in mind that she is getting the length of her hindpaws as well as her body+head length, but that she isn't going to be straight up. (((5*2)+5-2-1)=12). ))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2016, 02:01:46 pm »

GREEN TEAM

Trier

push some of the buttons pull on some of the pulleys and just generally see what the wagon can do.

Hmm we shall test this scientifically......that exsists here right?[\color]
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2016, 02:13:43 pm »

"Sure let's go. Better idea than tha duct idea me being heavy and all."
I''l go with Cho and the go explore the rooms Jack asked me.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 03:10:37 pm »

"Yeah, dumb ideal on my partl sorry."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2016, 02:08:47 pm »

Team Red- Terrence the Terrapode

Terrance glares at Jack. "'TERRANCE' WILL DO. I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS 'SKWID', OR, FOR THAT MATTER, WHY YOU BIPEDS REFER TO ME AS SUCH. BUT YES, I WILL FOLLOW YOURSELF AND THE... HALFDRAGON, IS IT? WE BECAME THE BEST OF CHUMS ON OUR LAST MISSION, AS I RECALL."

Terrence will follow Jack and Noir from a short distance. It will watch the latter like a hawk upper canopy dog. Also, use sensory magic to buff my hearing, if that's a thing I can do.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:53:30 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2016, 02:12:30 pm »

"Dearly sorry Terrance,, I didn't know your names."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2016, 04:34:29 pm »

Noir will follow along with Jack's plan.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2016, 09:42:40 pm »

Yes, everyone please place your team tag at the top of your post (Edit: Only on your action post), along with the subgroup you are in, so I can easily clump your actions together.

Green

Team 1(green)
Just... hold the cart until the team decides what to do.
You do this intil trier begins fucking around and causing shit to go wildly wrong. then you dodge outta the way and avoid getting clobbered.

>>> TEAM GREEN <<<
Asiin Michael; who is a tortoise

((Asiin is female, but that would be somewhat difficult to figure out unless you also happen to be a reptile.))

Asiin holds the bracelet up to the light to examine it more closely.
"Very interesting. This sort of item is exactly why I left home in the first place.
Thank you- ah, I do not know your name?"

You seem to have missed my last action, not that it mattered for that turn.
Take the bracelet. Check to make sure that none of the party got injured by the fall.

((I read your post, and it was the reason I added the description of the room. Your action was part of the whole 'stop the cart' bit, so yeah. I did miss it when making the turn up though)) The fall was short, and everyone seems up and bouncing, all nimble and energetic. looks like they are fine so far. you put your bracelet on, and a shiny little thing climbs out and flits about your head for a moment. Greetings, Lady. I am your Star Sprite for this mission. Oh, how exciting! Oh, look at the sky! It's beautiful this evening. Have you a command, mistress?"

Team Green - Dar'yajira, druidic cat

((Yeah, Dar's willing to translate, and he would have gotten that pretty accurate.  Maybe not "Sprite", or actual names, but everything else, certainly.  Apologies for being late today.))

When Jack lays out his plans, Dar says "Cat is fine to travel above.  It is unsure it can reach without assistance, however."

When Asiin asks her questions of Aylia, Dar immediately answers without waiting for Aylia "Tortoise, this one is Dar'yajira.  Shifter is called... 'Aylia', no?  Yes."

Dar will stay near Aylia for now, and focus on studying the nature of this place.  Is there any nature?  Or is a just a mechanical monstrosity?

your Druidic senses tell you that the Nature of this place is mechanical. it is as if you are entering an enormous metal beehive, or some kind of monstrous living machine, to crawl about in it's steel bowels like some kind of pathogen. You feel almost as if you, and your party, are unnatural here. It's almost the opposite effect of your examinations of Omega Base. You can feel living things inside the vast being, but they, too, do not belong, though this is a situation that is not new. It's as if the place has been in a state of precarious symbiotic or parasitic balance for a long time now. You also sense that this place is dying. Or perhaps it has long been dead, but hasn't yet discovered that truth for itself.

You see a few possile climbing spots along the wall to the left of the room, but they don't look promising. the best climbing is clearly in the danger zone to the right. Jumping off Aylia will require all your skill to accomplish. It is pretty high, even for an enchanted cat.

I walk over to the side of the room and put my paws against it, using it to steady myself while I stand on my hindquarters, giving Dar a route up.
Right side, where Jack and them are, or left side?

GREEN TEAM

Trier

push some of the buttons pull on some of the pulleys and just generally see what the wagon can do.

Hmm we shall test this scientifically......that exsists here right?[\color]
Because someone had to, right? Heh. heh heh. You start yanking levers and pushing buttons, and the cart begins lurching violently, straining against the ropes. "that's not right. Let me undo that" you mutter to yourself, as

Everyone in the room turns to look at the commotion.
the cart bucks wildly,Wooden legs swivel out from below and push or thrash about, and soemthing begins buzzing. at last, the cart snaps it's ropes and throws you off, flipping ponderously over to land on it's back with a crash, scattering supplies and crsuhing some of the more breakable stuff. You crack an elbow as you land, and skid off down the slope to come to a rest against a pile of rubble. The crystals you used to hold the wheels of the cart are shattered, except one, which still holds it's wheel firmly upright, separate from the rest of the cart. "Could ... could someone pass me the instructions please?"

Red
Team rocket  Red

Put on bracelet and go with the plan,
Unless anyone complains it will be the following:
Quick 15 minute bit of scouting

Samuel, Varick, and cho ja search through the doors at the back of the room,

Noir, terrance, and I go through the hole i  the wall to the right.

We mark our trails with rope if possible and keep any openinings and doors open. We avoid hostiles if possible.

If hostiles attack I am personaly going to try and take them out at range and keep them from attacking terrance or Noir

If the room we enter is safe I am going to lead Noir away from Terrance, but not out of sight and whisper some things to her (I'll pm them to her and ozy if I am able to carry out this action)

Everyone is allowed to make variations to this as they wish and as needed,
This is just a base plan I came up with for a quick bit of scouting.

Your bracelet opens, and a star sprite flits out, up close to your eye, and squeaks rapidly: "hello there new perswon. Are you my new charge? what would you like for me to do? have you a message to send? who wold you like to send a message to? I see my sisters are still in their bracelets, and look! Thy are with new people as well. There is a crowd in hhere. are they your friends? Shall I go introduce myself to them? Have you anything for me to eat? and then she stops, wings fluttering, washing your cheek and eye with a small breeze, and her hands clasped in front of her, arms straight down in front of her legs. Meanwhile, you walk to the right side of your current room, climbing some debris, and step up close to the damaged wall. The doorway you are trying to enter is six feet above your head, and the floor is bent raggedly downward, curling out of sight about thirty yars away. More daylight shines through there and along the front of the room you are looking into. Your footing is getting precarious.

Noir will follow along with Jack's plan.
Team Red- Terrence the Terrapode

Terrance glares at Jack. "'TERRANCE' WILL DO. I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS 'SKWID', OR, FOR THAT MATTER, WHY YOU BIPEDS REFER TO ME AS SUCH. BUT YES, I WILL FOLLOW YOURSELF AND THE... HALFDRAGON, IS IT? WE BECAME THE BEST OF CHUMS ON OUR LAST MISSION, AS I RECALL."

Terrence will follow Jack and Noir from a short distance. It will watch the latter like a hawk upper canopy dog. Also, use sensory magic to buff my hearing, if that's a thing I can do.
You see the same thing Jack does: the room to the right is a mess - in worse shape than the one you are in. You hear the whind whistling along through the rafters and amongst the debris. Terrance hears a faint, rhythmic, clicking sound. It is hard to tell where it is coming from.

scouts
Scout with Samuel and Cho being sure to be a few steps behind them with my bow ready
Cho-Ja team two

go look at the view outside, then go exploring the back rooms.

"Sure let's go. Better idea than tha duct idea me being heavy and all."
I''l go with Cho and the go explore the rooms Jack asked me.
You all step over to the front of the room - where the sky is, and look out. there is nothing out there but sky. In the distance, far enough for the air in between to have colored them a faded blue, you see variously shaped things floating in the nothingness. The five or six largest are shaped like islands seen from far off, with their top halves roughly symmetrical to their bottom halves. A few of the objects out there are more round, like moons of different sizes. loking down makes you very dizzy, and the sky deepens to a dark blue, then to a black below you. You see nothing there.

From there, you walk to the Back of the room, and through the human sized doors you find there. they all lead into the same room. there is an open space about ten feet wide along the wall you stand in, and then you are confronted by row upon row of racks, twenty, thirty feet high and filled with boxes, crates, spools, mechanical objects, and a ton of dust. oil lies in gritty puddles on the floor, and in smears on the racks, the objects on the racks, and the walls. It smells of dust, oil, and concrete.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:47:29 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2016, 10:28:36 pm »

Team ReD!

Tie grappeling hook to rope and try and throw the grappeling hook through the door. Once hook is secure try and climb up rope when done go untie lenglon's rope and tie mine down.

"Hello tiny one, I am Jack. I was given you and your family given to others to let us talk. May I ask your name?
after feel free to go and search through my stuff for something to eat. When you are done I ask that you go to the others and tell them I found a door high up and can see some sun light. Tell them I am going to try and get a rope secured so I may take a bit."

JAck would then motion for Noir to come closer

"Noir mind coming closer? I'd like to speak to you a bit in private. Terrance feel free to do what you wish. you may help me get a grappeling hook and rope through that door up there or go back and tell the others what I have found... Or feel free to look about, please be cautious."

((also going to start recording arrows left at end of action post

arrows: 20/20))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:32:04 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49