Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 18.0: Donation of Glaciem  (Read 30496 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 4.0: Evil daystar
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2017, 06:26:41 pm »

Listen to the prayers of the Semics, see how things are going.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2017, 11:01:39 pm »

Listen to prayers.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2017, 11:37:02 pm »

Answer prayers with the following+send messages to some of those that had recieved them prior:
To the digger: Remind him that his body may be shifted and adapted to suit his needs, though with anything it must be done with patience.
To the scout: Encourage interaction with the other races, so that one may see what they do well and improve.
To the mother: Laud her concern for her children, but remind her that one can guard from storms with good craftsmanship and improving one's ability to forecast weather.
To the storm: "Fire which can burn on with neither end nor fuel."

Begin construction of a great Library composed of crystalline tablets, containing all mortal knowledge and an encyclopedia of all creatures present and past. Ensure it is sturdy by creating the fountain with 10E. The Library exists deep within the rock pillar that the Magn are native to, but can only be accessed directly by those deemed worthy of contributing to it.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 5.0: Droughts
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2017, 11:53:02 pm »

Tick 5.0: Droughts

P0022 on godsuns and P0023 on druidic magic have passed. P0022 is notably potentially ambiguous in that it specifies that those not wishing can be other kinds of suns, leaving little room for anyone who wants to be a sun. Perhaps the arguments over this issue will not result in someone dying.

Breeze has created the light metal Airoloid, Windchokers to quench arsonists, and Grumblebees to provide a suitable narcotic stand-in. (Breeze: -7E)

Felicia has created more Dryads. (Felicia: -1E)

Rookars listens to prayers:
   Semic stonebreaker: "BEHOLD, OUR GRAND ROAD DOWN HAS FOUND A STRANGE LAND!"
   Semic smelter: "THIS SLAB IS VERY TASTY WITH QUARTZ! TRY SOME!"
   Semic scout: "WHY ARE THERE PEOPLE MADE OF WATER UP THERE?"

Mother Winter listens to prayers:
   Worbur elder: "We cannot win against the molten seas every year!"
   Worbur wanderer: "How can I become better at cooking?"
   Worbur builder: "Do you approve of our plans to build a great ice temple?"

Ciel responds to prayers:
   The digger has begun working on achieving a shape more similar to the tunneling worms despite a lack of vision.
   The scout continues and hears what can only be a rock creature eating loudly.
   Windbag mother: "We ARE the weather!"
   Firestorm storm: "Yes, the pure FIRE at the end of the world! I must see it at once!"

Ciel has laid the foundations for a great Library containing the sum of mortal knowledge and information on discovered creatures encased in the Magn rock pillar and restricted in access.

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposals (17) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities(13) (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2017, 11:58:07 pm »

Critter samples the slab.

Semic scout: "WHY ARE THERE PEOPLE MADE OF WATER UP THERE?"

"Use betta ingredients!" Hand the Worbur wanderer a sample of the slab to add to his soup.

Critter then listens to his own prayers!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2017, 12:39:16 am »

[Felicia, Nature Goddess]

"I... I need, power."
Felicia creates 0.25 Pop Units of Feltacs for 1E. A Basic Race that is physically weak, but is good at figuring things out. Like reverse engineering. They look like cat people.
Felicia puts them in the woods with the Dryads, so they can be protected.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:42:59 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2017, 12:40:45 am »

The Candlemakers responds to prayers:
Kid: "Do not say steal child, it is not right to call things what they not are."
Stargazer: "Whatever has happened to the sun, has happened for a reason you must identify. Use this opportunity to contemplate the nature of divinity."
Priest: "First, file the top of the candle into a slope. Then, light the wick and let the wax flow."

Listen to more prayers.

Spend 5E (Sphere discount?) to create an artifact, the Candle of Creation, within the Isle of Time. This candle drips upwards, and displays the history of the world etched into its sides. The farther up the Candle goes, the more recent the events. The candle is lit using Saron's fire.

((will describe images next tick))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 07:35:38 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2017, 02:41:26 am »

Worbur elder: "We cannot win against the molten seas every year!"
"Are you having harsh summers? I think they're supposed to be hotter, I suggest moving away from the ocean if possible."
"Find a teacher. I hear Firestorms know how to cook, though I don't know how you would get one to teach you or use their techniques."
Worbur builder: "Do you approve of our plans to build a great ice temple?"
"Ice? That would melt if you cooked on it, the kitchens should be made of something that won't melt easily."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2017, 11:34:08 am »

Propose that a concrete measurement of Time be enacted and agreed upon by all the gods.

... that said time measurement shall be twenty years per tick, a year which is determined by a full cycle of seasons starting with spring, and that the number of years may be modified as needed with further proposals.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2017, 11:38:49 am »

Create a Wind that passes over the lands and increases thought activities of all who feel it on their skin/carapaces/comparable stuff. 3e
Create 4E Windbags
Teach the Windbags how to work Airoloid into clothing and armor.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2017, 11:49:49 am »

Metis listens to prayers.

Metis rides along the winds of thought, spreading whispers of plans and ideas amongst them.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:51:30 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2017, 11:59:35 am »

[Felicia, Nature Goddess]

Felicia reduces her light generation to as far as possible without sucking light in. Same for heat.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2017, 07:33:20 pm »

Ciel spends 5E on creating the first proper rooms of the library and their contents, inscribing them on tablets of divine crystal. The tablets store a limitless amount of information by changing the inscriptions on their surfaces; they are navigated by the holder's thoughts, and require a fair amount of focus to read through properly.

The Contents of the Library Thus Far
Spoiler: The World as is Known (click to show/hide)

"I undertake this project for the betterment of all; may I receive some assistance on it?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2017, 10:55:32 pm »

Semic stonebreaker: "BEHOLD, OUR GRAND ROAD DOWN HAS FOUND A STRANGE LAND!"

"Yay."

Create a 3 unit of minaffalo, large rock based quadrupedal animals that lives in caverns. Instruct the Semics to use them for food and work animals

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 6.0: Floods
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2017, 04:46:00 pm »

Tick 6.0: Floods

Critter has sent a sample of the tasty slab to the Worbur wanderer, who has begun attempting to make literal stone soup.

Critter seems not to be praying to Critter at the moment, so Critter listens to other people's prayers:
   Tribull hunter: "Praise Critter! The sun has vanished!"
   Tribull shower: "Why do I have to bond with showerbeasts? Can't someone else do it?"
   Tribull miller: "Why is it a bad idea to use roarbeasts to grind grain? Don't they run faster?"

Felicia has created some Feltacs and placed them with the Dryads. (Felicia: -1E)

The Candlemaker responds to prayers:
   Kid: "But did you??"
   Stargazer: "Divinity is strange."
   Priest: "Ah! Perfection! Time to sacrifice some candles!"

The Candlemaker listens to more prayers:
   Ur'kid trader: "Why do other people care so much about time?""
   Ur'kid weaver: "Behold a web of time!"

The Candlemaker has created the Candle of Creation, an Advanced artifact candle that displays the history of the world, on the Isle of Time. (The Candlemaker: -5E)

Mother Winter responds to prayers:
   Worbur elder: "That evil ocean!"
   Worbur wanderer: "We may be able to send some rockfolk to them..."
   Worbur builder: "But what about lovely dishes such as iced cream?"

Seeing no opposition from other gods, Breeze has created a wind that increases thought which Metis rides and uses to propagate plans and ideas. (Breeze: -3E) Breeze has also created more Windbags and spent some time teaching them how to work airoloid into clothing and armor. (Breeze: -4E)

Metis listens to prayers:
   Orden artisan: "I Made a Mud sculpture. Look At It."
   Charkatan craftsman: "Are you involved with plans?"
   Firestorm thinker: "How can we steal divine fire?

Felicia, who clearly does not want to be a sun and is definitely eligible for P0022, has reduced her light and heat generation to essentially nothing. Tales spread of dark days when the great beasts of the wilds eat the sun and roam free.

Ciel has constructed the first rooms of the library and populated them with tablets of divine crystal with detailed records of known creations. (Ciel: -5E)

Rookars has created many minaffalo, giving them to the Semics to eat and command.

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities(13) (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Added new characters which somehow got missed
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:44:23 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25