Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 18.0: Donation of Glaciem  (Read 30408 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 0.0: Rotat (talk-only, 72h)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 04:01:55 am »

"Ah. I see. In any case, as long as you accept that the physical is stronger than the abstract, I'm sure we'll get along. After all, fire is far stronger than a little thing like hope or despair, yes?"
OF COURSE!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:54:52 am by Demonic Spoon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 05:22:28 am »

"Ho! Worthy Fellows, I Greet You With As Much Kindness As I May, And Wish You Good Fortune In All Your Endeavors! There Is Much Work Ahead of Us, I Can See! As All Great Events Are Decided, I Believe The Obvious Means Of Resolving Our Disagreements Is Through Honorable Combat!"

Khavod flexes ferociously!

"But Perhaps It Is Too Soon For Us To Fall In Glorious Battle. Verily! For We Must Learn More Of One Another First, So That We Might Have True Understanding Of Whom We Are Engaging! But The World Might Still Be Decided By Battle; Not By The Gods, But By The World! When Fire And Ice Meet And Give Quarrel, Their Corpses Become Water. Where Lava and Water Meet And Make Conflict, Their Husks Become Rock. When Fire And Water Meet And Do Battle, The Force Of Their Conflict Becomes Air, And Creates Ferocious Winds Which Join The Fight!"

"Let This Be The Nature Of Our World! A Great Ocean, With Drifting Islands Great As Mountains Unto Themselves, Fathoms Deep, Blown By Storm, Current, And Whimsy! Where They Meet, Great Clashes Of Stone And Earth, Until One Is Conquered, Or Sent Away, Or Is Made To Perish! Where They Split, A Tremendous Rending, As Subject Rebels Against Master, And Battle May Be Rejoined With Vigor Another Day!"

Khavod raises his arms in elated anticipation of this glorious realm!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 01:48:52 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 10:02:09 am »

"My firey friend, surely you can see that a more appropriate Time for all of your firey creations is when we have actually collectively chosen a shape for our new world, yes?

I believe that this planet should be... well, donut-shaped if you will, a torus. We could fill the hole in the center with a mighty ocean. For each god we could give this planet several moons, one for each God to do as they see fit on, yes? Here allow me to show you."

The Candlemaker pulls a large portion of wax from his beard and creates the aforementioned planet and moons from this wax, and leaves them hovering in the air.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 10:03:41 am »

"My firey friend, surely you can see that a more appropriate Time for all of your firey creations is when we have actually collectively chosen a shape for our new world, yes?

I believe that this planet should be... well, donut-shaped if you will, a torus. We could fill the hole in the center with a mighty ocean. For each god we could give this planet several moons, one for each God to do as they see fit on, yes? Here allow me to show you."

The Candlemaker pulls a large portion of wax from his beard and creates the aforementioned planet and moons from this wax, and leaves them hovering in the air.
WHY AN OCEAN INSTEAD OF LOTS OF FIRE? THE CANDLEMAKER'S WATER BIAS IS CLEAR! DID THE WATER GODS BRIBE YOU?!

THE BEGINNING IS THE BEST TIME FOR FIRE! ALL THE TIMES ARE THE BEST TIME FOR FIRE!

"Ho! Worthy Fellows, I Greet You With As Much Kindness As I May, And Wish You Good Fortune In All Your Endeavors! There Is Much Work Ahead of Us, I Can See! As All Great Events Are Decided, I Believe The Obvious Means Of Resolving Our Disagreements Is Through Honorable Combat!"

Khavod flexes ferociously!

"But Perhaps It Is Too Soon For Us To Fall In Glorious Battle. Verily! For We Must Learn More Of One Another First, So That We Might Have True Understanding Of Whom We Are Engaging! But The World Might Still Be Decided By Battle; Not By The Gods, But By The World! When Fire And Ice Meet And Give Quarrel, Their Corpses Become Water. Where Lava and Water Meet And Make Conflict, Their Husks Become Rock. When Fire And Water Meet And Do Battle, The Force Of Their Conflict Becomes Air, And Creates Ferocious Winds Which Join The Fight!"

"Let This Be The Nature Of Our World! A Great Ocean, With Drifting Islands Great As Mountains Unto Themselves, Fathoms Deep, Blown By Storm, Current, And Whimsy! Where They Meet, Great Clashes Of Stone And Earth, Until One Is Conquered, Or Sent Away, Or Is Made To Perish! Where They Split, A Tremendous Rending, As Subject Rebels Against Master, And Battle May Be Rejoined With Vigor Another Day!"

Khavod raises his arms in elated anticipation of this glorious realm!
NOT ENOUGH FIRE
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:04:05 pm by Demonic Spoon »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 10:04:39 am »

"Agua de aguas, arrives to this grand creation!"

"Now if for some reason none of you plan to bow at my tentacles, let us discuss a thing or two about this world creation. I suggest a reef. Now, I may be a bit biased here, but here me out. Rather than a concrete, finite world, why not let Creation be built over time? Create grand grotto and populate it with titan-sized coral. As they die and add on to the reef, they'll create grand spires and other shapes out of their carbon structures. Course, none of this has to be underwater...unfortunately. Just allow these creatures to be born and die and they'll a grand many biomes and regions for us to share."
<I support this.  A world that grows and changes is much better than a static frame, more adaptable.

Perhaps to satisfy our friend's desire for fire the coral could generate a combustible gas or liquid...>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 10:12:37 am »

"Agua de aguas, arrives to this grand creation!"

"Now if for some reason none of you plan to bow at my tentacles, let us discuss a thing or two about this world creation. I suggest a reef. Now, I may be a bit biased here, but here me out. Rather than a concrete, finite world, why not let Creation be built over time? Create grand grotto and populate it with titan-sized coral. As they die and add on to the reef, they'll create grand spires and other shapes out of their carbon structures. Course, none of this has to be underwater...unfortunately. Just allow these creatures to be born and die and they'll a grand many biomes and regions for us to share."
<I support this.  A world that grows and changes is much better than a static frame, more adaptable.

Perhaps to satisfy our friend's desire for fire the coral could generate a combustible gas or liquid...>

FIRE CORAL! FIRE JUICE! FIRE GAS! BARELY ACCEPTABLE!
Support with fire addition
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:15:20 pm by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 11:06:43 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 11:31:17 am »

PTW
((I don't feel like doing introduction now.))
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 01:48:15 pm »

"Greetings"
"Why dont we create a gigantic ocean with Islands.  Then above this ocean there is a cloud ocean with floating cloud islands.  Above that cloud ocean we have an ocean of flames withsome volcanic islands.  These three layers are connected via pillars of Rock that spiral up and downward. "

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 01:53:11 pm »

"Greetings"
"Why dont we create a gigantic ocean with Islands.  Then above this ocean there is a cloud ocean with floating cloud islands.  Above that cloud ocean we have an ocean of flames withsome volcanic islands.  These three layers are connected via pillars of Rock that spiral up and downward. "
BARELY ENOUGH FIRE, FOR NOW.

Support

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 02:28:14 pm »

Critter takes the form of a mouse, with twelve eyes all placed sideways on his face and two tails that wiggle like flagellum.

"Sooo much shoutin' an' arguin' an' other thin's. Y'er wakin' me from my nap....Twas such a lovely dream too."

The mouse itches behind its ear with its back paw.

"Gotta say, I ain' too thrilled with none of the proposals so far. Ain' much biodiversity in 'em. Bunch o' lil' things is better den' one big un' says I. Havin' a sun set on setting everythin' on fire ain' the brightest of ideas neither."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 02:28:59 pm »

Official Proposal: World formed from Fire to Ice, and goes from one to the other across it; extreme heat, fire, and molten rock on one end, extreme cold, ice, and frozen air on the other. In the middle, where they meet, rock is cooled and solidified to earth, while ice is melted and becomes ocean. The sun, if any, provides light but little warmth; most warmth is dependent on location. Each of these three realms occupies around the same amount of space; fire, ice, and temperate/oceanic. Around 20-30% of the temperate area is covered with 'islands' at any given time; these islands stretch seemingly endless down into the deeps (another 40% or so of the ocean is 'covered' with subaquatic landmasses that provide a bottom to the ocean; the rest seems to be bottomless, just as the ice sheets and scorching fires/roiling lava of their respective realms seem to go down forever; many of these subaquatic landmasses are attached to or portions of landmasses that do rise above the waves), and drift slowly, sometimes smashing into each other. These can cause the islands to become attached to one another, formed a larger island, smash apart one or both, or simply bounce (with a great deal more violence than that implies) off of one another. These islands can be very, very large, sometimes even continent, though larger islands will often eventually be subject to stresses that cause them to break apart. Because shards of their respective realms can be carried with them when land forms/breaks off into the ocean, there are both volcanoes of fire and of ice; when these collide, a tremendous battle is had by their respective forces, usually but not always ensuing in their mutual, though glorious, defeat. The weather patterns caused by perpetual lands like this should be pretty interesting, though not necessarily static. Bounded on one end by cold so intense that it does in fact reach the equivalent of absolute zero, and what amounts to the core of the sun on the other.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:32:32 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2016, 02:34:09 pm »

Critter takes the form of a mouse, with twelve eyes all placed sideways on his face and two tails that wiggle like flagellum.

"Sooo much shoutin' an' arguin' an' other thin's. Y'er wakin' me from my nap....Twas such a lovely dream too."

The mouse itches behind its ear with its back paw.

"Gotta say, I ain' too thrilled with none of the proposals so far. Ain' much biodiversity in 'em. Bunch o' lil' things is better den' one big un' says I. Havin' a sun set on setting everythin' on fire ain' the brightest of ideas neither."
IF YOU MEAN A BUNCH OF LITTLE WORLDS, THEN THE BUBBLE CANNOT SUPPORT SUCH. ONE BIG THING IS THE ONLY CHOICE. ALSO, FIRE IS PRETTY BRIGHT.

Official Proposal: World formed from Fire to Ice, and goes from one to the other across it; extreme heat, fire, and molten rock on one end, extreme cold, ice, and frozen air on the other. In the middle, where they meet, rock is cooled and solidified to earth, while ice is melted and becomes ocean. The sun, if any, provides light but little warmth; most warmth is dependent on location. Each of these three realms occupies around the same amount of space; fire, ice, and temperate/oceanic. Around 20-30% of the temperate area is covered with 'islands' at any given time; these islands stretch seemingly endless down into the deeps (another 40% or so of the ocean is 'covered' with subaquatic landmasses that provide a bottom to the ocean; the rest seems to be bottomless, just as the ice sheets and scorching fires/roiling lava of their respective realms seem to go down forever; many of these subaquatic landmasses are attached to or portions of landmasses that do rise above the waves), and drift slowly, sometimes smashing into each other. These can cause the islands to become attached to one another, formed a larger island, smash apart one or both, or simply bounce (with a great deal more violence than that implies) off of one another. These islands can be very, very large, sometimes even continent, though larger islands will often eventually be subject to stresses that cause them to break apart. Because shards of their respective realms can be carried with them when land forms/breaks off into the ocean, there are both volcanoes of fire and of ice; when these collide, a tremendous battle is had by their respective forces, usually but not always ensuing in their mutual, though glorious, defeat. The weather patterns caused by perpetual lands like this should be pretty interesting, though not necessarily static. Bounded on one end by cold so intense that it does in fact reach the equivalent of absolute zero, and what amounts to the core of the sun on the other.
...YES

Support
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:36:58 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 02:36:40 pm »

IF YOU MEAN A BUNCH OF LITTLE WORLDS, THEN THE BUBBLE CANNOT SUPPORT SUCH. ONE BIG THING IS THE ONLY CHOICE.

"That ain' what I'm gettin' at. I'm jus' sayin' we should have more than' just fire, fer example."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 02:37:44 pm »

IF YOU MEAN A BUNCH OF LITTLE WORLDS, THEN THE BUBBLE CANNOT SUPPORT SUCH. ONE BIG THING IS THE ONLY CHOICE.

"That ain' what I'm gettin' at. I'm jus' sayin' we should have more than' just fire, fer example."
THAT'S FINE. BUT SHOULD HAVE FIRE. AND LOTS OF IT.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25