Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: SPAMSHIP! Bold space explorers badly needed!  (Read 6044 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMSHIP! Bold space explorers badly needed!
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2016, 05:57:51 am »

Okay made it so that flame99 didn't exist on ship and GUNINANRUNIN takes over that one slot ;v

Now only Twinwolf and GUNINANRUNIN had to decide: are they staying behind or diving headfirst into unknown dangers of abandonded spacestation??
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2016, 05:59:19 am »

Now only Twinwolf and GUNINANRUNIN had to decide: are they staying behind or diving headfirst into unknown dangers of abandonded spacestation??

Well, the station seems to be damaged in some manner, hence the distortions over the radio, so the engineer should probably go. I'll stay behind.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2016, 06:05:45 am »

Okay made it so that flame99 didn't exist on ship and GUNINANRUNIN takes over that one slot ;v
Um...
She posted her action :-\
Sorry, I didn't think this would be as fast-paced as it is. If I am expected to make several turns per day, I'll probably just have to drop out. Anyways, I'll go, being an engineer. My skills are proabbly gonna be useful.
Was waiting on the result of that since she was the last person to post her action...

And during that time I did talk to her about this. She mentioned dropping out for replacement if it continues to be shotgunposting at any one time within a day, but she is reasonably active everyday. (She linked this when I asked about her post, then I went all 'oh, it's right there .-.')
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 06:07:33 am by Tiruin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2016, 06:07:18 am »

flame99 dropped out, Tiruin v:

GUNIN is in her place now.

Also people bold your actions/decisions in the future pls ;v
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2016, 06:13:17 am »

Also people bold your actions/decisions in the future pls ;v
We could've known that before x_x
flame99 dropped out, Tiruin v:

GUNIN is in her place now.
She PM'd you that? D:
:<
Always wanted to play with her...
* Tiruin nudges GUNIN to tinker up a storm here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2016, 06:29:42 am »

-snip-

flame99 decided to stay. Sorry, but GUNI gunna go (for now at least).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:31:42 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2016, 07:36:40 am »

Therefore, Cripto, Eliza Tenzhen, Harry Baldman and Tiri Rin board the station.

A quick search of the station proves that it has been abandonded and emptied long ago; all valuable things and equipment was taken away by the last inhabitants of this station, and what was left behind is decrepit, rusted or otherwise unusable.

The computer and the power core are both down and cannot be restored, sadly.

Unfortunately, nothing is gained here, so the crew returns to the ship.

The scanner detects three different jumppoints besides the one the crew came to this system. It is time for the crew to decide upon its next destination!

A) Stable jumppoint. On-board scanner indicates massive star in the system on the other side.
B) Stable jumppoint. On-board scanner indicates small star in the system on the other side.
C) Unstable jumppoint. On-board scanner indicates massive star in the system on the other side.
SigFlags!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2016, 07:42:08 am »

Crack knuckles and go with C.

This station did nothing to sate my thirst for adventure! Something has to be done!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2016, 07:48:41 am »

An unstable jump point doesn't seem to intrinsically imply more adventure or wealth on the other side, simply more difficulty. I'm not sure why we would ever take it.

B

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2016, 07:55:35 am »

An unstable jump point doesn't seem to intrinsically imply more adventure or wealth on the other side, simply more difficulty. I'm not sure why we would ever take it.

B
To test our Pilot's skills? :P
Since we're the equivalent to pioneers, also for the game too, let's all agree on unstable jump next system?
C
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 01:14:31 am by Tiruin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2016, 08:08:43 am »

I'm not sure I see value in 'testing' our jump skill, dis isn't some action rpg where we need Baldman to git gud so he can jump us outa tight and unstable situations.

And I'm not going to ever vote for an unstable jump unless there's some expected increase in utility from it. Obviously >.>

Now, I could totally see there being an increase in utility in it, if the mechanics of the game have safer/better loot behind unstable jumps, and the expected average utility of taking one increases over the expected average utility of a stable jump so long as you have at least a +1 to your jump (like, if success is a 2-6? Or rather, really bad failure is a 1 only?). But that's a question we don't reaaaalllly know the answer too. Unstable jumps could just be total bullshit. Now, admittedly there's an idea that we should try to experiment, not to raise our success in this game, but rather to increase the accumulated knowledge of the game to help future ships though... But, it's hard to assign an accurate value to that sort of play, since there's not even a guaranteed sequel game or that we'll be in it or that the rules will be the same etc etc etc.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2016, 08:34:02 am »

We don't specifically 'know' what 'unstable' or 'stable' means, in Haspen's context. :P And he isn't usually the KILLER GM (although he is like that, like a 'hard difficulty' being the normal) that one choice means DEATH ALREADY.

Hence why I suggest going for it--in the least IF we upgrade our ship someday soon. Maybe not the next system since we may warp into something really bad (eg into a planet/star), but the "Unstable" comes off as 'chaotic warp point'.

Maybe that'll even happen unintentionally, like if we escape-warp from battle.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2016, 09:38:45 am »

Come now, surely you are familiar with the sorting algorithm of reality! If a jump point is unstable, fewer people have gone through it! That means that whatever is beyond it is more likely to have remained untouched by the grubby hands of space looters like ourselves. Or that space looters went there under the same assumption and then died horribly, leaving their grisly remains for future generations of space looters to find. You gotta go onto the wrong side of the spacetracks if you want to have a fun and authentic spacetime, friendo.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2016, 03:58:02 pm »

Sorry, my laptop bought the farm and I've been waiting for ages to get my desktop together (so many complications ;.;). Am I still in, or...? This seems promising but given my slowness int he first update + my later disappearance, I would understand if you'd rather Guni takes the slot.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:02:42 pm by flame99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2016, 04:00:36 pm »

Sorry, my laptop bought the farm and I've been waiting for ages to get my desktop together (so many complications ;.;). Am I still in, or...? This seems promising but given my slowness int he first update + my later disappearance, I would understand if you'd rather Guni takes the slot.

I think you're still in if you put up an action.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7