Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: All Bards Party  (Read 22332 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: All Bards Party
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2016, 04:05:39 pm »

I Start Playing: "Call Scantly Clad Amazons"
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2016, 04:14:49 pm »

I continue my Phoenix song
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2016, 04:37:13 pm »

I'm annoyed by people being around me, play some dubstep sounds with my Didgeridoo just to annoy everyone.
And hopefully scar their eardrums in the process.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2016, 07:23:11 pm »

Join in the dubstepping(?), providing the higher notes to the didgeridoo's lower ones.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2016, 09:04:54 pm »

!! J A Z Z H A N D S !!
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2016, 01:46:02 pm »

Overpower the dubstepping with Eldritch Polka of The Dreamlands
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2016, 11:59:12 am »

It's a Johnson.  It doesn't work as advertised.  Ever.  This one is apparently a synthesizer!

Synthesizer it is. Welcome to the fray!

Hell is closed? Hell no. Open the very gates of hell with a demonic duet, picking a random orc to sing for me. Then, pull a damned soul from hell, and fling it at someone. Anyone.

3 - Getting broken orcs singing with you is impossible so you have to improvise, trying to sing two voices on your own in addition of playing lyre. Improvisation barely works, opening a gates meant for mouse, hardly large enough to fit your hand in. You pull out a soul of cat.

As for your target... closest orc seems good enough. You slam the soul in and observe immediate change in its behaviour. The orc is now walking on all fours and hissing at you, ready to pounce.

"'Band together and orchestrate', said I, but nooooo, bunch of prima donna damn soloists that they are, each going their own way, nobody caring for the guy providing a perfectly good ground bass, forcing the support guy every other way, damn the lot of them, treating me like a trombone pick and making me break my Archlute, my poor baby. Now I'll have to go search for an instrument worthy of this bunch, like a lip harmonica or a tambourine or a scraper or a..."
Yup, gone.

Or a Death Whistle?

Gone? Where to?

Tell me how do you play Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers with a howitzer. But seriously speaking, actual musical instruments only. If it is artillery barrage you want, you can always summon one.

I was thinking of a different Tchaikovsky piece, actually.

Hardly makes it good musical instrument if you need steady supply of ammo.

"Must... stop... dancing.... must.... bathe.... in blood of enemies"

Shake off the effects of the song and help in killing the mindless orcs.

6 - "RIVERS OF BLOOD MUST OVERFLOW! COME OUT MY DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL!"

Lusting for blood, you start playing first aggressive song coming into your mind. Gales of wind burst follow pulsing crescendo of your music, knocking over what is not firmly rooted on ground. Every burst picks up sharp rocks, tree branches, fallen swords and spears and skewers orcs with them. Following downburst sends everyone and everything flying, knocking over trees that withstood previous storm winds. By being in very center of the downburst you are saved by most destructive winds.

Guild Master: 4
Sosoku234: 5
Mallos: 6
Draignean: 5
Ultimuh: 3
Coolrune206: 5
KiwiOui: 5
crazyabe: 1
DolosusDoleus: 3
Maegil: 4
S34N1C: 4
TheBiggerFish: 5

Huh, bards are awesome! Despite of overtly strong wind reaching speeds over 240 km/h only crazyabe really fails. He loses hold of his precious keytar and gets smashed against something hard enough to knock himself out. His keytar, being already in bad shape, gets completely shattered over are of two square kilometers. See ya later, crazyabe!

I Start Playing: "Call Scantly Clad Amazons"

Limp back to Bards' College, 6th movement.

I continue my Phoenix song

1 - Your brand new harmonica overheats, things get loose, and you drop it to avoid burning your fingers and lips. Damnit, and you only just got it!

I'm annoyed by people being around me, play some dubstep sounds with my Didgeridoo just to annoy everyone.
And hopefully scar their eardrums in the process.

Join in the dubstepping(?), providing the higher notes to the didgeridoo's lower ones.
Overpower the dubstepping with Eldritch Polka of The Dreamlands

5&5 vs 1 - Eldritch dubstep? That's what it sounds like until Mallos bashes nearby boulder with his accordion apart due sheet annoyance.

New party effect: DAMN ANNOYING! (Bouts of random violence)
New party effect: Damaged eardrums (-1 for musicality)

!! J A Z Z H A N D S !!

1-1 - S M A S H  H E A D S, GOD DAMN IT!! That dubstep is DAMN ANNOYING! You jump to beat Ultimuh and DolosusDoleus with your saxophone, but they dodge and give each other highfive. In the end, you only smash your instrument. It's a sad day to be KiwiOui... *sniff*

Quote from: Guild Master
Play medicine chant to fix ears

2 - Song itself is fine, but power is lacking.

"FUCK IT THEN! Alright guys, orcish war camp and our goal is near! Let's move!"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2016, 12:15:02 pm »

"Sorry Crazyabe! I went too far"

Play music to fix people ears while walking
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2016, 12:20:59 pm »

Hardly makes it good musical instrument if you need steady supply of ammo.

Which does raise the question of how all the people with electric guitars and theremins and what have you are powering theirs in the field.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2016, 12:36:37 pm »

Follow along to the camp, keeping my didgeridoo raised to cave a certain someone's skull in.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:27:23 pm by Ultimuh »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2016, 01:16:34 pm »

Kick the cat orc away, then strum a solo to expand the gateway to hell.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2016, 01:44:40 pm »

My character wasn't there this round, he went looking for a new instrument, probably matchboxes. The whistle is being saved for fighting bosses and serenading whitch queens in the moonlight.

@Harry: I don't know about the others, but I had loudspeakers and batteries on my utility belt.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2016, 01:48:59 pm »

@Harry: I don't know about the others, but I had loudspeakers and batteries on my utility belt.

My point was that a lot of the instruments employed require setup and resources to operate as well, so really a howitzer isn't all that different. If carrying a car battery is feasible, why not pulling a little red wagon with artillery shells in it, ripe to load and fire?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2016, 01:55:39 pm »

I didn't have a car battery, to power an instrument four bike batteries are nearly as good as a single car battery and are much easier to carry on a belt.

So you don't just want an artillery piece on a limber, but also an ammo caisson?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2016, 02:13:15 pm »

No, my instrument is a B. S. Johnson Chicken Plucker.  It just works like a synthesizer.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12