Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: All Bards Party  (Read 22366 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: All Bards Party
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2016, 04:15:01 pm »

Now wielding the spines of his foes, the Lyrical Lyre man picks up his lyre and replaces the strings with the spines of his foes. He then places the lyre back down, picks up the nearest orc, and flings it at the highest speed possible towards the orc bard.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2016, 04:40:00 pm »

If I can't overwhelm the Death Whistle's power, I can outclass its owner.
Swiping the right hand across a bandoleer, I equip all the fingers with ring picks. Playing only one arm of the twin Archlute, the left hand dances across the frets while all the right hand fingers dazzlingly pluck and plink notes. I'm not even going Medieval on his ass, I'll go full out Baroque in Sonata form.

I-Alegro Vivace assai transcendental; II-Presto accelerando con bravura, brio, fuoco e moto; III-Prestissimo furioso orribile, cataclismico e trionfante!
Up a Stairway to Heaven, glimpsing the Music of the Spheres, and in agony down the Highway to Hell to keep company with your pets - my pets, now!

Get the whistle.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:18:47 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2016, 07:41:23 pm »

Mellow minds with some calming smooooth jazz.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2016, 07:50:41 pm »

"...MY KEYTAR!!! I NEEDED THOSE KEYS!!!"
I Set My Keytar To "Hellish Untuned Orchestra" And Make the Orks Dance There way to Hell.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2016, 07:51:49 pm »

Pluck the tune of ten-thousand raining spines upon my Amplified Cactus
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2016, 12:06:29 am »

"Greetings, extradimensional benefactor. Thank you for accompanying us!"

Back up He Who Shall Not Be Named with accordion music meant to strengthen and otherwise maintain his presence on the Prime Material Plane
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2016, 01:21:03 am »

Crank the volume, but this time play the brown note!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2016, 12:40:54 pm »

Can I get a different instrument when I get back in?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2016, 03:42:57 pm »

Let the spirits do their thing, while I focus on getting my shamanistic looks in order.
I do this by ripping off most of my clothes down to my underwear, and use the blood of the fallen to paint mystical symbols all over my own body.
All while I am chanting in an ancient and long forgotten tongue.

...Cosplaying is fine, but don't forget you are in middle of fight here.

3 - Eh, it's passing imitation.

"Come back here you coward!"

Dance around the spirits and demons and kill that orc bard, this time ignore the whistle his flesh will be weaker than it.

5-1 - Song of Deathly Silence of Monks should suffice. You do sword dance while playing violin, except instead of using swords you use your legs. Your kicks slams the orc bard into throat crushing his windpipe. Good luck with breathing!

Now wielding the spines of his foes, the Lyrical Lyre man picks up his lyre and replaces the strings with the spines of his foes. He then places the lyre back down, picks up the nearest orc, and flings it at the highest speed possible towards the orc bard.

Spines don't make very good strings, you know.

3-1 - Your highest throwing speed isn't very respectable. I mean you do throw helpless orc ten meters away, but that's not enough.

If I can't overwhelm the Death Whistle's power, I can outclass its owner.
Swiping the right hand across a bandoleer, I equip all the fingers with ring picks. Playing only one arm of the twin Archlute, the left hand dances across the frets while all the right hand fingers dazzlingly pluck and plink notes. I'm not even going Medieval on his ass, I'll go full out Baroque in Sonata form.

I-Alegro Vivace assai transcendental; II-Presto accelerando con bravura, brio, fuoco e moto; III-Prestissimo furioso orribile, cataclismico e trionfante!
Up a Stairway to Heaven, glimpsing the Music of the Spheres, and in agony down the Highway to Hell to keep company with your pets - my pets, now!

Get the whistle.

6 - Forget the stairway and spheres, you jump right into Highway to Hell, playing your archlute so violently you pluck few strings off! Which means to say your song takes over the Gate of Hell and transforms it bigger. A huge hairy hand extends out, grabs orc bard and pulls his physical body into Hell. The gateway remains open and pair of major demons step into this realm. Twice as tall as human, fire and lighting cackles between their twisted horns. They have come to claim this world once again!

Mellow minds with some calming smooooth jazz.

6 - "Mellow out, man..." Things are going way too violent here, time out, boys! Let's chill out, smoke some weed, talk about peace and love, man. Sit down with me, guys...

Screams for blood are replaced with confused silence. Power of your song overwrites all those bloodlusting effects clouding people's mind. Even demons are recalculating their plans.

"...MY KEYTAR!!! I NEEDED THOSE KEYS!!!"
I Set My Keytar To "Hellish Untuned Orchestra" And Make the Orks Dance There way to Hell.

Mellow out, man: 2 - Chill it out, some dancing is definitely needed, but maybe not all the way to Hell.

6 - EVERYBODY DANCE NOW! DANCE FEVER ALL THE WAY! You show the way with your own example. Move your body!

Pluck the tune of ten-thousand raining spines upon my Amplified Cactus

Mellow out: 2 - No need to get violent, man! How about few breaths from pipe this one orc has lit and offers you.
Move your body: 1 - crazyabe is showing excellent form of dancing. You join him and growing number of dancing orcs, your goal being the best dancer around!

"Greetings, extradimensional benefactor. Thank you for accompanying us!"

Back up He Who Shall Not Be Named with accordion music meant to strengthen and otherwise maintain his presence on the Prime Material Plane

Few mouths on the tentacle stop singing for a moment and respond you: "̽̏̚͟҉͓̭́N͖̜͚̝̒ͨ̓o͓̖̪̮̱̒͗͑͘ ̷̗̤̣͚ͨ͠͝p̷̲̭̓̐̓͠ͅŗ̵̬͇̰̜̱̹̩͖͛͛̓ͮ̈́̓̏̇̄͠ó̴̥͙̣̪͐ͩ̑̾͑̄̂b̵̷͇͎̖͙̞̝̻̊͂l̩͉̬̱̯ͤ͑͐̐̏ͅę̰̤̻͈͓̯ͧ̾̏m̧͚͚̠̰̫̺̪̰̼ͪ͊̀ͯ̽ͩ̐̊,̣̦̬̜̪̟ͬ͛ͧ͡ ͯ҉̖͔̠̹͉̹b͚͈̃͂ͣ̔̏͋̂̚͝r̵̶̡̲̼̗͕̟̲̯̹ͤô̴̦̮̖ͥͬͭͧͭ̈́̌!̵̣̩͔̲͇̰͌̇ͮ͗̃ͫ̐̍̍ ̩͇͇̼̊͠͞͠H̡̛͖̲̮̜͇̺͑̾̏͂͆̒̈́ȃ̴͗͗͜҉̖͇̳̝̖̮̩p̨̝̼̭͍̥̱̠̂̔̎ͧ̔̚p̴̘̬͇̬̫̫̯͔̀ͤͯ͒ͨy̴̢͔̙͖̤͙͙͍̣͂́͞ ̘̒ͥ̈́͐̕͡t͉̹̃̐͗̓́̚ȏ͕͙̰̱̪̫̺͟ͅ ̨͔͍͍̠̃f̪̠̈̐ͧ̅͂͐i͈̱̼̱͔̤ͪ͑̃n̙̰̠̦̦̥͎̦͐̈́̈͋d̺̞̦̼̘̾̀̄ ̹͍͉̲̑̒̽ͮ̿̾a̧̲̤̰ͭͧ͞n̶̳̰̞̆ͯ̔͘ơ̶̦͉͈̠̘̟̺̙ͬ̊̉̍́t̜̹̙̦̗͐̍ḧ̩͔͓̮̯́ͨͥ̆̐̔ę̽͆̊ͯ͒̏͐̏́҉͏͓̫͕̰̞̼͙ͅr̵̢̡̖̟̤̮̺̬̱̠̊̎̋ ̟̀͒ͫͤͨ̿̌͞p̢̛͕̞̱͖͂̚͞ͅo̓́̚͜҉̞͍̯̰̘͙l̪̖̦̜̟͆ͨ̔͘k̸̷̭̪̭͔̮͗͒̆̍̽ͤ̾́ͅả̧̰͎̗̾ͯ͋̾͗͠ ̹͚̹͇̫̤͔̯͋̅ͦ̿͗̇̇̕͢͡l̙̟̙̤̞̙̼̒ͣ̑o̪ͮ̓̈́ͥͩ͐͗́vͩͩ͑̍̆ͦͤ͢͏̰̜̯̞̟͈͕e̜͕͕̯̮͕̯͛̐̓ͤ̾ͪr͔͖̤͙̤͐̿ͪ!͚̹̏͋͜ͅ"̻̭̦̬̜̝̳͉̒̔ͧͭ͛̕

Move your body: 6 - Dance fever shall never move even your finger!

3 - The rift stays open.

Crank the volume, but this time play the brown note!

Mellow out, bro: 3 You brifly consider smoking a pipe and chilling out on a beach drinking beer.
Dance fever: 4 - Dancing doesn't feel like a proper choice here either.

2-1 - Brown note is very specific frequency. In order make all out of it you fiddle a bit with your theremin, taking its electric components apart and putting back together in different configuration. Huh, there seems to be few extra parts... Wonder where those came from? Whatever, time to make people shit their pants!

Except the sound comes out wrong. Not strong enough, and directed in wrong way. It makes you clench your butt very hard.

Can I get a different instrument when I get back in?

Sure.

Quote from: Guild Master
Make all extradimensional and non-corporeal shit that's not strictly on our side go away!

Mellow out: 6-1 - No power holds sway on your mind unless you permit it!
Dance fever: Rejected!

4 - You play powerful song of bitter farewells, banishing demons, Gate of Hell, spirits summoned by orcs and Jack the Ripper because he's still focused on stabbing KiwiOui.

Quote from: Brass golems
Keep wrecking orcs!

Mellow out, man: 2 - Nah, instead you succumb on dance fever.

Quote from: Him Who Shall Not Be Named
S̶̺͎̗͕̟̬ͪ̍̀͌̄͝i̧͉̯̩̮͙͔͉̱ͯ͠͝ͅn̸̫̰̠͇̫͎ͪ̾̑͛ͩ̐̽̓ͅg̴̛̝̗͚̼̖ͣ̿͛ͧ͗̚ ̪̥̫͍̔ͩͨ̌̄̄ͨ̇T̴͚̫̟͍̫̠͛ͯ̉͒͑͡w̟̞̱̜̺͍͔̩̿̄̇̒ͤ̂͠͞e̞̲̠̤ͭ̔̓͛̋́͊͊͡n̈͂͂҉̫͈̤̠̘̺ͅṫͬ̈̇͊́͂҉̶̯̠̖̺y̩͓͈͙̗̺̤̅ͯ͜͡ ̷̮̘̽͜͠N̦͕̘̪̝̈̆͗̒ͯͥ͢͡ĩ̋͏͔̺͡ǹ̷̻̠̦̭̣̝͈̆̅͆ͨ̇ͅḛ̱͍͇̙̱̼͕̇̾͋ͅt̨͙̲̗̯̞͖͈̘͂̎ͯ̆̔͊ͅh͎͔̘̖̠̬͉̐ͥ̄ͮͬ͐̎̈́ ̨̰̦̼͍̼͎ͣ̏͂̋P̪̩̬̞͊̆̉͌̆̅͢ǫ̯̳̹͔̳̲͖͔̲̒̏́̆͟l͖͉̦̻̻͊ͬ̊̽́̓ͦk̡̜̘̦̟̞̙͚̗̳͐͂̇a͎̝͈̱̰̱ͫ̇́ ͓̲̝̳͖̠̬̂̄ͣ͂̎͒ͫf̥͎̿ͩ̀̿̕͞o̡̢̠̙͆̾̿ͬ̂̓̋r̮̠͊ͧ ̧̲͙̏̂̔̿͠m̝͈̰̱͚̝̰̂y̴̷̲̜̹͇̹͋͂̌̔̀̊́̀ ̘̟̬̰͚̩͔̰ͩͧ͜͡ͅf̷̱̩̳̙̮͓ͧ͒̂̉ͥ̄̋e͊ͤ͛̍̓̈́ͫ͗͏͕͓̺̙l̘͎̤̺̥̘̻͈̲̍̾̀̈́͆͗̂͟l̨̜͉̟̬̙̜͚͈ͫ̐̀̇ͤo̘̙̰͕͈̩̹̽ͪ̈̈́ͣͅw̛̑ͦ͛͊͆ͯ͗҉̦̥ ͇͈̤̙̫ͧ̈́̑̀̐̌̄̄̽p̰͎̟͇̠ͦͧ̿̈́͋̅̉̌̓͘o͖͎̲̖̒̿̏͂ͯ̓͟͝ļ̶͕̩͎̟̤͚͈̌̽͑̀͋ͩ̾̃͌k̸̟͍̊͒͞a͉̞ͩ̋̊ͥ̕͠ ̙̘̮͔̣̤͎̲̍ͯ͒̂ͮ͟ͅl̛̝͕͉̹̯̜̗̲ͦ̿ͪ͑̋ōͨͦ́͏̺̭̼v̏͛ͮ̿̑҉҉̣̦̟̼e̵̲̯̗ͮ̿͒́͢ȓ͕̲̥͒̍ͫ

S̜̺͕͌ͥͫ̉ͯo̱̟͙͓̼̳̞̠͆̇m̵̪͕̬̝ͯ̊̀ͧ̈̔̿̍̀̚e̶͇̼͇̥͖ͤ͌͒̆ͅ ͇͕̦̻̥̣̹̒̀ͪ̿̀̓̚͟͜p̢̘͈̗̜̬͇̼̑͜u͛̽͛̆͑͋̾̚͟ͅͅṇ͕̖̻̂y̘̝͓̆͋̽̆͐̄̋͊ ̷̸̩͉͌̉͛͊̉ͨ͑͑m̧̻̮̪͎̏ͯ͑ͦ̈́͜͜ŏ̤̻͙͈̞̘̟̗̕r̡̟̖̭̾ͬ̎͞tͯ̐̋̿͗͞҉̦̠ą͖͔̰͔͊ͪ̉͐̎͌͐͡ͅl̡̹ͪͮ̎ͪ͊ͦͩ̀ ̨̦͚̱̦͒̕͜m͈̜̯̚͝a͉͈̹̟̎̽̃̿ͩ̅ͯ͐g̢͖͖ͯ͑̈́̀͆̍i͙̮̳͔͕͒ͪ̅̎͌͂̆̆́͘c̞̙͈̙̘̔̋ ̗͍̲͖̙̟͐ͪ̉͐̿ͮ́͠͞w͋̑ͭͥͦ͏̥͎̞̟̫̰͙͞͠o͕̺͚̮̫̎̽ͯͨ͗̑̆n̷̫̞̊̆̈͛̕͟'̴̬̜̙̙͊̽ͦ͢͜t̟̞̩̝̯͚̳̯ͭ̓̿ͤ̋̚͞ͅ ̧͊̊̌ͥͪ͏҉̞a̷̡̫ͦ̊̔͐̉̑f̼̦͖̠ͣ͋ͩͦ̃f̜͈̟͔̙͔̥ͩ̇̏̕ė̜̘̪̗̞̓́͟c̷͎̦̫͈̅̉̚t̡̃̓̎́̎̔͊̂͌͏̟͔̭̰̺̮͇̻̼ ̹͇̮̬̟͓̆͜͞y̜̰͉̰̫͓ͫ̅̑̒ͬ̽ͅỏͦ͏̩̩u̻̮̖̤̟͆͂̊̉̅ͧ̔̀͠͞.̵̙̯͎̩͕̲̥̩͋̿̒̿ͣ

4 - Fingers of elder being from other edge of multiverse sings more, crushing more orc minds. Number of sane orcs has plummeted to 20, while number of insane ones has risen to 70.

Quote from: Vlad the Impaler
Make forest of spears!

Mellow out, dude: 3+1 - No mellowing. Impaling!
Dance fever: 6+1 - No dancing, unless it involves murder!

2 - Murder happens slowly, but orc mages are dead. They had descended into insanity already so they wouldn't been much of challenge anyway.

Quote from: Monster of Udine
Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut

Mellow out, dude: 1+1 - No cut?
Dance fever: 5+1 - CUT!

Spectral surgeon is wondering what to do.

Last sane spirit summoner summons the King of Winds, the arch nemesis of bards who rely on music to archieve their miraculous magic. That's a tad problematic.

Remaining orcs who still manage to steel their will attack!

Guild Master:  4-1
Sosoku234: 2
ziizo: 4
Mallos: 1
Draignean: 2
Ultimuh:  5
Coolrune206: 6
KiwiOui: 2
crazyabe: 6-1
DolosusDoleus: 2
Maegil: 6

Only one who really fails to dodge is Mallos, which results damaged accordion.

S34N1C returns with fresh instrument (which may or may not be harmonica).

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The penalty box (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2016, 03:56:03 pm »

MUST PLAY AND DANCE HARDERRRRR
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2016, 04:45:38 pm »

Get the whistle, and leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

Stick the picks back in the bandoleer and start an easy 4-4 time Allegro ground bass on the damaged arm while pulling a basic melody's chords on the other, so that anyone who joins in can sinergise their potentials. Band together and orchestrate, guys!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:53:27 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2016, 05:06:51 pm »

Attempt throwing again.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2016, 05:37:41 pm »

Channel my shamanistic powers and use my Didgeridoo to empower the spirits I have previously summoned.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2016, 05:44:02 pm »

Screw this noise, use theremin majiks to bend the will of the nearest orc into obeying me.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2016, 08:20:34 pm »

Channel your rage, your blood-lust and all of your hatred towards orc-kind into a epic violin solo. Observe it's effects in everyone
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12