Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80051 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #345 on: January 22, 2017, 05:46:14 pm »

Always following from a very safe distance.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #346 on: January 22, 2017, 05:49:48 pm »

((Did my mind point regenerate on the way back?))

See about composing a ballad about how I killed the wizard amd those two bandits. The Ballad of Bill.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 22, 2017, 06:03:29 pm »

"You are making song? Is not right! You must regale the tale at a tavern! Song is only good if another makes it. Songs people make about themselves, Marcus thinks that is egotistic."

"Says the guy who's so full of himself."

"You wound me! Is confidence! Now, let's see about getting paid."

"I better get my share."

We're off to see the mayor, the wonderful mayor of money.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #348 on: January 23, 2017, 11:07:47 am »

Seems egan may have gotten lost on the way

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 23, 2017, 11:21:02 am »

Still here, just don't have an action more impactful than keep following these fellers.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #350 on: January 23, 2017, 01:56:45 pm »

Time for the hero moment.  Hold up the head while the crowd is watching us
((Did my mind point regenerate on the way back?))

See about composing a ballad about how I killed the wizard amd those two bandits. The Ballad of Bill.

"You are making song? Is not right! You must regale the tale at a tavern! Song is only good if another makes it. Songs people make about themselves, Marcus thinks that is egotistic."

"Says the guy who's so full of himself."

"You wound me! Is confidence! Now, let's see about getting paid."

"I better get my share."

We're off to see the mayor, the wonderful mayor of money.

((Berius, your mind is back to normal.))

Beethro pulls the head from its wrapping and holds it in front of him like a lantern in the dark or a talisman to ward off disbelief. He leads the group across the plains with it as Bill rides atop his spider and proclaims to all in earshot the heroism of his and the rest of the party's deeds. Unfortunately, Bill's ballad goes from heroic prose to a rather distressingly expansive description of gore and violence as the procession makes its way to the doors of the cathedral. As they pass within Bill, in his best singing voice, describes the way he "Cleft the vile creature's throat in twain and loosed a torrent of vital fluids," to a crowd of thankful, jubilant but also slightly unnerved onlookers. The fact that he is shouting this while riding a giant spider may also contribute to the fear he engenders.

Still, the crowd cheers and applauds, while shouting insults and curses upon the head in Beethro's hand. It is a great outpouring of bottled up hatred and fear, the breaking of a tension that had lasted months. No one had dared shout curses while the wizard was still alive, so that bile churned in their gut until now, when it burst forth all at once. Cries for lost sons and daughters, for livelihoods stolen, for fear that gripped their hearts at night.  The procession moves down the main street of the lower district, flanked on both sides by anyone still in town, until it reaches the elevator up to the upper district. Here the procession leaves the cheering, waving crowds behind and ascends into the much less populous streets above. Many of the buildings up here belong, or belonged, to the more well-to-do members of the town, or held shops that dealt with traders and travelers. But the shopkeepers and wealthy men had abandoned the town long ago, and the walk to the mayor's office is watched only by a few.

The group leaves the summons outside and ventures into the mayor's office, with Beethro bursting through the door first and tossing the head onto the mayor's desk.

"One dead wizard, as promised. Oh and we found a stash of the goods they stole, food mostly, out in the woods. We can guide you to it."

The mayor nearly falls backward out of his chair with a startled yelp as the head splats onto the papers in front of him. For a moment he looks at it in confusion, mind working to understand the situation that was so rudely thrust upon it. But then it clicks and a wide smile spreads across his ruddy face. He laughs and stands up, leaning over his desk and staring at the head before grabbing it by the hair and laughing again. He looks up at the group with a beaming countenance.

"I'll be. I'll BE! Killed him all, got some o' our trade back, and lost not a single lot of ya? Blast the naysayers to wherever this bastard now calls home, That guild o' yours does fine work indeed. I'll nail this demon's head flat to the cathedral doors and hang your banner from our steeple from now till providence burns us down."

He drops the head on his desk and waddles across the room to a shelf where he grabs a bronze set of scales. He sets it up on his desk and plops the head into one of the buckets before pulling a canvas bag out a box under his desk and pouring out silver pieces. He takes handfuls of coins and dumps them into the other bucket of the scale, laughing and talking to himself the entire time. He stacks coins until the scales balance and then, with a laugh adds a few more in, just for good measure. He dumps the bucket of silver pieces into a different sack and drops it on the desk with a jangling thud.

"Payment, as promised." The mayor says with a grin. His eyes drift across the group a bit more now, "Got a bit banged up eh? I know." He gets up and waddles to the door, pushing is way through the team and out to the street.  He points at three story home a few hundred yards down the street. It's an impressive thing, made of real wood unlike many of the metal houses in the lower district, all cozy and reminiscent of prewizard homes wrought large. Decorative wood paneling, wide windows, a big porch and a tall chimney.  "See that place? Former home of Family Tinns. Left us soon as things got bad. It's yours. You're welcome here s'long as ya want. Food will be a bit scanty till we get another shipment through but when we do they'll be feasting in your honor, that I know for sure."

He waddles back to his desk and sits down. staring back into the wizard's dead eyes.  "Go rest your bones and heal them wounds."

Always following from a very safe distance.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

You make it to the edge of the woods behind the group but...there you stay. There's far too many people waiting at the door; your danger magnets have attracted a horde of unknown people and you don't have time to consider the possible dangers of each and still keep up.  So you scamper behind a tree and sit down, watching as the procession disappears inside. You'll wait for the right moment to follow them. You have a great deal of practice at that sort of thing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 23, 2017, 02:08:16 pm »

"Moneeeee~"

Split the silver evenly with my four compatriots (no, Bill's summons do NOT get any silver).
Addendum: If bill insists on asking for money to pay his mind linked, non sentient minions which count as an extension of himself for purposes of killing wizards, then hit him with a crowbar. Because really.

Oh, also, I looted a couple sets of armor from the raiders, didn't I? See if the shopkeep would give me anything for those.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:20:21 pm by Egan_BW »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 23, 2017, 03:01:53 pm »

"Huzzah! Funds! Marcus's worries are draining into the void!"

"I get a share of that too, yeah?"

"Of course! Now, let's go see what we can buy!"

Shopping trip! I uh. Don't know how much money I have to work with. Why do we have to keep track of our own inventory again?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:07:05 pm by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #353 on: January 23, 2017, 03:12:00 pm »

Mister Mayor, your generosity is greatly appreciated. I would like to ask one more thing, if it would not strain your kindness. This sword was very useful to me in slaying the wizard, and I would like to keep it. Would you bring willing to write a note for me to give to the shopkeeper so that I may keep the sword, or at least get a discount when purchasing it?"

See about getting a note. Also take my share of the money, including a small fee for my summons who damn well earned it. Anybody who objects can go tell the summons why they aren't getting anything and see how they take it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 23, 2017, 03:17:30 pm »

"... Do your summons even understand the concept of money? I don't think they'd care."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 23, 2017, 03:22:10 pm »

((If we're paying Derm's daughter and your summons, we may as well pay my shotgun and Dev's really big sword.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #356 on: January 23, 2017, 03:27:44 pm »

Why do we have to keep track of our own inventory again?

Because I run a lot of games that all update every day and am in med school.

"Moneeeee~"

Split the silver evenly with my four compatriots (no, Bill's summons do NOT get any silver).

Oh, also, I looted a couple sets of armor from the raiders, didn't I? See if the shopkeep would give me anything for those.

You usher the entire group, minus the summons, into the newly gifted house. The door is unlocked and the interior is in a strange state of being partially abandoned. It's a lovely place, all dark wood carefully hand carved with thick red rugs atop hardwood floors. There are nice overstuffed chairs and dark wood tables and shelves and dressers, but everything is bare and dusty. Clearly the Tinn family took everything personal and left the furniture behind.

You walk over to the nearest table, dump out the sack of coins, and start separating them into individual piles. After a few minutes, you have four stacks of 42 coins with two coins left over.

"Forty-two coins a piece boys.  Not bad for a day's work." You scoop up the two extras and jiggle them around in your hand. "What we gonna do with these? Change'em out to coppers and split them?"

Mister Mayor, your generosity is greatly appreciated. I would like to ask one more thing, if it would not strain your kindness. This sword was very useful to me in slaying the wizard, and I would like to keep it. Would you bring willing to write a note for me to give to the shopkeeper so that I may keep the sword, or at least get a discount when purchasing it?"

See about getting a note. Also take my share of the money, including a small fee for my summons who damn well earned it. Anybody who objects can go tell the summons why they aren't getting anything and see how they take it.

The Mayor assures you that the shopkeeper will give you a discount without a note. And if he doesn't, then you can come back and he'll write you a note then.

As per your taking of extra money, well, thats gotta be worked out between the players now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 23, 2017, 03:35:24 pm »

((Ah well, just as well that you started the turn before I edited some whacking in...))

Toss the extra two silver to Alanna. She's pretty much the mvp of this mission.

And go sell this darned armor!

Dammit, wasting my time. Hit him with my crowbar.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:25:58 am by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 23, 2017, 04:51:50 pm »

"I'm kinda agreeing with Gordon Freeman here, but in the interests of peace, I'll make you a deal, Bill.

You're invited to the party we're having tonight, and I will foot the bill for all of you, so none of you have to pay.  Also, there might be some extra pay for selling this vision fluid and finding the owner of this octagonal compass.  If you're willing to find buyers, you're welcome to them."

Do this only if the falling out between Bill and Gordon is unknown.

Take the money, it's party time!

(I'll see if I can find a smitemaster's guild flag for you.  In setting they should have one, but I don't know if it exists.)

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:24:39 am by Devastator »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 23, 2017, 05:01:33 pm »

((Oh, there will be whacking. Bill don't tolerate your shit. And neither your shotgun nor Dev's sword can track bandits and keep us from getting ambushed.))

"Freeman, you piece of shit. We both know that my creatures pulled more weight than you did. You managed to kill one fucking bandit after wasting time doing nothing useful while the rest of us fought the first group and then running into their fucking camp like an idiot. Alanna can have the money, she obviously earned her share more than you did, but you better step outside. We're going to settle this like men, and I'd hate to get blood on the floor of this nice house. I challenge you to fisticuffs."

"And I appreciate your desire to make peace, Beethro, but it's a matter of principle now. The principle of how the least fucking useful person here has no right to decide who gets paid what. If you would like to come outside and observe so that we don't do too much damage to each other, that would probably be a good idea."

Take Gordon outside and punch him in the jaw. Preferably in a way that knocks him out instead of killing him. If he tries to go for his gun at any point like a dishonorable cur, cut him down with my sword instead. If he objects, just punch him in the face. Don't turn my back on him either.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:25:57 pm by Beirus »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53