Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80049 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #375 on: January 25, 2017, 01:19:58 am »

"Marcus thinks maybe a few more guild jobs before we set off into the unknown! We have the gear, but now we need a money surplus for traveling. Marcus once went three weeks without proper toiletries. Had to make use of local plants! Haha, Marcus is very resourceful! And bad at identifying poison ivy. Was dark time."

"... ew."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #376 on: January 25, 2017, 11:58:01 pm »

Gordon props himself up into a kneel, leaning heavily on his crowbar.
"There, you got what you wanted. Now are you going to fuck off with the small fortune I just handed you, or am I going to have to redistribute your wealth among the rest of the party?"

Watch Bill. If he attacks, dodge and reposition myself to an advantageous stance. If he pulls any magic bullshit, including his sword or his summons, blast his face off.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Yo PW, what about my armor mitigating damage? Wouldn't I have 4 HP?))

Bill spits a glob of blood on the ground by Gordon before laughing heartily. "Was that a threat? You seem to have an unwarranted high opinion of yourself. You couldn't even use your fists like an honorable man, and saying you swing that crowbar like a girl would be an insult to Alanna. I barely hit you, and it looks like a tap more would knock you out. I don't want to kill you, so consider the matter settled. C'mon, let's go spend that small fortune. Or at least part of it." Bill says before offering a hand to help Gordon to his feet.

Help Gordon to his feet. Then go see about purchasing my sword, with a discount.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Bill's jovial proclamation takes Gordon off guard.

"Seriously? I just knocked you through a fucking window and now you wanna go hang out? Did I knock something loose in there? You having a friendly stroke?"

"Nonsense, Tiny man, I simply realized the nature of my bigness. Come, let us waste our fortunes." Bill pulls Gordon up and wraps an arm around his shoulders. He leads Gordon away, laughing the entire time, while Gordon continues to look around in abject confusion as to what is going on, mildly afraid he's being lead to his death. But Bill drags him to the shop down the road instead. Bill sets his sabre of cold on the counter, but keeps his hand on it as the shopkeeper walks over.

"This is a good weapon. It helped me rid this town of its wizard problem. I was hoping you could sell it to me."

"Mhm" The shopkeeper says, looking at his clipboard, "Well, normally I'd charge you at least a gold piece for it. But I'll let you have it for what I bought it for. 50 silver."

((Bill, If I were you I'd update your sheet. That grimoire is gone and you have money now, for starters.))

"Ah, it seems things have calmed down maybe. See? Best solution is sometimes let things work themselves out."

"Someone could have gotten seriously injured."

"Ah, but there is positive. We would have gotten their share."

"That's kind of heartless, isn't it?"

"Bah, we have only done one mission togather. Fire forged bonds take more than just one wizard. Four wizards maybe."

"Hm."

"Also, Marcus has just remembered that he was greviously injured. Marcus will now colla-"

"Ah! Not on me, in the bed! Ugh! I'm going to have to lug your heavy ass upstairs aren't I?"

Seems like it's time for the 'time skip rest' because I can't think of anything else to do.
I'm down with resting, partying (I think I own that innkeep a party), and pulling the nails out.

Personally, I'm fine going with whatever.  My plans, such as they were, were to have a party, rest up, and then accompany a caravan to the next town and see what that's like.  If we're setting up a guild to let people hire us, I'd be tempted to leave Alanna behind to run it, as that would be putting someone we trust in that position, while not leaving a PC out of the game.

Also, if we're going with DROD-stuff, I wouldn't worry about canon, as Beethro's world, the Eighth, is so strange that it could have come out of your mind, so I'm fine with playing an expy.  (If it's actually Beethro, he could have climbed out of a door set into the ground, or fell out of the sky)

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)
"Alanna, I am injured! What ho and forsooth! Unconsciousness comes to me!"

"You've already walked several miles with those wounds what's another few hundred feet!"

Marcus playfully leans on Alanna as the two walk back, speaking in the best melodramatic prose he can while bemoaning his own mortal injuries. The two pass Gordon and Bill on the way back. Bill waves, Gordon asks them if they put Bill up to this. Marcus and Alanna wave before hurrying on. Once back at the house the two of them choose a room with two beds and unshoulder their heavy loads. Alanna helps Marcus out of his armor and bandages the wound in his side ((Add to Sheet "Ax wound scar on left ribs)) before they return downstairs. They find Beethro standing next to the broken window, examining the frame.

"I swear, the man gets one freaking wizard's worth of magic in his blood and suddenly he's pulling people through windows," Beethro says, flicking a piece of glass out of the frame.

"I saw them walking back towards the shop as we came back, all buddy buddy too."

"Let's hope he's just weird, not unhinged."

"Speaking of, you know you still have nails stuck in you, right?"

"I suppose I do."

"Lemme get those out."

((Beethro, add puncture scars on left palm and Left Thigh.))

I'mma go sneak around the cathedral, looking around the outside for alternative entrances--I know as well as the others that there must be one--but also just to explore the exterior.  Any interesting environs around the place?  Or is it all metal forests and fields everywhere?

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)
You strap the rifle to your back and go crawling off through the woods, circling round the cathedral at a great distance. The Ironwood takes up most of the southern land around the Cathedral but back near the rear of the building it curves away and is replaced by flowing fields of spearwheat and a river of mercury. There are grasses here that are different from the ones back in the forest, that make hissing noises as the wind passes through them, and flowers coated in Titanium Oxide that shine with garishly bright rainbow colors. [14] You circle in from the back and walk along the outer wall until you find what looks like a blue tarp sticking out of under some bricks along the outer wall of the cathedral. This is the way in, you're almost positive.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 26, 2017, 12:42:58 pm »

Have that party.  Oh, and see if anyone knows anything about that 'compass'.  Drink the vision fluid sometime in the next week.  Re-string guitar and try some playing.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 26, 2017, 01:12:33 pm »

Um. I guess Marcus goes to check the job board or equivalent personage and Alanna attempts to wrest the cooking equipment from Beethro and start on some semblence of Dinner. It is around that time? Or is it still lunch vicinity?

I get a kind of mental roadblock during periods of downtime and don't know what to do. I want to go do the 'week long rest' for full strength and get on the next job but I guess that's not available as an action until everyone does it simultaneously. :v

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:09:10 pm by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 26, 2017, 01:16:20 pm »

"I'm afraid I don't have that much, but I have this bottle of flame syrup. The wizard that made it is dead, so it would probably be difficult to find more. It burns things well. If nothing else, it'd make a good firestarter. I also have this meat cleaver. Would you be willing to reduce the price in exchange for them?"

Barter.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 26, 2017, 02:17:18 pm »

((I can empathize, Derm.  My char's much too psychotic to go into town, so I have fairly little to do while waiting.  Ah well, I can figure stuff out...))

Go examine the spearwheat.  Could I carefully remove some of the spears near the edge without being harmed?  If so, I'll try to collect a good bundle of the sturdier spears. ((See timeskip action below.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #381 on: January 26, 2017, 02:52:25 pm »

Really right now we're just waiting on the finishing of transactions before we time skip. If you're ready for that time skip, just give me the action you'd like to do for your week here and we're good.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 26, 2017, 03:08:45 pm »

I don't wish to purchase anything, unless I can trade my soldier's weapon for a d10 (really big sword), with money.  If so, sell the d8 sword for a d10 sword

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 26, 2017, 03:08:50 pm »

I see!

Well then.

Alanna practices her marksmanship, preferably in such a manner that doesn't deplete our ammo, and Marcus recoveres from his injuries fully. If another action doesn't impede that, he works out because Marcus does not skip leg day.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 26, 2017, 03:17:31 pm »

Present two sets of Flimsy Armor to the shop keep. Ask if he'd give me anything for them.
((If you don't want to faff about with buying things for several turns, you should hop on IRC or similar and discuss with me.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 26, 2017, 07:58:46 pm »

I'm gonna stay outside the cathedral for the whole week, making a small hide to sleep and stay within.  Then, I'll spend the first couple days quietly harvesting spearwheat, and hiding it just inside the tunnel if farmers might come out this way, and after a fair amount is harvested, I'll dig a pit in front of the secret tunnel and fill it with spearwheat spikes.  Safety is danger for other people.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #386 on: January 27, 2017, 12:11:36 pm »

"I'm afraid I don't have that much, but I have this bottle of flame syrup. The wizard that made it is dead, so it would probably be difficult to find more. It burns things well. If nothing else, it'd make a good firestarter. I also have this meat cleaver. Would you be willing to reduce the price in exchange for them?"

Barter.

[11]
You manage to, after a fair deal of haggling and gratuitous use of guilt, not to mention a bit of threatening, get him to accept your 42 silver, a bottle of flame syrup, and the Cleaver.

Present two sets of Flimsy Armor to the shop keep. Ask if he'd give me anything for them.
((If you don't want to faff about with buying things for several turns, you should hop on IRC or similar and discuss with me.))

I'll do that.

I don't wish to purchase anything, unless I can trade my soldier's weapon for a d10 (really big sword), with money.  If so, sell the d8 sword for a d10 sword
You could, but only if you talk him into giving you full price for it. Wanna try?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:53:03 pm by piecewise »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 27, 2017, 12:50:38 pm »

Gordon convinces the shopkeeper to pay 20 silver for two sets of second hand flimsy armor. 62 silver.
Buy a really OP revolver. (d10. Comes with 6 bullets. Costs 50 Silver) 12 Silver.
Buy a First-Aid Kit for 10 silver. 2 Silver
Buy one box of ammo for each of my guns. 0 Silver.

Spoiler: Gordon Freeman (click to show/hide)

Commence long rest.
Eat the best food I can find and lounge about.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:59:24 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 27, 2017, 01:14:09 pm »

You could, but only if you talk him into giving you full price for it. Wanna try?

I'd like to, but that wouldn't leave any money for the party.  Nope.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #389 on: January 27, 2017, 08:50:05 pm »

So, bill, anything left to do or am I gonna get a timeskip action now?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53