Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 24: The Squared  (Read 43304 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [9/40]: Tick -1: The Big Beginning
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2016, 01:50:20 pm »

Proposal: We Make the World out of Muda, and in doing so make it impossible for him to do anything.

"I'm curious how making Everything from a divine being is supposed to make them powerless. Perhaps you'd like to expand on this madness?"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2016, 02:05:31 pm »

Spoiler: Proposal Feedback (click to show/hide)

"Design process requires vigorous testing and feedback mutual exclusion would reduce efficiency dramatically. Member interactions produce optimal conditions for high level multi-axial testing of designs."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:56:13 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2016, 02:26:42 pm »

Further proposal: Celestial souls.

Description: Once a mortal dies their soul travels into the sky above where, from an outside perspective, they will shine as a star, even if due to metaphysics the soul itself experiences whatever afterlife they go to. As such the more populous afterlives will shine brighter, being small suns, and souls without an afterlife will simply drift as independent stars, looking down at the world below, and perhaps guiding people. Gods may choose the colour(s) their afterlife shines as.

When a soul reincarnates it will return to the world as a shooting star, rapidly become once more invisible to most mortal senses as it nears the world of the living.
Project Title: Celestial Souls
Feedback: Support w/ Addendum: Members who wish to opt out of system may do so.
Notes: additional suggestion: afterlives of individual gods form constellations; number of stars, constellations, and apparent magnitude of stars (with standard deviations) described by mathematical formulae to be described at a later time. Parameters: Stars/Constellation|[2, >20], Constellations|[1,<5], Magnitude|[-3,6]
Support all this.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2016, 02:43:59 pm »

"Hello Amber, I'm vimbr"
"...You seem familiar."
[Panzer, The Bestest God and Bestest Armor]

Amber quietly paws at their kinda burned face and the fire she can feel flowing under her skin and in a cracked and crackling voice with a relatively friendly undertone.
"Nice to meet you all I am Amber."

Panzer chuckles, the rerebraces (upperarm plates) and pauldrons (shoulder plates) materialize on her. Then some tassets (hip plates) as well.
Panzer is now an animate legless suit of armor. She puts her hand on her chest.
"I, am Panzer. The greatest of armors, and greatest of gods."
She takes the hand of her chest.
"I am perfect."
She closes the hand.
"In every way."
"Intresting."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [9/40]: Tick -0.5: Genesis
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2016, 03:00:09 pm »

Disc-shaped GodSea with water oceans: +1
GodSea: -1
Flip-flop to 0 and +1, respectively.

"(On the other hand...)" (phrase of music) "(...blood is cooler.)"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2016, 03:04:53 pm »

"Is it that I am talking so much above your heads that you can not understand simple concepts? These are not visions of the future, they are statements of fact. Warning him would do nothing to change this, it is written as they say. Surprise and the ire of my lessers are of no concern to me, such things are irrelevant to the success of the operation."
"And again I have to tell you that words mean nothing compared to solid proof of which you have none, when you actually manage to kill Iram then I will believe you, that is, if you actually can do it." Ne'tharil then made a couple of colored flowers that clumped together to form a kind of list.
Spoiler: The list (click to show/hide)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2016, 04:35:44 pm »

"The celestial souls idea seem acceptable."
-he looks at amber.-
"How so?"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2016, 04:45:01 pm »

She blinks looking at you slowly.
"I feel like we met And we were friends...."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2016, 05:57:53 pm »

the Reason why we need lots of space is Not because any one of us is shy, it is because if we were too near for too long a time we would Tear each other apart. Perhaps having a Disc per a god, With a Single Much larger Communal Disc in the Center of the Universe and a Cheap method of Creating more discs? Beyond that Each Disc Could be "Attuned" to the God that it was meant for and thus have some features relating to that god's Spheres.
"I like that. "

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2016, 06:00:52 pm »

"There's no point in creating a world for all of us if we're going to keep our own separate corners. If we're going to do that, we'd each be better creating our own planes for our own things.

That would be quite boring.
"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2016, 06:03:40 pm »

That is why I Suggested we have a Much larger One that was for all in the center, Each of our own would be around 100 Miles, while the Center would be Ten-thousand Times that amount.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2016, 06:07:24 pm »

"A non-solution. There is nothing stopping a god from ignoring that and sticking to their own bit, ignoring the melting pot in the center, depriving a poor race of the joy of multiculturalism. Unacceptable!"

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2016, 06:08:35 pm »

"If we made the communal space as our playground we could keep our own discs as haven for creations unfit for communal disc. If each god had their own disc we could see an actual war god battleground or a cog world without interfering with the ocean disc. Communal space would remain important to all power player gods as control of the comspace would ensure great edges over minor gods. "
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 06:10:30 pm by Detoxicated »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2016, 06:18:44 pm »

Khava Baras tilts to look at Cliche curiously.

"Requesting clarification: what would member Cliche suggest to prevent described scenario? Allowing for certain degree of privacy seems ideal to ensure maximum creativity and long-term cooperation without depriving projects of feedback and reorientation when necessary. A member who chooses to avoid interaction with others will fail to keep up with research demands when check-up is required."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2016, 07:15:34 pm »

"LISTEN, I'M ALL FOR THE BLOODY GODSEA! BUT I'M CONCERNED ABOUT THE PROPERTIES OF BLOOD! BLOOD IS THICK AND COAGULATES WHEN IT'S OUTSIDE OF A BODY FOR LONG ENOUGH, AND DOESN'T FLOW NEARLY AS WELL AS WATER! WHY DON'T WE JUST MAKE IT SO THAT THE BLOOD IN THE GODSEA, HAS THE PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF WATER, BUT HAS THE MATERIAL COMPOSITION OF BLOOD? IT'D BE THE SAME THING, JUST EASIER ON THE MORTALS! I MEAN, YOU CAN'T REALLY HAVE A WHIRLPOOL OR TIDAL WAVES WITH COAGULATED LIQUID, AND MOST OF US ONLY WANT THE BLOOD FOR THE COOL FACTOR! MAKING OCEAN BLOOD HAVE THE PROPERTIES OF WATER, WHILE HAVING THE SAME MATERIAL COMPOSITION AS BLOOD IS THE WAY TO GO! I THINK! ALSO, WHAT IF SOMEONE MAKES SOME KIND OF BLOODBORNE SUPER HERPES!?! WE SHOULD HAVE SOME KIND OF PLAN TO PREVENT SOMETHING LIKE THAT FROM KILLING ALL OF THE MORTALS!"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36