Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Propose solutions to excess Essence

Provide 7 ticks to deplete or it vanishes (current)
- 1 (10%)
Apply to raise caps
- 3 (30%)
Spray Essence out randomly!
- 4 (40%)
Provide 3 ticks to deplete or it vanishes
- 2 (20%)
Both raise caps and apply to raise caps?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Ye Gods 5 OOC [0/40]  (Read 12465 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 OOC [0/40]
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2016, 11:40:25 pm »

*Coughblatantspeculationcough*
Not really. Most of this is based on previous commentary from KJP or outright specified in the rules.

You're doing great with the passive-aggressiveness like usual though.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:42:41 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2016, 11:43:53 pm »

Thank you for the answers, Demonic Spoon, though I'll wait for Kilojoule Proton before deciding on anything. I meant to say Fluff, not Cliff, autocorrect is the bane of my existence.

By incorporeal I don't mean impossible to touch, just that they aren't physically present in the Mortal World but are technically there, just unable to do anything but watch and subtly influence mortals with the right mindset. They'd be impossible to detect to anyone without Magic detection abilities/Godly help, unless summoned, or rarely, ((once every decade or two)) when they manifest, in which case they do nothing to conceal themselves.

Not really. Most of this is based on previous commentary from KJP or outright specified in the rules.

You're doing great the passive-aggressiveness like usual though.

I doubt Iram will be the primary source of conflict in this World. Also, yipee! Disks and color changing red water!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2016, 11:46:14 pm »

I doubt Iram will be the primary source of conflict in this World.

Please do try however. Mavnon will really appreciate it.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2016, 11:54:06 pm »

I doubt Iram will be the primary source of conflict in this World.

Please do try however. Mavnon will really appreciate it.

Oh don't worry, there will be conflict, one way or another...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2016, 11:56:06 pm »

You're doing great with the passive-aggressiveness like usual though.

Thanks! Your's could use a little work though.

Thank you for the answers, Demonic Spoon, though I'll wait for Kilojoule Proton before deciding on anything. I meant to say Fluff, not Cliff, autocorrect is the bane of my existence.

By incorporeal I don't mean impossible to touch, just that they aren't physically present in the Mortal World but are technically there, just unable to do anything but watch and subtly influence mortals with the right mindset. They'd be impossible to detect to anyone without Magic detection abilities/Godly help, unless summoned, or rarely, ((once every decade or two)) when they manifest, in which case they do nothing to conceal themselves.

I doubt Iram will be the primary source of conflict in this World. Also, yipee! Disks and color changing red water!
Don't worry, his death will be swift :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2016, 12:31:08 am »

$$$ Price check $$$

Spoiler: Dimma (click to show/hide)

Sorry, that might be a bit to look through.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2016, 02:04:06 am »

$$$ Price check $$$

Spoiler: Dimma (click to show/hide)

Sorry, that might be a bit to look through.
... now my E'lai aren't special anymore....
Which of the following ideas do you like the most? Not IC, which one OOC you think is best.

- Strong, Durable, Overenthusiastic, Very Talented at Warfare, and Ignorant but prone to rare bouts of Wisdom, miniature Irams with a Spartan/Norse/Neolithic Warrior Culture and a tendency to wage constant war on/raid and pillage each other and their neighbors.

- Weak, Clumsy, Short-Lived, Primitive, and Stupid but Fast Breeding, Constantly Beserk, Talented at Warfare, and Extremely Impulsive Animalistic Goatmen with a tendency to form massive nomadic Hordes.

- Not a mortal race, but a race of ageless, mostly incorporeal, capable of slowly reproducing, extremely weak, vaguely demonic, ((Warhammer 40k fans, think Khornate)) Divine Servants that watch over Battles and guide slain Warriors to a War based afterlife if they choose to follow them instead of going to reincarnate/going to their Deity's afterlife. Along with inspiring Warriors in their dreams before a Battle, giving the particularly bloodthirsty increased fury and bravery in a fight, and inspiring mortals to deeds of unneccessesary violence, anywhere from starting a bar fight to inspiring mortal civilizations to war. They could be temporarily summoned by a fanatical follower of Iram or a particularly violent or bloodthirsty and powerful mage to assist them in combat, as 12 feet tall, demonic embodiments of pure rage, savagery, and warfare incarnate, with 20x peak human attributes, masterful nonmagical combat skills and equipment, that passively inspire blind rage and heroic valor in all weak-willed mortals/followers of Iram around them. They generate a somewhat powerful anti-magic Field and under very rare circumstances, will appear in the midst of a fierce battle and undiscrimanately butcher their way through the throng, in an attempt to reach fight the strongest warriors on both sides. They may also appear to do battle with strong Warriors or Adventurers that desperately want to prove themselves in combat. If slain by mundane means, they vanish into a cloud of black ashes with the smell of sulfur and brimstone, and go back to Iram's afterlife to recuperate for a few centuries before going back to the material plane.
Obviously the 3rd one, cause warhammer 40k
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2016, 03:15:47 am »

hector13: 4 Basic races: If they're reasonably similar to each other on average, it would be fine as fluff for a single race. They probably take up multiple actions only when they have outright different tiers or wildly divergent stats.

Ardent Debater:
    1x30E Divine heroes vs 3x10E Epic heroes: Depends on the situation, I'd imagine, although the Divine hero definitely has a better chance of coming back from such a fight in a timely fashion. At the same time, having more heroes allows for more parallelization.
    Commanding agents: "Free" action, updated policy
    10E avatar vs 10E hero: Avatar, temporaries are often much better than permanents as DS mentioned
    Higher tiers and income: Worship is solely based on population units (an abstraction for actual population), but higher tiers do provide influence income which may help with the investment at low total incomes.
    Reproduction, lifespan: Fluff
    Tick length: IC: Completely unknown; OOC: Hopefully 24-48 hours
    Large landmark: Depends on crunch. Most things would be very cheap unless gods could probably benefit disproportionately from them (e.g. the Giant Library)
    Influence instead of Worship: At the moment, yes, but it is horribly inefficient. I'm looking for something better than the current delayed-partial-refund-on-public-expensives
    Subsist s. followers: In theory, yes. In practice, best not to until the system improves.

$$$Response

gman8181: Dimma: It appears they've already been set as Advanced tier, but Elite tier may help with survivability. Advanced leaves very little room for physical attributes, but this may be intended

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2016, 08:02:57 am »

... now my E'lai aren't special anymore....
Just noticed that you created a semi similar race. :o

I based my design off the concept of illusion/mirage like fog creatures who take on different shapes to scare people or coax them into a state of false security by appearing as something friendly or familiar. They don't gain their attributes because essentially they're still just a condensed fog like substance taking on different shapes. The pacts part is because it's one of my spheres.

I think despite the powers being somewhat similar, the concepts are probably different enough that they're both still unique.

Although I'm curious what other people think.
Sure thing peanut man!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2016, 08:13:23 am »

Well, sorta got an idea for later, so...

¥¥¥ Pricecheck
Spoiler: Slime People (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:25:01 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2016, 05:19:14 pm »

Pricechecks$$$
Spoiler: Cogknots (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironwood Trees (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2016, 05:59:39 pm »

Alright, I'm going to revise the Dumma a bit and create them later.

Should I assume most racial traits are effectively fluff unless stated otherwise?
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2016, 01:29:59 am »

gman8181: Most traits except for magic and tech are "fluff" in that they don't have a fixed price but useful ones can still influence the final tier, which ideally takes into account traits that compensate for each other. When in doubt, feel free to price check or pick a tier and upgrade as necessary later

$$$Response
Happy Demon: Slime people: Advanced-Elite

crazyabe:
    Cogknots: Probably Elite
    Ironwood trees: 0E

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2016, 10:45:42 am »

So, I guess it's been a while since the last Ye Gods game I played. I think it was Round 2? I briefly looked at the rules for each to see what changed but does any kind soul want to give me a bit of a rundown on the most major changes just in case I missed something?

Down below is what I noticed so far and some of my thoughts on it for whatever that's worth.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sure thing peanut man!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2016, 10:50:32 am »

does any kind soul want to give me a bit of a rundown on the most major changes just in case I missed something?
You missed that there is now a limit to actions per turn. At current player count, 3 each of free and costly actions. Additional actions cost more E xor risk failure/perversion.

Magic seems similar.
This is about to change.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11