Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Propose solutions to excess Essence

Provide 7 ticks to deplete or it vanishes (current)
- 1 (10%)
Apply to raise caps
- 3 (30%)
Spray Essence out randomly!
- 4 (40%)
Provide 3 ticks to deplete or it vanishes
- 2 (20%)
Both raise caps and apply to raise caps?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Ye Gods 5 OOC [0/40]  (Read 12462 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 OOC [0/40]
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2016, 07:17:03 am »

$$$ pricecheck
an indestructible artufact increasing a stat like intelligence or strength by 50% 100% 200%

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2016, 09:12:46 am »

"Interesting that the disc worlds with communal space Do not appear in your proposalogs even though many people declared interest in such an idea. "
KJP left it out on purpose. The reasoning:
One proposal has been removed for violating the single-world constraint in spirit if not in letter.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2016, 04:12:58 pm »

"Interesting that the disc worlds with communal space Do not appear in your proposalogs even though many people declared interest in such an idea. "
KJP left it out on purpose. The reasoning:
One proposal has been removed for violating the single-world constraint in spirit if not in letter.
ah thanks... i thought it was well played rhetorics... sorry about the bother than...

$$$price check
Gowler

Clouds of sand as tall as elephants. They contain ancient bones that
rattle, they speak through the skulls present within the cloud. They slow
down considerably when they are soaked wet. Strangely emotional, these
hyper empathic beings can share their entire knowledge through a
complicated ritual with others of their kind. These elemental forces of
nature are very adept at magic especially elemental magic. Each skull
within the sand cloud has an own gem like glowing pair of eyes.

By hardening the sand and using the bones present within the cloud they
can manipulate their environment. Often they will form humanoid shapes,
but eccentric ones have been seen creating weird unseen bodyparts. They
have raspy voices and they can easily dodge attacks by dematerializing
into a wide cloud.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2016, 05:04:45 pm »

Was my Suggestion that each god gets their own Island invalid? because I don't see it under the proposals...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2016, 05:05:45 pm »

Was my Suggestion that each god gets their own Island invalid? because I don't see it under the proposals...

Probably breaks the "only one world" thing like the last one did.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2016, 05:16:31 pm »

Enjoy the 5E essence tax?
Shucks. You got me.

gman8181: Participating this Tick would be fine, but do try to put one support out even if it's for a self-proposal intended to fail (e.g. "A world in the form of a moldy peanut")
And... Done. Hurray for weather. Although as usual, I find myself disinterested in the shape of the world. Never could figure out if it actually affects anything and I don't have any particular desire for all the crazy shapes people seem to want. Discs and spirals and triangles oh my!

Edit: By the way, your joke suggestion is by far the most creative yet. If it wasn't horribly out of character, I'd totally go for that. :P
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2016, 01:37:39 am »

$$$

Tears: A cyan material composed of tiny robotic constructs called tearites. Tears are created in areas of conflict. The emotions of conflict (such as rage, envy or ambition) over time congeal into physical particles, which eventually form a tearite. Most conflicts will fail to form any usable Tears unless technology or magic is used to gather these small particles into a harvestable amount. However, events such as palace coups, great battles or terribly great social inequality will result in tear formation. This is where the magic happens.

Natural tears are solid in form and can't be used for much. In contact with blood however, tears became incredibly potent. It becomes volatile, quickly turning into a liquid substance. This can be ingested to hugely amplify magical abilities/wisdom/intelligence but also makes results in a much more emotive state. If exposed to steel, tears can be used as excellent building materials or armaments. The attributes of the tear-steel alloy is well, steel-like. If however performed by a tear-fueled smith, the tear-steel alloy will have similar (if not as good) properties as what the smith is thinking about during the smithing process. A final use of tears is mixing it with mercury. Doing so results in a highly volatile, highly explosive powder that if ignited, results in the area around the impact radius bursting into plasma.

While natural tears can only be gathered in places of great conflict, artificial tears may be created by placing solid natural tears into the belly of a living organism. This will result in the tears slowly converting the organism until the whole creature is made of tears. The amount of initial tears required to start the conversion process is proportional to the size of the organism. Sapient organisms result in faster growth but non-sapient organisms work as well.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2016, 09:42:04 pm »

gman8181: Moldy peanuts: There is now such a thing as damning with actual praise. :P

$$$Response
Detoxicated: Indestructible artifact increasing stats: Depending on bonus and highest affected tier, potentially Elite+, keeping in mind that nothing is truly Gindestructible
    Clouds of sand: Probably Epic

micelus: Tears: Probably Epic-Divine

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2016, 10:02:30 pm »

Time to get the creative juices flowing. The question is, what would a knowledge god create. . .
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2016, 10:04:05 pm »

So... I want to create 4 basic races, but at the same time, and ever so slightly different from one another. Would this count as 4 separate actions or one really big one?

They'll just be basic stereotypical vocational folks: farmers, craftsmen merchants and... something else I haven't decided on yet. Probably academics. So Strong, Dextrous, Charismatic and Intelligent/Wise focuses, respectively.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 10:06:11 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2016, 11:22:21 pm »

KJP, I have a few questions.

- Which is more powerful, one 30 Essence strong Divine Servant, or three 10 Essence strong Divine Servants working together?
- Can Divine Servants do actions for their Patron Deity beyond the 3 Action limit without the 2 Essence Tax?
- Which is more powerful, a temporary 10 Essence strong manifestation of a Deity, or a 10 Essence strong Divine Servant?
- Do higher Tier races provide more Essence income than lower Tier races, or is it all dependent on population numbers?
- Does a mortal race having a high reproduction rate or high lifespan have any in-game effect beyond fluff?
- How long are Ticks going to be? Both IC and OOC.
- How much Essence does it cost to make a large landmark that is accessible to mortals? ((Like a Giant Library, a Golden Mountain, a Magical Hot Spring, etc.))
- Is gaining Essence through Influence rather than/alongside by Worship a mechanic in this Ye Gods?
- If a Deity doesn't create a race of followers, can they subsist on Influence?

Also, everyone, I have several different race creation ideas and I'm having trouble deciding which I should choose...

Which of the following ideas do you like the most? Not IC, which one OOC you think is best.

- Strong, Durable, Overenthusiastic, Very Talented at Warfare, and Ignorant but prone to rare bouts of Wisdom, miniature Irams with a Spartan/Norse/Neolithic Warrior Culture and a tendency to wage constant war on/raid and pillage each other and their neighbors.

- Weak, Clumsy, Short-Lived, Primitive, and Stupid but Fast Breeding, Constantly Beserk, Talented at Warfare, and Extremely Impulsive Animalistic Goatmen with a tendency to form massive nomadic Hordes.

- Not a mortal race, but a race of ageless, mostly incorporeal, capable of slowly reproducing, extremely weak, vaguely demonic, ((Warhammer 40k fans, think Khornate)) Divine Servants that watch over Battles and guide slain Warriors to a War based afterlife if they choose to follow them instead of going to reincarnate/going to their Deity's afterlife. Along with inspiring Warriors in their dreams before a Battle, giving the particularly bloodthirsty increased fury and bravery in a fight, and inspiring mortals to deeds of unneccessesary violence, anywhere from starting a bar fight to inspiring mortal civilizations to war. They could be temporarily summoned by a fanatical follower of Iram or a particularly violent or bloodthirsty and powerful mage to assist them in combat, as 12 feet tall, demonic embodiments of pure rage, savagery, and warfare incarnate, with 20x peak human attributes, masterful nonmagical combat skills and equipment, that passively inspire blind rage and heroic valor in all weak-willed mortals/followers of Iram around them. They generate a somewhat powerful anti-magic Field and under very rare circumstances, will appear in the midst of a fierce battle and undiscrimanately butcher their way through the throng, in an attempt to reach fight the strongest warriors on both sides. They may also appear to do battle with strong Warriors or Adventurers that desperately want to prove themselves in combat. If slain by mundane means, they vanish into a cloud of black ashes with the smell of sulfur and brimstone, and go back to Iram's afterlife to recuperate for a few centuries before going back to the material plane.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:27:20 pm by Ardent Debater »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2016, 11:27:04 pm »

"Divine" is currently a rank of *quality*, so you should probably just say Servants to avoid confusion/joke answers :P.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2016, 11:28:31 pm »

"Divine" is currently a rank of *quality*, so you should probably just say Servants to avoid confusion/joke answers :P.

Point taken.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2016, 11:33:28 pm »

I'll give some answers based on my own understanding and stuff KJP has answered/responded to me before, but KJP can feel free to correct.
KJP, I have a few questions.

- Which is more powerful, one 30 Essence strong Divine Servant, or three 10 Essence strong Divine Servants working together?
Tier is important for agents. You need to spend enough essence to get to the next tier or there isn't much difference between a 18-19E Divine Agent or a 30E one, since you need 34-35E to reach Mighty Tier.

As such the three 10E epic heroes would probably be better in this instance.

Other than that it depends on what you're using them for.

I'll note that it'd probably be easier to permakill the weaker agents.

Also divine servant is a confusing term when there is a divine tier.
- Can Divine Servants do actions for their Patron Deity beyond the 3 Action limit without the 2 Essence Tax?
Commanding servants should almost certainly be at least a free action falling under the free action limit imo, or else the limit is pointless.

- Which is more powerful, a temporary 10 Essence strong manifestation of a Deity, or a 10 Essence strong Divine Servant?
Divine manifestation, definitely. Temporary gives a big power boost.
- Do higher Tier races provide more Essence income than lower Tier races, or is it all dependent on population numbers?
90% certain only population numbers matter, but you'd get once-off influence income for higher tier races.
- Does a mortal race having a high reproduction rate or high lifespan have any in-game effect beyond cliff?
Cliff? No difference to the best of my knowledge, KJP has stated keeping track of the different reproduction rates etc was annoying so it's fluff now.
- How long are Ticks going to be? Both IC and OOC.
IC: Highly variable OOC: Probably a target number of at least daily but will probably also vary greatly.
- How much Essence does it cost to make a large landmark accessible to mortals? ((Like a Giant Library, a Golden Mountain, a Magical Hot Spring, etc.))
Depends highly on the effects and specifics of the landmark, potentially free, potentially extremely large amounts of essence.

- Is gaining Essence through Influence rather than/alongside by Worship a mechanic in this Ye Gods?
Yes, it is listed in the first post.

- If a Deity doesn't create a race of followers, can they subsist on Influence?
Highly unlikely. Influence isn't continuous income, it's a refund for doing large-scale actions in public, and takes seven ticks. It doesn't actually give a profit as I understand it.
Also, everyone, I have several different race creation ideas and I'm having trouble deciding which I should choose...

Which of the following ideas do you like the most? Not IC, which one OOC you think is best.

- Strong, Durable, Overenthusiastic, Very Talented at Warfare, and Ignorant but prone to rare bouts of Wisdom, miniature Irams with a Spartan/Norse/Neolithic Warrior Culture and a tendency to wage constant war on/raid and pillage each other and their neighbors.

- Weak, Clumsy, Short-Lived, Primitive, and Stupid but Fast Breeding, Constantly Beserk, Talented at Warfare, and Extremely Impulsive Animalistic Goatmen with a tendency to form massive nomadic Hordes.

- Not a mortal race, but a race of ageless, mostly incorporeal, capable of slowly reproducing, extremely weak, vaguely demonic, (Warhammer 40k fans, think Khornate)) Divine Servants that watch over Battles and guide slain Warriors to a War based afterlife if they choose to follow them instead of going to reincarnate/go to their Deity' afterlife. Along with inspiring Warriors in their dreams before a Battle, giving the particularly bloodthirsty increased fury and bravery in a fight, and inspiring mortals to deeds of unneccessesary violence, anywhere from starting a bar fight to inspiring mortal civilizayions to war. They could be temporarily summoned by a fanatical follower of Iram or a particularly violent or bloodthirsty and powerful mage to assist them in combat, as 12 feet tall, demonic embodiments of pure rage, savagery, and warfare incarnate, with 20x peak human attributes, masterful nonmagical combat skills and equipment, that passively inspire blind rage and heroic valor in all weak-willed mortals/followers of Iram around them. They generate a somewhat powerful anti-magic Field and under very rare circumstances, will appear in the midst of a fierce battle and undiscrimanately butcher their way through the throng, in an attempt to fight the strongest warriors on both sides. They may also appear to do battle with strong Warriors or Adventurers that desperately want to prove themselves in combat. If slain by mundane means, they vanish into a cloud of black ashes with the smell of sulfur and brimstone, and go back to Iram's afterlife to recuperate for a few centuries before going back to the material plane
Incorporeal isn't allowed. I asked. But confirm with KJP

Other than that I prefer the strong durable ones.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:36:02 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2016, 11:38:13 pm »

*Coughblatantspeculationcough*

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11