Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl 0.19 tournament: get on a Bay12 team!  (Read 23615 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl 0.19 tournament: get on a Bay12 team!
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2016, 01:35:33 pm »

IcyTeam31, Not good with names, Empty, vogonpoet, AlStar, and Aoi:

One of you is gonna have to shift teams... There's plenty of room available on the Champions, though if we're making a serious attempt at beating top 7, I don't want to just assign someone there. Otherwise, someone can shift down and keep Tiruin company.

I don't mind being bumped down; my record's pretty spotty as is, and that was my first 15-rune win... though I tend to get a lot of the stuff that requires multiple runs (like killing uniques/ghosts) which can add up. Courtesy of a live fast, die faster philosophy.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2016, 01:48:18 pm »

You can put me in, I play as Damiac.  I think I came in third on the champions last time, so I'm fairly decent, although I might not be able to play as much this time around.

If you've already got enough good people in the champions feel free to bump me down. 

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2016, 08:28:06 pm »

Tegga21 / Champions

signing up for expert team, get a win or two or three or more every tourney
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 01:10:38 am by Tegga21 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2016, 08:49:56 pm »

I was the least scoring player of the Blacksmiths in the 0.18 tourney. I guess I wouldn't mind being bumped down to the Miners. I could captain it if nobody else wants to.

E: also, my Crawl username is "IcyTea" not "IcyTea31". Best fix that early so there won't be problems 1 hour before deadline.
Woo, leader Tea! :D
My name is the same name as here--I also somewhat aim for banners over wins if I notice I can't achieve it (like when I rolled that Minotaur Monk and thought about the Ru banner achievement, then somehow ALSO got the Descent into Darkness II [no potions, hah!]...in which I feel SO lucky during that run as if luck was both real and in limited quantities just like the RNG goodies I had :'()

Tegga21

You can put me in, I play as Damiac.  I think I came in third on the champions last time, so I'm fairly decent, although I might not be able to play as much this time around.
Yay, other people! :D
How does the team code work again? I fairly forgot everything related to that since the past tourney :-\

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2016, 09:35:44 pm »

I can also move down to miners if we have champions overflow.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2016, 10:57:16 am »

I was the least scoring player of the Blacksmiths in the 0.18 tourney. I guess I wouldn't mind being bumped down to the Miners. I could captain it if nobody else wants to.

E: also, my Crawl username is "IcyTea" not "IcyTea31". Best fix that early so there won't be problems 1 hour before deadline.

I've taken you up on that, just to give the Miners a captain. Realistically, the skill level ratings are pretty pointless for us (the members of our team with skill level "able to reach lair" have both won games).

And with that, Blacksmiths are full. We need 1 more on Champions, and 4 more to fill up Miners, then we'll just spill over into either Nobles or Cheesemakers, if we get that many people.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2016, 01:15:28 pm »

How does the team code work again? I fairly forgot everything related to that since the past tourney :-\

Team members add:
Code: [Select]
# TEAMCAPTAIN nameofcaptain
So you should add
# TEAMCAPTAIN IcyTea, and once IcyTea adds his portion and the tourny pages go live, you'll be on the same team.

Blacksmiths - I've added you all to my file, so you'll need to do the same.

Captains need to add:
# TEAMNAME nameofteam
# TEAMMEMBERS player1 player2 player3 player4 player5

I suspect all the captains have done this before, at the moment.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2016, 01:53:18 pm »

"Hey, this Ice Elementalist Draconian is actually going remarkably well."
*hits level 7*
"Your scales begin glowing a deep red."
...-_-;;

EDIT: Went on tilt from annoyance then splatted. Ah well, wasn't too committed.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:06:57 pm by Xgamer4 »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2016, 04:14:58 pm »

Oh hey is it this time already? Put me on coach, I'm ready!

Name is Gravenous

Let me know where I'm at so I can teamcaptain accordingly. I've gotten a win every tourney so far, but time's a bit short, so no major promises.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2016, 04:45:55 pm »

You get the prestigious honor of captaining the Champions, then. Welcome back.

EDIT: That also completes the Champions team. Next up, Miners!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 04:47:48 pm by Xgamer4 »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2016, 04:48:57 pm »

Oh wow, being a captain? But the pressure :(

For real though, I've no idea what I need to do as a captain. Is there like a list, or a kind soul that can explain?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2016, 04:52:02 pm »

You said "teamcaptain accordingly". I assumed you wanted to be a captain. :P

Graven/Gravenous (captain)
TheDarkStar/TheDarkStar
Arcvasti/Arcvasti
Aelig/Aelig
Damiac/Damiac
Tegga21/Tegga21

It's pretty easy - especially if the teams don't change. Same place you'd add # TEAMCAPTAIN ..., just add:

# TEAMNAME Bay12_Champions
# TEAMMEMBERS TheDarkStar Arcvasti Aelig Damiac Tegga21

You can actually just copy-paste that, given that the Champions are complete. You shouldn't need to touch it, unless teams change.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2016, 05:48:38 pm »

Hah, I actually meant "so I can add the appropriate person as the team captain in my thingie"

Thanks for explaining stuff - if anyone else wants to be captain though be my guest - I'm not even sure I should be in the Champions this time, I'm really not sure how much time I'll be able to devote to Crawl.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2016, 06:18:38 pm »

You were the second-highest scoring player on the team both times we made the top ten; it'd feel silly having you anywhere else.

I know what you mean about being able to devote time to the tournament though. It seems to get harder every year - I only had time for one game in the last tourney.

Won it though ;)
Wouldn't it make more sense to have the first-highest player :D

That's a nice antman, tho - and in a cosy 5 hours. My online wins tend to take ages realtime.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2016, 07:29:15 pm »

Yeah 15-runers can take me upwards of 15 hours online. Considering my recent offline wins are ~2 hours, this drives me up the wall. On the other hand it does force me to play a bit more carefully, even if only because I'm not sure I can handle losing 12 hours of online play to a fat-fingering. Please ignore all malicious rumours of multiple drowning deaths in Pan.

Tournament plan so far:
-15 rune a MiBe at the very start, before they're about as worthless as the 4 years I studied German in school
- ?? rune a DsMo^Chei, because it's disgusting and I might as well
- FREEDOM
- various 4-5 rune melee wins, because they're actually fun rather than a decent preparation for a summer camp in Dante's Inferno
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18