Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: {The Conquest of Paradise} [Los Cazadores: Mission 2]  (Read 7759 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: {The Conquest of Paradise} [Los Cazadores: Mission 2]
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2016, 09:01:50 am »

Charlotte continues looking about town.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2016, 03:03:59 pm »

Zara goes with her. She has not been doing much for a while due to ship sickness.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2016, 12:26:47 am »

Oooh, a TCM game :D Long time no see dude! PTW!

Ay! What's up my sublima Filipina? How you doing?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2016, 01:04:25 am »

Ramona flinches at the cage, but seems nonplussed with the crab. "Hm. Cool. Now, about that boat..." Sail a boat to closest island.

Ramona walks away from the fisherman and looks for a suitable sea-faring vessel. Locating a small sailboat that could be manned by a single person, Ramona hops inside the boat and unties the ropes that leave it secured to the side of the dock. The sailboat begins to drift towards the sea while the hipster opens up the sails, allowing them to swell with the ocean's steady wind. Ramona stands with a foot against the head of her mighty ship, staring keenly into the horizon like the pirates and sea explorers of yore as the wind whips through her hair.
The sailboat careens as the wind picks up, knocking Ramona off of her balance with the reality that these were turbulent conditions for sailing. She races to the ship's wheel to keep it steady, [Sailing: 1] and in doing so ends up directing the sailboat back into the dock. The bow of the sailboat crashes into the front of a pier;  the force of the collision knocks pieces of loose wood into the water and sends Ramona flying overboard. Now wet, Ramona treads the top of the water to see that the sailboat is pretty badly damaged and in no further shape for travel, but at the very least this happened close to the docks themselves.

"Me and Starlight will go to the Xenions."

"Yeah, we-we are?"

"Remember what Woodsworth said about the Kuch?"

"Little patience for magic, right? And since I'm a Unicorn and you are an Alicorn...yeah. We're going to the Xenions."

Wait at the ship for anyone else wanting to go to the Xenions.
Nixil goes on the boat to the Xenios.

<I can certainly use some new morphs, won't be of much use in tunnels surrounded by machinery.>

Nixil, Twilight and Starlight make their way to the Northern docks for one of their own V.I.P. ships. Waiting for them is a Deniyan in a white suit and a cap. "H'wo! You must be part of the peacemaking commission from space. My name is captain Can-Kon Alps and this is my pride and joy, the R&R-34!" He motions behind him to what resembles a small, streamlined cruiser ship that lacks any weaponry. "We've used her before to scout out the Xenio coast-line before, but this is going to be the first time we actually will make landfall. My crew is already making the necessary preparations, and if we leave now we should reach Xenio by nightfall, if your people are ready to sail....hmm, who is that? Is she with your organization?" He says, pointing to a swimming Ramona down by the end of the docks.

"Basically, make you look like a bigger threat than you are."

"How are we going to do that? We would need to make ourselves look more intimidating than either the Xenio and Kuch, with their massive armies."

"Basically, make you look like a bigger threat than you are."
"Basically. And if they don't buy that, we'll be doing a lil espionage in whatever bases they have to keep them from ever laying a finger on you cute lil guys!"

Fuck. Ya did it again, Cadence.

She turns to the horses.

"A-and I guess I'm good either way. I know some magic but don't really have to show it. What do you think, Anna?"

"Espionage will require you to get deep into their territories, though whatever you find will help us in our efforts for survival."

]"I think that makes sense.
And yeah, they are cute."[/glow][/color]

"M'w? Did you say something?"

Mall, to his minor credit, only twitches slightly, "Oh! Um-Um-Um-Um I-I was just saying how wonderful your architecture is! Really does look quite beautiful.
But, well, I was wondering where your hospitals and such might be, could they be underground, or such?"

Be the suavest.

"Why thank you! We have no doubt that the architecture that you have, wherever you come from, is equally as beautiful."

Wle-Fle's eyes bulge and curl at Mall's next assumption, "M-m'w were you able to guess that? Do you have some sort of power that allows you to read minds or see through solid objects? Anyways, yes, you are correct! What you see here is only a fragment of our city, much of it is underground accessed through special hidden entrances, like right here!" Wle-Fle points to a section of the road that looks identical to everything else, but if someone focuses they can begin to see a faint lines etched into this particular spot that form an octagon. "In case of an emergency, we can flee underground and any invaders would just find an empty city and then leave....at least that's what we hope. If they have anyone as perceptive as you are, they'll find our underground entrances eventually."

Lets just.. Gently stamp out the Anxiety and Skepticism.

[Emotional Manipulation: 10+2] A wave of Calm and Optimism washes over the Deniyan crowd; it's obvious that these people can be trusted, for they came from space and will use their advanced alien ways to prevent harm from coming to the island. All is well. The result of this is tat many of the Deniyan come forward and offer their own cabbages to the Cazadores.

"Wow, not even our leaders are offered such a generous supply of prized cabbage. My people must truly believe in you!"

Charlotte continues looking about town.
Zara goes with her. She has not been doing much for a while due to ship sickness.

Charlotte and Zara join each other as they delve further into the town, the crowd parting to allow them through; Charlotte can see that Zara looks a little pale.
The center of town is a large stone square, beautified by rows of viney plants. The Deniyans here appear idle; there are many young Deniyans who squirm about actively in play, the shells on their backs still small and partially unformed, while grown Deniyans stand and converse. There is a Deniyan playing a curved flute-like instrument and another that has a small wooden stand set up, displaying various plants and vegetables for sale.
Beyond the square is a massive white building with arches and spires that look like still frames of drills trying to pierce the heavens. On its roof are several statues of Deniyans, all engaged in some sort of activity like reading a parchment or throwing a ring. It could be mistaken for a Gothic church, save for the center of the roof being domed shape, which is more like a basilica.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2016, 01:23:01 am »

<Erm...my equestrian comrades...now may not be the best time to mention this, but...I don't know how to swim in this form.  I don't have any aquatic morphs at the moment.>

Turning to the Deniyan: <Are your people capable of traversing water without the aid of any artificial means or vehicles?  I ask this because if so, I would humbly request your permission to quickly and painlessly acquire your genetic code.>
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2016, 01:28:18 am »

Ramona swims back to shore, and dries her clothes out a bit, as much as she can. She notices the others, and waves. "Hey. Mind if I join you?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2016, 01:36:36 am »

"Morphs? You're a Changeling?"

"He can transform, but I don't think he can feed on love. Nixil, I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe we can-"

They then spot Ramona.

Ramona swims back to shore, and dries her clothes out a bit, as much as she can. She notices the others, and waves. "Hey. Mind if I join you?"

"Of course not. Me and Twilight would be glad to have more ponies, or what have you, with us. I'm Starlight Glimmer, by the way. I don't think we've met."
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2016, 02:13:57 am »

Letting out a nervous laugh, Mall vaguely waves his hand, as if brushing off the awe, "No, no, it was just a case of 'right for the wrong reasons', I assumed that with your open architecture that you couldn't have any kind of particularly fragile machinery exposed to the elements like this for fear of some sort of damage, the same goes for your people, anyone somehow injured likely shouldn't be treated while exposed to open air- as beautiful as it is -and as I doubt you could just make invisible buildings that we couldn't see- Not to mention that it'd likely be quite noticeable should anything fail -, you must have put them underground."
He puts a hand to his chin in thought.
"So, Could I see the underground city you've created? I need to have a full understanding of the resources we have at hand before I can do anything."
SUAVE COMBOOOOOOO
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2016, 04:03:57 am »

"He can transform, but I don't think he can feed on love."

At this, all four of Nixil's eyes did a double take.  <I'm sorry, where you come from, love is a...consumable energy?>
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2016, 04:16:39 am »

Twilight nods. "Oh, yes! In Equestria, concepts like love and friendship manifest as powerful magic. I'm not Princess of Friendship because I know what the right words to say are, though that is a reason why. It's also because love and friendship are powerful forces. Changelings feast on love, which actually lead to our first meeting where the queen of the Changelings named Chrysalis disguised herself as the Princess of Love, only that Princess turned out to be Cadence, my old foalsitter, and the pony she was marrying was my brother, which means a Princess is my sister-in-law, and they had a filly named Flurry Heart recently and-"

Starlight then shoves a hoof at Twilight's muzzle. "Twi? You're doing that thing where you get so excited, you ramble. Okay?". As the hoof gets released, Twilight still only nods and looks embarrassed.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2016, 07:31:33 am »

"Aaand now I'm bored."

"Pablo. Shall we locate you fish as discussed?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2016, 09:07:47 am »

"What you do is a show of force."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2016, 11:42:15 am »

"Oooooh, sounds fun, actually. So what, we basically kick ass in the name of Deniya? Pretend we're just a few of the 'Millions of Deniyan soldiers ready to kick some tail'? Because if we're not gonna do some espionage, that would be AWESOME."
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2016, 12:53:15 pm »

"Oooooh, sounds fun, actually. So what, we basically kick ass in the name of Deniya? Pretend we're just a few of the 'Millions of Deniyan soldiers ready to kick some tail'? Because if we're not gonna do some espionage, that would be AWESOME."
"No, what we do is BIG BOOM."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2016, 02:09:29 pm »

"No, what we do is BIG BOOM."
"THAT SOUNDS EVER COOLER. I mean, I'm not sure what you mean but I LOVE IT."
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6