Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: {The Conquest of Paradise} [Los Cazadores: Mission 2]  (Read 7743 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: {The Conquest of Paradise} [Los Cazadores: Mission 2]
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2016, 06:46:52 pm »

Nixil inspects the fortifications of the area, trying to find out where the best outward sniping positions would be.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2016, 07:20:52 pm »

Ramona tilts her head at the Deniyan, before speaking. "So, how much would a boat cost? Or do I get a free one, considering I'm helping in the war?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2016, 07:38:09 pm »

"Glad to meet you, Wel-Fle. Me and Twilight will try our hardest to fix this problem in any way we can."

"Yep! We're here to stop this conflict, and keep as many, if not everypony, alive in the process. Starlight, not that we're here, how do you feel?"

"...Better, actually. My head's clear and I think I'm ready to help."

Just talk, I guess.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 11:00:16 pm »

"Yeah, we have a few plans we're gonna pursue. With luck, you guys will be peachy keen, and those guys out there will be gone faster than you can say 'H'wo!'"

Cadence takes the moment to strike a superhero pose to exemplify the confidence of her statement.

That is, until she realizes the two people who talk about having plans still haven't introduced themselves.

"Ah SHIT, by the way I'm Cadence, this is Anna."

"We were hoping you would say that! We've already prepared boats on the Northern and Southern docks for your departure if any of you are planning to go into Xenio or Kuch. The boats don't have any weapons, but they are agile and we've installed some evasive features in them to help you get across safely. It wouldn't hurt if any one of you knew about boats either."

"We do have a few options, although we'd like to start with the most peaceful resolutions first."

"Peaceful resolutions are good, but only if they work! We are a defenseless people so if the Xenio and the Kuch want peace, it has to be assured. What are your options any-h'wo?"

Anna takes, and then captchalogues, the cabbage.

"Perhaps it would be best to get out in front of the impending battle.....Have you as a nation made contact with the Xenio or Kuch before?

I have a plan.  Perhaps not a perfect one, but a plan nonetheless."

The cabbage is successfully captchalogued and attaches to a card.

"We have not, and we fear that contacting one of them would be initiated by a bullet or a fireball to the face. However, we have made many observations on them for research even getting some our ships close enough that we can view their coasts from afar and watch them go about in their normal lives. The Xenio are constantly going about performing strange rituals that make little sense and exchanging goods that look like they have little practical value. The Kuch are even stranger, drinking their mushroom juice until they pass out, and always fighting one another with amusement. The psychology of these people is still a mystery to us and we have never obtained a specimen of either kind. We would also like to explore both of their lands, but there's no way we could risk that. A few times we have even seen them fighting one another in the ocean, where the winged beasts of the Xenio swoop down and breathe fire onto the Kuch warships that fire cannons in return."

The End is watching.

The Cazadores are continuing to converse with the snail people. Snail people: Taste like snail, talk like people.

Vi is tasting the ambient emotion. Anything notable?

Curiosity and Wonderment, in strong doses, are ever present as the crowd looks to see what these Cazadores are. The Cazadores definitely don't look like what they were expecting, most likely a rambunctious unit of armored space marines, not a completely jumbled up patchwork of strange people, many who don't look any more threatening than the Deniyans themselves are. This comes with Anxiety and Skepticism, can these people really take on two of the largest superpowers that this world has seen?

Mall gives a quiet sigh looking at the ambassador, and under his breath murmurs, "I'd be finding this a whole lot more cute if I didn't know about those acid spitting slugs back home..."
Are there any places like hospitals or more intensive workstations that I can see?

Wle-Fle leans over to the side and speaks to Mall, "M'w? Did you say something?"

There are a few wide buildings containing large industrial machines in the distance churning away, though not producing any physical product from what Mall can see. As for a hospital, there does not appear to be any in the area housing sick or injured Deniyans. Unless they never get sick, it wouldn't make sense that an advanced, metropolitan city wouldn't have a number of hospitals in any given area considering the density of the populace.

Nixil inspects the fortifications of the area, trying to find out where the best outward sniping positions would be.

The exterior of the island is surrounded by stone levees that drop off at a ninety degree angle, effectively making the island surrounded by a cliff, preventing an amphibious invasion. Beyond the levees are beaches filled with layers of caltrops and barbed wire. Beyond that is another cliff that would have to be scaled before an attacker could reach the city itself. It's set up similarly to the beach of Normandy, except that beach was defended by snipers and machine guns, and even then that beach was captured.

The rooftops of some of the buildings, particularly the ones housing those large industrial machines in the distance, are the tallest in the area and would therefore allow the best view and the most angles of fire, though the buildings themselves are not heavily protected. The interior design of the Deniyan buildings are counter-productive to firefights, as they already have huge holes in them, as if someone had already gone ahead and blasted them apart with artillery fire.

Ramona tilts her head at the Deniyan, before speaking. "So, how much would a boat cost? Or do I get a free one, considering I'm helping in the war?"

"War? What war? Oh, you mean you're one of those people that will stop the Kuch and the Xenio? I believe that there are some boats ready for your people."

The fishing pole at the Deniyans face begins to roll around. "Oh, I've got a bite!" The Deniyan dives for his pole and reels up his aquatic captive. After a few moment of struggle, the pole flings a metal cage onto the dock next to Ramona. Inside of this metal cage a blue crab scurries about, though this crab is the size of moderately-large dog. "This is the best one I've caught all week!"

"If you Cazadores do have a plan, and that plan involves getting out to one or both of our continental neighbors, you should go as quickly as you can down to the docks; the Northern docks will get you to Xenio, and the Southern docks go down to Kuch. If any of you are staying here, I can continue to show you around to any place of interest and help you out with anything you need to do here."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 11:18:12 pm »

"Me and Starlight will go to the Xenions."

"Yeah, we-we are?"

"Remember what Woodsworth said about the Kuch?"

"Little patience for magic, right? And since I'm a Unicorn and you are an Alicorn...yeah. We're going to the Xenions."

Wait at the ship for anyone else wanting to go to the Xenions.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 11:19:59 pm »

"Basically, make you look like a bigger threat than you are."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 11:27:37 pm »

Ramona flinches at the cage, but seems nonplussed with the crab. "Hm. Cool. Now, about that boat..." Sail a boat to closest island.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2016, 11:37:33 pm »

Ramona flinches at the cage, but seems nonplussed with the crab. "Hm. Cool. Now, about that boat..." Sail a boat to closest island.

[Is she waiting for her teammates or is she just going to head on out on a random boat?]
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2016, 11:41:14 pm »

"Basically. And if they don't buy that, we'll be doing a lil espionage in whatever bases they have to keep them from ever laying a finger on you cute lil guys!"

Fuck. Ya did it again, Cadence.

She turns to the horses.

"A-and I guess I'm good either way. I know some magic but don't really have to show it. What do you think, Anna?"
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2016, 11:56:53 pm »

Nixil goes on the boat to the Xenios.

<I can certainly use some new morphs, won't be of much use in tunnels surrounded by machinery.>
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2016, 12:21:50 am »

[Is she waiting for her teammates or is she just going to head on out on a random boat?]
[She's just gonna leave]
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2016, 12:28:01 am »

Oooh, a TCM game :D Long time no see dude! PTW!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2016, 04:33:29 am »

Mall, to his minor credit, only twitches slightly, "Oh! Um-Um-Um-Um I-I was just saying how wonderful your architecture is! Really does look quite beautiful.
But, well, I was wondering where your hospitals and such might be, could they be underground, or such?"

Be the suavest.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2016, 08:40:08 am »

Lets just.. Gently stamp out the Anxiety and Skepticism.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2016, 08:59:05 am »

"Basically. And if they don't buy that, we'll be doing a lil espionage in whatever bases they have to keep them from ever laying a finger on you cute lil guys!"

Fuck. Ya did it again, Cadence.

She turns to the horses.

"A-and I guess I'm good either way. I know some magic but don't really have to show it. What do you think, Anna?"
"I think that makes sense.

And yeah, they are cute."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6