Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: {The Conquest of Paradise} [Los Cazadores: Mission 2]  (Read 7734 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: {The Conquest of Paradise} [Los Cazadores: Mission 2]
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2016, 03:54:56 pm »

"What you do is a show of force."
"Oooooh, sounds fun, actually. So what, we basically kick ass in the name of Deniya? Pretend we're just a few of the 'Millions of Deniyan soldiers ready to kick some tail'? Because if we're not gonna do some espionage, that would be AWESOME."
"No, what we do is BIG BOOM."
"THAT SOUNDS EVER COOLER. I mean, I'm not sure what you mean but I LOVE IT."
"Oh, you are going to love this then...Right.  Plans."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2016, 04:24:47 pm »

Twilight nods. "Oh, yes! In Equestria, concepts like love and friendship manifest as powerful magic. I'm not Princess of Friendship because I know what the right words to say are, though that is a reason why. It's also because love and friendship are powerful forces. Changelings feast on love, which actually lead to our first meeting where the queen of the Changelings named Chrysalis disguised herself as the Princess of Love, only that Princess turned out to be Cadence, my old foalsitter, and the pony she was marrying was my brother, which means a Princess is my sister-in-law, and they had a filly named Flurry Heart recently and-"

Starlight then shoves a hoof at Twilight's muzzle. "Twi? You're doing that thing where you get so excited, you ramble. Okay?". As the hoof gets released, Twilight still only nods and looks embarrassed.

<Fascinating.  Of the worlds and alternate realities I'd like to visit, yours has certainly piqued my interest.>

Turning to the woman who had just emerged from the water.  <Hello, Ramona?  I am Nixil-Amendon-Sora.>

Speaking to all on the boat: <So, any ideas for how to deal with with these Xenios?  I'd like to hear all your thoughts before adding my own.>
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2016, 05:59:03 pm »

Twilight blushes, before saying, "Well, since the Xenios use magic and prefer it, I guess Starlight and I will start negotiations off with familiarity to their cause."

"Once we show them our sympathies about their kind, we'll reveal our embassy with the Deniyans, and how we're here to keep peace talks in mind. Keep things calm, shoot down arguments. If we stop the fighting on the Xenios side with us who know what we're talking about?"

"It'll make it just a little easier for Team Two to convince the Kuch to stop the fighting. Of course, I know that a non-peaceful option may have to work...so, do you have any ideas on that, Nixil or...Ramona, was it? What do you two think?"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2016, 06:06:15 pm »

<A peaceful solution is desirable.  You two being the face of negotiations seems wise.  My worry is that diplomacy will only affect those of a more rational mindset.  We have no intel regarding their social context, if their willingness to fight the Kuch is pragmatic or fanatical. 

Should it come to violence, assassination of more radical leaders in their government may be enough.  I'll take responsibility for that side of the operations.>
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2016, 06:14:51 pm »

<A peaceful solution is desirable.  You two being the face of negotiations seems wise.  My worry is that diplomacy will only affect those of a more rational mindset.  We have no intel regarding their social context, if their willingness to fight the Kuch is pragmatic or fanatical. 

Should it come to violence, assassination of more radical leaders in their government may be enough.  I'll take responsibility for that side of the operations.>

Twilight face immediately darkens, a sad look on her face appearing. "I-If it's necessary-", she says before being cut off by her own thoughts. Her face brightens up into a neutral, accepting glare. "Yeah. It makes sense that assassination may be the necessary evil. I wouldn't condone such a thing normally, but if it's needed, then I can't help it."

Starlight merely nods her head.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2016, 01:11:18 am »

<Erm...my equestrian comrades...now may not be the best time to mention this, but...I don't know how to swim in this form.  I don't have any aquatic morphs at the moment.>

Turning to the Deniyan: <Are your people capable of traversing water without the aid of any artificial means or vehicles?  I ask this because if so, I would humbly request your permission to quickly and painlessly acquire your genetic code.>

"No we can not, we take great care when we tread around the ocean, especially our fisherman and sailors who are on the waters frequently. If an adult Deniyan falls into the ocean, they will sink and it is a great tragedy." Can-Kon Alps's eyes curve when Nixil speaks of genetic acquisition, "You can do that? I've never heard of anyone being able to to just to copy someone else's genetics, how do you do it? Who taught it to you?"

A Deniyan sailor runs, or rather, quickly slides out of the ship and salutes Can-Kon Alps. The captain salutes back and turns to the Cazadores, "My ship is prepared to leave immediately for Xenio. Are you all ready?"

Letting out a nervous laugh, Mall vaguely waves his hand, as if brushing off the awe, "No, no, it was just a case of 'right for the wrong reasons', I assumed that with your open architecture that you couldn't have any kind of particularly fragile machinery exposed to the elements like this for fear of some sort of damage, the same goes for your people, anyone somehow injured likely shouldn't be treated while exposed to open air- as beautiful as it is -and as I doubt you could just make invisible buildings that we couldn't see- Not to mention that it'd likely be quite noticeable should anything fail -, you must have put them underground."
He puts a hand to his chin in thought.
"So, Could I see the underground city you've created? I need to have a full understanding of the resources we have at hand before I can do anything."
SUAVE COMBOOOOOOO

[Charm: 8] Wle-Fle blushes, an expression not found in most species of snails, and the Deniyan's squishy black eyes dilate, "Really? You think our architecture is beautiful? I find it only practical, to hear that an outside finds it pleasing...Oh, the underground? Why yes, I can give you all a tour of the underground, but I have to get everyone within it prepared. It's very chaotic down below but once I can get everything sorted I will show you all everything we have to offer. I'll go down and set everything up, I hope you find it as appealing as everything we have on the surface!"

"What you do is a show of force."

"Um, how do we go about doing that? We have no weaponry...while your people decide on that, I will prepare the underground for you all. In the meantime you can continue to form your plans and explore what we have on the surface. I'll see you all later!" With that, Wle-Fle Rak slides on over to one of the hidden entrances and emits a high-pitched gurgling sound. The entrance descends detaches from the surface and drops into the ground and the Denyian disappears into the depths; a moment later, the entrance platform comes back up and firmly locks back into its original place, disguised as a normal piece of ground.

Between this turn and the next there will be a time skip of approximately 5 1/2 hours, and day will shift to twilight. During this time, Wle-Fle Rak will be finishing his preparations of the underground and those on Can-Kon Alps ship will be traveling to continent of Xenio on his boat. Your next action will accordingly take place over this time period.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2016, 01:19:03 am »

To Can-Kon: <Morphing is an artificial ability, engineered by my people.  I'd rather not get into the details at the moment, it would take too much time.>

To the sailor:<Yes, we are.>
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2016, 01:21:48 am »

Vi fucks off to the coast of the island and begins to Draw. The easiest way to keep something out of a location is to remove the motivation to enter it in the first place. Vi will be spending her time imbuing the coast of the Island with Apathy, Negligence, Boredom, Fear, Terror, and Uncertainty. She can always reclaim the energy later if the Circle proves unneeded.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2016, 01:29:09 am »

Twilight and Starlight nod, and assuming they're already on the boat, sit down and wait.

Twilight then taps her Transmitter, and says, "<Um, Woodsworth? If a world isn't already under current siege from the Miasma, could you inform at least one pony from that world? I understand that may aggravate the Miasma, but I feel like I owe at least one of my friends an explanation for my absence without finding a way to drag them along.>"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2016, 01:37:01 am »

Ramona boards the ship, and spends the time practicing with The Power of Love, and messing around on her phone. She also calls Scott to make sure he's safe.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2016, 01:46:27 am »

Twilight and Starlight nod, and assuming they're already on the boat, sit down and wait.

Twilight then taps her Transmitter, and says, "<Um, Woodsworth? If a world isn't already under current siege from the Miasma, could you inform at least one pony from that world? I understand that may aggravate the Miasma, but I feel like I owe at least one of my friends an explanation for my absence without finding a way to drag them along.>"

"I can't permit the conscious opening of a Pandora's Box like that, it's counterproductive to our overall mission. Your universe is already populated with one being exhibiting Miasmatic properties, and from what we can tell he's a benign and overall minor case. Aggravating the Miasma might not seem like a big deal at first, but the eventual results could be catastrophic. Now, if you want me to inform someone in a way that does not explicitly or implicitly refer to the Miasma, I could find a way! ^_^"

Ramona boards the ship, and spends the time practicing with The Power of Love, and messing around on her phone. She also calls Scott to make sure he's safe.

((Want me to RP as Scott? Or just assume that the conversation went underway during the timeskip by the time the next turn rolls around?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2016, 01:50:11 am »

"<That's fine! I just need to tell at least one of my friends the basic gist, but if you can tell the rest of the Elements of Harmony in a way that'll keep order, that's perfect!>"

"Um, I heard that through the...thing in my head. Might be connected. Anyway, did he say that our universe has a Miasma in it?"

At this, Twilight's eyes widen. "<Woodsworth? Did you just say that my universe has a miasma in it?"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2016, 03:54:56 am »

((TImeskip it.))
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2016, 04:09:57 am »

Alright, if it's going to be a while before the underground city is made ready, then it'd be reasonable to learn more about the city, right? Look around the place, figure out what those industrial machines are making, how tough those building materials are, see if I can find out about any other hidden defences I don't know about, oh, and see if there's any info on the biology of the Deniyans or other two races, that'd be helpful.
Basically make an effort to learn about the city.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2016, 12:24:56 am »

Can-Kon Alps captains the ship to the North, the speedy little steam vessel chugging along at an impressive clip, the bow slicing through the ocean like a letter-knife.

Ramona's phone is able to reach Toronto from this spot and she is able to have a pleasant, dorky, cute conversation with the Pilgrim.

"<That's fine! I just need to tell at least one of my friends the basic gist, but if you can tell the rest of the Elements of Harmony in a way that'll keep order, that's perfect!>"

"Um, I heard that through the...thing in my head. Might be connected. Anyway, did he say that our universe has a Miasma in it?"

At this, Twilight's eyes widen. "<Woodsworth? Did you just say that my universe has a miasma in it?"

"Yes, that Draconequus being you know. We've traced small amounts of Miasmatic content in his being, and have a theory that he is not of your universe, but instead was a premature Anomaly that was driven out on another plane and took refuge in your world. Because the Anomaly never was able to develop, he's maintained a fairly harmless level since then, though if something causes him to advance into a more advanced Anomaly then we will have to respond accordingly."

Vi fucks off to the coast of the island and begins to Draw. The easiest way to keep something out of a location is to remove the motivation to enter it in the first place. Vi will be spending her time imbuing the coast of the Island with Apathy, Negligence, Boredom, Fear, Terror, and Uncertainty. She can always reclaim the energy later if the Circle proves unneeded.

Vi sits upon the sheer cliff face that drops into the waters that crash against the levies of Deniya. The fox begins to conjure up a field of emotions that would dissuade any invaders from coming onshore. [Apathy: 5+1] [Negligence: 3+1] [Boredom: 2+1] [Fear: 5+1] [Terror: 10+1] [Uncertainty: 2+1] [Spell Control: 6] Invisible to anyone else, Vi watches as an ethereal, colorless boundary blankets the coastline of the island, more or less, with a few decently sized holes and weak points in the fabric of the spell. The field would make anyone who passed through a little more lazy and fearful, but slightly excited and confident in what lay ahead. This would all be accompanied by a deep sense of dread that the island contained something awful and hideous, potentially dangerous. As it stands, the field will exist for at least several hours from now before it vanishes.

Alright, if it's going to be a while before the underground city is made ready, then it'd be reasonable to learn more about the city, right? Look around the place, figure out what those industrial machines are making, how tough those building materials are, see if I can find out about any other hidden defences I don't know about, oh, and see if there's any info on the biology of the Deniyans or other two races, that'd be helpful.
Basically make an effort to learn about the city.

Mall heads down to the industrial sector of the city and speaks with some Deniyans on duty about the machines. The Deniyans, dressed in heavy orange gear, explain that the machines work on geothermal energy gathered beneath the island from active vents deep in the planets crust. This is what supplies the island with most of its power.
The buildings appear to be made out of a reinforced rock-like surface and hardened several times over. It's sturdy enough to take the impact of low grade firearms or basic projectiles, but up against artillery its not going to hold much better than brick and mortar.
Beyond the crude coastline defenses, the island appears to lack any solid way of stopping invaders. To get into most of the buildings it would require someone with vertical mobility, but that's more of an obstacle than any form of defense or even deterrence.
Mall is given a simple pamphlet on Deniyan biology, who outside of their anthropomorphic features, most closely resemble the common land snail; the Deniyans enjoy leafy greens to eat, can retreat inside their shells for defense, and are all dual-sexed and have no absolutely no concept of gender. Their knowledge on Xenio or Kuch peoples are inferior to even what Woodsworth had known.

-Several Hours Later-

The sun has fled from the heavens, slipping behind the horizon as it casts one last hurrah over its speckled planet, casting a hazy red glow throughout the atmosphere.

Gradually, the continent that Xenio lies upon comes into view, a golden-brown shoreline that elevates into a line of tall marram grass. In the grass there are patches of clearing dominated by wooden obelisks, some detailed enough that you can make out depictions of flora and fauna on their surface.  A family of turtles trudge their way through the beach while a flock of seagulls circle above, bellowing their distinctive cries. The ship anchors right next to the beach, giving everyone on board enough room to jump down on dry land. Can-Con asks the Cazadores, "Anything else before I turn back?"

Wle-Fle returns in the evening to the Cazadores. "Is everyone ready for the tour? Follow me!" Everyone accompanying Wle-Fle follows him to one of the hidden entrances into the Deniyan underground, and the floor beneath them rumbles and then begins to descend into the earth. The trip is quiet besides the groaning of the platform's mechanisms and some light is provided by lamps posted up against the sides of the wall, each one illuminating a new layer of rock. Finally they reach the bottom of the shaft, and with that the sight of the sprawling underground comes into view; it appears that the surface was just the tip of the iceberg of Deniya. Here the streets are crowded and bustling like a proper metropolis and buildings shoot far up to the top of the place, underground skyscrapers proving to not be an oxymoron. The geothermal machines are more visible down here, as the section of them that descends into the ground is more prominent, cylindrical tubes that chug and churn. What look to be hospitals, warehouses, groceries and schools are scattered throughout this area, places that were either absent or in much smaller scale on the surface. Notably many more immature and elderly Deniyans reside underground as well. There are also many large blue crabs on this level, moving in clusters, directed by Deniyans with long sticks, prodding any crab that moves away from the cluster. "This is our true home, under the surface! What do you think?" Wle-Fle sounds proud of this area in particular.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6