Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60282 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D2
« Reply #330 on: October 31, 2016, 09:17:57 am »

Shakerag:What happens if multiple kills hit the same target?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 31, 2016, 09:40:10 am »

I'd say it seems likely that Reyn targeted FoU and got killed by reflection, going by the flavor of FoU's last ability.

Only if it was an auto, which it doesn't appear to be from a perusal of the list. If I killed FoU, someone else killed Reyn.

TWS

Unvote

We should probably lynch Reyn sometime (or somebody vig him?) but lynching him is bad for the same reason a D1 nolynch is bad.

Hector: Why were you so worried about Filipk tying the vote when there were still ~16 hours left in the day?

I wasn't worried about that so much, more that it conflicted with what he had said earlier:

I vote for NO LYNCH
This is by far the worst thing we can do aside from lynching a Jester.  It gives us no new information to work with day 2.

His vote on Reyn made it a situation in which no-one would be lynched. As well as voting for a claimed TP:

Also, why are you voting for a claimed third-party?
Instead of voting for FoU who I'm not convinced is scum?  Yeah I'll get on Reyn.  I'm willing to back off Reyn this day to get a lynch.  But I'll pick this back up the next day, at least until I get specifics on his wincon.  Unvote.

He may not have thought FoU was scum, but what does getting ridding of a TP do? No closer to finding scum in that instance, and he removed his vote from Reyn despite the reservations regarding FoU, putting FoU back as the lynchee.

fillipk: could you respond to these points?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 31, 2016, 09:42:13 am »

Honestly, I'm guessing FoU killed Reyn, judging by 'Nightmare'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 31, 2016, 09:42:54 am »

... why would you - you specifically - use a one-shot ability on N1 with almost nothing to go on?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 31, 2016, 10:27:33 am »

Shakerag: What does an Anarchist affect in the action list if the anarchist dies during the night?
And to avoid unclarity, some bullets for good measure.
> If an Anarchist dies to an external kill--does any action following that be 'not' affected by the passive ability of the Anarchist?
> If there are roles that mention 'you show up as {x} upon death', this also pertains to all roles listed, aye?
For example, if someone has Spy (Mafia) or whatever (Mafia) specific roles exist, how will those roles appear if 'in the other alignment'? Are you going to find a Xylbot role that matches the same effect and post that instead?
> May we have an example of the above being displayed?

In resolving the Anarchist power, I just flipped a coin for everyone as to whether they would keep their intended target or not at the beginning of action resolution.

> No, anarchy is resolved before any kills.
> No.  The alignments listed on the Xylbot roles do not necessarily correlate to alignments assigned in this game.  There could, for example, be a town-aligned player with Spy.  In said example, mafiakill would be replaced with "a kill".
> I think I just did.

Shakerag:What happens if multiple kills hit the same target?
One of the targeters is randomly determined to have done the kill.  The other player's actions do nothing.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 31, 2016, 10:31:37 am »

Also, just to clarify some potential confusion:  Day abilities are processed in order of being received, unlike night abilities. 

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 31, 2016, 10:33:26 am »

... why would you - you specifically - use a one-shot ability on N1 with almost nothing to go on?
Dude claimed scum.  That's just...If you don't lynch that guy you vigkill him next night...
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 31, 2016, 01:16:52 pm »

Dude claimed scum.  That's just...If you don't lynch that guy you vigkill him next night...
Dude claimed scum on D1. Does that sound like an enlightened move to you? Saying you're scum but you can still help the town?

Shakerag: If a player who has decided to kill someone during the night is killed by another player, how does that play out?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 31, 2016, 01:45:26 pm »

Shakerag: If a player who has decided to kill someone during the night is killed by another player, how does that play out?
Generally speaking, all kills happen at the same time.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2016, 02:43:18 pm »

Nothing happened to me last night. Also, note that we have no idea what FoU's actual alignment is. And apparently Reyn's role is obscured.
Nope

I did a thing to Fillipk because it's anything but killing him :P
But I've talked to Shake and as far as I know, I get NO IDEA on what happens. So...

Fillipk: What happened to ya?

If you noticed I now have two votes.  That's all that happened.  I'm also no longer an amnesiac.

Quote from: Hector
I vote for NO LYNCH
This is by far the worst thing we can do aside from lynching a Jester.  It gives us no new information to work with day 2.

His vote on Reyn made it a situation in which no-one would be lynched. As well as voting for a claimed TP:

Also, why are you voting for a claimed third-party?
Instead of voting for FoU who I'm not convinced is scum?  Yeah I'll get on Reyn.  I'm willing to back off Reyn this day to get a lynch.  But I'll pick this back up the next day, at least until I get specifics on his wincon.  Unvote.

He may not have thought FoU was scum, but what does getting ridding of a TP do? No closer to finding scum in that instance, and he removed his vote from Reyn despite the reservations regarding FoU, putting FoU back as the lynchee.

fillipk: could you respond to these points?
Your totally right and that was probably the worst thing i could do.  No excuse from me but I promise i won't do anything that scummy again.  Totally no excuse.

That being said I can inspect one of the dead people during the day possibly giving information on the killer.  Should I inspect the mafia to see if we are dealing with a third party or should I insect FoU to see if he was targeted by the mafia and thus probably not mafia.  Of course with anarchy both bets are a long shot but I wanted people's opinions on which one I should take.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2016, 03:24:20 pm »

I targeted FoU with a kill last night, though I will repeat that my actions have a 50% chance of failure. Plus the anarchy thing. What information do you get?

Also curious what people think regarding the "Mafia Goon" role name for Reyn. Role names, at least for town, appear to be based on what roles they have, rather than alignment...

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2016, 03:39:42 pm »

He could have been the target of an Ice Cream Man - or maybe some kind of disable? I don't think that would affect the role name though.

Filipk: I would say look at FoU - I'm pretty sure Reyn was actually mafia; I don't see another option to that. Also, anarchist only affects night actions so you should be fine.

Hector: You're willing to attack someone after day 1 based on just your scumhunting, and yet you don't think someone would kill a claimed scum?
Dude claimed scum on D1. Does that sound like an enlightened move to you? Saying you're scum but you can still help the town?
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Why do you think Reyn might've claimed scum if he wasn't?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2016, 03:57:49 pm »

Well we wasted a lynch 'cause he failed to mention he could revive, plus the various things I thought he was scummy for.

Only thing I can think of that Reyn would claim scum for when they're not would be a Jester, or a hostile TP with something like Paranoid Gun Owner, or a double bluff.

The claim would encourage people to vote for them, thus fulfilling the Jester's wincon, or for people to act on them during the night, allowing maximum carnage. Neither seems a particularly winning thing to do for scum on D1, so it seemed unlikely to have been a double bluff.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2016, 06:35:34 pm »

FallacyofUrist - Secretly Fallen Angel
Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, and Assassin)

Angel (auto, night): You can protect another player. You will also revive upon death once per game.
Anarchist (auto): Chaos is good! As long as you are alive, each other player's night action has a 50% chance of affecting a random player.
Pillar of the Community (auto): You show up as a town version of your role on death.
Nightmare (1-shot night): Once during the game at any time, you can kill another player. This kill negates all forms of protection, and the target won't revive. You can't be detected by trackers or watchmen.
Mystery <Reflecter> (night): You have a night ability, but you don't know what it does.

ReynTheLord - Mafia Goon
Mafia
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and there are no ways to stop you.

This is interesting. I find it odd that FoU didn't mention his anarchy ability. I'd want the town to know about it at least, also, his Pillar of the Community complicates things a little.

And as for Reyn, it looks to me like his roleflip is being obscured. Or maybe he targeted Tiruin and his role got changed to mafia goon, it sounds like her role could work that way

UXLZ: I'm interested to see your N1 result too.

fillipk:

Nothing happened to me last night. Also, note that we have no idea what FoU's actual alignment is. And apparently Reyn's role is obscured.
Nope

Would you mind explaining this please?

Shakerag: Would we be told if our target was changed due to anarchy?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 31, 2016, 08:00:41 pm »

Someone turned Reyn into a vanilla for his role.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35