Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60286 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D2
« Reply #315 on: October 31, 2016, 01:10:56 am »

Nothing happened to me last night. Also, note that we have no idea what FoU's actual alignment is. And apparently Reyn's role is obscured.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 31, 2016, 01:34:09 am »

I'd say it seems likely that Reyn targeted FoU and got killed by reflection, going by the flavor of FoU's last ability.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 31, 2016, 04:29:55 am »

I did a thing to Fillipk because it's anything but killing him :P
But I've talked to Shake and as far as I know, I get NO IDEA on what happens. So...

Fillipk: What happened to ya?

Nothing happened to me last night. Also, note that we have no idea what FoU's actual alignment is. And apparently Reyn's role is obscured.
...It says he's town. And, given his attitude--filling in the blanks, I'm doubting he'd be Mafia given how he acted. It was somewhat individual looking back in brevity.
Also about Reyn...could someone elucidate on that front? I seriously doubt he's Mafia (yeah, my past reads too added into this), but...it's all blank. Is this role-related?

I'd say it seems likely that Reyn targeted FoU and got killed by reflection, going by the flavor of FoU's last ability.
Given how you're not yelling at the top of your lungs how I'm a LIYAH, how goes? :P

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 31, 2016, 04:32:43 am »

Wow. Who was with Reyn, anyway?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 31, 2016, 04:34:39 am »

Wow. Who was with Reyn, anyway?
You...are-...ok what?
Imic, could you be more clear with your insight or reasoning there? :P There's a lot I could draw from this statement that ends in ???

How did you see Reyn and what're you thinking now?
I'll make a better/bigger post later on. Busy resting from thesis waiting for feedback for thesis!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 31, 2016, 04:40:20 am »

I'm re - reading the thread, and I am thinking while typing.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 31, 2016, 04:56:52 am »

Right p, then. I have gathered up every single thing that Reyn said.

Log tables
ReynTheLord:Sorry, Woke up late. Not voting On anything today, electshuns arent until damn november, URP. Nothin suspicious going on yet.

URP, Firs of al, I wouldn't kill nobody *BURP*... Secondly, whasha post restriction...

Alrigh'ty, Lets ask some queshtions... *Drunken burp*,
TheDarkStar:How high are ye
FallacyofUrist:Are ye a vampire?
Imic:Running outta them questions
Tiruin:If ye were an Ayylien, who'dya abduckt?
Weirdo:IF ye were A cultist, who'd ye convert first.
hector13:If ye were A werewolf, Who'd ya go after?
TheWetSheep:If You were Vigilante, WHo would Ye be after first
juicebox:If you were a SK, who would ye target
fillipk:Wanna Come to my house or a drink?

UXLZ:If Ye Had a Daykill, Would you use it, and on who?
TheBiggerFish:If Ye Were Mafia, Who would ye go fer first?

(I'm trying to be drunk, ok? If you don't want me to be drunk, That's fine.)

Urp, We Might have sum aliens in this ere town... URP.... (channeling my inner drunk) I fel Like some ayylmaos would be schumthin excitin for this e're wee town.

Naw, I'm just stating some possibilities

I have no votes currently.PLus, I'm not extend... Oh, already night...

I guess i'll go back to bed.

I don't have any votes.

Reyn: What is your goal this game; how do you plan to achieve it?

My goal is to win, Have fun,and not let this get in the way of school, too much. I ask the same question in relation to you, Tiruin.

My goal is to win, Have fun,and not let this get in the way of school, too much. I ask the same question in relation to you, Tiruin.
Define your idea of winning, please.

Mine is catching scum, lynching or by action (although I can't kill and while I can inspect/random-other-action-that-is-nonkill), and in general have fun while going all power-silly and having a lighthearted approach in the daygame while in the same aiming to forward my wincondition. :P

You have an answer to the question--what will you do with it?

Achive whatever Wincon I have. That's how you win, of course.

I vote for NO LYNCH

Why am I choosing no vote? Simply because we have no evidence to vote for anyone yet. Nobody has been attacked, there are no death notes, Nothing indicating if someone's a traitor or not. This is not a witch hunt, nor is it a communism hunt. We need to be civilized here and not make hasty decisions which could fuck us over in the long run. What if who you're voting for is the one who's going to save your life. Dont kill people just because Voting for execution is fun, or because they're saying wierd things. They might just be autistic or something. Until we have proof that their death is more valuable then them being alive, Don't kill them. Simple strategy.

They might just be autistic or something.
Dude. No. -_- You don't do that kind of shorthand stereotyping.
I know several of the players out of Mafia and yeah, some of them have autism :v

I made a huge mistake there saying that. Probably felt too safe saying that because I, myself, am on the autism spectrum. Anyways, you made some good points, And I agree that we could get evidence out of it. However, I'm not one to risk accidentally killing someone really important.

ReynTheLord:
I don't have any votes.
This is only an excuse to not do anything if your only goal is to not get lynched, i.e. you're scum.

Define your idea of winning, please.

Mine is catching scum, lynching or by action (although I can't kill and while I can inspect/random-other-action-that-is-nonkill), and in general have fun while going all power-silly and having a lighthearted approach in the daygame while in the same aiming to forward my wincondition. :P

You have an answer to the question--what will you do with it?

Achive whatever Wincon I have. That's how you win, of course.
And that wincon is obviously not town, since if it was you would have told us. So what is it?

FoU: I guess I'm probing?

I would like to note, for future reference, that this looks like a bandwagon on me. Mainly because hector's voting me because reasons(which seems reasonable), but the other two are only going with "I agree with hector". I'd bet at least one of the three people voting me are scum.
Seriously, I think this absolute avoidance of bandwagoning (and taking bandwagoning as the highest level of scumtell) actually hurts town play. People see someone agree with someone else and automatically go "bandwagoning scum!" Sometimes you just see a case and agree with it, and that's totally okay.

FoU, Tiruin, UXLZ, TBF, TDS, fillipk: Y'all know how to play. Why aren't you voting for anyone?

If I said that wincon, someone would assume i'd be lying anyways.

Because...
Okay.

ReynTheLord:

It still gives us more to work with. Regardless of what you say, people are going to assume you're lying. But it'll still help. So. Alignment claim, please.

Why are you still voting No Lynch, anyway? You've seen the
Spoiler: On D1 No-lynches (click to show/hide)
Rant, right? Any lynch is better than no lynch on information terms.

However, I'm not one to risk accidentally killing someone really important.
Okay. So we don't kill anybody, don't lynch anybody. That sort of hesitation will get you nowhere. Except maybe, it might get you into Losetown. Because then mafia gibs everybody.
~~~
Everybody who has not answered the Night Action Type question I asked everybody: please answer it, it'll be helpful tomorrow. And after that.

Third party. Nonhostile.

Day will end Friday October 28th, 12:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.  0 extensions left for this day.

Vote Count
------------------------
TheDarkStar (0) -
FallacyofUrist (2) - hector13, juicebox
Imic (0) -
Tiruin (0) -
Weirdo (0) -
hector13 (0) -
TheWetSheep (0) -
juicebox (0) -
fillipk (0) -
ReynTheLord (2) - TheWetSheep, FallacyofUrist
UXLZ (0) -
TheBiggerFish (0) -
No Lynch (1) - ReynTheLord

Not Voting (7) - Tiruin, Weirdo, UXLZ, TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar, fillipk, Imic

Lynching FoU

unvote

I Fucking admit to being scum, ok? If you want to lynch me, feel free to do so. Just remember that I have a night inspection which may be helpful to you.

I'm being executed at the end of the day anyways. I'm just going to be honest. I'm scum. Now, I could help the town, as I have a kill ability AND night investigations which allow me to determine someones role exactly. Now could I please either die in peace or live to help the town?

I'm being executed at the end of the day anyways. I'm just going to be honest. I'm scum. Now, I could help the town, as I have a kill ability AND night investigations which allow me to determine someones role exactly. Now could I please either die in peace or live to help the town?

Reyne, the person with the most votes was Urist...

they were unvoting and going for me. I'm admitting scum. My night investigation ability might be of use.

It seems that nobody has seen these sorts of tactics before....

D2 will end Wednesday, November 2nd at 12:30 PM Central Time.  There are 2 extensions left for the day.

BAHHHHHHHHHHH

Towards the start he was being veeeery suspicious. Later on, he sobered up and started doing stuff. His third party non hostile claim certainly was a lie, because then he went and claimed scum. Not sure why he thought that that would end well. Fallacy did actually seem to be a townie in retrospect, as he was genuinely trying to find the scum, it seems. I have gathered this all in case it comes in useful.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 31, 2016, 05:51:42 am »

Important things about FoU:

- He could have been scum, since he was a Pillar of the Community
- Everything during that night could be really screwed up, since he was an anarchist

Filipk: Any reason you have two votes?

Weirdo: Why should we not lynch you if you're not going to say anything except to avoid getting replaced for inactivity?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 31, 2016, 05:59:04 am »

Wetsheep, you have a very good point. Who knows what happened last night. I'm surprised that no-one else was killed, though.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 31, 2016, 08:11:35 am »

Towards the start he was being veeeery suspicious. Later on, he sobered up and started doing stuff. His third party non hostile claim certainly was a lie, because then he went and claimed scum. Not sure why he thought that that would end well. Fallacy did actually seem to be a townie in retrospect, as he was genuinely trying to find the scum, it seems. I have gathered this all in case it comes in useful.
When I read that bit about admittance, it comes off more like 'admit the pressure >_>' but...it's weird that way. Reasoning it out further, if he's town, then he wouldn't REALLY DO THAT BECAUSE THAT'S CONTRARY TO THE WINCON. :I
But brevity and my grumpiness aside--I'm still placing the benefit of the doubt that he is, assuredly, scum by that method.
...In which 'he died' in the night :v is helpful to note. By reflection, if UXLZ is right. (What new role did he get :V I'm DEEPLY CURIOUS given the special note of action events and then UXIE being the person saying something akin to 'I tracked this')

Wetsheep, you have a very good point. Who knows what happened last night. I'm surprised that no-one else was killed, though.
If it's a point about lynching people with bad day play, it's an incomplete one to suffice :v But it's something in development and I too am curious as to Weir's behavior. o-o

Weirdo: Could I ask your insights to the situation at hand?
Could I also ask why you acted very...brief, back in D1?

Imic: Please clarify those two last sentences there. "Surprised" no-one else was killed?
What point does TWS have that you're acknowledging?

- Everything during that night could be really screwed up, since he was an anarchist

Filipk: Any reason you have two votes?

Weirdo: Why should we not lynch you if you're not going to say anything except to avoid getting replaced for inactivity?
You forgot that one point where he never mentioned him reviving and thus wasting the lynch.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 31, 2016, 08:23:49 am »

Edit: Just remembered why I'm being easily dismissive of believing Reyn being actual scum--other than his attitude, snippet posts (thanks Imic) regarding him talking about his own attitude :P
Along with regard towards other people; while I'd say that one mention of autism would be more of an OOC-playstyle comment, the way he mentioned it along with preceeding notes also help give insight into his playstyle. Honestly, if he's scum, he's someone I'd love to play with in the future given his gentlemanly nature (which is pretty common in B12 but every bit is as important as the masses).

Next off:

@2: Action order.
Shakerag: What does an Anarchist affect in the action list if the anarchist dies during the night?
And to avoid unclarity, some bullets for good measure.
> If an Anarchist dies to an external kill--does any action following that be 'not' affected by the passive ability of the Anarchist?
> If there are roles that mention 'you show up as {x} upon death', this also pertains to all roles listed, aye?
For example, if someone has Spy (Mafia) or whatever (Mafia) specific roles exist, how will those roles appear if 'in the other alignment'? Are you going to find a Xylbot role that matches the same effect and post that instead?
> May we have an example of the above being displayed?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 31, 2016, 08:26:11 am »

Once upon a time, there was a little sheep.

And that sheep said, "BAH."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 31, 2016, 08:33:20 am »

@Tiruin

I am surprised that no - one else was killed that night, because of all of the positions that we have. Although, it wauld make sense, since fallacy rising from the dead was kindof suspicious. Saying that sounds so stupid.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 31, 2016, 08:38:26 am »

@Tiruin

I am surprised that no - one else was killed that night, because of all of the positions that we have. Although, it wauld make sense, since fallacy rising from the dead was kindof suspicious. Saying that sounds so stupid.
How do you figure it's surprising?  One scumkill, one vigkill, probably from Fallacy, on the person who claimed scum.

I mean, unless you were expecting trigger-happy vigilantes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 31, 2016, 09:02:10 am »

I tried to kill him.

My actions have a 50% chance of failure though... may have been someone else that actually did the deed.

I'm not sure scum would've done it though, given he was the lynch target from D1; still would've had some suspicion on him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35