Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60310 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2016, 11:06:58 am »

Anyone willing to give me odds on FoU being a Jester?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2016, 12:20:26 pm »

hector: I gues they are pretty much the same.I think it's because I derived my questions from your arguments with TWS and FoU. I don't think FoU's a jester

FoU:
Ooh, I like this one. Okay...

Everybody: Please categorize your current night strategy as one of these: Aggressive(whatever you're doing, you're pushing, taking risks, doing things you're uncertain about because they may produce results), Probing(you wait and see, you analyze, you only act on things you're relatively certain about, you're cautious), Defensive(you want to keep yourself safe above most else, may involve acting on people who attack you during the day), Random(you don't care about who you're acting on at this point), Other(explain), Extreme(choose another night strategy and take it to the extreme), Cross(your strategy is somewhere between two others).

My night strategy is probing

I would like to note, for future reference, that this looks like a bandwagon on me. Mainly because hector's voting me because reasons(which seems reasonable), but the other two are only going with "I agree with hector". I'd bet at least one of the three people voting me are scum.

My vote on you was actually more of a pressure vote on you.

So, how important do you think the night phase is in this game? More specifically, do you think it is important enough that you don't have to put as much effort into the day game?

UXLZ: maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't see what's causing you to lose your powers.

Imic: Is there any other reason you're voting for FoU? The one you're currently giving isn't really a good one

Weirdo: Do you plan on actually doing anything this game?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2016, 01:13:46 pm »

@Juicebox

I'm not really sure, just jumping on the bandwagon, really. Although, if he is a jester...
Unvote
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2016, 01:14:36 pm »

I don't think FoU's a Jester, it doesn't fit.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2016, 01:15:56 pm »

And no, I don't know why or what it doesn't fit.

But they just don't feel very Jester-y.

hector:How badly do you think Mafia Marathon's current state might be affecting your Jesterdar here?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2016, 01:22:47 pm »

0%.
~~~
UXLZ: maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't see what's causing you to lose your powers.
this is my take on it: he's acting on Tiruin tonight, and Tiruin claimed Teal Goo.
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2016, 02:06:53 pm »

I vote for NO LYNCH
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2016, 02:07:36 pm »

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 27, 2016, 02:18:41 pm »

I picked weirdo because he was the first one to get in this game.  I wanted to see how he would react.
How about 'she', guy?
Sorry about this.  Honestly didn't know.

0%.
I'd up it to 25%

I've got some suspicions but nothing concrete, I'm okay with a Fou lynch but I'm not jumping on the bandwagon.

EBWOP: Especially since this came up
I vote for NO LYNCH
This is by far the worst thing we can do aside from lynching a Jester.  It gives us no new information to work with day 2.  This was covered in a beginners mafia at least there was an article in the opening post
Spoiler: On D1 No-lynches (click to show/hide)
Here it is for your convenience.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2016, 02:24:39 pm »

I...still don't see why there's a significant motion towards him, or that kind of thinking.
That, and a Jester is an alignment rather than any such role or ability :O Where did that idea pop from?

I may be missing a lot however due to being busybusy.

I vote for NO LYNCH
So much brevity.

Reyn: Please give more details to your posts rather than the impulsiveness that seems to be happening :P

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2016, 02:24:59 pm »

Day will end Friday October 28th, 12:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.  0 extensions left for this day.

Vote Count
------------------------
TheDarkStar (0) -
FallacyofUrist (2) - hector13, juicebox
Imic (0) -
Tiruin (0) -
Weirdo (0) -
hector13 (0) -
TheWetSheep (0) -
juicebox (0) -
fillipk (1) - TheWetSheep
ReynTheLord (0) -
UXLZ (0) -
TheBiggerFish (0) -
No Lynch (1) - ReynTheLord

Not Voting (8) - FallacyofUrist, Tiruin, Weirdo, UXLZ, TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar, fillip, Imic

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2016, 02:38:15 pm »

I...still don't see why there's a significant motion towards him, or that kind of thinking.
That, and a Jester is an alignment rather than any such role or ability :O Where did that idea pop from?

He knows why I want him to pressure TBF, it was a component of our discussion.

Thus, he's either playing at silly buggers, he actually is a silly bugger, he's not paying attention to the game, or he's a Jester.

I'm inclined to think it's one of the latter two, particularly when he said his scum game was based on improvisation and then he said he was winging it in this game.

He might be a mad-bomber of course... that would be interesting. I guess at this point I'm trying to figure out reasons why not to vote for him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2016, 02:54:14 pm »

Why am I choosing no vote? Simply because we have no evidence to vote for anyone yet. Nobody has been attacked, there are no death notes, Nothing indicating if someone's a traitor or not. This is not a witch hunt, nor is it a communism hunt. We need to be civilized here and not make hasty decisions which could fuck us over in the long run. What if who you're voting for is the one who's going to save your life. Dont kill people just because Voting for execution is fun, or because they're saying wierd things. They might just be autistic or something. Until we have proof that their death is more valuable then them being alive, Don't kill them. Simple strategy.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2016, 03:04:30 pm »

Why am I choosing no vote? Simply because we have no evidence to vote for anyone yet. Nobody has been attacked, there are no death notes, Nothing indicating if someone's a traitor or not. This is not a witch hunt, nor is it a communism hunt. We need to be civilized here and not make hasty decisions which could fuck us over in the long run. What if who you're voting for is the one who's going to save your life. Dont kill people just because Voting for execution is fun, or because they're saying wierd things. They might just be autistic or something. Until we have proof that their death is more valuable then them being alive, Don't kill them. Simple strategy.
Here's one major mention on why NO VOTING someone in a game IN THIS theme is important--while I understand your viewpoint, a lynch at this time will provide information (eg 'Like if anyone is White Goo' or any possible abilities that are present), hence why the day game is extremely important in finding out information (and my partly bluntly not-effectively poking people who keep poking in brevity isn't that efficient -_-)

Do note: We're ALL being civilized here :P (also woaaa, expletives for impact there. o_o)
But I do note that you're seemingly more bound to 'what ifs' rather than 'what can be worked with now'. Do please increase your day game to account for those vaguely-placed-future-bound what ifs :O Activity helps a lot here.

...And looking over the reasoning of the voters on the target, it's less 'lolvoteded' and more 'steps of reasoning'. WHile I may not agree with them over voting FoU, I do believe that they have a sincere point (or at least one meant to seem sincere if scum, or something actually sincere because the play is scummy, by scum to others :v)

They might just be autistic or something.
Dude. No. -_- You don't do that kind of shorthand stereotyping.
I know several of the players out of Mafia and yeah, some of them have autism :v
But what's being worked with is the context of playstyle. People CAN ACTUALLY GET ACCUSED of active lurking and that is a reasonable given regardless.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 27, 2016, 03:08:18 pm »

We don't do death notes here. People have been attacked. Person you're voting for could kill you just as easily, intentionally or otherwise since it's bastard. Killing people for information, specifically role flip. FoU is a fine choice.

Also what Tiruin said.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35