Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60315 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #210 on: October 26, 2016, 07:46:56 am »

What's on my mind is full claiming my role and then using an action on you tonight. If I die and show up as something other than the fullclaim, everyone will know you lied about your abilities, potentially to discourage investigative night actions from targeting you. If I survive and my role is not changed, I'll personally know you were lying, though there'd be no real way to convince the others.
:V
...ok? Do it. (Just don't kill me, or if you believe I'm scum [I've bad attendance lately >_> Although my one statement before entering the game does kind of stand; I'll be more role power-y...and then I got all autos :V] you can bop me!)

And uh, I seriously would like you to not do that unless you have a sucky role setup (or you're scum and are just being apparent to dissuade my [first-time awesome bulletproof vest!]).
Why do you actually think I'll be lying in the first place IF I even DID that? >_> (Unless you're more speaking out your plan, which is more understandable than the ??? impression I got before I began thinking :v).

The other thing is if you aren't lying, a fullclaim isn't really all that negative because my ability and role will be reset anyway. It's a fairly safe plan, unless I'm missing something drastic. Any non-SK roles with a kill ability would also not likely want to take me out, in case I ended up on their side.
I think there's a partial claim there :P It's like you're saying 'if she ain't really Teal goo, my rability/role will be reset anyway!'. Hoh!
Why the partial claims here?

DO NOTE (I would like people to LOOK for the latest PickYourOwnROleMafia game and see the context of the gameplay):
> The prevalence of roles dissuade the usual role-bias (ie Trust cops more! They're important!). Anyone can be anyone, and the core play still relies on either pattern/network matching, fullclaims + action planning, or general day play--scum in these games have the added ability of fakeclaiming POWERFULLY, however there is a significant note that this is mostly always parallel to their real roles due to the funtime of people investigating literally everyone else :3

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 26, 2016, 07:59:04 am »

'if she ain't really Teal goo, my rability/role will be reset anyway!'

I really don't get where you're getting that impression from. Can you go into a more detailed description on exactly what makes you think that?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 26, 2016, 08:27:47 am »

'if she ain't really Teal goo, my rability/role will be reset anyway!'

I really don't get where you're getting that impression from. Can you go into a more detailed description on exactly what makes you think that?
The wording. :O

Edit: Wait...
The other thing is if you aren't lying, a fullclaim isn't really all that negative because my ability and role will be reset anyway. It's a fairly safe plan, unless I'm missing something drastic. Any non-SK roles with a kill ability would also not likely want to take me out, in case I ended up on their side.
I read this as 'if you are lying' -_-
Ahaaaaa I'm tired x~x

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 26, 2016, 09:28:31 am »

Day will end Friday October 28th, 12:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.  0 extensions left for this day.

Vote Count
------------------------
TheDarkStar (0) -
FallacyofUrist (2) - hector13, juicebox
Imic (0) -
Tiruin (0) -
Weirdo (0) -
hector13 (0) -
TheWetSheep (0) -
juicebox (1) - Imic
fillipk (1) - TheWetSheep
ReynTheLord (0) -
UXLZ (0) -
TheBiggerFish (0) -
No Lynch (0) -

Not Voting (8) - FallacyofUrist, Tiruin, Weirdo, ReynTheLord, UXLZ, TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar, fillipk

Secondly, Shakerag: If a player has their role changed and is killed the same night, do they show up the next day as their old role, or their new one?
I know it's likely in the order of operations, but I'd like to have the answer directly from you to be certain.
They would show up as the new role.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 26, 2016, 09:39:20 am »

Unvote
I am not sure at all now who is what.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 26, 2016, 09:42:14 am »

I don't have any votes.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 26, 2016, 02:12:04 pm »

Gah :I I was going to write up my reads but then busyness + emotions + thesis happened that I'm now tired and it is Wednesday.

Basically went along the lines of interest towards fillipk due to very early claiming of connections and the like--that given that manner of approach towards Weir, I, and Reyn, there is a very possible manner of checking alignment most likely being a day cop, but with connection in checking others? But that included awaiting a response (and then my reading got cut off from there because busy)

Why are people voting FoU again? As in, voting and leaving it there for the lynch but the follow-up doesn't look that active?

Weir looks more like a newbie to me and more assessing her own playstyle (ie She ain't Roo :V). Sort of probably just like how I'd be playing if I hadn't had this set of roles :P but that's inferring too much from my own viewpoint. Although it does make it hard to glean what she thinks, I ask this for Weirdo: What is your goal in this game, and do you believe day activity helps a lot more than using your role abilities?

I don't have any votes.
But you have a voice.
Are you interested in using your voice, or is it that because you don't have a vote, it is connected to how active you are?
Reyn: What is your goal this game; how do you plan to achieve it?

TBF: You post from your phone everytime (99% of your time on the forum as far as I know? :P), and that may usually result in brevity or shorthand posts, remarks, comments, and things that may seem off to the usual forumgoer who does not have the time to be connected insomuch as their usual communication blends over (as in the writing is usually letter-like in sounding). So!
What are your reads on others? What is your insight on hector's analysis of you? What do you think about being called a 'lurker' (active lurking); do you know what that means?

hector: If I missed it--what's your insights on TBF? What do you think about brevity and content of posts in this game; is there any indication that you can glean from one's posts or are you generally someone who likes to use role powers when uncertain?

Very lacking late late RVS-ish questioning. Wow. :v Go me. I'm the blobby.
Wobble wobble. Gloop gloop. Swish swish. Blorple.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 26, 2016, 02:18:17 pm »

My goal is to win, Have fun,and not let this get in the way of school, too much. I ask the same question in relation to you, Tiruin.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 26, 2016, 02:29:28 pm »

My goal is to win, Have fun,and not let this get in the way of school, too much. I ask the same question in relation to you, Tiruin.
Define your idea of winning, please.

Mine is catching scum, lynching or by action (although I can't kill and while I can inspect/random-other-action-that-is-nonkill), and in general have fun while going all power-silly and having a lighthearted approach in the daygame while in the same aiming to forward my wincondition. :P

You have an answer to the question--what will you do with it?

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 26, 2016, 02:34:44 pm »

Define your idea of winning, please.

Mine is catching scum, lynching or by action (although I can't kill and while I can inspect/random-other-action-that-is-nonkill), and in general have fun while going all power-silly and having a lighthearted approach in the daygame while in the same aiming to forward my wincondition. :P

You have an answer to the question--what will you do with it?

Achive whatever Wincon I have. That's how you win, of course.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 26, 2016, 03:25:58 pm »

Why are people voting FoU again? As in, voting and leaving it there for the lynch but the follow-up doesn't look that active?

My most recent post questioning him boils it down to the issues I have regarding him.

His responses haven't seemed to coincide with the idea of getting more information into the game, and his desire to draw TBF into an argument that was only really producing walls of text. He knows how to pressure people, he just doesn't seem to want to.

As for follow-up, there's not much more that can be done, I think. He's been asked questions, he has votes on him. He's presently the lynchee, and that's unlikely to change if he disappears now.

Juicebox's questions are bothersome, seeing as they are more or less the same questions I asked TWS and FoU, just... less wordy :))

Speaking of which:

TWS: y'all failed to answer the question I asked:

What were you pushing it for? Did you have a goal in mind for when you would stop pushing it, or did you just give up because I said the main point of your case was weak?

hector: If I missed it--what's your insights on TBF?

If you mean by meta, he tends to take things at face value, and has trouble with generating content from nothing, to the point of not using his vote until he's confident someone deserves it. I can't say for certain, but he also goes with his gut. Whether he refines those gut feelings privately or not, I don't know.

If you mean this game specifically... not a lot. Play so far fits his meta, though the apparent active refusal to take part is new.

What do you think about brevity and content of posts in this game; is there any indication that you can glean from one's posts or are you generally someone who likes to use role powers when uncertain?

Brevity is something I have issues with. You may have noticed.

I usually get gut feelings from posts that I like to clear up through pressure.

I don't like being uncertain, but role powers can clear that up to some extent, though not always.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2016, 06:37:40 pm »

Hector: I didn't miss it; I explicitly said I wasn't getting to everything I wanted to in that post.

Well you did say you found it suspicious that I was pressuring other people after you pointed out I hadn't done so within the first 4 hours of an approximately 132 hour D1 - a point in the game I'm fairly sure everyone will agree was RVS, I think only about 6 people had said anything at that point. You also said RVS questions didn't have any inherent value to them, but spent half of D1 focusing on an incident that occurred slap bang in the middle of the RVS period.
If I notice something suspicious, I'm going to pressure it, and it doesn't matter at all when it happened. It's true that that first point there was weak, but that's not very important (it wasn't my main point). And you totally took my RVS question statement out of context and applied it to where it's not at all relevant - just because I said I don't care about following up all my RVS questions doesn't mean that RVS period can contain nothing worth mentioning. Who's twisting words now?

I mean, it initially seemed like you were poking for a reaction, but then you carried it on for far too long for that, and then ignored other things that I was doing. Then you said this:

Hector: I saw you as mildly defensive because you attacked only the questions asked to you. I wanted to see how far I could push it.

Which doesn't make sense to me because you pushed it without really getting a read on me, and as far as I can tell, not much content given my story didn't change.

What were you pushing it for? Did you have a goal in mind for when you would stop pushing it, or did you just give up because I said the main point of your case was weak?
Either when I got a decent read on you or when I ran out of things that would make sense to pressure you on (the latter is what happened). I didn't give up because you said my case was weak, I gave up because it was weak.

Generally I will push someone until I get a strong(er) reading one way or another, so again, this doesn't make sense to me. I have done more than what initially piqued your suspicions, but you don't appear to have applied that to your scumhunting/read of me, which seems very... cavalier? As though everything that happens outside of your interactions doesn't matter, or won't influence what you're doing or thinking.
I read your posts and nothing really jumped out as noteworthy. I would've liked to augment it with other stuff but couldn't find much.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 26, 2016, 06:45:26 pm »

So getting reads on people based off of the questions that you asked them is meaningless? What did you ask the questions for then, if not to analyze the answers?
FoU: Based on the answers you received to your hypotheticals, who do you see as the most scummy?
I'll remind you that I asked my hypotheticals to stimulate conversation and give me ideas for night tactics, not to determine alignment.
~~~
[1]. Yes. That's what we all do, to some extent.
[14]. My day play style is basically "winging it", I've realized.

[1*]Perhaps you'd like to reconcile these statements with this one:

FallacyofUrist: I've not played with you. How would you describe your scum playstyle?

Improvise. Then keep improvising. Then keep improvising. Repeat.

Also, try to look town.

[8, 9]. Why? Are you just trying to occupy my time with meaninglessness to decrease my effectiveness?

I asked you to provide reads on players you've asked questions to, citing responses to those questions. An excellent opportunity for you to show how effective you've been, no?

[2*]Should we take it, then, that you have no reads on any of the players you've questioned today?

[13]. I was trying to draw him into this argument. More conversation, more chances for one of us to trip up if we're scum.

[3*]What would you say is the best way to put pressure on someone?

[1*]: It's easy. Regardless of what my alignment is, I tend to improvise a lot. I'm better at the night game.

[2*]: Nah, I have reads. Or at least I think I do. They just aren't particularly strong.

[3*]: A multiple pronged approach. First: vote them. Then: get into a conversation with them. Be sure to make it a conversation where you ask most of the questions, and do so in something of an aggressive manner. You're doing an excellent job of that, congrats. Later in the game, you may be able to involve role powers by tactical application of hints.

He knows how to pressure people, he just doesn't seem to want to.

It's a bit hard for me to both attack and defend at the same time. Not skilled enough with the day game yet.

Brevity is something I have issues with. You may have noticed.

Yes. I have. Thanks for using shorter posts now, by the way. Makes it easier for me to focus.
~~~
Ooh, I like this one. Okay...

Everybody: Please categorize your current night strategy as one of these: Aggressive(whatever you're doing, you're pushing, taking risks, doing things you're uncertain about because they may produce results), Probing(you wait and see, you analyze, you only act on things you're relatively certain about, you're cautious), Defensive(you want to keep yourself safe above most else, may involve acting on people who attack you during the day), Random(you don't care about who you're acting on at this point), Other(explain), Extreme(choose another night strategy and take it to the extreme), Cross(your strategy is somewhere between two others).

Mine, methinks, is Cross(Probing, Defensive).

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 26, 2016, 06:58:24 pm »

It doesn't take skill to attack and defend...

I'll tell you what, I won't respond to your stuff above 'til tomorrow. Feel free to do as you said in [3*] to TBF, unburdened by the need to respond to me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 26, 2016, 07:00:05 pm »

@FoU:Probing/Defensive, most likely.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35