Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60363 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #225 on: October 26, 2016, 09:45:10 pm »

FoU: Offensive.

Reyn: What is your goal this game; how do you plan to achieve it?

My goal is to win, Have fun,and not let this get in the way of school, too much.

ReynTheLord: It's odd that you don't say what your wincon actually is. Why aren't you stating it (paraphrased from the role PM, of course)?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 26, 2016, 11:43:52 pm »

Quote from: Fallacy's Rolefishing
Everybody: Please categorize your current night strategy as one of these: Aggressive(whatever you're doing, you're pushing, taking risks, doing things you're uncertain about because they may produce results), Probing(you wait and see, you analyze, you only act on things you're relatively certain about, you're cautious), Defensive(you want to keep yourself safe above most else, may involve acting on people who attack you during the day), Random(you don't care about who you're acting on at this point), Other(explain), Extreme(choose another night strategy and take it to the extreme), Cross(your strategy is somewhere between two others).
This feels like rolefishing Fallacy of Urist.  I have a plan to do stuff at night.  Probably defensive.  Or I could use a mystery ability.

I'm sorry for being less active I'll get a good post up Thursday.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2016, 01:03:02 am »

@ Juicebox
Sorry, I missed your post.
I am thinking that hector has a good argument with fallacyofurist
The reason that I voted for you was because you voted for me. Simple as.
Bbut aside from that, I hinestly am not sure. I am new around here, after all.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2016, 01:09:05 am »

Here's the roleclaim for if something goes pear-shaped investigating Tiruin tonight.

Adored Med School Student

Nurse (auto): When a doctor dies, I will become a doctor.
Foo (night): I am apparently a vanilla townie with no abilities... Except for naturally amazing scum talents which allow me to inspect a player and learn their alignment.
Unlynchable (auto): If I am lynched, you will return to life.
Sleeper Reviver (auto): Currently not active, but if Weirdo dies you will become a Reviver. This insinuates Weirdo has some sort of revival ability, likely tying into why she's playing in such an obvious "lynch-me" fashion.
[Reviver (disabled auto): I will revive once on death.]
Motivator (night): At night, I can choose to grant someone an additional vote for the next day. Sort of sad to lose this one, but oh well.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 27, 2016, 02:48:47 am »

I think I balive you. You are also probably going to die, so good luck.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2016, 03:20:42 am »

Here's the roleclaim for if something goes pear-shaped investigating Tiruin tonight.

Adored Med School Student

Nurse (auto): When a doctor dies, I will become a doctor.
Foo (night): I am apparently a vanilla townie with no abilities... Except for naturally amazing scum talents which allow me to inspect a player and learn their alignment.
Unlynchable (auto): If I am lynched, you will return to life.
Sleeper Reviver (auto): Currently not active, but if Weirdo dies you will become a Reviver. This insinuates Weirdo has some sort of revival ability, likely tying into why she's playing in such an obvious "lynch-me" fashion.
[Reviver (disabled auto): I will revive once on death.]
Motivator (night): At night, I can choose to grant someone an additional vote for the next day. Sort of sad to lose this one, but oh well.
...You won't learn much from investigating me other than getting a Mafia result. >_> *cough*
Also huh--I have an auto connected TO Weirdo, actually. It's that revive thingy. :O
Motivate me instead! :P

I however do not believe that Weirdo has a connection otherwise as my role doesn't look connected at all to what I read there onto yours.

PFP THESIS'ING

I think I balive you. You are also probably going to die, so good luck.
What brought that second sentence up? :v

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2016, 03:22:58 am »

Edoot:
Ooh, I like this one. Okay...

Everybody: Please categorize your current night strategy as one of these: Aggressive(whatever you're doing, you're pushing, taking risks, doing things you're uncertain about because they may produce results), Probing(you wait and see, you analyze, you only act on things you're relatively certain about, you're cautious), Defensive(you want to keep yourself safe above most else, may involve acting on people who attack you during the day), Random(you don't care about who you're acting on at this point), Other(explain), Extreme(choose another night strategy and take it to the extreme), Cross(your strategy is somewhere between two others).

Mine, methinks, is Cross(Probing, Defensive).
Weird. There's a lack of follow-up on all this.
Why would you be planning such a thing when it merely gives vague details as to one's capabilities? I'd understand that there's planning involved in scumhunting/roleorganizing but this one appears...lacking.

And I've no idea how to define mine other than 'either investigate a dude or do some random thing I can't control to them that's not a kill'; guess I'll be investigating FIllipk.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2016, 03:31:58 am »

I brought that up because he is a power role, and that means danger to the maf- oh, wait. We're all power roles. Forgot about that for a second.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2016, 03:37:15 am »

I brought that up because he is a power role, and that means danger to the maf- oh, wait. We're all power roles. Forgot about that for a second.
Any added mention towards your insights there? Perception to the claims? Etc?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2016, 03:54:36 am »

It doesn't do much, claiming, aside fromm... Y'know, letting people know. In this game, there isn't much bad that claiming will do, since everyone is power. Now that I think of it, tonight is going to be utter pandemonium what with all of the powers happening at once.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2016, 04:51:59 am »

It doesn't do much, claiming, aside fromm... Y'know, letting people know. In this game, there isn't much bad that claiming will do, since everyone is power. Now that I think of it, tonight is going to be utter pandemonium what with all of the powers happening at once.
Do much for whom? Bear in mind that this game has multiple factions. :v
And is there anything more about that last sentence to take note of?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2016, 05:13:10 am »

Not sure. Who knows. Gtg.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2016, 08:27:42 am »

This feels like rolefishing Fallacy of Urist.  I have a plan to do stuff at night.  Probably defensive.  Or I could use a mystery ability.

Feels? Maybe. But I'd argue it's not. In fact, it may the most useful question I've asked yet.

Mainly because if you claim your actions later and they don't fit the strategy you claim, it's a point of attack.

Besides, did I ask you anything about your role? No, I just asked you what you plan to do with it, in the most abstract of abstract terms.
~~~
It doesn't take skill to attack and defend...
Then why do we have BM's?
~~~
Feel free to do as you said in [3*] to TBF, unburdened by the need to respond to me.
... why TBF in particular? And if you wouldn't choose TBF for this, who else would you choose?
~~~
I would like to note, for future reference, that this looks like a bandwagon on me. Mainly because hector's voting me because reasons(which seems reasonable), but the other two are only going with "I agree with hector". I'd bet at least one of the three people voting me are scum.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2016, 08:39:49 am »

Day will end Friday October 28th, 12:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.  0 extensions left for this day.

Vote Count
------------------------
TheDarkStar (0) -
FallacyofUrist (3) - hector13, juicebox, Imic
Imic (0) -
Tiruin (0) -
Weirdo (0) -
hector13 (0) -
TheWetSheep (0) -
juicebox (0) -
fillipk (1) - TheWetSheep
ReynTheLord (0) -
UXLZ (0) -
TheBiggerFish (0) -
No Lynch (0) -

Not Voting (8) - FallacyofUrist, Tiruin, Weirdo, ReynTheLord, UXLZ, TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar, fillipk

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2016, 10:58:37 am »

Not sure. Who knows. Gtg.
Ouch. Burn.
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35