Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60329 times)

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2016, 03:19:55 pm »

They might just be autistic or something.
Dude. No. -_- You don't do that kind of shorthand stereotyping.
I know several of the players out of Mafia and yeah, some of them have autism :v

I made a huge mistake there saying that. Probably felt too safe saying that because I, myself, am on the autism spectrum. Anyways, you made some good points, And I agree that we could get evidence out of it. However, I'm not one to risk accidentally killing someone really important.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 27, 2016, 03:28:08 pm »

And thus we know your stand. Thaaaanks :D (See that's the activity that's the life of a game regardless of anyone's alignment)
But yeah--reiterating that point, having autism or not (given that those same players I did mention are in this game right now :P) is not a factor of bias; your words can be interpreted in a way and all that's needed is your ability to respond. People can call you out on active lurking because of how you post--it happens to anyone, really. :P (It's something I questioned to hector because I wanted to get to know more about his style, and it gave me a lot of insight)
...The big problem is that I'm already linking many people on 'leaning town' and a ton less on 'leaning scum' at this point <_< (ie around ~50% already having that read, and personally that seems to early however there is the added note of context being important, and we have discussed much in the same field as there being few details in other aspects, like claims and otherwise considering me and Uxie)

However, I'm not one to risk accidentally killing someone really important.
...And the connection to what's happening now is-? :P
That 'leaning-town' thing is applying to you because of certain indicators I see in your attitude there, but in the notion of understanding the fundamentals, one generally cannot actually know if someone is really important just by virtue of there being importance unless there are actual leads to work on (which means "Tiruin suspects you've got something you're hinting very lightly there because of that caution", but it also means "Tiruin wishes for you to think about that too, because context helps playstyle", although it can also mean "Tiruin seems to care a lot about these things :I")

But yeah. Everyone is important. Even SCUM are at the same level. "Important" in this context means "everyone has randomized roles".

Shakerag: Everyone has totally random roles right? Does this include the 'alignment bound' roles like the "Mafia-Only" roles in the list appearing?
Next question--can Town have Mafia-aligned roles
  (with the condition being the context is modified to their alignment, so 'mafia kill' is translated to 'kill' instead)?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 27, 2016, 04:15:13 pm »

Shakerag: Everyone has totally random roles right? Does this include the 'alignment bound' roles like the "Mafia-Only" roles in the list appearing?
Next question--can Town have Mafia-aligned roles
  (with the condition being the context is modified to their alignment, so 'mafia kill' is translated to 'kill' instead)?
Aww, I kind of liked the orange.

Everyone's powers were completely randomly determined.  Roles were determined, to some degree, based on the set of powers and some semblance of alignment balance.

It is possible for any alignment to have any *-aligned roles.  It is possible context would be modified.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2016, 04:36:02 pm »

I vote for NO LYNCH
No.
~~~
He knows why I want him to pressure TBF, it was a component of our discussion.

Thus, he's either playing at silly buggers, he actually is a silly bugger, he's not paying attention to the game, or he's a Jester.

I'm inclined to think it's one of the latter two, particularly when he said his scum game was based on improvisation and then he said he was winging it in this game.
... no, I really don't.

I'm not a jester, I'm paying a reasonable amount of attention to the game, and yes, I am a bit silly. Little bit. Might be influenced by the music I'm listening to (Wabby Wabbo).

Anyways, yes, my scum game is based on improvisation. So is my town game. I said as much in my previous post.

He might be a mad-bomber of course... that would be interesting.
Eh?
~~~
Killing people for information, specifically role flip. FoU is a fine choice.
Bad idea for multiple reasons. Some of them day game based, some of them night game based.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 27, 2016, 04:39:03 pm »

You have the ability to go back through the posts to find out why I mentioned TBF specifically. I'm not your mother.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 27, 2016, 04:40:14 pm »

... *facepalm*

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2016, 05:11:01 pm »

ReynTheLord:
I don't have any votes.
This is only an excuse to not do anything if your only goal is to not get lynched, i.e. you're scum.

Reyn: What is your goal this game; how do you plan to achieve it?

My goal is to win, Have fun,and not let this get in the way of school, too much. I ask the same question in relation to you, Tiruin.
Define your idea of winning, please.

Mine is catching scum, lynching or by action (although I can't kill and while I can inspect/random-other-action-that-is-nonkill), and in general have fun while going all power-silly and having a lighthearted approach in the daygame while in the same aiming to forward my wincondition. :P

You have an answer to the question--what will you do with it?

Achive whatever Wincon I have. That's how you win, of course.
And that wincon is obviously not town, since if it was you would have told us. So what is it?

FoU: I guess I'm probing?

I would like to note, for future reference, that this looks like a bandwagon on me. Mainly because hector's voting me because reasons(which seems reasonable), but the other two are only going with "I agree with hector". I'd bet at least one of the three people voting me are scum.
Seriously, I think this absolute avoidance of bandwagoning (and taking bandwagoning as the highest level of scumtell) actually hurts town play. People see someone agree with someone else and automatically go "bandwagoning scum!" Sometimes you just see a case and agree with it, and that's totally okay.

FoU, Tiruin, UXLZ, TBF, TDS, fillipk: Y'all know how to play. Why aren't you voting for anyone?

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 27, 2016, 05:18:08 pm »

ReynTheLord:
I don't have any votes.
This is only an excuse to not do anything if your only goal is to not get lynched, i.e. you're scum.

Reyn: What is your goal this game; how do you plan to achieve it?

My goal is to win, Have fun,and not let this get in the way of school, too much. I ask the same question in relation to you, Tiruin.
Define your idea of winning, please.

Mine is catching scum, lynching or by action (although I can't kill and while I can inspect/random-other-action-that-is-nonkill), and in general have fun while going all power-silly and having a lighthearted approach in the daygame while in the same aiming to forward my wincondition. :P

You have an answer to the question--what will you do with it?

Achive whatever Wincon I have. That's how you win, of course.
And that wincon is obviously not town, since if it was you would have told us. So what is it?

FoU: I guess I'm probing?

I would like to note, for future reference, that this looks like a bandwagon on me. Mainly because hector's voting me because reasons(which seems reasonable), but the other two are only going with "I agree with hector". I'd bet at least one of the three people voting me are scum.
Seriously, I think this absolute avoidance of bandwagoning (and taking bandwagoning as the highest level of scumtell) actually hurts town play. People see someone agree with someone else and automatically go "bandwagoning scum!" Sometimes you just see a case and agree with it, and that's totally okay.

FoU, Tiruin, UXLZ, TBF, TDS, fillipk: Y'all know how to play. Why aren't you voting for anyone?

If I said that wincon, someone would assume i'd be lying anyways.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 27, 2016, 05:45:21 pm »

@TWS:Because I do not have anyone I feel is scummy enough to vote for.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 27, 2016, 06:14:35 pm »

FoU: Y'all know how to play. Why aren't you voting for anyone?
Like I told hector, it's hard to attack and defend at the same time.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2016, 06:16:39 pm »

And hector said they were giving you a break, FoU, so why aren't you attacking?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2016, 06:24:42 pm »

Because...
Okay.

ReynTheLord:

It still gives us more to work with. Regardless of what you say, people are going to assume you're lying. But it'll still help. So. Alignment claim, please.

Why are you still voting No Lynch, anyway? You've seen the
Spoiler: On D1 No-lynches (click to show/hide)
Rant, right? Any lynch is better than no lynch on information terms.

Okay. So we don't kill anybody, don't lynch anybody. That sort of hesitation will get you nowhere. Except maybe, it might get you into Losetown. Because then mafia gibs everybody.
~~~
Everybody who has not answered the Night Action Type question I asked everybody: please answer it, it'll be helpful tomorrow. And after that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2016, 06:35:43 pm »

Votecount, please.
Sigtext

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2016, 06:44:49 pm »

Because...
Okay.

ReynTheLord:

It still gives us more to work with. Regardless of what you say, people are going to assume you're lying. But it'll still help. So. Alignment claim, please.

Why are you still voting No Lynch, anyway? You've seen the
Spoiler: On D1 No-lynches (click to show/hide)
Rant, right? Any lynch is better than no lynch on information terms.

Okay. So we don't kill anybody, don't lynch anybody. That sort of hesitation will get you nowhere. Except maybe, it might get you into Losetown. Because then mafia gibs everybody.
~~~
Everybody who has not answered the Night Action Type question I asked everybody: please answer it, it'll be helpful tomorrow. And after that.

Third party. Nonhostile.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2016, 06:47:07 pm »

Day will end Friday October 28th, 12:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.  0 extensions left for this day.

Vote Count
------------------------
TheDarkStar (0) -
FallacyofUrist (2) - hector13, juicebox
Imic (0) -
Tiruin (0) -
Weirdo (0) -
hector13 (0) -
TheWetSheep (0) -
juicebox (0) -
fillipk (0) -
ReynTheLord (2) - TheWetSheep, FallacyofUrist
UXLZ (0) -
TheBiggerFish (0) -
No Lynch (1) - ReynTheLord

Not Voting (7) - Tiruin, Weirdo, UXLZ, TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar, fillipk, Imic
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35