Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60377 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2016, 12:05:12 am »

Quote from: B-BAKArin
Shakerag: I do recall there's a xylbot's role list. Can we have a link to it in the OP so there's full clarity to all possible roles available?

There's been one in the OP since the start of the gaaaaame LOOK MORE CLOSELY! >_>

When you say their role changes, do you mean the primary role, or just one of the effects their character might have?
I have no idea :v
Read up Teal Goo.

((Thanks Shakerag :-[ :'( ))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2016, 12:20:08 am »

((Thanks Shakerag :-[ :'( ))
Aww.  Come on.  I was barely even sassy.

(Stay safe, take care, beg/borrow/steal internet access)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2016, 12:26:43 am »

Right, so assuming standard Mafia/Town existence (rather than the hilarious Third-party/town thing), along with POWER ROLE SHENANIGANS rather than HIDDEN BASTARDRY.

Thanks!
Well, technically, you can assume anything you want.  I'm not going to confirm nor deny any of that statement.

Actually, I take that back.  I will say there's no hidden bastardry outside of whatever would count as "hidden bastardry" in the Xylbot list.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2016, 01:26:54 am »

Shakerag: Is a character's "role" considered the name of what they are + the first ability in the list which is related to that name, or is it any ability they possess?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2016, 01:49:43 am »

Shakerag: Is a character's "role" considered the name of what they are + the first ability in the list which is related to that name, or is it any ability they possess?
+1 to this question :D

I'll try to catch up soon enough today unless internets aren't repaired though.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2016, 06:14:12 am »

Unvote

Hector: I saw you as mildly defensive because you attacked only the questions asked to you. I wanted to see how far I could push it.

TBF:
Weirdo, TWS:Explain yourselves.  Why are you all acting like that?
It was a mistake.

Filipk:
Weirdo: why are you part of the not-town alliance along with Tiruin and ReynTheLord?
Why did you choose these people to ask this question?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2016, 08:06:42 am »

You wasted half a day in doing so. Well done.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2016, 08:16:22 am »

EBWOP

So I guess my question is what you hoped to gain by polishing that turd so hard?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2016, 09:15:29 am »

How is that wasted? This is how scumhunting works. Do you know what doesn't help you find scum? Telling people that their questions are bad. Devoting all your time to getting other people to generate content is a good way to look helpful without actually doing anything.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2016, 12:58:40 pm »

FoU

Orange section: how will these things you've learned help the town in this game?

How will they help you determine a player's motivation?

How will they help you determine a player's alignment?

How will you put it the thing you learned to use?
I don't know yet.
~~~
Aspersions: attacks against somebody's reputation. Basically, ad hominem. How am I attacking ad hominem?
~~~
1. That has a lot more to do with me than it has to do with your questions.

2. What follow up have you done, son? None. See 4.

3. See 1. and 2., cheeky mare.

4. You have five points from the orange section, and you follow up with two of them only because I made you address them, and then provide one instance of having done so with another player.

What did your follow up if UXLZ's questions bring to the game? Sweet fack all. You didn't even take the initiative and put pressure on TBF to be able to answer one of the questions he asked at your behest more fully. How does that generate conversation and/or content, like you say you wanted in the answer to another of his questions? You're coasting along trying to look busy. 'T ain't a townie motivation.

5. The devil's in the details. In your particular case, you haven't done anything of note despite your excess of questions on situations that may or may not exist in this game. It looks to me that you're trying to look busy, and your responses so far haven't done much to change that.

A specific example of this being your assertion you're trying to generate content and conversation, and your actions not mirroring that.

6. What context am I missing?

How do the little things that make up any given player's position and motivations fail to represent that player's position and motivations?

7. What about my play has been "scummy"? Why have you failed to pressure TBF in order to bring him from "no activity no read" to "an actually useful for town read supported with quotes and shit"?
1. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.

2. None? I disagree. Do you mean no independent follow up, or do you mean none at all?

3. Refer to 1.

4a. Okay. There's worse.

4b. It's still content, if not in depth content.

5a. Everybody but hector: Do you agree with hector's statement here?

5b. I would disagree. Refer to our conversation. And refer to 4b.

6. The whole is not equal to the sum of its parts.

7. Good idea. Also, refer to 6 of my previous post.

TheBiggerFish: please provide a commentary to this post and the one I'm responding to in this post.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2016, 01:56:31 pm »

Well what I was shooting for was:
role = name(which I tried to derive from the abilities as a whole) + all abilities
ability = one power that a role has

I might have been accidentally inconsistent, so if there are wording questions feel free to PM me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2016, 09:19:58 am »

TWS

How is that wasted? This is how scumhunting works. Do you know what doesn't help you find scum? Telling people that their questions are bad. Devoting all your time to getting other people to generate content is a good way to look helpful without actually doing anything.

I'm not sure you should be saying something like that when you devoted all of your time to a case that was based on something that happened in the first 4 hours of the game.

However, I assume you have a read on me? That's what scumhunting is s'posed to do. Perhaps you'd like to share it? Maybe with some supporting evidence from our interaction?

FoU

Spoiler: 'cause big (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2016, 11:00:44 am »

FoU

Orange section: how will these things you've learned help the town in this game?

How will they help you determine a player's motivation?

How will they help you determine a player's alignment?

How will you put it the thing you learned to use?
I don't know yet.
~~~
Aspersions: attacks against somebody's reputation. Basically, ad hominem. How am I attacking ad hominem?
~~~
1. That has a lot more to do with me than it has to do with your questions.

2. What follow up have you done, son? None. See 4.

3. See 1. and 2., cheeky mare.

4. You have five points from the orange section, and you follow up with two of them only because I made you address them, and then provide one instance of having done so with another player.

What did your follow up if UXLZ's questions bring to the game? Sweet fack all. You didn't even take the initiative and put pressure on TBF to be able to answer one of the questions he asked at your behest more fully. How does that generate conversation and/or content, like you say you wanted in the answer to another of his questions? You're coasting along trying to look busy. 'T ain't a townie motivation.

5. The devil's in the details. In your particular case, you haven't done anything of note despite your excess of questions on situations that may or may not exist in this game. It looks to me that you're trying to look busy, and your responses so far haven't done much to change that.

A specific example of this being your assertion you're trying to generate content and conversation, and your actions not mirroring that.

6. What context am I missing?

How do the little things that make up any given player's position and motivations fail to represent that player's position and motivations?

7. What about my play has been "scummy"? Why have you failed to pressure TBF in order to bring him from "no activity no read" to "an actually useful for town read supported with quotes and shit"?
1. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.

2. None? I disagree. Do you mean no independent follow up, or do you mean none at all?

3. Refer to 1.

4a. Okay. There's worse.

4b. It's still content, if not in depth content.

5a. Everybody but hector: Do you agree with hector's statement here?

5b. I would disagree. Refer to our conversation. And refer to 4b.

6. The whole is not equal to the sum of its parts.

7. Good idea. Also, refer to 6 of my previous post.

TheBiggerFish: please provide a commentary to this post and the one I'm responding to in this post.
My commentary is as follows:No, I'm not going to randomly drop into this argument just because you asked me.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »

Little less than 24 hours left in the day.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2016, 01:16:57 pm »

I am of the opinion we need to extend.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35