Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60235 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2016, 10:23:50 am »

Naw, I'm just stating some possibilities

Have you ever heard of the Reynes of Castamere?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2016, 11:17:40 am »

FoU
fillipk: Is there anything applicable to this game that you learned from modding that mafia with the circus? Big Top Mafia, methinks?
Not really.  I could look it over again to see how the scum played but I honestly don't think they played super well.  I think the closest game to this one would be the bring your own song mafia, because it was power heavy and I pretty much gave up at the end because I thought it was unwinable, mostly because I thought everyone knew the same things as me.  Mostly what I've learned from modding is that people are really good at appearing town unless pressured and even then.  Also to trust my instincts.

UXLZ
Eh, the fourth question wasn't much of a question.

One. To get you more active. And to generate conversation.
Two. Because I haven't seen you post as much as the other players. Or it might be my bias based on having not played with you before. Probably.
Three. Fish hasn't produced enough content for me to make a good judgement on him, but hector's leaning scum a bit more than Fish. Because he's jumping on the really little things in order to "find scum".

According to lurkertracker I'm somewhat in the middle. =P

Given how early it is in the game, "the really little things" are really all there are. It's not even really late enough yet to start calling people on lurking or inactivity (at least not to a major extent.)
Lurker tracker doesn't matter it's all how people perceive your activity.  Thus if you make a lot of meaningless posts it's called active lurking.

Like these two

Have you ever heard of the Reynes of Castamere?
Also it's never to early to call out someone as being scum I mean look at the first posts.  Sure they don't mean it but now that we have more content it means a lot more. So why are you defending hector UXLZ
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2016, 11:23:34 am »

Lurker tracker doesn't matter it's all how people perceive your activity.  Thus if you make a lot of meaningless posts it's called active lurking.

Except serious cases of active lurking are often more noticeable than actual lurking. I was being compared to people who have literally one post.

Also it's never to early to call out someone as being scum I mean look at the first posts.  Sure they don't mean it but now that we have more content it means a lot more. So why are you defending hector UXLZ

*yawn* try harder. My statement is correct. I'm not defending Hector specifically. Actually, you're another person homing in on the really little things, so you're just proving my point. Unless you just want to admit that you're scum or something? Which would be, you know, weird.

Unless this game has Jesters...

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2016, 11:33:22 am »

TBF

Hector: I chose you.
What are your three least noticed people?

*sigh* some people just don't want to be taught.

Weirdo, TDS and Imic.

TDS: What are you going to do to avoid being NK'd N1?

Imic: What did you learn in the BM that you can apply to this game?

Weirdo:
  • a) If you had to pick out two people right now that were scum in this game, who would you pick and why?
  • b) If you had to pick out two people right now that were town in this game, who would you pick and why?
  • Does the slightly misalignment of the lines caused by the size of the characters in "scum" and "town" bother you?

FoU

FoU: tell me one thing each of your hypothetical questions (that was not asked to everybody) has revealed in its answer.
Ha. Haha. No.
I'll do that once you tally up every answer to every hypothetical question I asked in a single post.

Challenge accepted:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These don't include your most recent two hypotheticals, seeing as how you just asked them.

One thing that each answer has revealed, please.

But I'll give you a follow through: I think, basically, what you're saying here, is that I should not be asking the hypothetical scenario questions because they don't benefit town as much as other questions.
My response:
As much as the other questions? I'm fairly sure that the purpose of RVS questions is to "shake things up", which is exactly what they're doing. In fact, they may be benefiting town even more by supplying me with ideas on how to use my abilities. Because I'm town.

While I appreciate the initiative in anticipating my thought process and where I'm going to go with it, as with TWS, don't put words in my mouth. However, I'll respond to that since it's a bit more interesting:

I note how you are trying to direct this little tete a tete in a direction you want it to go, but even then... how is this helping you to "shake things up" in RVS? What earth shattering revelations have your hypotheticals caused to get us out of randomly flailing, as TBF so aptly put it, and into actual protein-rich meaty content? You haven't followed through on any of your questions, whether they are hypothetical or not.

Nobody knows you are town, and another thing I note is how you point this out completely unbidden. How have your hypotheticals helped you to consider the alignments of the people answering them, either eliminating townies from your suspicions or adding scum/third-party to them?

You haven't followed up on any of the questions you asked, unless someone requires clarification or you asked for more questions like you did with UXLZ. This makes it look as though you are posting for the sake of posting, in order to look as though you're doing something.

This post being an excellent example of such:

Why do you want me to ask you three questions?
Why do you think I am one of the least visible players?
Between hector and BiggerFish, who is scummier?
Four questions. Good...
One. To get you more active. And to generate conversation.
Two. Because I haven't seen you post as much as the other players. Or it might be my bias based on having not played with you before. Probably.
Three. Fish hasn't produced enough content for me to make a good judgement on him, but hector's leaning scum a bit more than Fish. Because he's jumping on the really little things in order to "find scum".
Four. A player in this game, apparently.

The third answer is the salient one here, though linking back to the first one.

You say you want to generate conversation, yet you point out to someone who is not me that I'm focusing on the little things to "find scum", suggesting you don't think that's a very useful way of going about that. Why not ask me about it to clear things up?

Perhaps you would like to tell us how focusing on the little things won't help me discover someone's alignment?

Prior to this you say you don't have enough on TBF to get a read on them, so why are you not interacting with them more in order to be able to answer the question more fully? If you don't have enough on TBF, how can you possibly say I'm scummier?

I think at this point we should also note that I am voting for you, making you aspersion-casting look a little bit OMGUS-y.

PPE:

Jesters are on the Xylbot list, but bear in mind the OP says that list is not an exhaustive list of what might be in the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2016, 01:04:39 pm »

@Hector13
Watch.
Learn.
And don't claim at a bad time.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2016, 01:48:16 pm »

TDS: What are you going to do to avoid being NK'd N1?

I'll try not to claim my power role too strongly. And I'll try to avoid looking scummy to avoid getting killed by other people in the town.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2016, 01:48:47 pm »

EBWOP:

I'll try not to claim my role powers too strongly.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2016, 02:00:25 pm »

UXLZ

Except serious cases of active lurking are often more noticeable than actual lurking. I was being compared to people who have literally one post.
That's fair.  It feels to me like some-people are active lurking, Imic, TBF and ReynTheLord, I'm looking at you.

*yawn* try harder. My statement is correct. I'm not defending Hector specifically. Actually, you're another person homing in on the really little things, so you're just proving my point. Unless you just want to admit that you're scum or something? Which would be, you know, weird.

Well the problem with going after people who go after people for little things right now is that its a little thing and right now that's all we really have so I'm going to repeat myself a bit differently. Why did you feel the need to try and shut down Fallacy's inquiries into Hector by saying it's not the time to be going after people for being scum yet?

Also i was rereading this and we either something weird is going on or someone just really doesn't like the RVS.
Weirdo, Imic: You guys are kind of in the deep end here, but please try to contribute some. It's not really okay to just sit back and watch a game that you signed up to play in.
You aren't the GM.
Weirdo I asked you a very important question and i demand an answer to it.

Weirdo: why are you part of the not-town alliance along with Tiruin and ReynTheLord?
(Quoted for your convenience)
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2016, 02:34:11 pm »

Tiruin:
Oooookay, claiming here
I've extremely little of an active power role. All my roles otherwise are autos--although I'm strangely like a mirror-rock o_O (ie Revives once; Poison immune[?]; some kind of brother-connection that I'm alive as long as {this other dude is alive} but that doesn't discard that I can revive once for some reason; aaaaand I can inspect! But can be non-sane -_-}

Yeah I'm power-role-less :I
You're claiming to be a cop with a revive, and you feel that that's a safe claim? What's your reasoning on that?

filipk:

Filipk:
TWS do you find anything surprising about the role I made up in my previous post.  If you could swap your role for the role I made up would you?  How about if everybody knew you swapped for that role?
Yeah, it looks like an SK fakeclaim. Why is that?  The other questions involve subtle rolefishing, so I won't answer them.
Honestly the powers just looked interesting if I was going to make a SK fake claim I wouldn't post it now.  I respect you for not answering the other questions.  This has been noted.
But you might post it some other time? Are you an SK?

Just so we're clear if you take out the how the pattern works.  It was intentional.  As for your question weirdo or Iminic.  I think since their not posting one of them will end up lynched so I'd inspect the other.
Do you want one of them to end up lynched?

Hector:
PPE: TWS: this is getting tiresome. If you're going to ignore things I've done after you voted me - during RVS no less - what's the point in me responding? You're certainty that I'm scum after having pressured only me and interacted minimally with other people is laughable.
Here's what happened: TBF asked you some 'bad' questions. You told him they were bad questions. A few posts passed, in which you didn't pressure other people. I called you out on being defensive. Then you started pressuring other people. Do you see why I have a problem with that? And why do I have to interact with other people to be certain that you're scum?

Weirdo:
Weirdo, Imic: You guys are kind of in the deep end here, but please try to contribute some. It's not really okay to just sit back and watch a game that you signed up to play in.
You aren't the GM.
This is true. But it's not the GM's job to help you figure out how to play.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2016, 02:52:06 pm »

filipk:

Filipk:
TWS do you find anything surprising about the role I made up in my previous post.  If you could swap your role for the role I made up would you?  How about if everybody knew you swapped for that role?
Yeah, it looks like an SK fakeclaim. Why is that?  The other questions involve subtle rolefishing, so I won't answer them.
Honestly the powers just looked interesting if I was going to make a SK fake claim I wouldn't post it now.  I respect you for not answering the other questions.  This has been noted.
But you might post it some other time? Are you an SK?

Just so we're clear if you take out the how the pattern works.  It was intentional.  As for your question weirdo or Iminic.  I think since their not posting one of them will end up lynched so I'd inspect the other.
Do you want one of them to end up lynched?
Yes I'm a SK /s
Now that that's out of the way no I don't want them lynched but if weirdo keeps up this posting strategy i don't want to play with him and will probably lynch him.  Call it the Roo effect.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2016, 04:25:27 pm »

Hector:
PPE: TWS: this is getting tiresome. If you're going to ignore things I've done after you voted me - during RVS no less - what's the point in me responding? You're certainty that I'm scum after having pressured only me and interacted minimally with other people is laughable.

Here's what happened: TBF asked you some 'bad' questions. You told him they were bad questions...

"bad" suggests you don't think they were bad questions.

Tell me, how does asking someone about a non sequitur borne of misinterpretation generate content?

... a few posts passed, in which you didn't pressure other people. I called you out on being defensive. Then you started pressuring other people. Do you see why I have a problem with that?

No, I don't understand why you have a problem with that. You voted me about 3 and a half hours into the first day, at which point there was still more than 5 and a half RL days until the deadline, discounting extensions. It was late in my RL day, and I was tired, I basically wanted to check into the game, see what was happening. Made a comment about what I thought would've been a funny post restriction, misinterpreting FoU's clarification of his question, and got into a back and forth of about 6 posts with TBF - someone I have a lot of experience playing with, and I'm very familiar with his inability to generate content in RVS - and then get called out on being "defensive", though about what, I have no clue.

What was I being defensive about?

I'd like an answer this time.

Now, if you want to keep your vote on me because I'm playing the game, that's your prerogative. Just know you're not going to be taken seriously if you do, by me or anyone else.

And why do I have to interact with other people to be certain that you're scum?

You don't. However, you have spent the entirety of D1 with a case on me based on the first 4 hours of the game, which makes it look as though you're latching onto the first scummy looking thing you see and not letting go.

I notice you haven't brought up anything I've done or said after you voted me that confirms your suspicion.

Are you ignoring that?

Perhaps you'd like to outline the reasons why I am certain scum?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2016, 04:27:01 pm »

FoU: I'm not really the one for coming up with gambits, but I'll try. As town, I would probably try to redirect mafia kills back onto the mafia. As SK, I'd probably try to redirect vig kills, and as cult, I'm really not sure, perhaps redirect cult leader to someone else?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2016, 04:34:59 pm »

Shakerag: Is it possible that the game shall only continue if there are incompatible winconditions?
Are there any incompatible win conditions?
+1
I don't quite get what you're getting at Tiruin.
The game will continue until some player or players achieve their win condition.  If, somehow, there is a genuine stalemate then I'll call the game at that point.  There are no bastard win conditions in this game. 
Yes, there are incompatible win conditions.  So, sorry, there's no possible way for everyone to win.
Shakerag:Are there wincon changers?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2016, 04:36:17 pm »

filipk:Why do you say I'm active-lurking?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2016, 04:37:21 pm »

If I've missed questions aimed at me, could you repost them?  I didn't exactly pay exhaustive attention to the mass of content here.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35