Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2: DBZXV2LMNOPQRSTUVW. That's Time Travel baby.  (Read 10468 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2: DBZXV2LMNOPQRSTUVW. That's Time Travel baby.
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2016, 11:05:02 pm »

Yessss, Super Saiyan unlocked. I even went straight to SS3 (I had a large enough ki meter for it) and got the long spiky hair.

It's not about ultspam anymore, but you still feel very powerful. I think they did a much better job with it this time around.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2016, 11:50:59 pm »

Yeah, I was a Saiyan in the last time, so I made a Frieza character for my first run through so I won't be going Super Saiyan for a while. Still can't wait to get golden form though.

Also, speaking of my Saiyan from last game, importing your character is the most pointless thing ever, but I still love it for some reason. When he first showed up in a cutscene, I wasn't expecting it at all and started internally geeking out and going "Hey that's me :D"

Yessss, Super Saiyan unlocked. I even went straight to SS3 (I had a large enough ki meter for it) and got the long spiky hair.

It's not about ultspam anymore, but you still feel very powerful. I think they did a much better job with it this time around.
Yeah, I unlocked Goku's first SS variant and I can confirm that it is amazing. It really feels like you are turning into an amazing badass instead of feeling like you entered a cheat code or something.

Also, before the game was released people were saying that the trade-off for being Super Saiyan would be that your punches wouldn't reward you ki anymore, but when I'm SS1 Goku my punches do indeed give me ki, although the amount of it is definitely reduced. I'm assuming that higher forms reduce your ki-from-punches further until SS3 gives you nothing?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2016, 11:56:21 pm »

That seems to be the case, assuming Steam discussions aren't lying to me. At SS3 you pretty much need to rely on items or charging. I haven't played around with it much so I can't comment.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2016, 04:49:22 am »

Been playing with SS3 about a day. Have SS Vegeta but haven't equipped it yet. There were all sorts of trade offs in DBXZV1 between vanilla and Vegeta, that I don't think wikis are fully covering atm.

Anyways, SS in this game feels like it's done right. The balance between the advantages and the ki generation nerf is ok to me. It feels like you give up about 70% of your Ki generated so it takes a couple full combos for one bar as opposed to two or more.

The big advantage though is the Vanish Step range increase. Really allows you to stay on top of them and deal out the pain. The other supposed advantage is Heavy Striking out of Vanish Step is a guard break against people queueing up their ults. I can't make it work though. Too used to flying away from people queueing up an ult rather than straight at them, and timing the Vanish Step in that 1 or 2 second isn't easy.

Still, pretty pleased with Transformations all around, to the point I don't use it for missions that I don't feel it's necessary, just to be flavorful.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2016, 04:01:10 pm »

Do you guys know how being summoned to Frieza's ship works? I'm already level 40 and I've only been summoned a few times. I know it always happens after finishing a PQ, but I finished PQ 2 like a million times and didn't get summoned once.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 04:55:20 pm »

Events for Time Rifts seem to trigger after 2 training sessions or two PQs for me. What part of Frieza's ship are you at?
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2016, 05:49:52 pm »

Events for Time Rifts seem to trigger after 2 training sessions or two PQs for me. What part of Frieza's ship are you at?
Just joined the Ginyu Force.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2016, 07:20:43 pm »

Just make sure there's no one there you're supposed to talk to. Sometimes they have something to give after completing an event and it might forestall another one triggering.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2016, 11:50:17 pm »

Blaw blaw I'd love someone to play with blaw blaw.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2016, 07:04:02 pm »

Gave multiplayer a try against a buddy. His Frieza Clansman vs my Saiyan.

Round 1, timed out with me having more health remaining. He was in the middle of wailing on me at the time so this could have gone either way :V
Round 2, a very close victory for me, I was in the flashing-red stage when he finally got knocked out.
Round 3 I sorta dominated, still with loads of HP after I nailed him with an ultimate. He got some pretty good licks in though.

His character had more stamina than mine did, and maybe it regenned faster, because he was getting way more flashsteps off than I was. I think the only reason I was able to prevail in close combat at all was because I had good timing on the backhand attack, and managed to land several stamina-draining hits that left him open. He had mastered the throws though, very annoying :P

The battles were surprisingly stable despite our connection not being all that great. Only a couple of minor issues but no lagspikes on my end.

All in all, a lot of fun.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2016, 10:39:29 pm »

Meanwhile on the AI front, shit kinda sucks at the end game. End game difficulty means the AI pretty much counters everything you bring. They have better stamina regen, backhand you 2/3 times on your flash steps, drop Aura Rush attacks on you in the smallest of spaces, blitz you with combos non-stop until you can Flash Step out of it, and worst of all.....they just stamina break you the instant you start up an Ultimate Attack. Seems like it doesn't matter where they are, how badly you've knocked them on their ass, how smoothly you integrated that Ult into a combo....they'll just do SOMETHING, interrupt your Ult, drain your stamina and proceed to strip 1/2 a life bar off you while they kick your ass with impunity. There's no more "wail on a dude using an ult and if he runs out of stamina, then he stamina breaks." No, there's just a move you do that the AI can fire off in a flash. Have I pulled this magical bullshit move once? No. Not even with Super Saiyan going.

All that taken together basically makes end game fights long protracted fist fights with ki and strike finishers, since the AI becomes functionally untouchable at longer than mid-range. Every "gotcha!" moment you try to pull the AI will just magic some bullshit to interrupt you, or pull yet another Flash Step out of its bottomless well of stamina regen.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2016, 12:46:17 am »

I'm still at a very new stage that I can't beat the double great apes... trying to grab tail often results in me being flung around, must be because of my stats too low.

So I'm now focusing on doing the training courses. I'm also exploring the city... boy is the first hovercraft difficult to steer when you boost.

Have anyone found any secrets? Near the mushrooms there's a NPC talking about a special mushroom... and I found many places really close to the "touch-me-and-you-respawn" boundary you can jump onto, like narrow ledges and giant mushrooms.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2016, 06:06:59 am »

If it's similar to Xenoverse 1, the tail grab only works when the Great Apes are already in a downed state and you're attacking their HP directly.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2016, 06:23:30 am »

He had mastered the throws though, very annoying :P
:3

* IronTomato throws everyone

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2016, 07:57:45 am »

I'd probably be playing this but I sold my soul to wow.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7