Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2: DBZXV2LMNOPQRSTUVW. That's Time Travel baby.  (Read 10466 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2: DBZXV2LMNOPQRSTUVW. That's Time Travel baby.
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2016, 11:29:20 am »

Ugh I know it isn't very good but I love Elegant Blaster soo much!

I wish it was a better counter attack move though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2016, 11:33:36 am »

Elegant Blaster is amazing, what are you talking about? It allows you to mercilessly punish lengthy wide-area attacks while easily avoiding all damage. The enemy can't predict where you'll be and so cannot hope to intercept you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2016, 11:41:16 am »

I also MIGHT have found move that can FINALLY replace my full blasts.

I used that move to combo directly off a full combo (the knockback part) and absolutely no move has ever really replaced it...

But then I found Ice Blaster which so far SEEMS like I can combo into it, albeit it is tricky... and bonus I can combo off of it AGAIN... Possibly with Light Grenade.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2016, 12:29:03 pm »

I too love Elegant Blaster. Me and my friend are both using it.

But it STILL can't avoid the dick AI move of Stamina Breaking you. It probably has the shortest "locked animation" sequence of any ult I've used, and the AI can still exploit it.

Basically, the only times Ults seem useful in the end-game is in a multi-combatant fight where the AI isn't targeting you. If they are, GL on getting that shit off.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2016, 01:07:12 pm »

There are a lot of ultimates that are amazing at comboing off of.

One of the best ultimates I found is Justice Combination... You can combo it off of a single hit, comes out very quickly, and does obscene amounts of damage (In fact I sense a nerf in its future)

As well Full Blast (I forget its full name) combos off of full combos IF you get it off. In spite being one of the earliest moves you get in the game... it is good enough to keep for the entire game.

Ice Blast is in a very similar position as Justice Combination but allows an additional move if you have it.

---

Goodness Innocence Cannon is really good.

Hard to use yes... But I can certainly set up two situations where I can get it off for obscene damage.

Don't let its description fool you! It isn't useful for its SUPER knockback (though that certainly is nice, as you can recharge a LOT of Ki, Stamina, or even get off a long move) but rather that it does a LOT of damage for a super. (In fact it might do more damage then a fully charged light grenade)

---

As well some moves are WAAAAAAY better against PCs then the computer... "Play dead" for example is useless against the CPU.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:12:52 pm by Neonivek »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2016, 01:29:36 pm »

I'd argue it's the other way around. No PC is going to be fooled by playing dead, especially if they know how it works. (Dead fighters tend to go flying rag-doll style. They don't just flop over.) Players will just stand outside of melee range and wait for you to stand up. The AI though, will march up to you and swing at air, putting them in range for that opener melee attack.

Either way I'd never use it.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2016, 02:13:26 pm »

Play Dead is as useless as the character who teaches it to you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2016, 02:25:01 pm »

Let's be fair, they're not useless. They and others like them turn a 4 episode series into a 10 episode series.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2016, 11:20:14 am »

So I rediscovered Tyrant Lancer. It's been rebranded as "Saiyan Spirit" and is a Bardock move. Unfortunately I don't know where you actually learn it because Bardock is not a trainer. Hoping you can earn it in one of the later PQs, because it's pretty much the perfect melee combo finisher/ranged ki attack. I've seen several other attacks like it but nothing else comes out as fast as it does, or has the range.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2016, 03:50:07 pm »

Tyrant Lancer is one of the moves that you can't transfer from XV1, along with Bardock's other moves. Three guesses as to why, and the first two don't count.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2016, 03:59:09 pm »

Well I've finally gotten far enough to see how fucking retarded the "Elite Missions" are.
It would be really nice if after bugging out and instagibbing me with the stupid ki blast which instafired 4 more times if the "tutorial" would let me start from there, but it looks like I have to go through ALL THAT BULLSHIT AGAIN to get back to actually relevant missions.

GG Dimps.

EDIT: fittingly, when I alt tabbed back to the game I had fallen through the world.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2016, 04:07:24 pm »

I had to do the first Expert tutorial mission 4 times before it didn't bug out and I could finish it.

Ways I've seen that specific fight bug out:

-Villain jumps backwards, landing outside the level and never returns. CNTL + ALT + DEL.
-Death Orb materializes inside the world and never explodes, while the villain stands there invincible. CNTRL + ALT + DEL.
-Death Orb instantaneously kills everyone on the screen as soon as it appears. At least with this one the mission fails and you're returned to Conton City.
-Death Orb is correctly returned to sender but somehow inexplicably misses and ends up floating in the sky not going anywhere. CNTRL + ALT + DEL.

FWIW, this seems to be the buggiest of all the mission types. I've done several other versions (Mind Control, Evil Rocks, 10,000 Metal Coolers) and they don't seem to bug out nearly as much.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2016, 04:10:42 pm »

You forgot one.

-Death Orb instantly hits you, then disappears as the villain teleports into another dimension and your teammates start spinning in place. ALT + F4.

I actually got the tutorial to work on the first try, but I still haven't got one of the actual missions to not glitch. Most of the game doesn't seem to be too bad in terms of bugginess but the expert missions so far seem unplayable.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:12:39 pm by IronTomato »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2016, 04:17:11 pm »

To top it all off...

I've been doing these missions with a friend. Well, guess what? Only the Team Leader gets credit for completing the mission. Oh sure, everyone gets Zeni and XP and all that....but the mission is never completed for them.

So when playing with friends in a Team you have to disband the team and reform under a new leader for every person that wants to get credit, so they can move on to the next expert mission.

As has become our way when talking about things in DBZXV2 that frustrate us, we've just started falling back on "JJJJJJJAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPAAAAAANNNNNNN!!! *shakes fist*" Seriously, their ideas about what constitutes acceptable multiplayer functionality is fucking ridiculous. I can understand not letting players talk to directly to each other; this is a game intended for kids as much as anyone else and nothing destroys safe spaces on the internet faster than raw text communication.

But there is seriously no excuse for the jank ways in which you connect to other players and do content together. Console game or not, it's like they designed it to intentionally be obtuse.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2016, 04:44:45 pm »

Man I love innocence cannon...

But it bugs out which is really unhelpful when it is already one of the hardest supers to connect.

---

Man I just realized how done with the game I am...

NORMALLY I'd start collecting all the moves...

But the vast majority of the moves are useless.

So maybe I'd start collecting a bunch of costume pieces...

But most of them are either the same, ugly, or are cosplay...

Man... this was not a good use of money... and I only bought it because I was beseeched by a friend to get it sooner then later so I can play with him... Except... well.. It was pointless. The Expert missions are easy enough to do with CPU partners (who are near useless themselves but still)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 05:46:18 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7