Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: WarsimRpg - A heavily dwarf fortress Inspired Kingdom management game  (Read 42072 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WarsimRpg - A heavily dwarf fortress Inspired Kingdom management game
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2016, 09:06:35 am »

I employed a group of mercenaries. They called themselves "Purple Razor". They defeated Phenor and destroyed his bandit horde.

I imagined and drew the scene: Purple razors surrounded the last bandit. Phenor was fleeing, chased by a purple razor soldier. Two purple razor soldiers were looting the bandits gold vault.

Code: [Select]
.................@..
..............R.....
......R.@R..........
.......RRR..........
......R....%........
..%%%%.....%........
..%%%...............
..............%.....
....%#############..
...%%'%%%%%......#..
.....#####%......#..
.....#####....R$$#..
.....#####...R$$$#..
.....#####$$$$$$$#..
.....#############..
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2016, 02:30:08 pm »

Fair update today, quite a lot of fixes in this update, and some more work on vassalisation, probably the best things added today are the ability to squeeze more money out of your independent vassals and the grand champion score no longer fluctuating to the point no badass champions ever last in the arena! Hope you guys enjoy it

* Fixed names crash bug
* Sell menu bug fixed
* Fixed not enough gold issue with peasant recruitment
* Changed exit to end your turn for clarity
* Block independent arena and slave post being accesible when non-existant (credit u/asideofapplesauce)
* Fixed indepedent kingdoms gaining only one lands worth of income per turn
* Added gain more gold from vassals
* Heads and tails northern tent now kills you (credit u/asideofapplesauce)
* Fixed grand champion battlescore changing (credit u/iamlenb)
* Vassilisation status now shown on attack screen
* Vassilisation status now takes priority over alliance status on diplomacy screen
* Fixed game crash Hobogoblin bug
* Added ability to adjust the amount of money your vassal pays you in tribute each turn
* Added relation drop chance for vassals with high tribute rate
* Fixed typo on main screen (credit u/Beware_The_Sketch and u/VedVid)
* Removed excess line from vassal screens
* Added 12 roof tiles to the game

[Video playing through todays update](https://youtu.be/2qhmKGaXnGU)

download the game for free at www.reddit.com/r/warsimrpg

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2016, 02:35:10 pm »

@Exdeath, how does that work? so the more people bet on one fighter the less the payout is for that fighter, meaning the less betted on fighter always pays more?

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2016, 08:08:02 am »

@Exdeath, how does that work? so the more people bet on one fighter the less the payout is for that fighter, meaning the less betted on fighter always pays more?

How your current betting system works:
1-You pay 10 gold to watch the fight and bet X gold on fighter 1
2.1-If you lose you lose your 10 gold and lose your X gold
2.2-If you win you lose your 10 gold, keep your X gold and get more X gold.

How saltybet system works.
From saltybet site:
"Payouts are made proportionally. For example, if you wager $1 on player 1 and the total pot for player 1 is $4, your proportion is 25%. This means that you are entitled to 25% of the player 2 pot, assuming that player 1 wins. Your proportion of the payout is calculated as follows: (Your bet/Total amount bet on the player). "

When playing, saltybet you dont need to bet the 10 gold to watch the battle or be able to make to an bet. This could be easily included at your game.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:11:23 am by exdeath »

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2016, 01:33:46 pm »

@Exdeath, I like it, I would have to simulate the bets to be loosely based on who is better, but have it vary a little bit, I like the idea though!

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2016, 01:34:03 pm »

This is a pretty decent update, we've got a lot of bugfixes and an age old bug I hadn't managed to figure out until now, several minor factions had a massive edge on their attackers thanks to a missing 'o', gotta love coding, but now the balance has been restored, unfortunately this made the demons so much weaker than before that they had to be buffed up to compensate, I have also added a new artifact you can buy at the artifact market called the Friend of the Fearful which allows you to communicate with Xenophobic kingdoms, added a few changes to the reports screen, added the slave rebel faction to the diplomacy screen and added some flags to the pop-up groups who have diplomacy abilities, got some cool stuff in the pipeline too but I'm going to keep quiet about it for now! Hope you guys enjoy

* Fixed shallowrock mine report showing lower income than real income
* Fixed artifact hall obisidian sword bug
* Added Friend of the Fearful artifact to the artifact market which allows you to communicate with xenophobic kingdoms
* Fixed Aslona gold bug in vassalisation
* Added announcement in the turn reports screen when the demon horde rise
* Added correct grammar for general's pre-attack message
* Stopped you starting on a combat phase in a new game
* Removed a massive bug that overpowered the following factions, (Wagon man's trading company, Royal Bank, Pest group, Slave Revolt, Village of Rihhm, Village of Smallhaven, Combat Academy, Holy order of roses, Outpost mercenaries, Orcs of fort Gorthmek, Slavers, Titans, Demon Horde
* Fixed bank guards using holy order knights to defend themselves
* Buffed Demons from 300 battlescore to 666 battlescore
* Fixed ability to speak to deserter faction when it doesn't exist
* Added flag for slave rebels
* Added flag for deserters
* Added flag for pest group
* Added slave revolt to diplomat screen (Requires 80 diplomat skill to talk)
* Added ability to bribe and hire slave revoltists but unlikely to work if you have any slaves
* Removed useless mercenary diplomacy screen text
* Added Troop count view to Kingdom reports screen
* Added ability to free slaves and slave soldirs to kingdom reports screen

http://i.imgur.com/koZMe81.png
http://i.imgur.com/f2zo6yh.png

download the game for free at www.reddit.com/r/warsimrpg

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2016, 02:48:40 pm »

Another idea. Right now when you attack someone, you spend your entire year doing it.

You could have something like this.
Every land have have an distance of X from it to other land Y, this distance could be in days needed to go from X to Y.

The player can send X soldiers, peasants......,  to fight enemy A.
If he didnt sent all his soldiers to fight enemy A he could send other soldiers to fight enemy B.
This would be planned by the player (and AI) before the turn start to run (the battles start to happen).

Then, when you select "end your turn" time would start to run and soldiers would move to the place you designed them. Battles would last Z days or (Z /average amount of soldiers per side, if you want more detail), if the battle already ended and the year didn't ended, you can tell the remaining soldiers to move to other places, or go back to your land.

With this idea, you wont need to waste your entire turn to capture a land with few soldiers on it.

Another feature of this idea, is that you would need to have soldiers at your land to protect it from enemies.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2016, 03:00:32 pm »

-snip-

Seconded, I really like this idea.

However, I'd go a step further and say that you should divide time into seasons (say 4) or months. Keep the years as they are for major things if you'd like, but for moving armies and smaller things it definitely needs smaller increments, as at the moment the strategy gets a bit diluted by the fact that you just automatically do one thing each year.

If it took 3 seasons to attack one stronger enemy, but only 1 season to attack two smaller enemies it gives you a bit more of a strategic decision to take. Same with building and recruiting. Do you need more peasants quickly or knights more slowly?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2016, 06:51:16 pm »

Agreed, it probably won't be added very soon because I've got a big list of features lined up, some of them will take quite a lot of work but will be fun I promise :)

But I like the idea, the way I picture it now, you're a big bad empire with tens of thousands of soldiers, but you end up at a disadvantage because you can only fight one at a time, so you're fighting with a tiny dwarvern settlement and it takes the resources of your entire empire for a year, how silly.

I like the idea of a huge mean empire, spreading out in every direction, sending one army to fight off the rebels, another to capture lands from some orclings, and a third to raid a rich nation of elves, there would definitely be some penalty to sending more than one army out and as you say, troops not present in the kingdom cannot defend it from attacks, and also peasants not present cannot harvest

perhaps champions have to lead the armies, armies cannot just go freely without a commander, this would add some value to the fairly high prices champions in the game, allowing you up to five attacks per turn, their base combat skill will be determined by the champions stats so if you hire a weak champion to lead your troops, your probably get beaten due to his incompetance

Cheers for the suggestions!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2016, 07:25:33 pm »

That all sounds great. I think personally, I'd prefer to be able to just send out who I wanted when I wanted without hard limits, other than that of resources. Perhaps armies 'away' could cost more per turn in upkeep, which would mean you'd only be able to stage as many wars as you could afford.

However, this loops back to my previous request for multiple consoles. If you've got your army split out into various parts it'll become increasingly hard to follow.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2016, 11:49:02 pm »

Any plans to make the game platform agnostic?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2016, 09:25:05 am »

I destroyed royal bank, and the public opinion is only 8 now. But I still get income from bank taxing every year.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2016, 01:23:05 pm »

That all sounds great. I think personally, I'd prefer to be able to just send out who I wanted when I wanted without hard limits, other than that of resources. Perhaps armies 'away' could cost more per turn in upkeep, which would mean you'd only be able to stage as many wars as you could afford.
The biggest points about my idea are:
1-Huge empires wont waste an entire year to capture the last land of an ultra small empire or other similar situations
2-You must keep some soldiers protecting your empire.
3-You can attack more than one place at a turn.

If you dont like limitations, a simplfied version of the idea can be done, actually it could be used before the full system is created and coded.

1-The player select an empire and the amount of guys he want to send to attack the empire.
2-He can do this more than one time.
3-After he plan all his attacks, the turn ends and the attacks are done.
4-The soldiers waste half year to arrive the city and half year to go back to the city. Battle dont waste time for the sake of simplicity
5-At the turn you are attacking someone, those specific soldiers wont protect your empire.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2016, 01:32:13 pm »

The biggest points about my idea are:
1-Huge empires wont waste an entire year to capture the last land of an ultra small empire or other similar situations
2-You must keep some soldiers protecting your empire.
3-You can attack more than one place at a turn.

If you dont like limitations, a simplfied version of the idea can be done, actually it could be used before the full system is created and coded.

I completely agree with all that - my point about limitations was having to have champions lead armies; I felt it might get a bit fiddly - especially if the player had all these men sitting around and couldn't send them just because he didn't have a champion spare.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19