Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: WarsimRpg - A heavily dwarf fortress Inspired Kingdom management game  (Read 42068 times)

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WarsimRpg - A heavily dwarf fortress Inspired Kingdom management game
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2016, 06:40:19 pm »

The biggest points about my idea are:
1-Huge empires wont waste an entire year to capture the last land of an ultra small empire or other similar situations
2-You must keep some soldiers protecting your empire.
3-You can attack more than one place at a turn.

If you dont like limitations, a simplfied version of the idea can be done, actually it could be used before the full system is created and coded.

I completely agree with all that - my point about limitations was having to have champions lead armies; I felt it might get a bit fiddly - especially if the player had all these men sitting around and couldn't send them just because he didn't have a champion spare.

Ok I assume you complained about my idea about how turns should work.

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2016, 08:34:17 am »

Some big updates to the independent kingdoms this time, when a kingdom is destroyed you can visit them in the diplomacy screen to see a little obituary, also you can now hire troops from neutral or allied independent kingdoms (the limit being that the units combined battlescore is greater than 2500 so if there were demons with battlescores of 500, you could hire them down to their last 10 but no more) aside from that there is a new tab in the independent kingdoms screen called battle logs which shows who they've attacked over the years! sorry for the delay in the update started a new job recently and had a lot of stuff going on in the mean time

* Added ability to hire troops from independent kingdoms!
* Fixed vassal tribute screen showing wrong percentage always fixed on 20%
* Added dead independent kingdoms can now be visited to view their obituary
* Added battle logs to indepednent kingdoms screen so you can see who attacked who
* Buffed krut recruitment +1 berserker +1 tribal
* Buffed erak recruitment +3 tribals
* Buffed krut income from around 30 gold per turn to 130
* Buffed Erak income from around 30 gold per turn to 140
* Fixed bug where bandits tribals berserkers and demons wouldn't defend aslonan lands unless they were a certain quantity of them
* Fixed levy aslona troops option only available at 0 relationship
* Fixed no deduction of 150k when you upgrade the black market

get it on the sidebar of www.reddit.com/r/warsimrpg

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2016, 11:02:18 am »

Very nice! I religiously check this thread for your updates, man you are really hammering them out.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2016, 07:32:38 pm »

Means a lot man, seeing all the comments on the thread is very motivating! thank you :)

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2016, 07:33:05 pm »

Will be working on something big tomorrow hopefully, not sure if it will be done by tomorrow but I will make a start so prepare to be blown away, it will either be to do with Lords and Nobles or Magic! this update contains mainly fixes, a few modifications and tiles! Also animations are now a thing, sort of! watch a fight in the arena to see it live!

* Added 6 new tilesets
* Fixed line spacing in outlaws screen
* Modified outlaws screen
* Fixed aslona men refresh issue
* Added new cheat 172 (gives 100 of all indepednent troops)
* Added character generator to generators
* Fixed able to buy sold maps from cartographer
* Kings of independent kingdoms now have the stats of their race
* Fighters from independent kingdoms now have the names and stats of their race
* Added debug mode 111 for developer use
* Fixed bug where Aslonan troops from independent kingdoms were all terrible fighters
* Added gate animation during arena combat

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2016, 07:10:15 pm »

Made a new video showing how randomly generated faces are made within warsim and how you can make your own!

https://youtu.be/AFveJ88jgt4

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2016, 03:21:51 pm »

I can't wait for the "king as a character" features. You'll top CK2 yet and i already understand the combat better.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2016, 12:41:32 am »

Ohhhhhhh, really!?

Yeah, if we could have the ruler be an actual character... And if you die in combat, your heir inherits, or your kingdom can split off in a rebellion or succession war, that'd be amazing.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2016, 02:35:12 am »

It's all in the plans, there's lots of big features to be done before the rpg update though :)

Either way it's going to be fun!

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2016, 05:52:35 pm »

As most of you know every 10 updates tends to be a big one, Todays update is no different, probably one of the biggest updates I've done for the game, this update has added two new face generators for gnolls and witches, courtesy of u/voliol and u/runelfox, also each independent kingdom now has it's own lords, one for each land that isn't their capital, also destroyed kingdoms can produce refugees, also added some new mermen faces, fixed a big crash bug, added some new cheats, and generally moved the game further in the right direction! hope you guys love it!

* Added Independent lords to the game, they can be viewed in the independent kingom screen, each kingdom has a lord for every land that isnt their capital and new lords will be assigned if the kingdom gains new lands, the lords are currently just aesthetic but there are big things coming up!
* Added refugees to the game, when a kingdom is destroyed 1 in 3 chance refugees will survive and form a refugee camp which will be visible in the diplomacy screen, they will have a new leader and only peasant unit troops, you can destroy them, hire them or even provide them with one of your lands and allow them to be re-established which will earn you a 100 relation with them
* Added new cheat (801) Scarcelands
* Added another hidden debug cheat :)
* Edited diplomacy screen spacing
* Edited diplomacy screen minor bandits and minor goblins text
* Added 17 million mermen faces
* Added ability to ask general to show race type instead of kingdom name in combat screen
* Added animal generator to generators page
* Updated the games credits
* Modified main menu
* Added fullscreen option to the options on the main menu
* Fixed golem face generator using the wrong colour
* Added gnoll faces to the game (109'212'364'800 total)
* Added gnoll face generator to generators screen
* Added RuneLFox concept art page to concept art screen
* Fixed bandit land crash bug
* Fixed hiring staff no exit from hire screen
* Added Witches faces to the game (16'986'931'200 total)
* Added Witch face generator to the generators screen
* Added Voliol concept art page to concept art screen

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2016, 07:25:29 pm »

Love how this game is turning out. One question: when you invade a realm do you fight just their troops divided by land, or is it their whole standing army. I know raids are divided by land but invasions seem to be much tougher.

Also I asked this before but what good does disbanding local militia do? Can your recruiters recruit peasants faster for the harvest?

Oh yeah and I want to buy goblin slaves, but the slavers have no goblins, even though I added the goblin scourge.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2016, 07:46:05 pm »

Hey Vivalas, you are right, no matter whether you invade, raid or skirmish it is always troops divided by land, but there is a defense bonus which is non-existant in skirmishes, somewhat there for raids, and then full on for invasions, so the defenders have a big advantage if you invade.

Disbanding Local militia gains you more peasant recruits each turn if you have forceful enlistment

That is either a bug or the random generator saying no goblins, though to be fair I have noticed a lack of goblins too at times so I will investigate!

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2016, 07:46:24 pm »

Hey guys, little update today been quite busy as of late working my new job and doing some little [indie lets plays for my youtube channel
](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7p8ZIp6L_rAqjby18g5Zgxj9KSOZaD6C) but Warsim always comes first so I had to do some coding tonight!

* Added u/voliol to the credits (missed it last update)
* Fixed ability to access iron hills by accident
* added a message when you try to send 500 gold and don't have enough
* Fixed gifting land not working
* Fixed the incorrect amount of kills and deaths being showed when aslona attacked
* Fixed load save issue with independent lords
* Added clan faction type (king = Cheif)(lord = warlord)
* Added special kingdom faction type (King = God King)(Lord = Low King)
* Added 1 in 100 chance a faction leader will be called the great one, the chosen one, the dark one, the mighty one or the almighty one

As always download the game from the sidebar of www.reddit.com/r/warsimrpg

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2016, 11:10:35 am »

I am loving how this is turning out. Haven't played recently, as I haven't DLed a new version, but this has potential to be really great.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19