Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58274 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #195 on: October 12, 2016, 12:39:03 pm »

The GM can just say "you're doing too much, drop a few" if you're going overboard. Also worth mention that a turn is roughly six seconds. A fast moving experienced warrior can draw their weapon in much less than that. Opening a door takes a very small amount of time, etc.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2016, 12:40:59 pm »

I think "an advantage" just means the spell might be generally beneficial, rather than giving you something like an advantage roll on the vine ascent plan. Haste 1 isn't exactly the most useful spell in the world, either. (Though the third level is GREAT. An extra major action is huuuuge.)

In this case, tho, he needs to build up a lot of speed to make the ascent. I think that haste gives him an advantage here.

Minor actions are tasks that don’t require much time or effort, but often set up larger actions. You may take any number of minor actions on your turn, but you cannot take more than one of the same type of minor action. Minor actions include the following:

Draw a banana
    Retrieve a banana stored on your person
    Sustain a banana
    Make a Perception roll to observe your bananas
    Make a Learning roll to recall useful information about banana
    Open a banana, banana, banana, etc.
    Make a banana attack

That's a lot of things to do all at once.

It's all about that cinematic timing.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2016, 12:42:12 pm »

Well, three of those are mental actions. Opportunity attacks don't happen on your turn so happen alongside other minor actions. I could see a person draw a dagger in one hand as they pull out a lantern in the other, shouldering a door open at the same time. As they do this they see a bat hidden in a crevasse in the corner, remembering some weird facts about bats, all over the course of about six seconds.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:26 pm »

I found a good picture of monkeybees, probably the best D&D monster ever, IMO. I'll be sure to use them many more times.

Spoiler: Look upon your torment (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2016, 03:19:17 pm »

That's more horrifying than I expected.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2016, 04:37:00 pm »

Do I have to post another action like Moubu did, or does my previous action suffice?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2016, 04:58:00 pm »

Do I have to post another action like Moubu did, or does my previous action suffice?

Your action works.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2016, 11:27:24 pm »

I found a good picture of monkeybees, probably the best D&D monster ever, IMO.
For me, that award would probably go to either the catoblepas or the asswere.

A catoblepas is a really long-necked pig-thing that can stun things with its tail and shoot death-lasers out of its eyes. A Dragon Magazine article converted them to 3.5 and made them a playable race(!), despite the fact that the intelligence of most catoblepases is around animal-level(!!!). They're normally peaceful herbivores, but once every full moon, they become carnivores for a night (or a few nights, I can't remember which) and start killing stuff(!!!!!). Apparently, some farmers milk/tend to them to make death cheese(!!!!!!!), which doesn't have any special effects(???).

Assweres are inverse were-donkeys- they're donkeys that turn into humans under the full moon. There are wolfweres and such too, but assweres have a much more notable name.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 14, 2016, 05:44:02 am »

I just realized that my character has the perfect skillset for one of those ridiculously over the top anime-style finishing moves. Consecutive teleporting, stabbing, and hammerspace pulling, leaving the target with a dagger stuck into every major joint +eye sockets from multiple angles, a longsword through the heart, and a glaive through the throat. I might have her do that at some point in the far flung future. (Obviously, not as an actual attack, but a "this is what happens fluff-wise for the finishing blow even if it's mechanically only one attack" sort of thing.) Maybe if she gets really, REALLY pissed off.

I wonder what potential other characters have for that sort of thing. Anders could do something vaguely similar, Wen-Tsu could maybe use her clay hands, Jao could do a 15 minute speech that destroys his opponent's sanity, etc.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2016, 09:31:13 am »

Right, we seem to have a small problem. :P

I'm going through all your sheets and hammering them together, but it seems a few feats you guys have listed on your sheets have actually been removed from the game in the recent patch. Both Lawas and Gig, do you remember what these feats were for, exactly? You probably wanna change them.

Wen-Tsu (1 feat point remaining)
Untrackable

Jao (5 feat points remaining)
Well-Rounded
Supernatural focus - voice - Enchantment

It's entirely possible you might consider shifting these to racial abilities, or you can just take the points you invested and spend them elsewhere.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2016, 09:52:58 am »

Yeah, I'll shift it.

What untrackable did was, well, made me impossible to track, without utilising supernatural means, but that point is probably best spent elsewhere.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2016, 10:51:44 am »

Errm

So Well-Rounded gave me a bonus of some sort (advantage? 2 dice?) on non-combat skill rolls I had under 2 ranks in. To represent my being mediocre at everything, rather than awful.

Supernatural focus voice - enchantment, gave me a +1 or advantage or something (equivalent of being a skill level higher perhaps) in using enchantment with my voice

I'll update the sheet if I can but I need to do Draignean's game first and have a busy weekend, so there may be a small delay. Jao's not likely to do anything useful just yet anyway, so I don't envisage this delay causing any negative impact.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2016, 10:54:47 am »

Anyway, Gig pointed out that I was actually WRONG. *lex luthor voice*

The drop down list on the site actually didn't list all the feats on the page. Whatever! It seems those feats are actually still there...never mind.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2016, 11:21:35 am »

Aha! Well that's good for me then.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2016, 11:51:36 am »

Placeholder while I work on this.

Wen-Tsu
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jao
Emilia
Moubu
Anders
Balecar

Skeleton Monk
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:18:19 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 50