Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58241 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2016, 10:26:26 am »

Technically this is the canon rule, btw

Remember that initiative is re-rolled each time a new weapon is drawn

But I really don't want that. :P I can just see Moubu juggling daggers until he gets a 20 on his init.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2016, 10:50:08 am »

My character can literally pull daggers out of the ether. It's not only Moubu who'd do that. =P
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2016, 11:03:08 am »

Oh, and if you're going to be putting our character sheet under every map update, can you add #c2344e to the top of the sheet, above the picture. That's the text color I'm now going with (to match the @symbol.)
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2016, 11:36:41 am »

2nd part of turn is up.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2016, 11:40:09 am »

Is it a move action to stand back up? I notice knockdown doesn't have the normal resist ends duration.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2016, 11:40:48 am »

What are the rules for diagonal movement you're using?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2016, 11:46:49 am »

Probably same as normal. I'm assuming you can attack the person you're grappling with, but I may be wrong.

I actually wouldn't mind moving back to a hex map after this if we actually set up a good way to do the coordinates. They are pretty nice, I've just never used one online before.
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2016, 11:49:31 am »

Is it a move action to stand back up? I notice knockdown doesn't have the normal resist ends duration.

Pretty much~I believe we use this rule.

Instead of using your move action to maneuver, you may focus your energy on shaking off the negative effects of any banes currently afflicting you. For each bane affecting you, roll 1d20 (with no attribute modifiers). If your roll is a 10 or higher, the bane is removed.

If someone removed the Monkeybee from your vicinity, I would just let you get up for free, but right now he's keeping you knocked down on the ground, like a clown, charlie brown.

What are the rules for diagonal movement you're using?

It's 5ft from square to square. Diagonals don't matter.

Probably same as normal. I'm assuming you can attack the person you're grappling with, but I may be wrong.

I actually wouldn't mind moving back to a hex map after this if we actually set up a good way to do the coordinates. They are pretty nice, I've just never used one online before.

Yeah, grapples don't inhibit attacks, tho you'd gain a disadvantage trying to attack anyone other than the thing trying to bite your face off.

As for the map, it's not too hard for to me to change from hex to square. Inkarnate is cool like that. Whatever you guys prefer.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2016, 12:02:31 pm »

Pretty much~I believe we use this rule.

Instead of using your move action to maneuver, you may focus your energy on shaking off the negative effects of any banes currently afflicting you. For each bane affecting you, roll 1d20 (with no attribute modifiers). If your roll is a 10 or higher, the bane is removed.

If someone removed the Monkeybee from your vicinity, I would just let you get up for free, but right now he's keeping you knocked down on the ground, like a clown, charlie brown.

Alright. I wasn't sure, because most of the banes have
Duration: Resist ends (Fail x 3 = x time)
which refers to that resist action, and knockdown has
Duration: Instantaneous
which is one of those things the game just doesn't explain what it means. (Prone seems to be one of those things that it refers to once in one place as if expecting that it'll be explained in full elsewhere but then just is never revisited.) but that seems like a good enough way to handle it.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2016, 12:03:34 pm »

I don't think you can do that action Draig, Emilia and the bees are up a tree in the canopy. You'd have to use a ranged attack to hit it this turn, potentially with disadvantage.

Also, Dwarm, what action is dropping something you're currently holding? Like a weapon.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:11:13 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2016, 12:17:49 pm »

I don't think you can do that action Draig, Emilia and the bees are up a tree in the canopy. You'd have to throw it, potentially with disadvantage, to make an attack.

Also, Dwarm, what action is dropping something you're currently holding? Like a weapon.

Question #1, he might be able to do it he makes a running high jump climbing stab move thing...I'll put it at a DC 20 (very hard difficulty) agility check-substituting might for agility for his high jump, due to all the vines and things he can clamber on here, if he wants to try. On success, he gets up on the rock and gets a bonus attack.

On a fail, :3

Question #2 is covered by minor actions

~
Minor actions are tasks that don’t require much time or effort, but often set up larger actions. You may take any number of minor actions on your turn, but you cannot take more than one of the same type of minor action. Minor actions include the following:

Draw a weapon
    Retrieve an item stored on your person
    Sustain a boon
    Make a Perception roll to observe your surroundings
    Make a Learning roll to recall useful information
    Open a door, chest, drawer, etc.
    Make an opportunity attack

Dropping an item would surely be considered a minor action.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2016, 12:25:12 pm »

Ahhh, thank god. I forgot this game had minor actions work differently to DnD (in a much better way, honestly.) I just need to be able to drop weapons when I need to pull stuff out of the ether. (Since absorbing stuff is a standard action.) Most of the time I'll try to flavor that as actually leaving the weapons in enemies I've attacked. :x

Like, if I stab the monkeybee, The dagger is going to be left in its body and Emilia will equip the longsword.
The circle is complete.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2016, 12:26:25 pm »

I don't think you can do that action Draig, Emilia and the bees are up a tree in the canopy. You'd have to throw it, potentially with disadvantage, to make an attack.

Question #1, he might be able to do it he makes a running high jump climbing stab move thing...I'll put it at a DC 20 (very hard difficulty) agility check-substituting might for agility for his high jump, due to all the vines and things he can clamber on here, if he wants to try. On success, he gets up on the rock and gets a bonus attack.

On a fail, :3

Challenge accepted.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2016, 12:34:41 pm »

I think "an advantage" just means the spell might be generally beneficial, rather than giving you something like an advantage roll on the vine ascent plan. Haste 1 isn't exactly the most useful spell in the world, either. (Though the third level is GREAT. An extra major action is huuuuge.)
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2016, 12:36:52 pm »

Minor actions are tasks that don’t require much time or effort, but often set up larger actions. You may take any number of minor actions on your turn, but you cannot take more than one of the same type of minor action. Minor actions include the following:

Draw a weapon
    Retrieve an item stored on your person
    Sustain a boon
    Make a Perception roll to observe your surroundings
    Make a Learning roll to recall useful information
    Open a door, chest, drawer, etc.
    Make an opportunity attack

That's a lot of things to do all at once.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 50