Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58248 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #210 on: October 14, 2016, 11:57:44 am »

Rip Moubu. No stats spoiler=I can only assume he died this turn.

Why must the good die young?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 14, 2016, 12:09:47 pm »

He won't need his stats where he's going.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 14, 2016, 12:14:13 pm »

Also sorry, I made a typo on my sheet that seems to have migrated to your stat sheets, my evasion is 13+8 (Scalemail+Largeshield)=21.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 14, 2016, 12:44:36 pm »

Rest in Monkeybees
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 14, 2016, 02:07:07 pm »

I think that turn is why exploding dice were maybe removed from open legends. :P

Not sure if I'll continue using that rule...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:39:18 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2016, 03:00:16 pm »

Yeah, it sure is funny. That'd probably kill most of us (probably Moubu and Emilia would survive it?) Rip triple crit.

Oh, by the way, intimated dudes don't get disadvantage to attack me, just disadvantage to attack everyone BUT me! (Looks like he rolled the same anyway.)

Also hum, I wonder if the frog is gunna die soon, it'll have been three turns soon, which is apparently how long the quicksand takes to kill... Anyone have a way to save him? RIP I guess.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2016, 03:06:44 pm »

Yeah, it sure is funny. That'd probably kill most of us (probably Moubu and Emilia would survive it?) Rip triple crit.

Oh, by the way, intimated dudes don't get disadvantage to attack me, just disadvantage to attack everyone BUT me! (Looks like he rolled the same anyway.)

Also hum, I wonder if the frog is gunna die soon, it'll have been three turns soon, which is apparently how long the quicksand takes to kill... Anyone have a way to save him? RIP I guess.

He'll get immobilized and sink on his next turn, unless he passes an agility check. Then, he can get out himself.

It was the bees who were his main problem. :P

Maybe you guys can run out a rope out to him or something!

*prepares to spawn more bees*

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 14, 2016, 03:08:23 pm »

If someone has a rope they could toss it to the frogman.
Hopefully he'll listen to Wen-tsu, stop panicking, and perhaps the skeleton will forestall his fate for long enough to rescue him.

Ninja'd by dwarMan.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2016, 08:23:25 pm »

Emilia can survive any solitary blow with 1 HP. Though I believe we'd all be put into Dying mode rather than instantly dead.

Also, Exploding Dice were removed? (The combat page stil says that all dice explode.) Were they replaced by a different crit system or is it just the flat roll, now?

One more thing, the defenses listed on my character sheet included the armor values already, you don't need to add an extra +4.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:39:28 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 14, 2016, 08:56:02 pm »

Hum, if exploding dice are removed, I'll have to rethink my duder a bit. I was gunna go after Destructive Berserker if the game ever went on for that long. But mebby not really an issue for me considering that level seven is absolutely ages away.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2016, 09:48:34 am »

Also, Exploding Dice were removed? (The combat page stil says that all dice explode.) Were they replaced by a different crit system or is it just the flat roll, now?

Hmm, the link on the front page of the site was not working, I assumed because they had removed/reworked it. It's still there tho...I admit, I might have waited a bit to start the game if I knew they were constantly updating things.

I think we'll keep exploding dice...BUT, I won't apply it to grunt characters, only heroes and really tough/dangerous enemies and bosses. It's not cool to get one shotted by a spotted cave slug. And some of those tough enemies, in turn, might be immune to them.

Pretty much, you only have to worry about enemy crits if I note it in the enemies description.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2016, 10:26:54 am »

Also, I've redone the OP in this thread to act as a bestiary and a story re-cap. So people can catch up!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2016, 12:19:56 pm »

Btw, there does seem to be an XP system (they just added).

Pretty much, the GM gives out XP according to whim, probably 1-3 for every encounter. Each XP is worth 1 feat point and 3 attribute points-every 3 xp equals one level.

From level 1-5 your stats are limited to 5 or lower, but once you hit level 6, you can start raising your stats past 5, +1 per additional level.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2016, 08:40:46 pm »

1-3 per encounter seems a WAY too much. I would have expected it more like once every three or four encounters, especially[/] if you're going to be doing non-combat XP. Unless you want the game to be relatively short or plan to go over the level cap, that's only thirty encounters at maximum before we cap out.

In regards to exploding dice, I think that's a nice compromise.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2016, 08:47:36 pm »

30 encounters might very well be like, not that bad, this is a "testing game" after all right. How long do we expect it to go on?

If we wanta still be playing this game like a decade from now, 1 per encounter would be too much. But I mean, the way games go on bay12 one per every few encounters might see us never level up at all.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50