Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 1: Of Kings and Monks  (Read 32244 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 0: Seekers of Light
« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2016, 01:58:13 am »

"Yes, though you may want to do more research into discerning who should be called 'lady.'" Before he could respond, Nobunaga vanished in another flourish, returning to Angelo.  "Now, I hear you ran into an obstacle obtaining the tomes you need for your work?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 29, 2016, 01:58:54 am »

"May I take a look at them, then?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 29, 2016, 02:30:15 am »

Your name is Joseph Wakefield, and only now are you beginning to realize what kind of incomprehensible mess you are in.

You are currently standing in the middle of a generic town square near a man of stone. So far, a girl with a dangerously misinformed idea of what constitutes as a handshake nearly ripped your arm out of its socket, you've failed to talk some sense into a rebellious teen with magic as dark and odious as his fashion sense, and have just been trash-talked by someone who is best described as literally Jesus Christ, but without any of the good parts. A man with a evidently quite complicated relationship with his hairdresser has started teleporting around, oh and, as of now, you've found that one of the seemingly saner people here seems to have some kind of Jekyll and Hyde thing going on, except the Jekyll side looks like a lady and apparently likes to accuse kings of being communist while making not-so-veiled threats against them.

[]"What was that all about? You feeling alright?"
[]"This won't be an issue in battle, will it?"
[]"What are you? Twoface?"

[X]"What was that all about? You feeling alright?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 29, 2016, 02:42:48 am »

Nagisa thinks the crowded area is an efficient use of space.

"Hm... I'm afraid we only deal in ballistics..."

"Aye, then customs it is. How quick could you make some kind of... weakness-inducing slug, and how much for it?" (Can we lower CON by debuff?)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:24:20 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 29, 2016, 02:59:41 am »

-snip-

[X]"What was that all about? You feeling alright?"

"John only exists as long as I remain calm, if I get shaken however then the 'coin' or 'mask' whichever you prefer violently reverts meaning whichever emotion was dominant at the time is... stronger for a few moments. A calm person's displeasure is an emotional one's murderous rage. I'm very sorry I will try to control my self better I shouldn't be so... weak to jibes."
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 29, 2016, 03:07:57 am »

>"Well, if you think you can, who am I to question you on it?"
>"Still, got to say that guy looks pretty tough, wouldn't be bleeding for his crown otherwise."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2016, 03:36:50 am »

>"Well, if you think you can, who am I to question you on it?"
>"Still, got to say that guy looks pretty tough, wouldn't be bleeding for his crown otherwise."
"Thankyou for your faith, Joseph. So what now?"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2016, 03:50:52 am »

>"Who knows? We've met, one, of our targets at least, and know about this 'safe-zone' we're in. Maybe we should go tell the others about it? They'd want to know, and might give them a few ideas of what to buy, he doesn't look like he'd be much of a threat unless you're close, but I wouldn't put it past him to have magic either."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2016, 05:19:14 am »

...Fredrech is then hit once again, before he even finished speaking.
Black lives matter.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 29, 2016, 05:23:38 am »

>"Who knows? We've met, one, of our targets at least, and know about this 'safe-zone' we're in. Maybe we should go tell the others about it? They'd want to know, and might give them a few ideas of what to buy, he doesn't look like he'd be much of a threat unless you're close, but I wouldn't put it past him to have magic either."

"John would likely be more helpful right now, I'll reassemble him" that-which-was-John straightens out of their slouch and changes into the dark haired pale phantasm known as John Smith who in a chilling voice states "They will want items which will increase their damage or chance to deal a critical blow, the armour will protect against anything weaker than a powerful strike. The horns indicate a magical ability of some manner, likely through a pact with a greater evil of his own plane."
John pauses for a moment thinking.
"Best strategy is to engage with snipers and a nimble blades-man that can dodge effectively. Alternate, terminate with extreme prejudice regardless of strategy."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2016, 06:09:49 am »

Ryuto, with surprising strength, hefts the armor over to the counter. He seems scared of the fuming girl.
"U-uh....how much for this?"
"Fifty gold. No less."
"May I take a look at them, then?"
He gestures to the racks. Many weapons are pieces of armor are displayed there, including knuckledusters and reinforced gauntlets.
"Yes, though you may want to do more research into discerning who should be called 'lady.'" Before he could respond, Nobunaga vanished in another flourish, returning to Angelo.  "Now, I hear you ran into an obstacle obtaining the tomes you need for your work?"
"Jesus fucking Christ!" He nearly stumbles over. "Stop doing that shit!"
...Fredrech is then hit once again, before he even finished speaking.
He stares for a moment, before trapping the boy in a bubble and walking away, moving him along with him as he goes. "Did you not hear Nobunaga? The battle is over, young one."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2016, 06:11:35 am »

>"Staying out of his range and maybe tripping him up when he tries to close the distance seems like a good option. You're not going to learn how to wield that gigantic blade without planning on putting it to use. Hmm, not sure who's up for that sort of job though."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2016, 06:12:35 am »

((That was literally supposed to happen before Nobunaga even stepped in, last page, when I said he dashed at Fredrech again?))
Black lives matter.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 29, 2016, 07:10:22 am »

>"Staying out of his range and maybe tripping him up when he tries to close the distance seems like a good option. You're not going to learn how to wield that gigantic blade without planning on putting it to use. Hmm, not sure who's up for that sort of job though."
"Hmm, Nobunga or Valour, those are the primary options for such a role. I could do it with a partner but am more suited to positioning the pieces rather than actually fighting. Snipers would be You and Nagisa. Ryuto is unknown possible either role would suit. Angelo and I would be supporting."
John finishes his icy speech with an even colder smile.
"This is the true face of an agent, defeating the enemy before the battle has even been set to commence."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 29, 2016, 07:21:08 am »

Ryuto passes over the gold.
"H-hey, uh...by the way, are you okay?"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40