Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 1: Of Kings and Monks  (Read 32033 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

OOC Thread

You awaken.

Slowly, you sit up groggily, taking in your surroundings: dark, overcast clouds, but no thunder or rain. A veritable desert of what appears to be incredibly soft white sand, with a thin layer of water, yet you don't seem to be sinking into it at all. Despite the weather, you can see everything clearly - other forms seem to be waking up around you. This place is barren... except for one bright light, one absolutely breathtaking figure.

They sit on a throne of gold and ivory, perfectly carved, sitting in a way that's almost casual, but veritably dripping with stoic compassion. In a word, they are Harmonious, completely at peace with everything around them. Their face is androgynous, yet undeniably beautiful, golden hair almost as radiant as their throne. They look upon your confused forms, and smile.

"Greetings. I am Harmony, the Deity of Peace.

I have chosen all of you to become my Champions, bastions against the dark evils of the multiverse.

You have been selected for your valor, your courage, and, of course, your ability to fight."
They grin at that.

"You see, there is another being like me in this world. They call themself Discord, the Deity of Destruction. They seek the ruin of the multiverse itself. I have tried to stop him myself before, but our opposing natures made short work of the environment around us. Instead, we have summoned servants to fight in a battle that will decide the fate of the entire cosmos. If I win, they will be sealed away, unable to bring any more death and suffering, and all of you may get to go home. If they win..." They shake their head.

"... Well, I'll leave it to your imagination.

Now... do you have any questions?"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 08:17:15 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 0: Seekers of Light
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 04:58:59 am »

Your name is Joseph Wakefield, and once again, you find yourself in a strange land staring down another blonde figure with some kind of plan in mind for you.

Only this time, it seems you're at least in on the plan. It's, not much of a plan, but it's a start at any rate. And at the very least, this time around you can see your allies clearly, even if, you found the mausoleum preferable to this barren land.

[]"Why me?"
[]"Why are we in the middle of a desert?"
[]"Do you know any more details on our foes?"
[]"No."
[](Write in).

>[X]"So where's our battlefield? There isn't much around here."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 05:48:08 am »

A rather handsome figure in armor stands up, looking at the Deity almost warily.

Beside him, a rather darkly-clothed youth folds his arms, staring at the rest of the awakening forms with a sour expression.

Harmony smiles. "I will give you all some time to prepare. When you are ready, I will transport you all to the edge of this place. I will give further instructions there."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 06:24:26 am »

A young woman with shoulder-length black hair and glasses gets to her feet quickly, with no real hint of grogginess. Sera, in her normal clothing, doesn't really look like she belongs here. Too... normal looking, in her casual outfit of a green hoodie and jeans. She seems sort of like an office worker on casual Friday. The only hint of something more is how steady her voice is and the metallic glint of her hand when she adjusts her glasses.

"Do you know anything about who or what we'll be fighting?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 06:32:49 am »

>"Prepare for what? You haven't told us what kind of battle this is."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:36:24 am by Empiricist »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 07:29:48 am »

A young woman with shoulder-length black hair and glasses gets to her feet quickly, with no real hint of grogginess. Sera, in her normal clothing, doesn't really look like she belongs here. Too... normal looking, in her casual outfit of a green hoodie and jeans. She seems sort of like an office worker on casual Friday. The only hint of something more is how steady her voice is and the metallic glint of her hand when she adjusts her glasses.

"Do you know anything about who or what we'll be fighting?"
"Not much, I am afraid - one thing I know, however, is that Discord seems to have summoned his Fiends, his minions, from the same universes that you all are from."
>Prepare for what? You haven't told us what kind of battle this is.
They shrug. "You will be fighting against beings of a similar power to all of you. Once all of Discord's Fiends have been defeated, you will destroy him once and for all."

Suddenly, a hulking giant of a... person walks up to Harmony. His presence seems stoic and dignified... until he speaks.
"What are you talking about?! Where is my kingdom? You expect us to fight your battles for you when you rip us from our homes without consent? What is wrong with you?"

Harmony actually seems stunned for a brief moment. "This is a battle that will decide the fate of all of your worlds... I did not have time to talk to all of you individually, and even if I had, you would have all said yes anyway, would you not?"
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 07:58:26 am »

>"That could still be a lot of things, and I sure hope the fate of the universe doesn't rest on a drunken brawl outside a McDonald's parking lot."
>Rest a hand on the hulking figure's shoulder. Don't say anything just yet.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 08:11:22 am »

Nobunaga stands up somewhat slowly. Mostly because he was basically nonfunctional immediately after waking up. He places one hand on his head, rubbing his eyes with it, and then shakes it. "He does have a point, but you do as well. Anyway, you asked if we had questions... Where is this place, precisely? It doesn't look like Heaven, and is rather lacking celestials."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 08:12:19 am »

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 08:18:54 am »

"You will either be hunting down your enemies, or they will be hunting you down.

Allow me to introduce the location of this war: This, is the Land of the Gods.

One could call it the center of the multiverse. It is usually an ever-changing infinite expanse, the place where I and Discord reside. Do not worry, however - for the purposes of this war, there will be a border, and the locations will be fixed and based on your worlds.

We are currently in Sanctuary, my home. As I have said before, you will be transported to the edge of it when you are ready."
carrot cakeu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 08:20:03 am »

"Well, you're right about me probably saying yes anyway. It's kind of my job. What's going on in our worlds, though? Is time moving on without us?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 08:30:36 am »

A brown-haired, young-looking man in semi-formal clothing; a faded white buttoned shirt and khaki trousers, looks around nervously, blinking.
"E-eh? Why am I here?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 08:40:19 am »

"Well, you're right about me probably saying yes anyway. It's kind of my job. What's going on in our worlds, though? Is time moving on without us?"
"... Yes."

The large figure shakes with rage. "How... how dare you..."
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 08:53:09 am »

The brown-haired youth still looks completely lost, awaiting an explanation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 08:57:12 am »

"...Oliver can probably pick up the slack. Still, somewhat problematic for some."
Sigtext!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40