Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 1: Of Kings and Monks  (Read 32270 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 0: Seekers of Light
« Reply #240 on: September 29, 2016, 01:14:04 am »

He seems awkward as he silently looks around for armor.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 29, 2016, 01:14:22 am »

>"Remind me of that offer later, I haven't gotten my bearing on this little wars of ours just yet. And you," gesture at the angst pile "may wanna just swallow your pride and get a tome." Leave and head back to the town square.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #242 on: September 29, 2016, 01:16:06 am »

"The word of the general sends a thousand swords to perform his will; whoever's tongue is cleverer with its blades will be the victor. True genius, however, is avoiding war entirely; though I suppose you've given up on that fine art. Too complex, I'd imagine; hewing flesh with bits of metal is so much simpler. Though I know an excellent teacher that might even be able to educate the likes of you."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 29, 2016, 01:20:19 am »

>Grin and chuckle, tap the teleporting man on the shoulder "If you're feeling up for a demonstration, get the kid over here to apologize to the man in the tent and buy the tome he wants."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 29, 2016, 01:21:59 am »

He seems awkward as he silently looks around for armor.
There's a set of what looks to be samurai armor in the corner.
>"Remind me of that offer later, I haven't gotten my bearing on this little wars of ours just yet. And you," gesture at the angst pile "may wanna just swallow your pride and get a tome." Leave and head back to the town square.
Angelo flips him off as he leaves. The armored figure places a hand to his mouth, presumably to hide his smile.

Joseph finds himself in the town square. He sees buildings, shops, and a large stone man.
"The word of the general sends a thousand swords to perform his will; whoever's tongue is cleverer with its blades will be the victor. True genius, however, is avoiding war entirely; though I suppose you've given up on that fine art. Too complex, I'd imagine; hewing flesh with bits of metal is so much simpler. Though I know an excellent teacher that might even be able to educate the likes of you."
"How presumptuous. With a tongue as barbed as that, I don't see you avoiding any war any time soon. Especially not this one; after all, our fate seems to have been decided for us. Do you think you can stop the gods from quarreling?"

The knight clenches his fists. "Name yourself!"

"Oh, how rude of me. You may all call me King Thiyr. Pleased to make your acquaintances, Champions."

The knight looks even angrier, for some reason.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #245 on: September 29, 2016, 01:33:04 am »

"Avoidance of war often necessitates that both sides possess a conscience; you broadcast your lack thereof." He looks over his shoulder at Joseph, frowning momentarily at him.  "In a moment." He takes a step toward the increasingly agitated knight and speaks in a low voice.  "I do not know what connection you have with this man, but he is obviously here to intimitate us and set us off guard. Do not allow him even this small victory."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 29, 2016, 01:33:56 am »

"'Cute', why next time I see you... Ill, Ill The mask of John shatters again I'LL TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB YOU RED COMMIE BASTARD!"
After a few moments, That-which-was-john notices his facade has failed and quickly runs off after Joseph, blushing furiously more literally than usual
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 29, 2016, 01:37:53 am »

Turning at the sound of that little outburst, John sees the lady running away, and in a brief moment thought she was Freyja, of course, it seeing as the day Freyja blushes would be an awfully cold day in hell, he quickly realizes that mistake.
"Who the hell are you?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 29, 2016, 01:41:41 am »

"Avoidance of war often necessitates that both sides possess a conscience; you broadcast your lack thereof." He looks over his shoulder at Joseph, frowning momentarily at him.  "In a moment." He takes a step toward the increasingly agitated knight and speaks in a low voice.  "I do not know what connection you have with this man, but he is obviously here to intimidate us and set us off guard. Do not allow him even this small victory."
"What a feisty young noble you are." He merely smiles at Nobunaga.

The knight takes a deep breath. "... Yes. I must calm down."
"'Cute', why next time I see you... Ill, Ill The mask of John shatters again I'LL TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB YOU RED COMMIE BASTARD!"
After a few moments, That-which-was-john notices his facade has failed and quickly runs off after Joseph, blushing furiously more literally than usual
Thiyr actually seems surprised. "... Well."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 29, 2016, 01:43:47 am »

Ryuto, with surprising strength, hefts the armor over to the counter. He seems scared of the fuming girl.
"U-uh....how much for this?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #250 on: September 29, 2016, 01:44:54 am »

Nobunaga produces a shaku from within his clothing somewhere only to look down slightly and place the end of it on his forehead for a moment with a slight sigh before turning to Joseph.  "One problem at a time; where's the black magician? And, if I could ask a favor, please try to calm down that one."
GM of Trespassers V2.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 29, 2016, 01:47:23 am »

"Ah. Good, good. Do you sell caestuses, knuckledusters, reinforced gauntlets, that kind of thing here?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2016, 01:50:16 am »

"Ah. Good, good. Do you sell caestuses, knuckledusters, reinforced gauntlets, that kind of thing here?"
"We've got at least two of those things, miss."
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2016, 01:53:02 am »

((Assuming Nobu briefly teleported to Joseph, seeing as the latter is now at the town square.))
"You mean the angsty kid with the eyepatch? Wasn't he back over there with you? And, calm who down? This lady?"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:57:05 am by Empiricist »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 29, 2016, 01:57:52 am »

Turning at the sound of that little outburst, John sees the lady running away, and in a brief moment thought she was Freyja, of course, it seeing as the day Freyja blushes would be an awfully cold day in hell, he quickly realizes that mistake.
"Who the hell are you?"

That-which-was-John looks at their shoes as they grind their toes into the dirt like it could somehow take away the extreme embarrassment of dropping the mask of John twice inside the same ten minutes.
"Uhh... hmm... I am notJohn Smith but also am John Smith it... um I can't tell you exactly but I am not John Smith more than I am. It is like a mask I guess... no.."
That-which-was-John puts their finger to their chin thoughtfully before jumping with an idea
"Like a coin! One side is me, one side is him. Both different yet together sort of."
The emphasis on the him is one of slight distaste.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40