Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 1: Of Kings and Monks  (Read 32160 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 0: Seekers of Light
« Reply #210 on: September 28, 2016, 07:41:54 am »

"It seems to have worked out for you regardless of your misgivings. There are many evil practitioners of dark magic, but not all of them are malignant. In fact, I know. . . She trails off. ". . . disregard that."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 28, 2016, 07:43:34 am »

Obito takes a quick look around to see what weapons are actually available, before trying to get the group's attention.

"Excuse me, can I speak with whoever is in charge of this shop?"
As she enters, what seems to be an armored knight exits the shop. She sees that weapons of all kinds, from bows to maces to swords, are displayed on many racks. There is armor and shields and such things displayed, as well. The muscular, wheel-chaired man turns to Obito. "You're lookin' at him, miss."
"Hmm... Ill take the blue then should be enough"

John buys the blue tome then looks around for a flak jacket or something similar
The other book disappears. There are no flak jackets in this magical tent, but perhaps other shops might provide something similar.
>[X]Search for the gloomy teenager.
It takes a bit to find him, but he seems to be on the edge of town, near a tree, conversing with an armored fellow.
"It seems to have worked out for you regardless of your misgivings. There are many evil practitioners of dark magic, but not all of them are malignant. In fact, I know. . . She trails off. ". . . disregard that."
Zumiz simply ignores this.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 28, 2016, 07:45:28 am »

>[X]Wait for him to notice, in the meantime, listen in on the conversation.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #213 on: September 28, 2016, 07:46:12 am »

The woman sighs ever so faintly. "Well, Zumiz, as always, let me know if you need assistance." As she speaks this, she fades into nothingness once again, her last few words sounding like echoes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 28, 2016, 07:53:57 am »

<Lady luck will provide>
John wanders to other shops and either buys hollow point bullets or a flak jacket, whichever he finds first.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 28, 2016, 08:04:19 am »

The woman sighs ever so faintly. "Well, Zumiz, as always, let me know if you need assistance." As she speaks this, she fades into nothingness once again, her last few words sounding like echoes.
He sighs, tiredly.
>[X]Wait for him to notice, in the meantime, listen in on the conversation.
"Hm... Sounds rough, bud."
The warrior clenches his fist. "It is... a dreadful feeling, knowing only of battle and not of its reason."
"You seriously don't remember anything?"
He takes out the rose in his hair and holds it upwards. "My only memory is of this rose' importance. I know it is something I must hold dear."
The teen rolls his eye.
<Lady luck will provide>
John wanders to other shops and either buys hollow point bullets or a flak jacket, whichever he finds first.
He barges in to the gun shop, asking for bullets. "Ah... very well, sir. A moment..." The man stands up, opening the creaking door and slinking in. Due to the cramped nature of the room, he is quite close to Nagisa.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2016, 08:13:24 am »

"Some sort of booster for innate abilities?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2016, 08:21:23 am »

John stutters slightly and the illusion of a normal, average early 60's MI5 agent shatters to leave, a young very androgynous..guy person with fine features, bright blue eyes and blonde hair that is just long and messy enough to keep everything a bit ambiguous. Being pushed against Nagisa has caused that-which-was-John to blush quite furiously.

"Oh..oh bugger. I uhh uh e...excuse me mmiss."
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 28, 2016, 08:38:57 am »

Ryuto picks one of the sharper, spikier knives that looks like it'd hurt both the wielder and the victim.
"How much for this one?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 28, 2016, 08:40:33 am »

Ryuto picks one of the sharper, spikier knives that looks like it'd hurt both the wielder and the victim.
"How much for this one?"
The man looks at him very, very strangely. "... Same price."
"Some sort of booster for innate abilities?"
The old man stretches, and waves his arms, before a metal gauntlet appears in front of him. "We don't carry many of these. They're powerful, but it will cost you."
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 28, 2016, 08:49:56 am »

Ryuto passes over the appropriate amount of gold, taking the knife and bowing modestly.
"Thanks."
He walks out, pocketing the knife, before looking for somewhere to buy armor. As much as Tatsuya could heal from his wounds, Ryuto preferred that his body not be riddled with wounds when he woke up again.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2016, 05:25:22 pm »

>[X]Tap the boy on the shoulder "You owe the shopkeep an apology, he'll give you the books. Turned out we just didn't look our part in his eyes."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2016, 05:30:49 pm »

After waiting for a little while, Mawr steps inside the purple tent.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 28, 2016, 06:24:58 pm »

"Yeeesss... they are quite expensive, however... but quite powerful. I'm afraid you can't see what's on the other side of the door. Employees only, you see. We take requests..."
"Humm..." Nagisa pondered her options, then decided against getting something by request. Inefficient. He decided to get a sidearm instead.
"Do you have a phased plasma pistol in the 40 watt range?"
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 28, 2016, 07:50:44 pm »

Ryuto passes over the appropriate amount of gold, taking the knife and bowing modestly.
"Thanks."
He walks out, pocketing the knife, before looking for somewhere to buy armor. As much as Tatsuya could heal from his wounds, Ryuto preferred that his body not be riddled with wounds when he woke up again.
The man grunts in response.

There was armor in the shop he just exited... Maybe the eastern-looking store has some.
>[X]Tap the boy on the shoulder "You owe the shopkeep an apology, he'll give you the books. Turned out we just didn't look our part in his eyes."
"Huh? What do you..." He groans. "I'm not going back in there. That asshole can keep his books. I can manage without them." He folds his arms and turns away.

The knight turns to Joseph. "My apologies. I do not believe we have been introduced. He is called Angelo Abate. I am..." He hesitates, looking embarrassed.
After waiting for a little while, Mawr steps inside the purple tent.
An old hooded man stares. "Welcome."
"Yeeesss... they are quite expensive, however... but quite powerful. I'm afraid you can't see what's on the other side of the door. Employees only, you see. We take requests..."
"Humm..." Nagisa pondered her options, then decided against getting something by request. Inefficient. He decided to get a sidearm instead.
"Do you have a phased plasma pistol in the 40 watt range?"
"Hm... I'm afraid we only deal in ballistics..."
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40