Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 1: Of Kings and Monks  (Read 32176 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 0: Seekers of Light
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2016, 12:19:22 am »

"What? Can I buy these or not?"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2016, 12:44:32 am »

Somewhat abruptly, a woman in unusual, colorful robes with long, dark, ribbon-adorned hair and distinctly unnatural yellow eyes appears in the tent, quite literally out of thin air. "Is there something amiss?" She directs her question at the beleaguered shopkeeper.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2016, 12:46:44 am »

>"A misunderstanding I'm afraid. Turns out some of us don't look the side we're meant to be fighting for."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2016, 12:56:23 am »

"I see. Zumiz, I will take at least this customer off of your hands, if you do not mind. Now, what were you here to obtain?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2016, 01:00:22 am »

>"Got anything to help heal? Oh and, tomes of dark, black, or ancient magic if you have 'em."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2016, 01:10:24 am »

"Hm. I believe we have both. Allow me a moment, if you would." She turns around to check the man's inventory, and stops to speak with him. "Harmony wouldn't have sent them here if they had discernible ill will towards us. I am sure we can trust her judgement, so do not worry."
GM of Trespassers V2.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2016, 01:14:12 am »

"...slugs, maybe? For this--" she holds up the shotgun.
He inspects it. "Hm... I see, I see. Very good. Would you like the regular ones...?"

This piqued Nagisa's interest.
"Regular ones? Does that mean there are... non-regular ones? Could I see those?"
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2016, 03:26:13 am »

Mawr, herself, ends up hunting for a store that sells protective amulets or things like that.
She sees a purple tent. Looks pretty damn crowded, though...
"Hm. I believe we have both. Allow me a moment, if you would." She turns around to check the man's inventory, and stops to speak with him. "Harmony wouldn't have sent them here if they had discernible ill will towards us. I am sure we can trust her judgement, so do not worry."
He seems to want to speak against that, but slowly, surely, seemingly gives up. He waves his hands and a few old-looking books appear on the ground. Some white and gold, others black and purple.
"What? Can I buy these or not?"
"50 gold each." He floats them in front of the agent.
This piqued Nagisa's interest.
"Regular ones? Does that mean there are... non-regular ones? Could I see those?"
"Yeeesss... they are quite expensive, however... but quite powerful. I'm afraid you can't see what's on the other side of the door. Employees only, you see. We take requests..."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2016, 03:54:33 am »

>"Thank you, Zumiz, and thank you, Ma'am. I'll go drag the boy back here with an apology." Go find the eye-patched boy.
>Purchase a Passive Regeneration Ring. Give the man the whole bag of coins and tell him to keep the change, consider it, an apology of sorts.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 04:01:39 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2016, 05:00:52 am »

"How much for the knife?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 28, 2016, 05:08:13 am »

Throwing his hand to the sky, the youth begins chanting fast, quiet words in a strange language. He finishes and a sigil opens up in the air behind him. It expels a ball of flaming rock, larger than the boy itself; he leaps out of its path and the thing hurls onwards at Fredrech.
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2016, 05:13:37 am »

Obito takes a quick look around to see what weapons are actually available, before trying to get the group's attention.

"Excuse me, can I speak with whoever is in charge of this shop?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2016, 07:24:26 am »

>"Thank you, Zumiz, and thank you, Ma'am. I'll go drag the boy back here with an apology." Go find the eye-patched boy.
>Purchase a Passive Regeneration Ring. Give the man the whole bag of coins and tell him to keep the change, consider it, an apology of sorts.
He is silent, taking the offered money and handing him a faintly-glowing ring. Joseph can feel it pulsating gently.
"How much for the knife?"
"Fifty gold pieces."
Throwing his hand to the sky, the youth begins chanting fast, quiet words in a strange language. He finishes and a sigil opens up in the air behind him. It expels a ball of flaming rock, larger than the boy itself; he leaps out of its path and the thing hurls onwards at Fredrech.
"Uoooohh! SPACE SHIFT!" The stone man slams his hands together, before the air in front of him seems to warp and twist, before it flashes brightly, just as the meteor gets to it. When the space in front of him dims, the meteor is nowhere to be seen. In the distance, there is a rumble, as if something very large just impacted something else. Fredrich points at the boy.

"Defend against your opponent's attack, or else!"
Right on cue, the bit of earth he sent at him before hits the small knight directly in the chest.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2016, 07:34:31 am »

"Hmm... Ill take the blue then should be enough"

John buys the blue tome then looks around for a flak jacket or something similar
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2016, 07:39:56 am »

>[X]Search for the gloomy teenager.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40