Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159973 times)

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1260 on: October 18, 2016, 11:59:35 pm »

Regon prepares some Aecord to stop the bleeding before turning to Eddard. "Ya might wanna grit ya teef for dis" Regon says, giving him a moment to get ready before he begins to take the arrows out of him, making sure to bandage each hole up to stop the bleeding he moves onto the next step. Regon takes his knife from his belt and makes a small cut on his thumb, then proceeds to mark each hole with a growth rune, after finishing the last rune, Regon claps twice, puts his hands on Eddard's shoulders then begins to whisper, calling the life energy from the nature around him to flow into his wounds.
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 19, 2016, 12:08:08 am »

The old Knight laughed then winces in pain from still having arrows in him. "Well, whatever pleases our new overlords, aye?"

Ratodx shares Eddards sympathies. "Aye. And what Akras wants, Akras gets. Today that happened to include you all. Tomorrow might include the forests all around. The day after, everything between here and wherever the next ocean is. And Akras will get it. The VTOL here? That's small stuff for Akras. I've been on both sides of this and just- It's a choice of making the change bloodless or making the change bloodful. Or we both get lucky and have a mix of both, right?"

"Well, never have it be said that our new Overlords aren't ambitious, I suppose." Says Eddard before he nods at the Orc. The man does grit his teeth and grunts as arrows are removed from him and some strange, Orkish Shaman magic are drawn around his wound, Regon's whispers strangely caresses the gentle of his ear and his wounds began to mend as the very nature itself lends it's life to him, curing him as good as new. "My thanks, Orc. I suppose I'll head back to my people and see about getting them prepared to receive our new Overlord, then. Speaking of which.. are we going to get those slave collars as well?" Eddard asked, gesturing at the collars that Ratodx and Regon is wearing.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 19, 2016, 12:15:47 am »

"Only until they decide they can trust you. Then you get something more expensive and less likely to kill you if you do something they don't like. Standard procedure for all Akras Employees as such. The Shelter comes at a price, but most all of your people will die of old age in blissful peace. Just don't volunteer to be an Intern."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 19, 2016, 12:30:40 am »

Vhan chuckles a bit and recalls hearing a few rumors about the magi in Foxhound

"So Ratodx what next? Shall we do a sweep of the village and see what we can turn up? Hell if we're lucky they'll have some folklore about the vampire."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1264 on: October 19, 2016, 12:44:07 am »

Reserti lands next to Ratodx and dismounts, "He's feeling tired, and he needs to be in peak condition." He gestures to the knight with his bow, "Am I OK to unstring this or is he going to pull an Amadou on me?" Without waiting for an answer, he unstrings his bow.
"Knight, understand this. Initially, yes, I wanted to kill and humiliate you for the murder of my team leader. I have lost too many good people recently to simply put my trust in people. I find your concept of honor useless when compared to the honor of returning home to a loved one at the end of the day, standing on your own two feet and not in a casket."

Reserti turns to the Goblin, "Ratodx, I'm sorry for my behavior earlier. I was rash and spiteful. However, I am capable to lead. I am not simply a mere scout and will not be used for such purposes. We have more effective scouts who can hide - it is a lot harder to hide in the sky."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 19, 2016, 12:56:53 am »

The Knight scoffs. "Understand this, Elf. At the time, my whole livelihood, people and beloved ones are under threat. If you find my concept of honor useless then you truly are a fool, had you been in my position and fled, who then will stand between certain doom and the ones you love? would you so easily surrender and turn your backs on those who you care for so much? do not lecture me on a subject you could barely wrap your mind around."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1266 on: October 19, 2016, 12:58:31 am »

The Knight scoffs. "Understand this, Elf. At the time, my whole livelihood, people and beloved ones are under threat. If you find my concept of honor useless then you truly are a fool, had you been in my position and fled, who then will stand between certain doom and the ones you love? would you so easily surrender and turn your backs on those who you care for so much? do not lecture me on a subject you could barely wrap your mind around."
"Do not talk to me of sacrifice, Human!"
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 19, 2016, 01:03:38 am »

Vhan holding back a tear "Reserti enough! You have lost two people. This man has just lost over half his village in the blink of an eye and he's still more rational than you. Clam down and get your head straight. You aren't the only person who has felt loss. You aren't the only person who is trying to protect people they care about."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:05:50 am by Kuma »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 19, 2016, 01:07:36 am »

Vhan chuckles a bit and recalls hearing a few rumors about the magi in Foxhound

"So Ratodx what next? Shall we do a sweep of the village and see what we can turn up? Hell if we're lucky they'll have some folklore about the vampire."

"Akras should have teams sweeping the village for any sources of information. We have the rest of today and two more beyond that, so we can afford to wait and rest for a moment, check gear and such, while we wait for the search teams to do what they do. After Eddard has some time to brief his people, we can also consult him on any records or lore they might have on the vampire, or who might maybe know more at least."

Reserti turns to the Goblin, "Ratodx, I'm sorry for my behavior earlier. I was rash and spiteful. However, I am capable to lead. I am not simply a mere scout and will not be used for such purposes. We have more effective scouts who can hide - it is a lot harder to hide in the sky."
"Apology accepted. Anyone is capable of leading. Significantly less are capable of leading well. And if you think that was mere scouting that you were doing, then you still have much to learn. We may have people who are better able to hide, but being up in the sky let's you see signficantly more as you yourself pointed out. As it stands, your bird needs rest so you will be grounded along side us for now."

"Do not talk to me of sacrifice, Human!"

Ratodx talks in a specifically calm manner. "Reserti. Shut up. As your beloved is to you, all of the people here are to him. And we have been responsible for many of their deaths, however potentially temporary they might be. Sir Eddard, I ask forgiveness on behalf of my subordinate. He is still of an age where blood runs quite hot and he needs to learn to cool down. I beg that you see to your people's needs while I address him."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 19, 2016, 01:22:56 am »

Eddard nodded to Ratodx to that, calming down somewhat. "Apology accepted, Greenskin. I never had much expectations to the communists anyway. I swear they think they're better than anyone else just because they live longer."

With that, the Knight hops onto his Kelpie and gallops away back to town.

Just in time for you to see the ominous hums. Hums of nearly a dozen VTOLs flying in, with supply trucks, survey drones and fabricator drones strapped to the bottom.

They came in, releasing the cables to let the trucks and drones off before landing just a distance away.

A literal small army of Akras employees came flooding out in their signature white armored Hazmat suits, some in bright orange workvests and bright yellow construction helmets, controlling drones.

They work fast, terrifyingly so. Eddard had barely started explaining before a fireteam of Hazmat-armored men start hosing down everyone with what must be cleaning solutions or some sort of smoke thing that probably gets people clean, or something? at least they're not pressure washing them..

.. Yep, they're pressure washing them, too. That looks awfully painful to the ones who are wounded, but a few of the men walked over and sprayed biofoam on them too so that got better.

Meanwhile, over half of the people are kicking down doors and looking for anything that might be valuable to Akras, cleaning everything out then setting fire on,

Hold the fuck up. Yes, they're burning the houses down!

The peasants are visibly distressed as Akras sweeps in, takes everything of value and more or less starts burning things down.. They left the farms untouched, though.

Fire burns quickly and the primitive houses yield under modern liquid flames, in your shock, you stood just long enough for an explanation to show itself.

With several drones flying in the sky, quick-drying concrete are poured around the village, making flat surfaces. Large construction drones dragged in prefab housings where they are deployed en-masse, people heading inside to unfold the furnitures that came with the housing unit itself and to connect the power and water cables, connecting it to a portable generator and water purifier.

By the time people are cleaned and have barcode tattoos on their arms from people walking around asking their names and putting a large bulky tool thing around their arm, the housing units were already set up, the stone manor torn down and a proper Concrete HQ bunker is being poured into it's mold, the shitty wooden palisade knocked over and more concrete are being poured to make a star-shaped fortress.

All of this happening during the confusion.

Right now? Everyone in this village have been processed, cleaned and vaccinated.

Every primitive houses were burned, paved over and had a housing unit erected in it's place.

The Bunker is on it's way nicely enough,

The wall won't take long to finish now.

Best of all? It's only been ten minutes since the first truck touches down.

You see a larger housing unit having been set up outside near where you are at, with it's own portable power generator and water purifier. It is presumably for you.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 19, 2016, 01:26:08 am »

Note to self. Apologize to Eddard for the false expectations. And buy him many drinks.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 19, 2016, 01:29:28 am »

"Holy Shit."

Vhan stands in awe at how quickly and effectively Akras has transformed the village into a fully functioning bunker.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1272 on: October 19, 2016, 02:04:23 am »

Reserti just stares at the mixture of carnage and industry. When the houses are burned down, he is visibly angry, but quickly calms when the prefabs come in.

"I..." Reserti stammers. "I don't know what to say to all this."

To the knight, "Human. Can we forget our past troubles? I am no communist. Not any more. Not since I ran away to get a better life for my love. I am only Eighty-four years of age, a mere adolescent. it is in my nature to be petty. When we live as long as we do, us elves have a lot of spare time on our hands. I ask for your forgiveness. Just imagine if our positions were swapped. Someone's just murdered your leader and you're in a position of power to avenge them. Would you take your revenge, as I initially sought out to do to you? Our honor codes are so different, but each of our honor codes binds us to the same effect. I am driven to protect my friends just as much as you are driven by your honor code. If we can't forget our past grievances, can we at least work towards neutrality?"

To Ratodx, "If I'm grounded, at least let me be useful in a command role. At least give me a formal chance. I am willing to have you as our leader if I am given a chance to prove my capability. Speaking of which, we need to find someone to tell about Amadou's condition. Please, Ratodx, grant me one chance to prove myself. I just want to protect as many of us as possible. If necessary, I would even offer my blood to the vampire if it meant everyone surviving."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 19, 2016, 06:43:31 am »

Holy shit, Akras doesn't kid around.

So Ratodx, I guess you're the de facto squad leader now? It suits you. I hope that no one makes a fuss over it, you're probably the most suited for it amongst us.

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 19, 2016, 07:03:06 am »

Khaiden is laughing, but you can't see his face under the mask of his assault suit. He makes a hand gesture with both his hands in which only the pointer and pinky fingers are raised.

"I love my job."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 201