Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159980 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1245 on: October 18, 2016, 05:20:31 pm »

((He has disarmed and taken off his armor, so I assume he walked over to Ratodx in compliance with his orders))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 18, 2016, 05:23:24 pm »

"I'm an arcanist necromancer and I'm only a journeyman when it comes to souls, so healing someone other than myself or even keeping them stable is extremely inefficient in terms of soul use. So unless you have about a dozen people I can harvest souls from, I can't do squat for him. Even then it's not a sure thing. Your choice: them or him."
I think it might be best to get help for him back at the base comrade. I don't think it would be wise for us to try to help him mid mission with our current knowledge and power.

Melnakos starts to keep watch of the surrounding area for hostiles.
"Hmmm. That won't do, we need their souls for Eddard, but that'll only work if he believes us......wait- The VTOL!"

"Captain, another request after all of these other requests. I plan on demonstrating to the local CO that Akras has the capacity to bring back his dead personnel to help encourage sincere cooperation. Your VTOL is fusion powered, meaning that it is equipped with Heatsink stones, likely Pattern 3. If you can receive access to Sigil 3 and permission for us to use it, we can use the mana stored in your HSSs to power the required rituals. Is this an agreeable course of action Captain?"

Dexter acknowledges Ratodx, and heads towards the knight.

Our medics are going to have a handful with our own wounded. Is there healer among your people who wound be able to heal your wounds? I promise he will not be harmed.

"While I appreciate the motion Dexter, our guest will be fine until Regon is able to tend to his wounds."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 18, 2016, 05:23:34 pm »

(yeah i hadn't read that post)
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1248 on: October 18, 2016, 05:24:05 pm »

((Yeah, the knight rode off, Reserti gave chase and knocked him off his mount))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 18, 2016, 05:25:45 pm »

(also somemildmanneredidiot, we dont have a ritualist that can do what you want, our necromancer is an arcanist)
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 18, 2016, 07:07:51 pm »

"Well, if you think you know what you're doing, kid, I'll let you tap into the awesome power that is the Mk.III HSS. But if you blow something up, you're paying for it." Says Captain Raynolds as he does one more pass over the village, making people cower before the flying metal dragon before he returned to the landing zone to gently land. "Smooth." Says the man himself, nodding.

"You're fooling no one with your words, Elf." The aged Knight said to Reserti as he waddle his way along, wounded but not broken.

Once walked over and talked to, he'll nods to Dexter. "Aye, there are healers in my estate, and my personal doctor have a many of beneficial herbs. I would offer their services, but it does not seems like any one else of yours are so much as scratched."

Once Ratodx got close enough to talk to, the Knight addresses him. "Greenskin, I acknowledge that me and my men have been bested and that my estate are no longer mine, As Lord of the Estate, you may do to me as you'd like. But I ask of you, as one civilized being to another, leave my people be. They've done no wrong to you, and they've already lost so much. I'd rather they not get raped, pillaged and razed as well."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 18, 2016, 07:11:37 pm »

Khaiden uses his comm so the knight doesn't hear:

"We can agree to the first demand, but the other two are contingent on cooperation. I'm available if we need enhanced interrogation or a clear threat to carry through, but otherwise don't tell him what I am. I doubt he'd know who I am, considering nobody's lived to describe me well enough to make a wanted poster, but still. Also, I am not a criminal, I was found not guilty by an impartial judge."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 18, 2016, 07:43:03 pm »

I would say that what you did to Amadou is a bit more than a scratch, but yes, it seems no one else is injured on our end. I'm sorry you cannot say the same. I'm sure they were good men, and I'm sorry they had to die.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 18, 2016, 08:07:16 pm »

"Well, if you think you know what you're doing, kid, I'll let you tap into the awesome power that is the Mk.III HSS. But if you blow something up, you're paying for it." Says Captain Raynolds as he does one more pass over the village, making people cower before the flying metal dragon before he returned to the landing zone to gently land. "Smooth." Says the man himself, nodding.
"Thanks Captain, I'll do my best not to own you money. You are good to radio Akras that the village has been pacified and is compliant. Alright, Regon, Khaiden, here's your mana source." Assuming that the Captain got the permissions we need, Ratodx will walk the two magi through how to tap into the source. Hopefully the rest of the magi on the team are paying attention of some amount as it really is useful information.

"You're fooling no one with your words, Elf." The aged Knight said to Reserti as he waddle his way along, wounded but not broken.

Once walked over and talked to, he'll nods to Dexter. "Aye, there are healers in my estate, and my personal doctor have a many of beneficial herbs. I would offer their services, but it does not seems like any one else of yours are so much as scratched."

Once Ratodx got close enough to talk to, the Knight addresses him. "Greenskin, I acknowledge that me and my men have been bested and that my estate are no longer mine, As Lord of the Estate, you may do to me as you'd like. But I ask of you, as one civilized being to another, leave my people be. They've done no wrong to you, and they've already lost so much. I'd rather they not get raped, pillaged and razed as well."
Ratodx raises an eyebrow at the Knight (visible or not)."Akras has no desire to harm your people beyond what is necessary to show that there is no resisting. We have already done that, so as long as you and your people comply there is no risk of 'raping, pillaging, or razing'. If anything, Akras will end up providing your people a better life than they could have ever had before. We all require four things good Knight. Food, Shelter, Security, and Prosperity. This is what is needed for a person to thrive and for there to be hope of a better life for their children. Akras is more than able to provide Security as you've experienced. I've been employed by Akras for less than three days and I've eaten more and better than I have- well, ever. And I mean Food, not anything else you might think of Greenskins. Shelter is of no question, and Prosperity is earned based on skill and merit, with opportunities regardless of birth."

"But back to business. Akras has given us a Primary objective and a secondary objective. Securing and pacifying the population here was the secondary objective. Akras has obtained information suggesting that there is at least one vampire located within this village or close enough to this village. Our primary objective is to recruit or pacify the vampire presence here and bring them back to Akras for whatever purposes our Bosses decide. It will....reflect well upon your people if you are able to assist us with this matter. Beyond that, Akras seeks knowledge of all things so all books, records, and any written knowledge will be collected for Akras use, and all complying people will be debriefed in one fashion or another for any information that is of interest. But that will be dealt with later. First we'll be seeing the results of an Orc Shaman and a Human Magi working together to undo the damage of a flintlock to the face. I hope you're as excited as I am, good Knight. Feel free to comment on what you know about our primary objective while we wait."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 18, 2016, 10:50:13 pm »

"Alright kids, The boys back at base knows what's up and they'll be coming in to take over in ten-something minutes." Cpt. Raynolds informed after telling them to come over.

The Knight raises a brow somewhat, but nods. "So that rumors did go so far. Aye, there's talks of a creature of the night not far from here, in the old Manor in the woods where it's always storming and raining. Many an adventure braved the woods in search for it, not so many returned. As far as I know, it's been around longer than my town have, even. If your masters wishes to pacify it, then I wish you the best of luck. Unholy creatures such as those does not deserve another day of it's unholy unlife." Eddard answered, before relaxing somewhat. "But I am glad to hear that your Masters does not wish to simply raze my town to the ground, the people will rest easier."

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 18, 2016, 10:54:37 pm »

To the Knight "The adventures who returned Sir, did they happen to say anything about the Vampire? What it looked liked, abilities?"
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: October 18, 2016, 11:07:24 pm »

"None of them ever made it into the Manor. I suspect them of cowardice and fled before the sight of the Creature's lair." The Knight answered.

Your Helmet's IFF tells you that there's a large.. LARGE amount of friendly contacts heading your way.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 18, 2016, 11:15:47 pm »

"Alright kids, The boys back at base knows what's up and they'll be coming in to take over in ten-something minutes." Cpt. Raynolds informed after telling them to come over.

"Confirmed. You've been a life saver Captain."

The Knight raises a brow somewhat, but nods. "So that rumors did go so far. Aye, there's talks of a creature of the night not far from here, in the old Manor in the woods where it's always storming and raining. Many an adventure braved the woods in search for it, not so many returned. As far as I know, it's been around longer than my town have, even. If your masters wishes to pacify it, then I wish you the best of luck. Unholy creatures such as those does not deserve another day of it's unholy unlife." Eddard answered, before relaxing somewhat. "But I am glad to hear that your Masters does not wish to simply raze my town to the ground, the people will rest easier."
"That is particularly helpful, thank you. I have word that Akras will be arriving in about 10 minutes to begin processing your people. I'll have you patched up and sent over to your people so they know what's going on and the process can be done smoothly. If you are able to get together a collection of the locations of all written knowledge sources, or as many as you can while Akras is arriving, it would look well among your people. You'll want to tell them that they are going to be transported to the Akras Spiral where they will be cleaned and processed, which means that they'll receive something that will help prevent diseases, but it'll cause some pain, for a short while. Like if you stubbed your arm on an arrow, but with much less damage. "

"It looks like the ritual is taking longer than I'd like to show off, so I'll do you a favor and let you know something. Akras can bring the dead back to life. Not shitting you or anything. You get those book locations down quick and be as helpful as possible, and Akras might even give you a discount on getting them resurrected. Give them something really good, and they might even bring them all back to life for free. I have no guarantees on either of those points, but Akras likes those who help them get what they want, so they might throw you a bone on this, parden the expression."

"Regon! We're delaying bringing Actual back. Help out your buddy Eddard here so he can help his people be ready for Akras."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 18, 2016, 11:19:01 pm »

The old Knight laughed then winces in pain from still having arrows in him. "Well, whatever pleases our new overlords, aye?"

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 18, 2016, 11:49:06 pm »

The old Knight laughed then winces in pain from still having arrows in him. "Well, whatever pleases our new overlords, aye?"

Ratodx shares Eddards sympathies. "Aye. And what Akras wants, Akras gets. Today that happened to include you all. Tomorrow might include the forests all around. The day after, everything between here and wherever the next ocean is. And Akras will get it. The VTOL here? That's small stuff for Akras. I've been on both sides of this and just- It's a choice of making the change bloodless or making the change bloodful. Or we both get lucky and have a mix of both, right?"
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 201