Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160057 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #900 on: October 14, 2016, 12:09:53 am »

Regon looks up at Ratodx from his work.
"Oi oi, dis iz just a little prep fo' da ritual we might be needin'. Itz a gud spot for muh mornin' rituals. If ya be needin' any magic just gimme a shout"

Ratodx has some worry on his face. "Dat's gud thinkin' but Akras iz bossy 'bout where da magic 'n rituals iz done. You 'n Boss Amadou can do sum chattin' bout it ta make sure da Big Bosses don't take a piss about it. You keep doin' you's prep tho, it'za gud work. I'm gotta prep for da mission, but I'ma be back soon for chattin'."

Ratodx then seeks out Amadou with as much calm as he can muster, delaying the conversation til after the briefing, making sure to mute his own mic. "Boss, small problem. Might not be a problem, but Akras's policy on rituals in quarters has eluded me somehow. Regon is a magic user. Not bad, about all of us are it seems, but he's set up a small ritual site. I've told him that it's a good idea but that he should talk to you to make sure the Big Bosses don't get upset about it. So if you could get that sorted out before a problem happens...well, I'd rather have Regon as a squad member than not."

"A less potentially disastrous point, having just the militia obtain the vampire might not go so well. Having the militia support and potentially advise on our own search might be safer and allow for better obtaining of the target."

"It's also come to mind that a majority of this team isn't really trained. At all. In a combat and military sense. On interacting in field within a squad. There's not much we can do about that til after the mission cause we're heading out in the morning, but it is something that might be necessary if we want as few casualties on our end as possible. Running some drills involving squad communication and calling targets might help."

"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #901 on: October 14, 2016, 12:31:11 am »

"The sooner that we go and do this, the sooner I can see my love."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 14, 2016, 01:19:45 am »

"If it's not a dangerous or experimental ritual, the brass doesn't care. For experimental they require at least one other armed person present; dangerous stuff must be made at the R&D labs.
The real problem there is Danh, the poor guy is mildly thaumophobe but got stuck on a team full of mages; he has agreed to keep any disparaging comments to himself but we must also respect his peculiarities, in this case I don't think he'll be pleased to see his home filled with sigils...
I also had an experiment planned but was going to move it back to a lab in respect to him, so please talk it over with Regon and make him understand.

As for the other concern: I fully agree and intend to push the mission departure time to noon. Today I'll teach everyone to use the equipment - it's a pity that you guys still can't read our language, it'd make it so much easier - and run drills in the morning with Danh's assistance.

Finally, I don't intend to have the militia contact the target, only gather information on its location; it might get violent or flee if he sees local soldiers coming to its place. I wanted to take the team on the VTOL to awe it, and bribe it with a crate full of blood."

Amadou writes to mission control about his intentions to delay the departure to lunch time, to get to the target no sooner than mid-afternoon, describing his reasons.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:01:07 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 14, 2016, 04:53:18 am »

Vhan nods in agreement and heads back to the barracks. Once in the barracks Vhan stops for a second not expecting to see a ritual being preformed. Vhan continues to their bed not saying a word for they knows how tricky magic can be at times. After taking of their heavy coat filled with various tools and a contraption or two and hanging it on a bedpost, Vhan takes a quick shower, and hops into bed wearing only a pair of shorts.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:15:55 am by Kuma »
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 14, 2016, 05:10:08 am »

[you wrote Maegil instead of Amadou.]

Amadou got a reply of approval, the mission launch will be pushed back to noon.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 14, 2016, 05:15:34 am »

((Oops! Corrected.))

Amadou looks around the room and sees who's not there. He makes another general call to the team, telling them to gather in the room for instruction. He looks at the glyphs, and hopes that Danh won't freak out - in fact he sends him a message describing the situation, saying that it shouldn't happen again without pressing cause and preemptively apologising.

He then goes to call Vhan back to the living room, as he has to prepare the team for the mission tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:58:04 am by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 14, 2016, 05:34:50 am »

Vhan sits up on the bed and does a quick stretch before heading to the living room, deciding to leave their coat behind.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:14:05 am by Kuma »
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 14, 2016, 08:34:13 am »

Danh enters the barracks, a frown already plastered on his face. He'd caught the message about green guy doing a bunch of magic shit. Erg.
At least it wasn't from one of the magis on base. Then he'd just wait outside. Shutting the door behind him, he heads to the sink, and begins filling up a small glass of water.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 14, 2016, 08:44:08 am »

Amadou approaches Danh.
"Sorry about that, I also only just found out. I've had a talk with Ratodx, he'll explain it to the Orc better that I could - they speak a dialect that causes the translation program to just distort the translation and throw in some completely incomprehensible words, it's very baffling."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:59:38 am by Maegil »

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 14, 2016, 09:21:05 am »

Gulping down his water, and shaking his head a bit, he replies, "Yeah, thanks for telling me about it beforehand. So, the flamer is ready. Have it set in our squad's storage. And you wanted the LMG on what, again? Will it need a hardpoint put on it?"

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 14, 2016, 09:33:08 am »

Upon seeing Amadou enter the room he sets down the last totem and stands up, approaching him.
"Oi oi boss, do ya know where i can get meself some plant trays or sumfing, I ain't got much to werk wiv 'ere."
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 14, 2016, 10:48:41 am »

"My trike is already fitted with one, tomorrow you can show me how to operate it...
I'm sorry, I'll ask a lot of you tomorrow before we leave, we must get these guys to start acting as a team. Today I'll teach them how to use the helmet's basic functions, and if you don't mind please give them pointers on the weapons - I don't think the induction training today amounted to much, so might as well reinforce it and clear any doubts."

((SMMI seems to be having problems to connect, so I'll pretend that Ratodx already spoke with Regon about Danh))
"So did Ratodx spoke with you about the sigils then? See, our friend Danh here isn't comfortable around magic, so let's avoid doing any in the room, it's his home too, all right?
Now, plants... The biolab ahould have some vases, but I think the only plants around here are by the driveway outside; even the plants in the hallways are plastic... When we return from the mission I'll get some vases and dirt for you, even seeds, but you'll have to plant them yourself."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:50:39 am by Maegil »

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 14, 2016, 10:58:06 am »

Khaiden signs himself up for an adult Terran literacy class.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 14, 2016, 11:01:47 am »

Khaiden asks Amadou to sign him up for a Terran language class, including literacy.
FTFY, Khaiden wouldn't know how to do it and would need someone to help him.

"Sure, as soon as we return. I'm glad you've decided to quicken your integration."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:03:53 am by Maegil »

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 14, 2016, 11:08:09 am »

(Sorry)

"If a superior option is available, I choose it. That's the case with this company, so integration is the goal. After all what did Gaians ever do for me? Besides die."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 201